My Car Cranks But Its Slow To Start

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
120 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 8 years ago '08        #21
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,244 | Props total: 384 384
if a tune up won't work, then it might be your timing belt...
 8 years ago '05        #22
youngvito18 8 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,777 | Props total: 4712 4712
 Bman409 said:
You could check the spark plugs yourself bruh, all you need is a rachet wrench and the correct size socket. Can't get the plug out? Just use the spark plug wire to pull them out.

Real talk.. If you have the time and money I'd invest in a "Haynes" manual from your local auto store, shouldn't cost no more than $40 but in the end that'll save you so much time and money bruh. You'll have a mechanic book with you with instructions from basic tune-ups to bodywork with pictures.

I got one for my Integra and I live in that book! Something that don't seem right with the whip I refer to my "Haynes" manual for troubleshooting. That book alone has saved me hundreds of dollars.

im gonna do that, s**t i might be able to save some bucks
 10-10-2009, 07:02 PM         #23
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ruff said:
Sounds like a starter.
Most likely. But make sure you check your engine grounds. Fuel pressure issues wouldn't cause that.

If the starter is starting to go, the selenoid won't spin the gear attached to your flywheel fast enough to spin your crank, which in turn spins your cam/s to turn the distributor, which generates spark, causing this slow startup.

Have the battery checked out and DOUBLE CHECK your grounds. Sounds like the main ground on the battery is having bad contact.
 10-10-2009, 07:05 PM         #24
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bman409 said:
You could check the spark plugs yourself bruh,
Bad spark plugs wouldn't cause the slowness upon cranking that he is suffering from. Bad spark plugs would contribute to excessive cranking and not being able to turn the engine over.

Slowness upon cranking would imply -

bad grounds
bad starter
bad starter signal
bad ignition switch (which sends power/signal to the starter)
bad battery

CHECK the ground/power terminals on the battery!

Do not waste money on an alternator. This is not the issue.

Last edited by diplo; 10-10-2009 at 07:08 PM..
 10-10-2009, 07:08 PM         #25
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yourFATazzMAMA said:
if a tune up won't work, then it might be your timing belt...
Timing being off wouldn't slow down the crank movement, which is slow as he describes.

And he wouldn't be able to start the car with a broken belt. He can start the car.
 8 years ago '06        #26
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
$20,386 | Props total: 2448 2448
 diplo said:
Bad spark plugs wouldn't cause the slowness upon cranking that he is suffering from. Bad spark plugs would contribute to excessive cranking and not being able to turn the engine over.
Thats why I co-signed on that guy tellin' him to check for corrosion around the battery. I never said it was his spark plugs, I was implyin' that he could've checked/replaced his spark plugs himself.. aka doin' his own tuneups and savin' money.

I expect it was his connection all along.
 8 years ago '05        #27
space
space
 diplo said:

Slowness upon cranking would imply -

bad grounds
bad starter
bad starter signal
bad ignition switch (which sends power/signal to the starter)
bad battery

CHECK the ground/power terminals on the battery!

Do not waste money on an alternator. This is not the issue.
props, im wroking on the car today, im gonna check the list of stuff to check and im gonna cop the book bman told me about
 8 years ago '05        #28
space
space
aight, my boy got this machine that he hooked up to my car and it tests the alternator, the starter and the battery

after starting my car and it did the excessive cranking/hesitated to start and then started the machine said my battery was good but "starter amp draw is low with ok starter voltage"
 10-14-2009, 03:31 PM         #29
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hmm, sounds like a shot starter solenoid. Like I said, your ignition switch, when you turn the key, sends voltage to your solenoid to open circuit. Your starter will then draw power from the battery.

First, check the terminals on the battery. Clean them with a brush and some baking soda/water or Coca Cola.

If all else fails, take the starter out, bring to autozone/advance auto/pep boys and have them test it.
 8 years ago '07        #30
mike-o 
space
space
$49 | Props total: 0 0
check your battery again clean the connection terminals because corrosion is a factor, if thats not the problem check the alternator it could be faulty, and if that passes check into a tune up it could be fouled or corroded spark plugs...its hard to tell exactly what it is without knowing more about the car
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
261 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
102 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
30 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
97 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy