Roy Jones Jr. vs Bernard Hopkins[4-3-2010][HBO-PPV]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
154 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winner
Bhop by KO 14 41.18%
Bhop by Dec 9 26.47%
Draw 1 2.94%
RJJR by KO 1 2.94%
RJJR by Dec 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #621
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
 stogz said:
Hey fishscale, is it you or ronnie that takes the thread out of the boxing thread, put it in the main sports section, then put it back again.

That is some good work.
thnx, yea now that im a semi in the pro boxing i can move threads into the main sports section (for more views/replies) and ask a mod to move it back here (when the f!ght is over) so the thread doesnt get lost and the discussions continue

PS: can some1 fill me in on the argument(s) here
 8 years ago '07        #622
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,073 | Props total: 30397 30397
 triznathaniel said:
Nah, I'm not basing my opinion on UFC solely. I'm speaking on the sport as a whole... yes there are bad f!ghters who get TV time, but, as I said, none of them will ever come close to being stars in the sport, much less reach the stature that Hopkins has. Guys like Herschel Walker and Kimbo Slice will never achieve anything in MMA, but they do attract a new audience, and so while they will never amount to much, they are good for the sport. And with Brock, again, it's all about viewership, and Brock's name has pull with pro wrestling fans. Brock Lesnar didn't have the experience, but he was definitely ready for a title shot... I mean, he does have the belt, right? Whether he holds onto it for long is another story, but he will not be babied or fed bums as long as he holds the title. I personally think that the HW division is not the most competitive in the UFC anyway, but it is what it is... I don't think Brock would have risen so quickly in StrikeForce, where the competition is more fierce, but he isn't in StrikeForce.

As far as Anderson Silva's opponents... yeah, he's been in there with a couple 'bums' recently like James Irvin or Patrick Cote... but they were next in line... the whole division isn't on the same level... and Vitor Belfort was next in line, and that would have been an excellent f!ght... hey, I'd like to see Silva defend against great f!ghters like Wanderlai or Akiyama, but that ain't the way the sport works all the time... I realize this flies in the face of the logic behind Brock's rise, but I never said the sport was perfect... only more well designed in terms of seeing the best rise to the highest of heights... beyond all that, you are only considering UFC talent here... there is plenty of talent out there elsewhere

In boxing, there are tactics like holding, lowering the shoulder, headbutting in the clinch, that are illegal but can be utilized if you are good at being aware of the ref's position etc... this is often described as 'crafty veteran' tactics even though it is clearly not in the spirit of the competition... they make it damn near impossible to do this in MMA... that is just a byproduct of the way the game is played...

Damn, who peed in your coffee, k!ller? All you've done throughout this thread is put words in my mouth and all I've done is explain myself, trying to set you straight, and without resorting to insults...

I never heard anyone praise a f!ghter for f!ghting dirty, but Hopkins wins f!ghts that way, and although broadcasters and experts don't really give him praise for it, they do mention that he is a wily veteran... and at the end of the day, it's all about W-L, and that is how his greatness is measured... greatness that is built on cheating that is almost impossible to prevent, essentially. Again, this is coming from a guy who loved watching f!ghts from his youth... it is a flaw in the sport... I know you agree deep down.

Fair enough. I agree with you here.

Yeah, I was painting in broad strokes, but again, who starts with the details? Maybe what I really want is a change in how boxing is refereed or scored or judged... I'm not sure what the answer is because, as I said, I am what you would call more of a casual fan at this point. Since you're more of a hardcore fan with an educated opinion to offer, maybe try offering it to a guy who isn't trying to pick a f!ght... but don't tell me not to paint in broad strokes when you're s**tting on an entire generation of f!ghters that you admit you're not very familiar with.

Look, Hopkins is where he is at because he's been here a long a.ss time. He didn't get high profile shots at Tito, Oscar, Pavlik, Tarver, etc, right away. Brock Lesnar, Kimbo, Walker, these guys got high profile matches immediately simply because they accumulated fame some place else. The real athlete's of the sport who have been putting in work for years should be appalled.

How exactly can you say I based my entire opinion on UFC, when I was the one that mentioned the other organizations in my argument? I actually like the lower profile organizations as a whole better than UFC. However, my fave f!ghters are Silva and St. Pierre... due to the fact that I can find their f!ghts easily.

Many boxers in the history of the sport have found ways to use dirty tactics. People like me condemn such tactics. The vast majority of all boxers don't use such tactics. So to insinuate that there is a problem with the sport of boxing (or it's 'competitive spirit) due to the fact that you just seen one high profile boxer use such tactics recently, is retarded.

Like I said, i used what you said initially word-for-word. So, if you don't want to be misunderstood, then... you should read what you write before posting it. You can't say stupid sh*t like 'Yeah, I was painting in broad strokes, but again, who starts with the details'? Then say people are putting words into your mouth.

Sh*tting on an entire generation? Look, earlier you said that this generation was better than the previous. Back then, I said those guys were bums and brawlers. So was I sh*tting on the first generation as well? Or was I just calling it like I see it? This generation is better, but they still not there yet. The theory behind mma isn't about a bunch of f!ghters who have one strong discipline and are weak in all the others. These guys are supposed to be pretty good in many disciplines. Not very many guys out right now are like that. So yea, this generations f!ghters are not that good.

15 years ago, if I would said that the f!ghters in mma sucked, you would said that I was sh*tting on the genre, and that it's unfair. However, today... I would said 'I told you so'. So, get at me in 10-15 years so I can tell you 'I told you so'.
 8 years ago '07        #623
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Fishscale said:

PS: can some1 fill me in on the argument(s) here
 triznathaniel said:
this f!ght is a perfect example of why overall, mma > boxing
Just another mma fan comparing boxing to mma... then, saying they don't understand where the boxing vs. mma argument came from. Claiming that people are putting words into their mouthes. You know, the usual moronic sh*t that some stray mma fans go into a boxing thread talking.
 8 years ago '06        #624
space
space
well in that case...

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 04-04-2010 at 08:02 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #625
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,988 | Props total: 10659 10659
didn't read this thread because for osme reason there is some mma f*gs in here posting essays.Anyway some thoughts on the f!ght

1.I hope roy retires.....he is beyond shot but still has the skill to beat people if he'd just let his hands go but he will not

2.The figh went how i figured...jones being pushed on the ropes (atleast he tied up this f!ght though) and not punching

3.This f!ght further proves to me roy would have demolished bhop in their prime.We have heard for years how bhop has gotten so much better but he fought this f!ght almost identical to how he fought the first f!ght against roy..difference was roy is shot and would not let his hands fly.Roy won an easy decision with one hand in their first f!ght..if they fought in their prime roy would dismantled him

4.Just like against calzaghe and tarver if even though roy is slower,has worse reflexes,goes to the ropes,lets guys hit on him,has no legs,and gets tired easy...if he just let his hands go he still could have beat all of these f!ghters.

5.I lost "A LOT" of respect for bhop.For one he was faking in on his injuries.To do that s**t to begin with is pathetic but to do it after u intentionally did the s**t to roy like 6 times beforehand is even more pathetic.If u was tryin to get points so be it but after the f!ght to still be holdin ur head and say u seen spots...pus*y move.Just went down on my favorites list a lot
 8 years ago '04        #626
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 1573 1573
again with this?
 8 years ago '07        #627
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 philly337 said:

5.I lost "A LOT" of respect for bhop.For one he was faking in on his injuries.To do that s**t to begin with is pathetic but to do it after u intentionally did the s**t to roy like 6 times beforehand is even more pathetic.If u was tryin to get points so be it but after the f!ght to still be holdin ur head and say u seen spots...pus*y move.Just went down on my favorites list a lot
This f!ght was a microcosm of Hop's career. He was hit RJJ low, and was fine with it. He was punching RJJ in the back of the head, and was fine with it. He headbutt RJJ, and it was cool. However, when RJJ paid him back, dude sprawled on the ground for 5 minutes, and then got up and was absolutely appalled at the kind of tactics RJJ would use in a boxing match.

Hop has always been the one avoiding challenges in his career, but when someone doesn't f!ght him... then it's them who is avoiding the challenge. Hopkins has always been pricing himself out of f!ghts, but if someone else says they deserve the money... then it's them who is pricing themselves out of f!ghts. hop says that it is the industry of the sport that is always trying to screw him over... but look at the screw jobs he has witnessed in his time with GBP.

His performance and behaviour only backs up what i have been saying about dude for years. He's a disgrace.
 8 years ago '07        #628
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
Check out tomorrow's radio show at (i am not affliated with them in any way).

I'm probably gonna call in and rip last night's f!ght to shreds, lol. Tomorrow at 6pm pst. Usually the show is on Sundays.
 8 years ago '08        #629
nattidred 16 heat pts16
space
space
$4,380 | Props total: 1 1
 Fishscale said:
well in that case...

That s**t is funny so is this.

[pic - click to view]

Just FYI Igor Vovchanchyn is a legend

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by nattidred; 04-04-2010 at 11:12 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #630
space
space
 nattidred said:
That s**t is funny so is this.

[pic - click to view]

Just FYI Igor Vovchanchyn is a legend

[pic - click to view]

[IMG]
[pic - click to view]

[/IMG]

[IMG]
[pic - click to view]

[/IMG]
 8 years ago '06        #631
space
space
 8 years ago '06        #632
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,988 | Props total: 10659 10659
well bhop didn't want none of toney in their prime...but just like jones i'm sure he woudln't have an issue f!ghting a fat,past his prime,lazy james toney now
 8 years ago '07        #633
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,553 | Props total: 1173 1173
toney makes for a good interview

he let it all out

8 years ago '07        #634
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 philly337 said:
well bhop didn't want none of toney in their prime...but just like jones i'm sure he woudln't have an issue f!ghting a fat,past his prime,lazy james toney now

Well, actually... he did have a problem with it. Remember? The last time they talked about the match, Hopkins wanted Toney to come down to 185.
 8 years ago '07        #635
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Fishscale said:

That's what he do! His mother must've had s3x with a goat. He always running in head first like a baby ram...

Bernard needs to go out there and k!ll himself

I love Toney yo! Dude is worse than I am.
 8 years ago '06        #636
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
 triznathaniel said:

let's not turn this into a FNR4 thread

FearOfGod84 got put to sleep in a non-WCM f!ght and now refuses to f!ght me, WCM or otherwise, making up excuses and predicting outcomes to a f!ght that he will never accept

only reason he won the first f!ght was off of dirty tactics in the first place... and since the update where you cant foul while dazed, he refuses to accept a rematch... i accept the L, but the fact is that the matchup stands at 1-1... and he doesn't want a deciding f!ght because he knows he already lost

StudiosConnect' said:
You were done with boxing when HandsofGod put his hands on you fam.... give it a rest go mma
where u at triz I want your head next

Last edited by StudiosConnect'; 05-25-2010 at 07:36 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #637
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,829 | Props total: 1329 1329
 StudiosConnect' said:
where u at triz I want your head next

pause...

i'm here b, ur the one that's been making excuses... let's do it
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy