Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
72 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1
11257 pageviews
191 comments

memyselfni 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1 1
Sep 26 - Chicago Teen Attacked, Beaten to death in Melee

[pic - click to view]

Fenger honor student k!lled in mob attack was just 'a kid going home' :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Chicago Crime

The family of Derrion Albert, the 16-year-old fatally beaten Thursday in an after-school mob melee in Roseland, struggled Friday to understand how their honor roll student's life could have ended in such violence.

"Derrion has never been in a f!ght in his life," said Joe Walker, Derrion's grandfather who raised him. "He never raised his voice. Not in 16 years have I had one day of trouble."

Walker broke down several times speaking about his grandson, proudly showing off the awards he received at Christian Fenger Academy High School for excellent attendance and being on the honor roll. Derrion had just started his junior year.

"We were crazy about him," Walker said. "He was the type of grandson everybody wished for."

Monique Bond, Chicago Public Schools spokeswoman, said Derrion "basically was walking along unprovoked, and unbeknownst to him he was about to walk into this conflict. I don't think he even saw them coming."

T-Awannda Piper, a youth worker at the Agape Community Center in the 300 block of West 111th Street, witnessed the brawl. She said the f!ght started with about a dozen high school students, then quickly escalated to about 100, about 3 p.m. Thursday.

"They had sticks; they were f!ghting with their hands; they were taking off their shirts and throwing them on the ground," she said. "I saw [Derrion] get hit twice with a stick."

She said Derrion fell to his knees, then was hit again in the head. He was unconscious but alive when she dragged him into the building with the help of a man driving through a nearby alley who abandoned his truck to a.ssist.

Derrion was pronounced dead at 6:17 p.m. at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, the Cook County medical examiner's office said.

He died of cerebral injuries and blunt head trauma from a.ssault, the medical examiner's office said.

While the family did not believe Derrion was involved with a gang, several people have been victims of gang violence in the far South Side neighborhood over the summer.

On Thursday morning, shots were fired outside Fenger. No one was hit, but a teenager was arrested and the incident was believed to be gang-related, said Officer Jo Ann Taylor, a Chicago Police spokeswoman.

Taylor said police are investigating any role gangs might have played in Thursday's fatal melee.

Bond said the school district was told there is possibly a conflict between two "factions," but "it has nothing to do with the school." She also said the f!ght and the Thursday morning shooting outside Fenger are not believed to be related.

Those in the community said they are tired and scared of the violence.

"It's nuts. It's escalating," said Milton Massie, director of the Agape Community Center, who saw surveillance video of the f!ght. "This was mob action."

Toya Truitt, who has two sons at Fenger, said tensions between kids living in the Altgeld Gardens housing project and those living near the school have been on the rise.

"A lot of kids don't want to come back" to school, she said. "This boy [Derrion] was innocent. He was a kid going home."

Walker said he and his late wife had raised Derrion since he was a baby. When the boy's mother moved to Downstate Mount Vernon, he chose not to go with her, wanting to stay in Chicago.

When his grandmother was diagnosed with cancer several years ago, Derrion doted on her, Walker said.

"He was 14 years old, and he would come home and take care of her," he said.

After Derrion's grandmother died last September, he lived on and off with Eunice Cross, the grandmother of his 10-year-old half-sister, but when she needed more space for other family members, Derrion moved back in with Walker.

"He was a quiet young man around the house," Cross said. "He didn't talk much."

His grandfather said he spent most evenings doing schoolwork on his computer. On the walls of the computer room, cheerful family photos surrounded a handwritten list of "Affirmations for Living" that Derrion wrote, Walker said.

"I would surround myself with people who bring out the best in me," the list reads. "I would rid myself of the negativity in my life, including friends and significant others. I would do something nice for someone, just because."

Walker said Fenger's principal and other faculty were at the hospital last night, a testament, he believes, to his grandson's hard work in school.

"I'm very proud of him," he said. "I'm just blessed for the time I had with him."

Mayor Daley, on his way to Copenhagen to push for the 2016 Olympics to Chicago, issued a statement asking Chicagoans to "destroy the code of silence that protects criminals."

"It only promotes the kind of violence that has taken this young man from us," the statement read. "We're all in this together. We must save our children."

Last edited by memyselfni; 09-29-2009 at 02:34 PM..

191 comments for "Sep 26 - honor student killed in mob attack"

8 years ago '04        #2
R.A.R.E. 164 heat pts164
space
space
space
$12,482 | Props total: 18949 18949
Tupac Shakur
 09-27-2009, 01:01 AM         #3
Soulja1896 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Where was god?
 8 years ago '06        #4
DonYBE 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,967 | Props total: 1933 1933
Yeah I was watching this story on WGN the other night, it's sad. When are we gonna stop this senseless violence? It seems like the more we evolve as people, the more ignorant we become.
 09-27-2009, 08:54 AM         #5
DaMassacre 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MattyMatt1916 said:
it was the devil not god...:::anything good that happens,it's god's fault:::: :::::anything bad, it was the devil::::: :dancingcool: how convenient....
its like the devil attacked him thru his peers. the devil didn't want him to gain his reward, because he might of gave God all the praise.

but the devil is a liar.
 09-27-2009, 10:36 AM         #6
aaron hunter 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what is good with students getting k!lled or r*ped I have over a 88 average, now i have to watch my back
 8 years ago '05        #7
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,887 | Props total: 104 104
pus*y a.ss f**gots jumpin somebody till death for nothing
 8 years ago '04        #8
RuFfRyDa_336 
space
space
$887 | Props total: 38 38
wow they actually put up the footage on worldstar.....smh...s**t was wild
 8 years ago '07        #9
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,179 | Props total: 14996 14996
wow...

RIP
 09-27-2009, 01:50 PM         #10
tumtumstan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

r.i.p.
 09-27-2009, 02:37 PM         #11
Soulja1896 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 R.A.R.E. said:
Tupac Shakur
 8 years ago '05        #12
C-Stylez 18 heat pts18
space
space
space
$594 | Props total: 5 5
Three teenagers have been charged with beating 16-year-old Derrion Albert to death as he walked home from Fenger High School last Thursday.

Charged today with first-degree murder are Silvanus Shannon, 19, Eugene Riley, 18, and Eric Carson, 16, according to the Cook County state's attorney's office. All were charged as adults and were expected to appear in bond court at noon today.

The charges were announced after Chicago police lined up in a show of force outside Fenger this morning. Students trickled into the school at staggered intervals through the morning. Most arrived on foot wearing their standard uniform of khaki pants and black shirts.

Police patrolled the area in squad cars and staged a visible presence at the school's entrance.

"We want to provide reassurance to the public that there's a police presence and they can feel safe in the neighborhood and kids can feel safe at school," said Morgan Park District Commander Michael Kuemmeth.

Today was the first day Fenger has been open since the fatal melee that swept up Albert, an honor roll student. All Chicago public schools were closed Friday for a staff day.

(Please note the video contains scenes of graphic violence.)

A march and vigil for Albert outside Fenger, organized by his family will be held at 1 p.m. Originally, the vigil had been planned for Sunday, but Albert's family agreed to postpone it at the request of the Chicago Public Schools, said Albert's grandfather Joseph Walker.

Meanwhile, four people were being questioned in connection with the attack, as an amateur video helped police identify several participants in the melee outside the Agape Community Center, 342 W. 111th St. That video was provided to Fox affiliate WFLD-Ch. 32., which turned it over to detectives Friday night. Fox said it paid its typical freelance fee of about $300 for exclusive rights to the video.

Before the announcement of charges, Chicago Police spokesman Roderick Drew said investigators have identified several people from the video, and were questioning four of them.

In a press conference at Police Headquarters regarding security at Fenger, 11220 S. Wallace St., Calumet Area Detective Division Commander Eddie Welch said the video has helped the investigation.
When asked if police are encouraging people to watch the video to see if they can identify anyone in it, Drew said, "We would rather have [the] people who were involved in it, innocent or not, to call police."

The video shows dozens of people punching, kicking and swinging planks in a melee in a lot next to the community center and the adjacent street. At one point, four or five males -- including one wielding a 2x4 -- can be seen beating and stomping another person, believed to be Albert, who had fallen to the ground.

As the attackers flee, the person with the camera and several others approached Albert and carried him into a nearby building.

"Derrion, get up!" a female voice pleads.

Officials and witnesses say the melee was a culmination of a simmering rivalry between two groups of Fenger students, one that lived near the school and the other from the Altgeld Gardens housing development. Neighbors said the feud has been building since August, spilling across Roseland streets and, some say, into Fenger.

Albert's family was squeamish about watching the video and not all of them were able to watch it in its entirety. But they said they don't have a problem with the public watching the graphic video as long as it helps identify who beat Derrion to death.

"It hurt to watch," said LaTonia Williams, the teen's aunt. "It's one thing to hear about it and come up with your own theory of what happened. To see it is another thing. It gave us a real clear picture of what happened. That video was crucial."

Link to Video:
 09-28-2009, 12:54 PM         #13
CALBEAR707 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pus*y a.ss b**ches!
 8 years ago '09        #14
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,998 | Props total: 422 422
cmon, for real.. this is some s**t you expect to see in a jungle or something. in no way racism or anything like it intended, but those people right there dont behave like my definition of human beings
 09-28-2009, 01:03 PM         #15
jamaal45 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thats f**ked up jo but look like it was gang related as always its the Chi. I remember myself involved in these sort of brawls when I was in highschool and I almost k!lled some one with a bat but now that Im older I feel I was in the wrong and f**king with the wrong crew like momma said You dont have know friends just homies who dont give a f**k but yeah we need to teach these young brothers before they get them selves locked up or k!lled.
 09-28-2009, 01:09 PM         #16
Vanilla Bones 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh dee it look like a regular f!ght tho... he shouldnt had fell to the floor
 09-28-2009, 01:16 PM         #17
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Was just reading about this over at BB.com in the Misc... f**ked up man...
 09-28-2009, 01:22 PM         #18
DACMONSTA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

No offense but you look lost.. homey
 09-28-2009, 01:28 PM         #19
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I look lost??? the fukk are u talking about???
 8 years ago '04        #20
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,807 | Props total: 1964 1964
 Lil Jay said:
cmon, for real.. this is some s**t you expect to see in a jungle or something. in no way racism or anything like it intended, but those people right there dont behave like my definition of human beings
real talk. my first thought was just f**kin savages.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
92 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
51 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
31 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy