Roy Jones Jr. vs Bernard Hopkins[4-3-2010][HBO-PPV]

most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
95 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winner
Bhop by KO 14 41.18%
Bhop by Dec 9 26.47%
Draw 1 2.94%
RJJR by KO 1 2.94%
RJJR by Dec 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #81
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Sugar Ray Leonard featured on broadcast team for Hopkins /Jones II

[pic - click to view]

LAS VEGAS, March 31 - Boxing superstar and legend, Sugar Ray Leonard, a man who knows better than most what it's like to compete in a super f!ghts and legendary rematches, will join an elite team of announcers at ringside and help call the action for the pay-per-view telecast of "The Rivals: Hopkins vs. Jones II" Saturday night at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas..

Leonard, a boxing Hall of Famer who will always be remembered for his classic battles against Roberto "Mano de Piedra" Duran, Thomas "Hitman" Hearns, Marvin "Marvelous" Hagler and Wilfred "El Radar" Benitez, and rematches with Duran and Hearns, will provide color commentary for the broadcast, along with blow by blow announcer Joe Tessitore and color commentator Doug Fischer forwhat promises to be one of the most intriguing boxing events of 2010.

Also at the announcers' table on Saturday night will be Mario Solis, who will handle blow by blow commentary on the Spanish-language simulcast along with color commentator and former world title challenger Jose "Shibata" Flores, while "The Colonel" Bob Sheridan will handle blow by blow duties with Dave Bontempo adding the color call international viewers.

"The Rivals: Hopkins vs. Jones II," set for Saturday, April 3 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nev., is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions and Square Ring Promotions and sponsored by Cerveza Tecate, AT&T and Southwest Airlines. The event will be broadcast live on pay-per-view beginning at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT.

Tickets priced at $750, $500, $300, $200 and $100 are on sale now at all Las Vegas Ticketmaster locations (select Smith's Food and Drug Centers and Ritmo Latino). Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets also will be available for purchase at or .

The Hopkins vs. Jones II pay-per-view telecast begins at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT and has a suggested retail price of $49.95. The telecast will be available in HD-TV for those viewers who can receive HD. The main event is scheduled to begin live immediately following the college basketball semi-finals. For Hopkins vs. Jones II f!ght week updates, log on to .
Article posted on 01.04.2010
 8 years ago '06        #82
space
space
Bernard Hopkins-Roy Jones Rematch: f!ght Odds, Notes

By Ryan Burton

At the Bernard Hopkins vs. Roy Jones Jr. final press conference in Las Vegas, it was announced that Hopkins was a -500 prohibitive favorite. The take back on Jones was +350.

For a f!ght rumored to be hurting at the box office, there was a lively "standing room only" crowd of fans at the Mizuya Bar at Mandalay Bay. How many of those fans are actually buying tickets is the key question. There would have been more fans present, but many of them left before the press conference actually started. You would think the two f!ghters in their forties, would not have arrived more than forty minutes late between the two of them.

It was also announced Sugar Ray Leonard will be commentating on the pay-per-view
telecast. HBO is only handling the distribution of the pay-per-view. Golden Boy is handling the production side of things, which includes their own announce team.
 8 years ago '06        #83
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,530 | Props total: 6765 6765
this wack s**t shoudlve taken place 10 years ago
 03-31-2010, 05:07 PM         #84
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hop by k.o
 03-31-2010, 05:45 PM         #85
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
Your young, but you alright with me... you are a true boxing fan, i respect that.
  1. RJJ didn't lose to Cal because of a cut. He lost because he is shot. He has no lateral movent anymore and he sees the punches coming but a full second too late. He is basically a sitting duck. Not only that, bet, he has no punch resistance anymore.
  2. The reason he lost to Danny Green, see #1

...and this isn't new.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '06        #86
space
space
"I f!ght for a living, so if I gotta die f!ghtin' then that's the best way for me to go."
- Roy Jones Jr.
 03-31-2010, 07:48 PM         #87
shark23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
roy got something to prove so watch out!
 8 years ago '06        #88
space
space

"bhop: im not worried about speed
RJ: im faster than a mothaf**ka
bhop: ima neutralize it
bhop: ur done"

:agreement6:
 8 years ago '06        #89
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

17 years.

A combined 71 f!ghts between them since they last faced each other.

Both have made their mark in the history books as they have been considered two of the greatest f!ghters of our era. For years f!ght fans have yearned for the rematch to take place. On April 3, Roy Jones Jr (54-6, 40 KOs) and Bernard Hopkins (50-5-2 1NC, 35 KOs) will finally settle their differences inside the ring at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

On Wednesday, a final press conference took place before the two step into the ring. One thing is for sure, the bad blood is still there.

Things certainly have changed since Jones Jr. defeated Hopkins by unanimous decision in 1993. After defeating Hopkins, Jones went on to become the f!ghter of the decade in the 1990’s. But at 41-years-old he has seen his skills diminish. Since squeaking by Antonio Tarver in 2003, Jones has lost five of his last ten f!ghts – three of them by brutal knockout. Regardless, Jones still thinks he has the number of “The Executioner.”

"I guess he is what they call my 'rival.' I don't like it, but it is what it is,” Jones said at the final presser. “Saturday I am going to clear that up.”

Jones is entering this f!ght a massive underdog. A man of little words during the conference, Jones was quick to note that he is ready and is looking to make it 1993 all over again.

"This is going to be vintage Roy Jones,” he proclaimed. “I feel the best I have felt in a long time. In past f!ghts I have felt like I over trained. This f!ght, I feel just right.”

Hopkins has been salivating for the opportunity to avenge his loss to RJJ. After the loss, Hopkins quietly began to make a name for himself while Jones escalated to stardom. A record 20 title defenses at Middleweight couldn’t get him a rematch with Jones. Whipping the likes of Felix Trinidad, Oscar De La Hoya, Winky Wright, Kelly Pavlik and Antonio Tarver couldn’t get him the f!ght he longed for. At 45-years-old, looking better than ever, he finally gets his chance.

"It's personal,” Hopkins said. “It's definitely personal. I'm in the f!ght business which is the hurt business.”

The two have been exchanging barbs for years as the two sides could never agree to terms to get in the ring. While Jones remained silent, Hopkins opted to indulge in more verbal jabs before the real jabs come on Saturday.

"This weekend is a holiday weekend and I want to give Roy a gift that I think he deserves,” Hopkins said as he pulled out a giant stuffed bunny and an Easter basket filled with marshmallow chickens. “He has been running like a rabbit for 17 years and I was looking for a rooster, but all I found was these chickens and he is chicken.”

As Jones smiled and took photos with his “gift,” Hopkins continued to rip into Jones with an understanding that he is indeed the favorite to win the f!ght.

"I don't want to look like a bully on Saturday night,” Hopkins said as Jones continued to pose with his stuffed rabbit. “I want him to bring his 'A Game.'

While it was all fun and games for Jones, Hopkins turned things up a notch.

"I will knock this guy out,” B-Hop rifled off before turning to Jones’ trainer Alton Merkerson for a final message. “It is going to be up to Merkerson whether he lives or dies.”

It is safe to say that on April 3rd two bitter rivals will finally settle their 17-year score and neither will feel bad doing whatever it takes to destroy their opponent.

FINAL PRESSER

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 04-01-2010 at 03:07 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #90
RuggedSouljah 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,516 | Props total: 37 37
Bernard kinda backed Roy into a corner for this f!ght. Either way, he takes a loss; if he doesn't f!ght him, B-Hop calls him scared, a coward, etc. etc. If he does f!ght (which he is), he'll most likely lose and Bernard will say it was a long time coming, he's the better f!ghter, and so on. The only reason Roy is f!ghting him now is because he ain't really got nothin' to lose. Both of these guys are two of my favorite f!ghters but B-Hop is wrong to do this now, it ain't fair, but it's all a pride/money thing with him. I think when Roy offered him a rematch and a 60-40, he went and fought Carl Daniels, for less money, 'cause he felt he was being low-balled. He was supposed to f!ght Dawson and Danny Green but same thing, he felt he deserved more. We all know he's a dirty f!ghter, we know he's kinda shady, but I got some respect for B-Hop 'cause he fought to make a name for himself. With that said, you could NEVER front on Roy, his legacy is indelible. And yeah, it's sad to see what he's become, especially since he did it to himself.

B-Hop will probably coast over Roy (although coincidentally, James Toney thinks Roy will win).
 8 years ago '07        #91
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,073 | Props total: 30401 30401
 RuggedSouljah said:
Bernard kinda backed Roy into a corner for this f!ght. Either way, he takes a loss; if he doesn't f!ght him, B-Hop calls him scared, a coward, etc. etc. If he does f!ght (which he is), he'll most likely lose and Bernard will say it was a long time coming, he's the better f!ghter, and so on. The only reason Roy is f!ghting him now is because he ain't really got nothin' to lose. Both of these guys are two of my favorite f!ghters but B-Hop is wrong to do this now, it ain't fair, but it's all a pride/money thing with him. I think when Roy offered him a rematch and a 60-40, he went and fought Carl Daniels, for less money, 'cause he felt he was being low-balled. He was supposed to f!ght Dawson and Danny Green but same thing, he felt he deserved more. We all know he's a dirty f!ghter, we know he's kinda shady, but I got some respect for B-Hop 'cause he fought to make a name for himself. With that said, you could NEVER front on Roy, his legacy is indelible. And yeah, it's sad to see what he's become, especially since he did it to himself.

B-Hop will probably coast over Roy (although coincidentally, James Toney thinks Roy will win).
I don't even think Hop back RJJ into a corner. Hop backed his own self into a corner. If you rememeber, there was initial talk of these 2 f!ghting right before RJJ signed on to f!ght Green. Maybe a week or 2 prior to RJJ/Green being a done deal. Then, after RJJ signs on for Green, all-of-a-sudden Hop wants the RJJ f!ght.

So then, an agreement is made for RJJ/Hop to f!ght PROVIDED RJJ BEAT DANNY GREEN. RJJ loses and then Hop realized, really realized that he is not a draw and he has absolutely no options. If $3 million (or was it $4 milli) isn't enough to f!ght Green, and Dawson is offering less than that... where is Hop to turn? While RJJ was coming off a $4 million payday... Hop came off of a f!ght with Ornelas?

It's kinda funny how he was saying RJJ needed to beat Green and win the cruiserweight title for a f!ght with RJJ to be attractive to him... then RJJ gets sparked inside 2 minutes, and the f!ght with RJJ all-of-a-sudden looks MORE attractive to Hop.
 8 years ago '07        #92
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
Wtf??!

I didn't even realize that there were 2 different threads on this.
 8 years ago '04        #93
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 1345 1345
^^ lol yea i noticed that too.

ONE MORE DAY!

Already got the PPV ordered on all the flatscreens in the crib.
 8 years ago '06        #94
space
space
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5048176
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5048092
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5047983
 8 years ago '04        #95
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 1345 1345
Fishscale, you are the man.
 8 years ago '08        #96
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,731 | Props total: 11627 11627
I picked Roy in the poll because thats what my heart wants but my brain knows Bernard is gonna win the f!ght
 8 years ago '04        #97
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,340 | Props total: 2763 2763
People are actually waiting for this f!ght....LMAO

Man this f!ght should've happen when both were in their prime.

Now Roy is completely shot to s**t. He got completely destroyed by Green in 2 rounds, and lost an got his a.ss beat by calzaghe. I really refuse to watch Hopkin getting a cheap win against Roy. We all know Prime for prime roy would destroy Hopkins and now roy is shot as hell. I refused to watch this f!ght especially the how s**tty roy look in his f!ght.
 8 years ago '06        #98
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
this f!ght happened 10 years too late... f**k these old a.ss bums.
 8 years ago '07        #99
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said:
People are actually waiting for this f!ght....LMAO

Man this f!ght should've happen when both were in their prime.

Now Roy is completely shot to s**t. He got completely destroyed by Green in 2 rounds, and lost an got his a.ss beat by calzaghe. I really refuse to watch Hopkin getting a cheap win against Roy. We all know Prime for prime roy would destroy Hopkins and now roy is shot as hell. I refused to watch this f!ght especially the how s**tty roy look in his f!ght.

No no, not '2 rounds'.... TWO MINUTES!!! 122 seconds!

Not that I care but,

Jones, rumored to be struggling with weight, weighs in at 175.5 and doesn't look dried out. He'll have to lose that half pound.

^^^ from the weigh-in
 8 years ago '06        #100
space
space
 Grisly said:
Fishscale, you are the man.
thank u sir
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
81 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
41 comments
19 hours ago