Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winner
Bhop by KO 14 41.18%
Bhop by Dec 9 26.47%
Draw 1 2.94%
RJJR by KO 1 2.94%
RJJR by Dec 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #21
Rileyboy03 
space
space
$1,243 | Props total: 1 1
smh real talk these n*ggaz old as hell... who cares? i would rather see magic and bird play one on one
 12-08-2009, 10:39 PM         #22
BaddNewZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
would have been a big f!ght but the f!ght wouldn't have been much different then the first for real.Hopkins got better from the first time they fought but not THAT MUCH better....roy pitched a shutout
Are you f**king serious?

Not that much has changed?

What world do you live in?

This f!ght would have been another knock on RJJ's legacy, cause he woulda got his a.ss whooped.

And I think this was a hard sell anyway, cause even if RJJ won his f!ght, who would want to see Hopkins beat his a.ss other than Hopkins himself and his fan base? lol. Honestly the only reason Hopkins pushed so hard for this f!ght was to just tarnish Roy's career a bit more. He knew damn well the f!ght wouldn't make super numbers, but it was more about embarrassing Roy. Showing him up and sayin Hey guess what after all this time your a.ss fell off and i'm older than you and i'm still a competitive f!ghter.

That's all this s**t was about anyway.... Hopkins scoring points for his ego... and hurting Roy in the process.

Either way... Hopkins is still a competitive f!ghter... and Roy isn't even close to a shell of his former self.

So take that how you want to.
 8 years ago '04        #23
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 1573 1573
f!ght's back on

Two months after the long-anticipated Roy Jones Jr.-Bernard Hopkins rematch was left for dead following Jones' stunning first-round knockout loss in an interim bout, the f!ght was resurrected on Wednesday -- an early birthday present for the aging stars.

Hopkins, who will be 45 on Friday and still ranks among the best f!ghters in the world pound-for-pound, and Jones, who turns 41 on Saturday, signed contracts to meet in a scheduled 12-round light heavyweight f!ght on pay-per-view, representatives for both f!ghters told ESPN.com on Wednesday night.

The f!ght likely will be April 17 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer, Hopkins' promoter, said.

"We worked very hard to keep this f!ght alive and we got it signed on Wednesday," said John Wirt, the CEO of Square Ring, Jones' promotional company. "We're ecstatic that the f!ght was made and we're looking forward to a great event. There's been a long-standing rivalry between two of the preeminent boxers of our generation. This f!ght will establish once and for all who is the better f!ghter between Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr. This is the f!ght Roy always wanted."

Schaefer said he was in talks with HBO PPV about handling the event, adding that "there are different parties also interested in the f!ght." HBO's spring pay-per-view schedule is unclear with deals still possible for it to carry f!ghts involving Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather.

After numerous failed attempts to make a rematch over the past decade, Jones and Hopkins finally came to terms in September to meet again. However, Jones had already signed for a f!ght on Dec. 2 in Australia against Danny Green.

Jones, who was due $4 million to f!ght Green, didn't want to withdraw from the f!ght, so he faced Green and Hopkins took a tuneup f!ght on the same day in his hometown of Philadelphia. While Hopkins, who ended a 14-month layoff, cruised to a lopsided unanimous decision against Enrique Ornelas, Jones was shockingly knocked out in the first round by Green.

The deal between Hopkins (50-5-1, 32 KOs) and Jones (54-6, 40 KOs) was contingent upon both men winning their December bouts, so when Jones lost, it appeared they would not f!ght, although Hopkins continually mentioned Jones as still being a viable opponent and tried to play up the loss to Green as a quick stoppage.

Hopkins explored a f!ght with Green, but those talks went nowhere, and he had few other notable options. And Jones, who is protesting the loss to Green over a dispute related to the amount of gauze Green used in his hand wraps, still wanted to face Hopkins.

"The interesting thing is the conversations never died down," Schaefer said. "Even after Bernard won and Roy lost, the talks continued and different options were evaluated. But I just felt from talking to Bernard and from the conversations I had with John that they really wanted to f!ght each other.

"I think there is so much at stake for these guys. This is an event they have been waiting for for 17 years. They would not let anything get in the way of getting this f!ght finally done. I believe very strongly that at this point in their careers, after everything they have accomplished, I think this is a well-deserved f!ght for these two guys to finally get it on April 17. Love 'em or hate em, they are two of the most recognized names in the sport of boxing."

In several previous negotiations, Jones and Hopkins had always been hung up on the revenue split. Under the deal they agreed to in September, the split of the money was to be 50-50, but with a knockout provision. If the f!ght was decided by a knockout, the winner would get 60 percent with the loser getting 40 percent.

Although terms of the new deal were not disclosed, Wirt said that Jones agreed to "a modification" of the original deal with Jones' percentage potentially increasing depending on how the pay-per-view performed.

The knockout provision, however, is still in the new deal.

"The only thing I can say about the structure of the deal is that there is still a substantial financial benefit to the guy who wins by knockout," Schaefer said.

Before either man became a star, they met for a vacant middleweight title on May 22, 1993. Jones won a clear unanimous decision and would go on to dominate boxing, reigning as the pound-for-for king for about a decade while winning titles in four weight classes from middleweight to heavyweight.

After Jones left the middleweight division, Hopkins claimed the vacant title and went on to make a division-record 20 defenses, including becoming the undisputed champion in 2001. After Hopkins lost the middleweight title to Jermain Taylor in 2005, he moved up in weight and upset Antonio Tarver to win the light heavyweight championship in 2006.

Even though Jones lost his last f!ght, Schaefer said people would be foolish to write him off.

"Those who write Roy Jones off are making a mistake because he will come in motivated more than ever because this is a personal showdown between these guys," Schaefer said. "They were waiting a long time for this f!ght and here it is. Bernard, at this point in his career, keeps on defying mother time. For Bernard, after all the accomplishments, for him to get up for a f!ght, he also needs that personal motivation, and he will have it against Roy Jones.

"Those two guys, after all the talking and the build up, and the ups and downs and the cheers and disappointments, finally, they are going to meet again. Bernard won't be judging Roy on his last performance. He knows that would be a big mistake. I think they will both come at their best because of how important this is to both of them."

Dan Rafael is ESPN.com's boxing writer.
&
 8 years ago '06        #24
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
ppv?

no
 8 years ago '06        #25
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9

[pic - click to view]

Two months after the long-anticipated Roy Jones Jr.-Bernard Hopkins rematch was left for dead following Jones' stunning first-round knockout loss in an interim bout, the f!ght was resurrected on Wednesday -- an early birthday present for the aging stars.

Hopkins, who will be 45 on Friday and still ranks among the best f!ghters in the world pound-for-pound, and Jones, who turns 41 on Saturday, signed contracts to meet in a scheduled 12-round light heavyweight f!ght on pay-per-view, representatives for both f!ghters told ESPN.com on Wednesday night.

The f!ght likely will be April 17 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer, Hopkins' promoter, said.

"We worked very hard to keep this f!ght alive and we got it signed on Wednesday," said John Wirt, the CEO of Square Ring, Jones' promotional company. "We're ecstatic that the f!ght was made and we're looking forward to a great event. There's been a long-standing rivalry between two of the preeminent boxers of our generation. This f!ght will establish once and for all who is the better f!ghter between Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr. This is the f!ght Roy always wanted."

Schaefer said he was in talks with HBO PPV about handling the event, adding that "there are different parties also interested in the f!ght." HBO's spring pay-per-view schedule is unclear with deals still possible for it to carry f!ghts involving Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather.

After numerous failed attempts to make a rematch over the past decade, Jones and Hopkins finally came to terms in September to meet again. However, Jones had already signed for a f!ght on Dec. 2 in Australia against Danny Green.

Jones, who was due $4 million to f!ght Green, didn't want to withdraw from the f!ght, so he faced Green and Hopkins took a tuneup f!ght on the same day in his hometown of Philadelphia. While Hopkins, who ended a 14-month layoff, cruised to a lopsided unanimous decision against Enrique Ornelas, Jones was shockingly knocked out in the first round by Green.

The deal between Hopkins (50-5-1, 32 KOs) and Jones (54-6, 40 KOs) was contingent upon both men winning their December bouts, so when Jones lost, it appeared they would not f!ght, although Hopkins continually mentioned Jones as still being a viable opponent and tried to play up the loss to Green as a quick stoppage.

Hopkins explored a f!ght with Green, but those talks went nowhere, and he had few other notable options. And Jones, who is protesting the loss to Green over a dispute related to the amount of gauze Green used in his hand wraps, still wanted to face Hopkins.

"The interesting thing is the conversations never died down," Schaefer said. "Even after Bernard won and Roy lost, the talks continued and different options were evaluated. But I just felt from talking to Bernard and from the conversations I had with John that they really wanted to f!ght each other.

"I think there is so much at stake for these guys. This is an event they have been waiting for for 17 years. They would not let anything get in the way of getting this f!ght finally done. I believe very strongly that at this point in their careers, after everything they have accomplished, I think this is a well-deserved f!ght for these two guys to finally get it on April 17. Love 'em or hate em, they are two of the most recognized names in the sport of boxing."

In several previous negotiations, Jones and Hopkins had always been hung up on the revenue split. Under the deal they agreed to in September, the split of the money was to be 50-50, but with a knockout provision. If the f!ght was decided by a knockout, the winner would get 60 percent with the loser getting 40 percent.

Although terms of the new deal were not disclosed, Wirt said that Jones agreed to "a modification" of the original deal with Jones' percentage potentially increasing depending on how the pay-per-view performed.

The knockout provision, however, is still in the new deal.

"The only thing I can say about the structure of the deal is that there is still a substantial financial benefit to the guy who wins by knockout," Schaefer said.

Before either man became a star, they met for a vacant middleweight title on May 22, 1993. Jones won a clear unanimous decision and would go on to dominate boxing, reigning as the pound-for-for king for about a decade while winning titles in four weight classes from middleweight to heavyweight.

After Jones left the middleweight division, Hopkins claimed the vacant title and went on to make a division-record 20 defenses, including becoming the undisputed champion in 2001. After Hopkins lost the middleweight title to Jermain Taylor in 2005, he moved up in weight and upset Antonio Tarver to win the light heavyweight championship in 2006.

Even though Jones lost his last f!ght, Schaefer said people would be foolish to write him off.

"Those who write Roy Jones off are making a mistake because he will come in motivated more than ever because this is a personal showdown between these guys," Schaefer said. "They were waiting a long time for this f!ght and here it is. Bernard, at this point in his career, keeps on defying mother time. For Bernard, after all the accomplishments, for him to get up for a f!ght, he also needs that personal motivation, and he will have it against Roy Jones.

"Those two guys, after all the talking and the build up, and the ups and downs and the cheers and disappointments, finally, they are going to meet again. Bernard won't be judging Roy on his last performance. He knows that would be a big mistake. I think they will both come at their best because of how important this is to both of them."

8 years ago '04        #26
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 1573 1573
^ yea, i didnt just post that lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by 1MikE; 01-14-2010 at 06:00 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #27
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,064 | Props total: 30359 30359
This f!ght is a travesty. Since when do commissions allow a 40-yr old who just got knocked out in 90 seconds... f!ght a top 5 f!ghter????!!!!! How is there no medical suspension?!
 8 years ago '06        #28
space
space
the same commissions that let ruiz get 500 title shots
 8 years ago '07        #29
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Fishscale said:
the same commissions that let ruiz get 500 title shots

Ruiz didn't have that many title shots... Golota had way more undeserved title shots. Ruiz at least won a belt.

I can't be the only one that thing RJJ should be place on medical suspension. Sometimes people (boxers), need to be saved from themselves. For real... which one of y'all really want to see the second coming of Gerald McClellan? I don't want to see that again.
 01-15-2010, 12:04 AM         #30
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im starting to wonder if roy is broke...because this is ridiculous. what is b hop trying prove by f!ghting a washed up roy jones jr
 8 years ago '07        #31
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Does know one else think this f!ght is gonna end up tragically, like the ones above? I am really picking my words carefully cuz I often say stuff that turns out to be eerily right. However, i don't see this f!ght ending well.

The people that are allowing this f!ght to happen need to be arrested. The Commission needs to be disbanded. GBP should have their license revoked. RJJ should be on medical suspension, if not banned from boxing in america all together. Lastly, that p*ssy Hopkins should be ashamed of himself.

I don't even want to go into what prompted me to go in like this again.... but, all the sh*t i'm writing is truth. This f!ght should be boycotted by all fans of boxing.
 8 years ago '06        #32
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,977 | Props total: 10637 10637
 BaddNewZ said:
Are you f**king serious?

Not that much has changed?

What world do you live in?

This f!ght would have been another knock on RJJ's legacy, cause he woulda got his a.ss whooped.

And I think this was a hard sell anyway, cause even if RJJ won his f!ght, who would want to see Hopkins beat his a.ss other than Hopkins himself and his fan base? lol. Honestly the only reason Hopkins pushed so hard for this f!ght was to just tarnish Roy's career a bit more. He knew damn well the f!ght wouldn't make super numbers, but it was more about embarrassing Roy. Showing him up and sayin Hey guess what after all this time your a.ss fell off and i'm older than you and i'm still a competitive f!ghter.

That's all this s**t was about anyway.... Hopkins scoring points for his ego... and hurting Roy in the process.

Either way... Hopkins is still a competitive f!ghter... and Roy isn't even close to a shell of his former self.

So take that how you want to.
what the f**k?Do you not read or what?I was talkin about if they would have fought years ago when they were both in their prime the f!ght wouldn't have been much different then when they fought early in their careers
 8 years ago '06        #33
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,977 | Props total: 10637 10637
 stogz said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Does know one else think this f!ght is gonna end up tragically, like the ones above? I am really picking my words carefully cuz I often say stuff that turns out to be eerily right. However, i don't see this f!ght ending well.

The people that are allowing this f!ght to happen need to be arrested. The Commission needs to be disbanded. GBP should have their license revoked. RJJ should be on medical suspension, if not banned from boxing in america all together. Lastly, that p*ssy Hopkins should be ashamed of himself.

I don't even want to go into what prompted me to go in like this again.... but, all the sh*t i'm writing is truth. This f!ght should be boycotted by all fans of boxing.
ur not the only one..i been feelin this way on every roy f!ght and each one gets worse
 8 years ago '06        #34
space
space
 stogz said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

that would tragic... my fav 2 f!ghters...but yea it is very probable although on the other hand, the gman-benn f!ght was 2 power punchers with amazing chins going at it. this reminds me of that article of when rjjr said he dreamed of calzaghe k!lling him in the ring prior to the f!ght
 8 years ago '06        #35
space
space
Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Jr. Trade Words in NYC

New York City - Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins and Roy "The Terminator" Jones stayed true to their reputations as two of the most outspoken boxers in the history of the sport as they announced The Rivals: Hopkins vs. Jones II, which will take place April 3 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nev. and will be broadcast live on pay-per-view. The debate style format of the press conference was the perfect setting for these two living legends to prove why their nearly two-decade long rivalry is stronger than ever. Below please find a sampling of their bold statements, setting the stage for what will surely be a great night for boxing and a hotly contested f!ght.

BERNARD HOPKINS

"To not watch this f!ght would be a disservice because we will be making history.

"Roy Jones Jr. had nothing to do with my legacy and career up until now, but I will be the final chapter [of his]. We probably would have been here earlier if he would have taken the f!ght when we were debating through the media.

"My statement is simple. This f!ght is very important to me because it is personal. We have 17 plus years of on and off history. I want to show the world that when our legacy is put together and analyzed, this f!ght will be the reason. So to me, not only am I a better f!ghter today, I will prove my legacy on April 3. I have a lot of incentive to win. I have waited 10 plus years to come to this debate.

"Everyone has it in their spirit to get somebody back. Whether it is justified or unjustified. This f!ght is redemption in a lot of ways - to finish him once and for all.

"I can't speak for Roy, but my name is 'The Executioner.' I execute. I am going for his head.

"He (Jones) won that f!ght. I have watched that tape a million times. What Roy has to understand is that I got better. I have a resume to show that I have gotten better. That is the difference between then and now. Come April 3, Roy Jones Jr is going to realize that his worst nightmare has come true.

"It is important to get the knockout. There is a financial incentive. I want to finally close a chapter personally. This is a 17 year rivalry.

"I am going to kick his a.ss."

ROY JONES

"Now, 'Big Head' (Hopkins) has got to get it in his mind. We both went on to do good things in this sport. Mine was great early. His was great late. The facts wont change I am still going to beat him.

"I only hit with one hand last time. I've got two hands now. With two hands, I'm going to beat the hell out of this old man.

"I never have dodged 'Big Head', and I never will. That is why this f!ght is so important to me.

"We are long time rivals. We waited a long time to f!ght again. We went our separate ways. I haven't had a rival as long as I have had 'Big Head' sitting around.

"This is like putting on an old pair of pants that still fit after a bunch of years. They probably look better on me now too.

"Have you ever seen somebody run from somebody who he has already whooped? Does that even make sense? Duh!

"I have been trying to f!ght the bastard for five years. I know Bernard Hopkins. I know him very well. I have never taken anything lightly [and given him reason] to say he hopes I am ready.

"I don't duck and dodge anyone. I was the test he had to pass to get out of high school. He didn't pass that test. Now he wants to retake the test!

"Like I said I am still me. I can care less about how much better he has gotten. My job is to knock him out on April 3 and that is what I am going to do."

The Rivals: Hopkins vs. Jones IIis set for Saturday, April 3 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nev. The event will be broadcast live on pay-per-view beginning at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT.

Tickets priced at $750, $500, $300, $200 and $100 are on sale now at all Las Vegas Ticketmaster locations (select Smith's Food and Drug Centers and Ritmo Latino). Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets also will be available for purchase at or .

The Hopkins vs. Jones II pay-per-view telecast begins at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT and has a suggested retail price of $49.95. The telecast will be available in HD-TV for those viewers who can receive HD. The main event will begin live immediately following the college basketball semi-finals. For Hopkins vs. Jones II f!ght week updates, log on to .
 8 years ago '04        #36
Lavares 19 heat pts19
space
space
$10,387 | Props total: 28 28
sopcast
 02-09-2010, 08:49 PM         #37
donnieb33 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who are you brothers fooling? Two of the greatest of this generation no doubt, but damn the less said about this f!ght the better. Probably end up watching anyways, but a quality undercard would go a long way to make this a respectable PPV.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
42 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
97 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
156 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy