Roy Jones Jr. vs Bernard Hopkins[4-3-2010][HBO-PPV]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
95 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
160 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winner
Bhop by KO 14 41.18%
Bhop by Dec 9 26.47%
Draw 1 2.94%
RJJR by KO 1 2.94%
RJJR by Dec 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #41
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
 8 years ago '06        #42
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
Hope Bhop knocks him out literally..... (temporary)
 8 years ago '06        #43
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,988 | Props total: 10659 10659
hope this f!ght gets cancelled somehow
 8 years ago '06        #45
space
space

[video - click to view]

thats pretty f**kin harsh

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 02-21-2010 at 02:59 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #46
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,073 | Props total: 30399 30399
RJJ is totally right! Fact of the matter is, it's Hop who FINALLY accepted this f!ght.

Hop is a p*ssy and a hypocrite. I was watching him on ESPN FNF couple nights ago... and he was talking about how Dawson is not ready, and how dude should go and build up his name and then maybe he'll f!ght him later on. However, that was the same sh*t that RJJ told him in regards to a premature rematch. RJJ told Hop that no one wanted to see the Great RJJ beat up on you a second time so easy. Hop hated that back then... and then went and said the same sh*t to Dason.

Smh...

Then when Hop did finally get his name up... dude turned down the f**kin' RJJ rematch (again... that was the 2nd of three times he turned down RJJ).

Now look at this f**got.... trying to get us to care about this b*llsh*t f!ght that he was too uneasy to take. He can't even say anything like "RJJ will be ready this time, or We'll see a rejuvinated RJJ', because we just seen dude get sparked inside of 2 minutes just a couple months ago.
 8 years ago '06        #47
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
man if i can have one boxing win for the year please let roy somehow pull this s**t off

this ain't even right to be goin down in the history books as hopkins gettin a win over jones this late in his career
 8 years ago '07        #48
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 philly337 said:
man if i can have one boxing win for the year please let roy somehow pull this s**t off

this ain't even right to be goin down in the history books as hopkins gettin a win over jones this late in his career
Like I said, I have a feeling that some tragic sh*t about to go down with RJJ....

Lemme ask you this though,

Would you rather RJJ get sparked now by Hop, and be forced to retire... and live somewhat of a normal life,

or

Would you rather him beat Hop, and think that he still has what it takes to be a top f!ghter... then get absolutely abused in his next f!ght?

Lose/Lose as far as I'm concerned. RJJ needs to be saved from himself and the people/organizations that are supposed to do that... are nowhere to be found.
 8 years ago '06        #49
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
well obviosuly don't wanna see him get hurt.In a dream world i'd like to see him win and retire but we know that won't happen.At the same time he's been gettin knocked out left and right and won't retire

seriosuly doubt he'll let his last f!ght be a loss to hop..he'll still f!ght another against a bum as a goin away f!ght
 8 years ago '07        #50
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
I dunno if he'd get a chance to f!ght a bum after... if he loses badly enough, the medical suspension that I been calling for, might just come into effect... one f!ght too late.
 02-22-2010, 09:07 PM         #51
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i wish roy didnt take this f!ght. hes gonna knock roy out and brag about it forever. i love roy but hate b hop.
 8 years ago '06        #52
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 stogz said:
I dunno if he'd get a chance to f!ght a bum after... if he loses badly enough, the medical suspension that I been calling for, might just come into effect... one f!ght too late.
na they won't do that....if they let many others (meldrick taylor comes to mind) continue to f!ght roy who doesn't show any sighs as of yet will be able to f!ght somewhere
 8 years ago '07        #53
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 philly337 said:
na they won't do that....if they let many others (meldrick taylor comes to mind) continue to f!ght roy who doesn't show any sighs as of yet will be able to f!ght somewhere
I guess... but they did do it to Holyfield for awhile. Can't rememeber how long he was out for, but they did say enough was enough with him. I can see it happening again. If RJJ takes a sustained beating like he did with Calzaghe (or worse), I think commissions will call it a day on his behalf.

sidenote:

WTF does Coach Merck do???! Does he not even watch RJJ f!ght? Where's Big Roy? Do these cats not care?
 8 years ago '06        #54
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
well we all know his dad don't have a say and i think merk is along for the ride.I don't mean he takes advantage of roy i mean that i think when roy broke from his father and got with merk it wasn't like merk made roy.Roy could have got any trainer out there to lace up his gloves and give him water.Think merk prolly hint at him retiring but in the end he does what roy says
 8 years ago '06        #55
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
 stogz said:
RJJ is totally right! Fact of the matter is, it's Hop who FINALLY accepted this f!ght.

Hop is a p*ssy and a hypocrite. I was watching him on ESPN FNF couple nights ago... and he was talking about how Dawson is not ready, and how dude should go and build up his name and then maybe he'll f!ght him later on. However, that was the same sh*t that RJJ told him in regards to a premature rematch. RJJ told Hop that no one wanted to see the Great RJJ beat up on you a second time so easy. Hop hated that back then... and then went and said the same sh*t to Dason.

Smh...

Then when Hop did finally get his name up... dude turned down the f**kin' RJJ rematch (again... that was the 2nd of three times he turned down RJJ).

Now look at this f**got.... trying to get us to care about this b*llsh*t f!ght that he was too uneasy to take. He can't even say anything like "RJJ will be ready this time, or We'll see a rejuvinated RJJ', because we just seen dude get sparked inside of 2 minutes just a couple months ago.
funny how u left off roy demanding to f!ght in the bigggest ring allowed to utalize his speed and f!ght with the biggest gloves alowed hopkins was never even close to being stopped in his life and was a much more polished f!ghter by the time of the initial rematch...hopkins may be a bit crazy but i would highly doubt he was shook of rjj

i'm sure thier is s**t in them negotations, neither of us now 100% about to be honest, but i have enough common sense to realize that it isn't as 1 sided as your making it out to be... plus u obviously hate hopkins

it's not like roy wasn't duck cal for how many years as well.... hopkins didn't have the luxury of having amatuer experience, (his own fault, but non to less) . and hopkins has destroyed numerous common opponents they both fought

hopkins has been the more consistant f!ghter, plain and simple.... longeivity is a huge part of a boxers legacy, and b-hop bout to add on to it a bit more... u can say roy is out of his prime, but hop is in his mid 40's still putting in work
 8 years ago '07        #56
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 ginobili 20 said:
funny how u left off roy demanding to f!ght in the bigggest ring allowed to utalize his speed and f!ght with the biggest gloves alowed hopkins was never even close to being stopped in his life and was a much more polished f!ghter by the time of the initial rematch...hopkins may be a bit crazy but i would highly doubt he was shook of rjj

i'm sure thier is s**t in them negotations, neither of us now 100% about to be honest, but i have enough common sense to realize that it isn't as 1 sided as your making it out to be... plus u obviously hate hopkins

it's not like roy wasn't duck cal for how many years as well.... hopkins didn't have the luxury of having amatuer experience, (his own fault, but non to less) . and hopkins has destroyed numerous common opponents they both fought

hopkins has been the more consistant f!ghter, plain and simple.... longeivity is a huge part of a boxers legacy, and b-hop bout to add on to it a bit more... u can say roy is out of his prime, but hop is in his mid 40's still putting in work

F**k outta here. Talking about the particulars of this f!ght. THIS f!ght SHOULD NOT EVEN HAPPEN!!! That is the particulars! Hop was the only decent f!ghter who was considering taking on RJJ in 1994 (which was the first time they negotiated for a rematch). This was when EVERYONE from U.K. and U.S.A. was turning down RJJ. RJJ wasn't even negotiating his own f!ght back then... HBO was. Roy told HBO that he couldn't get a f!ght and that they (HBO) can put ANYONE in that ring, and he'll f!ght them. All they could get was Bryant Brennen or some dude like that. Mighta been the time he fought Eric Lucas too. Hop told RJJ's people 'NO'. Then when HBO came, he told them 'NO'.

All you need to know about negotiations is that Hop kept turning down RJJ. Turned him down to stay f!ghting nobody at 160. Turned him down later cuz he thought he was worth even more than his career high payday at that point (40%). RJJ got KO'd and he was still willing to f!ght Hop. Hop chose to chase Tarver instead. RJJ then said he'd NEVER f!ght Hopkins... 'NEVER' after that 3rd time Hopkins turned him down. Then RJJ gets KO'd AGAIN... and he's STILL willing to f!ght Hop.... and now, all-of-a-sudden Hop is willing?

Roy never ducked Cal. They never negotiated according to Cal's promoter at the time. Roy paid Calzaghe a compliment, and then people took that compliment as RJJ was ducking. Smh.. if you don't know by now, RJJ says things. Anything that sounds cool, funny, entertaining at the time... he'll say it. I've said that numerous times on this board. However, Hop DID duck Calzaghe.

Don't get this part confused now. Longevity (age) is not a HUGE part of a f!ghter's legacy, i mean in terms of age. Most boxers don't f!ght in they 40s. Beating old, burned-out, passed prime, concussion case RJJ will not add to Hopkins' legacy simply because he is f!ghting in his 40s. If Dawson KO'd RJJ, it wouldn't mean sh*t. Danny Green did it, and it didn't mean sh*t. If Hopkins does it now, after Tarver, after Johnson, after Green... is it supposed to mean something, because Hop is past 40? If Hopkins beats Dawson, Pascal, Diaconu... it's adding to legacy. Beating RJJ now, does not.
 8 years ago '06        #57
space
space
 8 years ago '06        #58
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Bernard Hopkins has predicted he will make Roy Jones Jnr's worst nightmare come true when the two meet in April.

There are scores to be settled between the two, as Hopkins has been chasing a rematch with Jones Jnr ever since losing a points decision for the IBF Middleweight title in 1993.

The pair are firmly in the twilight of their careers, but the f!ght at the Mandalay Bay on April 3 is headline news and Hopkins is champing at the bit to get his chance at revenge.

"I want to make sure that Roy remembers this beating for just as long as I have been waiting 17 years for this," Hopkins said. "I have 12 rounds, 40 plus minutes to make his nightmare come true.

"He can lay his hat on that he beat me before and he is right about that. But that was then. Now he has the opportunity to resurrect his career off of me. That tells you how things change over the years."

Jones Jnr was somewhat dismissive of Hopkins, as he said: "He is a bottom feeder, riding around waiting for somebody to die and think he will get a feed."

8 years ago '06        #59
space
space
Bernard Hopkins Says: "I Want Haye-Ruiz Winner Next"

[pic - click to view]

By Rick Reeno

Bernard Hopkins has confirmed the next move for his career. The final chapter will not take place next Saturday in Las Vegas. Over the course of his long career, the 45-year-old veteran has picked up championships in two divisions. He plans to make one final championship run - at heavyweight. Provided he beats Roy Jones Jr., Hopkins wants to f!ght the winner of David Haye vs. John Ruiz, who clash for the WBA heavyweight title next Saturday in Manchester.

Both Haye and Ruiz are under contract with Golden Boy Promotions, where Hopkins is a partner. He believes the negotiations will be easy regardless of the winner. Haye is the bigger and more marketable f!ght. If the choice was presented, Hopkins would prefer to f!ght Haye for the title. Both of them have to win their f!ghts on April 3.

"I have to come through April 3rd, and John Ruiz doesn't spoil nothing because I've seen John Ruiz pull a rabbit out of his hat a couple of times. Let me tell you, I've seen John Ruiz pull a rabbit out of his hat a couple of times that wasn't good for the next big thing," Hopkins said. "That style he has is real funky. I have my fingers crossed."

"I want to f!ght the winner of that f!ght and they are both under Golden Boy Promotions, [but] John Ruiz is a problem for anybody."

8 years ago '04        #60
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 1573 1573
he prays to God Ruiz pulls off the miracle. Haye would take his life

"a problem for anybody".... except Roy, ay Hopkins?

Last edited by 1MikE; 03-24-2010 at 07:02 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
106 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy