Roy Jones Jr. vs Bernard Hopkins[4-3-2010][HBO-PPV]

most viewed right now
 176
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
62 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 80
Video inside Slut Amber Rose meets the Slut Maker
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 78
Video inside Savage: Chick Tells Her Husband She's Cheating On Him & He Thinks She's..
37 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 56
Image(s) inside May 19 - Here's #1 Factor Experts Say Accounts for High Number of Mass..
114 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

winner
Bhop by KO 14 41.18%
Bhop by Dec 9 26.47%
Draw 1 2.94%
RJJR by KO 1 2.94%
RJJR by Dec 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #121
Grisly 35 heat pts35
space
avatar space
space
$7,894 | Props total: 3413 3413
 philly337 said:
lol @ "jones has a boner for some reason" haha

but this s**t is about to suck...will have to hear from dumbasses who don't know s**t how hopkins > jones based off of this f!ght.Pullin for roy but dude is shot to hell and back
f**k kind of philly person doesn't like B Hop?

you should be ashamed of yourself.

Philly f!ghters rep for they city hard as f**k and your a bum a.ss Roy fan? lol
 8 years ago '06        #122
philly337 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$30,055 | Props total: 13743 13743
 Grisly said:
f**k kind of philly person doesn't like B Hop?

you should be ashamed of yourself.

Philly f!ghters rep for they city hard as f**k and your a bum a.ss Roy fan? lol
1.don't live in a philly

2.I am a bhop fan just know roy woulda made him his b**ch in their prime

3.roy > hop
 8 years ago '09        #123
McmasterlockPt2 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$13,000 | Props total: 952 952
Something tells me this f!ght will be a big dissappointment, but I will find a stream online to catch
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #124
Grisly 35 heat pts35
space
avatar space
space
$7,894 | Props total: 3413 3413
 elferoz said:
damn, bernard not even laughin, smirkin or smilin or nothin.

he just walked off wit that grimey face. he done wit talkin, he gon let them gloves talk tonight.

WHAT TIME IS IT?!?!

EXECUTION TIMEEEEEEEEE!
 8 years ago '04        #125
Grisly 35 heat pts35
space
avatar space
space
$7,894 | Props total: 3413 3413
 philly337 said:
1.don't live in a philly

2.I am a bhop fan just know roy woulda made him his b**ch in their prime

3.roy > hop
...nevermind.
 8 years ago '06        #126
kevkhalee 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,319 | Props total: 120 120
................


:whoa2:
 8 years ago '06        #128
philly337 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$30,055 | Props total: 13743 13743
too bad roy f!ghts nothing like that anymore..soon as he went to the ropes he'd clinch and get off.Tonight he'll sit there and let hop hit him..movements are pretty much completely gone and nowhere near as agressive and fast
 8 years ago '05        #129
Sizzler01 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$5,345 | Props total: 1683 1683
wow Bert Sugar is brutal going in on Roy

During his peak years, he beat and retired most of the civil servants of the city of New York, a fireman, policeman, mortarmen and other f!ghters who weren't a household name in their own households.
 8 years ago '10        #130
USC 79 heat pts79
space
avatar space
space
$22,501 | Props total: 14514 14514
Who goin out tonight to watch the f!ght?
 8 years ago '04        #131
1MikE 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$7,131 | Props total: 1887 1887
any one actually gonna buy this?
 8 years ago '04        #132
Grisly 35 heat pts35
space
avatar space
space
$7,894 | Props total: 3413 3413
 Sizzler01 said:
wow Bert Sugar is brutal going in on Roy
Bert Sugar speaks truth though.

Roy fought a s**tload of nobodies.
 8 years ago '06        #133
philly337 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$30,055 | Props total: 13743 13743
 Grisly said:
Bert Sugar speaks truth though.

Roy fought a s**tload of nobodies.
1.That's his fault?

2.Still as plenty of big wins

3.Hopkins has just as many nobodies

4.Who did roy duck?The man went from middle to heavy and there is not one name that can be brought up that he ducked other then overseas f!ghters (there wa sno chance roy was goin overseas after being robbed..he said it when he turned pro)
 8 years ago '08        #134
MAKAVELI2199 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$5,386 | Props total: 195 195
i'm tryin to go out and watch the f!ght tonight ... tryin' to find a sports bar or some s**t around here that will be airing the f!ght

but haven't found any yet ...im debating on just throwing $25 each, me and my n*gga and just watching that s**t at the crib
 8 years ago '10        #135
USC 79 heat pts79
space
avatar space
space
$22,501 | Props total: 14514 14514
 MAKAVELI2199 said:
i'm tryin to go out and watch the f!ght tonight ... tryin' to find a sports bar or some s**t around here that will be airing the f!ght

but haven't found any yet ...im debating on just throwing $25 each, me and my n*gga and just watching that s**t at the crib
Buffalo Wild wings usually show the PPV f!ghts
 8 years ago '04        #136
Grisly 35 heat pts35
space
avatar space
space
$7,894 | Props total: 3413 3413
 MAKAVELI2199 said:
i'm tryin to go out and watch the f!ght tonight ... tryin' to find a sports bar or some s**t around here that will be airing the f!ght

but haven't found any yet ...im debating on just throwing $25 each, me and my n*gga and just watching that s**t at the crib
thas what i did.

i cant smoke at no sports bar, and im way more a pothead then i am a drinker
 8 years ago '07        #137
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$42,718 | Props total: 37854 37854
 philly337 said:
1.That's his fault?

2.Still as plenty of big wins

3.Hopkins has just as many nobodies

4.Who did roy duck?The man went from middle to heavy and there is not one name that can be brought up that he ducked other then overseas f!ghters (there wa sno chance roy was goin overseas after being robbed..he said it when he turned pro)
Pretty much everyone RJJ fought at light heavy, was ranked #1 by an organization for one of the belts he held.... and he held many. That was one of RJJ's problems... he held too many belts and he wanted to keep all of them. So he had to f!ght mandatories.

My fave was when Hop was talking sh*t about RJJ f!ghting nobodies after he himself just finished f!ghting Morrade Hakkar. Look up that f!ght if you don't remember it. That is the single worst f!ght I've ever seen in pro boxing.


Philly, anytime cats want to use the excuse of RJJ ducking people, this is what you gotta bring up.

1) The reason RJJ didn't get to f!ght any good f!ghters at middleweight (after he split from his father), outside of Hopkins is, Toney retired the entire division. Toney left a trail of broken f!ghters.

2) At super middleweight, people kinda like to say RJJ ducked the euro f!ghters Eubank, Benn, Collins. Well, we all believe Toney never ducked anyone ever, right? So how come Toney never got the chance to f!ght those guys? Answer: those guys ducked RJJ just like they ducked Toney. (Except Collins, who I believe his career came to an end right around that time). Either Eubank or Benn wanted $25 million to f!ght Roy. Roy tried to get Nardiello too, but turned down.

3) People say RJJ jumped weight classes solely to duck f!ghters. Rebuttal: If RJJ left 160 to duck f!ghters, why would he take on Toney at 168? Like I said earlier, that's like running away from a robber with a knife into a robber with a gun. If RJJ stayed at 160 after he beat Hop in 1993, then... we'd have to a.ssume that he would have fought the same f!ghters at 160 that Hop did. Which means, his biggest victories would have been against Oscar De La Hoya (who was f!ghting in the Olympics only one year prior to RJJ/Hop I as a lightweight)... and Tito Trinidad who is also not a middleweight.

Or, if he stayed at 168, he would have been ducked by the same f!ghters Toney was ducked by. Or, if there were so many f!ghters at 168.... why didn't Calzaghe f!ght them? The same f!ghters that RJJ supposedly ducked, Toney and Calzaghe must have ducked them as well, right?

At 175, again... the only name I recall that was always being mentioned (not including Tyson), was Dariuz. That was the only 175lb f!ghter that was being mentioned at the time.

Only thing close that I can think of is... when RJJ was negotiating to take on Jirov at cruiser (190lbs at the time). Toney is the one who ruined that potential f!ght from happening. Again, another broken f!ghter that Toney left behind for RJJ. I don't have any inside info on why RJJ/Toney II never happened, nor did I even hear any news as to it possibly being negotiated. Well, at the same time he was negotiating with Jirov, he was also looking at a possible jump to heavy. Which, he did.
 8 years ago '08        #138
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$49,703 | Props total: 12723 12723
When the streams start flowin can someone PM me a stream....Too many n*ggas with the same link = :cop:
 8 years ago '06        #139
philly337 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$30,055 | Props total: 13743 13743
 stogz said:
Pretty much everyone RJJ fought at light heavy, was ranked #1 by an organization for one of the belts he held.... and he held many. That was one of RJJ's problems... he held too many belts and he wanted to keep all of them. So he had to f!ght mandatories.

My fave was when Hop was talking sh*t about RJJ f!ghting nobodies after he himself just finished f!ghting Morrade Hakkar. Look up that f!ght if you don't remember it. That is the single worst f!ght I've ever seen in pro boxing.


Philly, anytime cats want to use the excuse of RJJ ducking people, this is what you gotta bring up.

1) The reason RJJ didn't get to f!ght any good f!ghters at middleweight (after he split from his father), outside of Hopkins is, Toney retired the entire division. Toney left a trail of broken f!ghters.

2) At super middleweight, people kinda like to say RJJ ducked the euro f!ghters Eubank, Benn, Collins. Well, we all believe Toney never ducked anyone ever, right? So how come Toney never got the chance to f!ght those guys? Answer: those guys ducked RJJ just like they ducked Toney. (Except Collins, who I believe his career came to an end right around that time). Either Eubank or Benn wanted $25 million to f!ght Roy. Roy tried to get Nardiello too, but turned down.

3) People say RJJ jumped weight classes solely to duck f!ghters. Rebuttal: If RJJ left 160 to duck f!ghters, why would he take on Toney at 168? Like I said earlier, that's like running away from a robber with a knife into a robber with a gun. If RJJ stayed at 160 after he beat Hop in 1993, then... we'd have to a.ssume that he would have fought the same f!ghters at 160 that Hop did. Which means, his biggest victories would have been against Oscar De La Hoya (who was f!ghting in the Olympics only one year prior to RJJ/Hop I as a lightweight)... and Tito Trinidad who is also not a middleweight.

Or, if he stayed at 168, he would have been ducked by the same f!ghters Toney was ducked by. Or, if there were so many f!ghters at 168.... why didn't Calzaghe f!ght them? The same f!ghters that RJJ supposedly ducked, Toney and Calzaghe must have ducked them as well, right?

At 175, again... the only name I recall that was always being mentioned (not including Tyson), was Dariuz. That was the only 175lb f!ghter that was being mentioned at the time.

Only thing close that I can think of is... when RJJ was negotiating to take on Jirov at cruiser (190lbs at the time). Toney is the one who ruined that potential f!ght from happening. Again, another broken f!ghter that Toney left behind for RJJ. I don't have any inside info on why RJJ/Toney II never happened, nor did I even hear any news as to it possibly being negotiated. Well, at the same time he was negotiating with Jirov, he was also looking at a possible jump to heavy. Which, he did.
oh trust me i know lol..was waitin on somebody to asnwer so i could put the ether in here.He never ducked any f!ghter.Only guys who can be mentioned was hopkins who ducked roy,euro f!ghters who wouldn't come to the us,and mclellan who had a tragic early exit

roy actually offered benn a f!ght if memory serves correct that he turned down (was 7 figures) and eubank said he didn't wanna f!ght jones.Jirov..come on that woulda been easy pickin for roy,darius and calzaghe wouldn't come to america and cal was at a lower weight class,and my memory isn't too good on the collins f!ght but fact remains roy didn't drop belts.U can't keep ur belts by f!ghting bums..u gotta f!ght ur mandatory which roy did time after time but gets criticized for it
 8 years ago '07        #140
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$42,718 | Props total: 37854 37854
 philly337 said:
oh trust me i know lol..was waitin on somebody to asnwer so i could put the ether in here.He never ducked any f!ghter.Only guys who can be mentioned was hopkins who ducked roy,euro f!ghters who wouldn't come to the us,and mclellan who had a tragic early exit

roy actually offered benn a f!ght if memory serves correct that he turned down (was 7 figures) and eubank said he didn't wanna f!ght jones.Jirov..come on that woulda been easy pickin for roy,darius and calzaghe wouldn't come to america and cal was at a lower weight class,and my memory isn't too good on the collins f!ght but fact remains roy didn't drop belts.U can't keep ur belts by f!ghting bums..u gotta f!ght ur mandatory which roy did time after time but gets criticized for it

Yea, for me Eubank and Benn are attached at the hip, and my memory can never seem to differentiate history between the two. So I always say 'it was either Eubank or Benn that was supposed to...'.

Okay, so if you are saying it was Benn that turned down the f!ght, we'll go with that. Benn turned down the huge money RJJ was offering and his counter was that he wanted $25 million. Which, obviously... was just outright insane and it's clear Benn didn't want the f!ght. Which is fine because, Benn wasn't young at that time anyway. He was past it.

Steve Collins, that was sketchy. He was supposed to f!ght Calzaghe. Then he withdrew from the f!ght AND retired.. Cal took on Eubank as a replacement on 2 weeks notice for Eubank. Then RJJ apparently offered Collins a f!ght. Collins accepted and came out of retirement... but then, somehow, he was forced to f!ght Calzaghe first. During training for Calzaghe, he collapsed... and due to that, he was forced to retire. Sorry for the quickness of this version. Between Ireland's press, U.K. media, and american media... the story is kinda all over the place. Plus i gotta take off, lol.


Last edited by stogz; 04-03-2010 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: mistake: meant to say Benn WASN'T young
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 39
How was your life when this song dropped?
82 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 35
Image(s) inside Kaylin Garcia
41 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 25
NBA Breaking: Kansas City a lock for an NBA expansion team.
106 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 20
NBA The narrative that Lebron's team is trash has begun. Again. (I've lost cou..
111 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside Now That's A Real A$$!...
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside Look im not into BBWs but dayum now i might if they look like her!
48 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Thanos Or Darkseid
139 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 10
NBA LD Luka Doncic Wins Euroleague MVP... @ 19yo He Becomes The Youngest MVP ..
68 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy