Roy Jones Jr. vs Bernard Hopkins[4-3-2010][HBO-PPV]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
166 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
47 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winner
Bhop by KO 14 41.18%
Bhop by Dec 9 26.47%
Draw 1 2.94%
RJJR by KO 1 2.94%
RJJR by Dec 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #581
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
 Majic_One said:
How did they arrange for dude from C&C music factory 2 do the post f!ght interview?

hilarious.
 8 years ago '06        #582
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
david haye would rip him a new one
 8 years ago '05        #583
jumpman441 
space
space
$538 | Props total: 9 9
hopkins faked through the whole f!ght
 8 years ago '04        #584
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,090 | Props total: 614 614
this was a disgrace roy jones beat dat ni99a azz.....
 8 years ago '04        #585
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
bhop would take david haye.
 8 years ago '08        #586
nattidred 16 heat pts16
space
space
$4,380 | Props total: 1 1
 creep said:
bhop would take david haye.
2nd joke of the night keep em coming
 8 years ago '08        #587
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,845 | Props total: 1341 1341
i grew up a boxing fan, and i always loved watching roy jones f!ght and loved to hate b-hop... and so it pains me to say this... but this f!ght is a perfect example of why overall, mma > boxing

yeah i know they are two different sports... some would say they are the opposite of each other... but at the end of the day, they are both bloodsports, combat sports... and more importantly, the spirit of both sports is supposed to be the same (do your best to knock the other guy out/end the f!ght)...

in mma, 9 times out of 10 if a f!ghter puts up a sub-par performance, he will apologize to the fans or generally express a sense of shame and humility after the f!ght... in boxing, these fools shrug their shoulders, collect their millions, and keep it moving... seriously, i understand that the dirty tactics adds up to a winning strategy, but if this is what winning is all about, then i'm just about done with boxing...
 8 years ago '06        #588
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
seriously david haye power, youth , ect makes him vs hopkins a great f!ght

The fact Hopkins can actually be ko'd off that alone... but who knows Hopkins could outclass him boxing ect toss up... Bring it to England huge crowd
 8 years ago '06        #589
space
space
 triznathaniel said:
but if this is what winning is all about, then i'm just about done with boxing...
You were done with boxing when HandsofGod put his hands on you fam.... give it a rest go mma
 8 years ago '07        #590
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30471 30471
 StudiosConnect' said:
seriously david haye power, youth , ect makes him vs hopkins a great f!ght

The fact Hopkins can actually be ko'd off that alone... but who knows Hopkins could outclass him boxing ect toss up... Bring it to England huge crowd

I'm sure Hopkins would find a way to get Haye DQ'd.
 8 years ago '06        #591
Bedlam 
space
space
$4,630 | Props total: 1 1
 triznathaniel said:
i grew up a boxing fan, and i always loved watching roy jones f!ght and loved to hate b-hop... and so it pains me to say this... but this f!ght is a perfect example of why overall, mma > boxing

yeah i know they are two different sports... some would say they are the opposite of each other... but at the end of the day, they are both bloodsports, combat sports... and more importantly, the spirit of both sports is supposed to be the same (do your best to knock the other guy out/end the f!ght)...

in mma, 9 times out of 10 if a f!ghter puts up a sub-par performance, he will apologize to the fans or generally express a sense of shame and humility after the f!ght... in boxing, these fools shrug their shoulders, collect their millions, and keep it moving... seriously, i understand that the dirty tactics adds up to a winning strategy, but if this is what winning is all about, then i'm just about done with boxing...
This was just a bad f!ght. MMA has plenty of those as well... Like Couture vs Vera last year... s**t was disgusting. Not to mention MMA has too many guys who are satisfied with laying on top of someone for 3 or 5 rounds just to get a win on the scorecards.
 8 years ago '08        #592
nattidred 16 heat pts16
space
space
 stogz said:
that's the only way he could win. I'll give it to B-hop on the wily veteran tricks but if they really box it's the end of a great career
 8 years ago '06        #593
space
space
 stogz said:
But when have you seen Haye lose his cool?

IMO Hopkins rich, and has a job for life with golden boy (yet what exactly does he get paid for hyping post f!ght interviews?)

Haye is a risk atleast... Chad Dawson same way... for whatever reason he want's another FINAL Payday and put his body on the line... If a guy keeps winning I won't stop watching but if Haye has to f!ght Vav... and Hopkins declines Chad Dawson he should STOP.
 8 years ago '08        #594
space
space
 StudiosConnect' said:
You were done with boxing when HandsofGod put his hands on you fam.... give it a rest go mma

let's not turn this into a FNR4 thread

FearOfGod84 got put to sleep in a non-WCM f!ght and now refuses to f!ght me, WCM or otherwise, making up excuses and predicting outcomes to a f!ght that he will never accept

only reason he won the first f!ght was off of dirty tactics in the first place... and since the update where you cant foul while dazed, he refuses to accept a rematch... i accept the L, but the fact is that the matchup stands at 1-1... and he doesn't want a deciding f!ght because he knows he already lost
 8 years ago '07        #595
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 triznathaniel said:
this f!ght is a perfect example of why overall, mma > boxing
Really?

This f!ght?

This is the f!ght you pick to define the entire sport of boxing... including it's present AND future?

This f!ght?

A f!ght between a 45 year old and a 41 year old, in a f!ght no one was asking for? This is the f!ght that defines boxing?

Well then, your I.Q. is what I will use to paint all mma fans as morons. You are a perfect example as to why grown folk and people with overall common sense don't respect mma fans.
 8 years ago '07        #596
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 StudiosConnect' said:
But when have you seen Haye lose his cool?

I mean, unless the f!ght is in England. Rabbit punches are allowed in England. Well, if you are f!ghting in England, and you are from England... rabbit punching is allowed. If you are f!ghting in England but are not from there, it's not allowed.

True story! I read the English Boxing Commission's rule book.
 8 years ago '06        #597
Bedlam 
space
space
$4,630 | Props total: 1 1
 stogz said:
Well then, your I.Q. is what I will use to paint all mma fans as morons. You are a perfect example as to why grown folk and people with overall common sense don't respect mma fans.
You just did the same thing dude... You picked a dumb comment and used that to generalize an entire fan base, exactly like he picked a dumb f!ght to generalize a sport. Cut that s**t out...
 8 years ago '08        #598
nattidred 16 heat pts16
space
space
 stogz said:
Really?

This f!ght?

This is the f!ght you pick to define the entire sport of boxing... including it's present AND future?

This f!ght?

A f!ght between a 45 year old and a 41 year old, in a f!ght no one was asking for? This is the f!ght that defines boxing?

I was gonna respond to him then I realized it's just a waste of time. I'm an MMA fan prolly more than he is and a boxing fan but you will never hear me say those things, boxing and mma are 2 different sports and they are both here to stay so get used to those kinds of comments people.
 8 years ago '08        #599
space
space
 stogz said:
Really?

This f!ght?

This f!ght?

nah man... i wasn't trying to say this f!ght is what all f!ghts are like... but for a f!ght that could have and should have had the kind of hype that comes with two legends competing, regardless of where they are in their careers, it was very disappointing to see it degenerate to the point that it did... and i'm not an expert on mma, but i can't think of a f!ght that happened under similar circumstances that ended up this way

i didn't expect history to be written, but i did want to see a good f!ght happen... and it was marred by tactics that many would describe as 'cunning' or that of a veteran... and you just don't see that with mma... yeah, you get bad f!ghts, horrible unwatchable f!ghts sometimes... but to me, the spirit of an mma f!ght has yet to be tarnished to this degree

i apologize if i came off as though this f!ght was the end all or anything like that
 8 years ago '07        #600
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Bedlam said:
You just did the same thing dude... You picked a dumb comment and used that to generalize an entire fan base, exactly like he picked a dumb f!ght to generalize a sport. Cut that s**t out...
Are you serious?

Wow man! I didn't even realize that. Now that you mention it, that is what I did. Geez Good thing you were here to point that out for me.

Thanks.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
101 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
45 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy