Steph Kegels
68 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
28 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
236 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #61
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 KeepinItTrill said:
don't matter

look at Elvis' OVERALL sales to Jay-Z's

can't even compare

Elvis' estate wipes their a.sses with Jay's discography
yeah your right but i think he was only talking about the 11 #1 albums. Elvis money still bangs on Jay
 8 years ago '06        #62
rlnichol77 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,022 | Props total: 11 11
 Mysonne said:
That was my opinion kid,

Okay what do my avi have to do with Jay-z Empire State of mind? The best you could do is say that's me in the Avy, lol that is me, that's my son like you are my son.
nas Lost because Empire State of Mind is #5 on the Billboard Hot 100
He Could of had a #1 song on his resume . The song is poised to hit #1
 8 years ago '05        #63
Meeko 
space
space
$280 | Props total: 0 0
Leave Nas alone. He got a ex wife and kids to feed.
 8 years ago '07        #64
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,210 | Props total: 15095 15095
 Mysonne said:
yeah your right but i think he was only talking about the 11 #1 albums. Elvis money still bangs on Jay
yea he's got more # 1 albums than Elvis (according to him cuz I don't know how many # 1's Elvis had)

but to insult a dude that's a music icon and not just a genre icon is disrespectful as hell on Jay-Z's part
 8 years ago '05        #65
Meeko 
space
space
$280 | Props total: 0 0
Elvis was a racist and a thief. How you gonna support that?
 8 years ago '07        #66
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,337 | Props total: 403 403
 jj01 said:
track is trash imo, even the hook sucks a.ss.
yup i agree
 09-26-2009, 05:54 PM         #67
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he figured he had Warrior Song which is better so he won there already
 8 years ago '05        #68
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
smh n*ggas still talking about this nas vs jay-z s**t?

f**king losers...only relevant to nerd rap fans
 8 years ago '07        #69
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,210 | Props total: 15095 15095
 Meeko said:
Elvis was a racist and a thief. How you gonna support that?
what?

no he wasn't

and don't tell me you think he's a thief because he did "black" music

if it wasn't for Elvis, there would be no Michael Jackson or Prince or any other of these top-selling pop-rock acts. That's a fact. He was influenced by black musicians that came before him yes but don't call him a thief. INFLUENCED is the right word.

Last edited by KeepinItTrill; 09-26-2009 at 08:08 PM..
 09-26-2009, 09:03 PM         #70
Jerseyelite89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas too busy makin history, t hat Marley album gonna do wonders too his career...better production wider demographic...
 8 years ago '04        #71
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said:
yea he's got more # 1 albums than Elvis (according to him cuz I don't know how many # 1's Elvis had)

but to insult a dude that's a music icon and not just a genre icon is disrespectful as hell on Jay-Z's part
not according to him according to RIAA, if you don't know then why would you trying to hate on something you don't know about, here you can see for yourself.

Also Elvis stole he's style and songs from Chuck Berry.
 09-27-2009, 01:08 AM         #72
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
firstly who cares, but how can anyone trash elvis like jayz aint take things like me and my girlfriend. hell it was probably even one of his number 1 singles. its not as if jayz is an innovator and elvis might not have been either. but you cant trash one like anyone else besides a hand full of people ever didnt go with the format. and in 20 years people will be doing the same thing to jayz just to prove there stupid points, you really want to be part of that. cant just accept things for what they are.
 8 years ago '04        #73
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
 Ni2 said:
firstly who cares, but how can anyone trash elvis like jayz aint take things like me and my girlfriend. hell it was probably even one of his number 1 singles. its not as if jayz is an innovator and elvis might not have been either. but you cant trash one like anyone else besides a hand full of people ever didnt go with the format. and in 20 years people will be doing the same thing to jayz just to prove there stupid points, you really want to be part of that. cant just accept things for what they are.
First nobody give Jay credit for Me and my girlfriend everyone knows that's Pac joint, nobody was confused where he got the hook. How Many of you know that Blue Suede shoe was stolen from Chuck Berry, not borrowed, not the hook, that WHOLE f**kING SONG THEN HE DIDN"T WANT TO GIVE CHUCK THE CREDIT how is that the same? And he was racist n*gga

Last edited by Mysonne; 09-27-2009 at 08:06 AM..
 09-27-2009, 08:17 AM         #74
Jerseyelite89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
First nobody give Jay credit for Me and my girlfriend everyone knows that's Pac joint, nobody was confused where he got the hook. How Many of you know that Blue Suede shoe was stolen from Chuck Berry, not borrowed, not the hook, that WHOLE f**kING SONG THEN HE DIDN"T WANT TO GIVE CHUCK THE CREDIT how is that the same? And he was racist n*gga
its well documented that Elvis spoke highly of chuck berry, they knew each other, and alot of black artist would give there tracks to elvis, cuz wats making a track if you cant hear it played on the radio? that was the era not the man, elvis employed alot of blacks after the media got more easy with blacks on tv....
 8 years ago '04        #75
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
 Jerseyelite89 said:
its well documented that Elvis spoke highly of chuck berry, they knew each other, and alot of black artist would give there tracks to elvis, cuz wats making a track if you cant hear it played on the radio? that was the era not the man, elvis employed alot of blacks after the media got more easy with blacks on tv....
That's not what happened, He literally stole Chuck Berry's music. But since it's well documented show me documents that say Chuck Berry gave Elvis songs, i'll wait my dude.
 8 years ago '05        #76
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
Nas already s**tted on Jay Z on Success and Black Republicans
 8 years ago '05        #77
ceo-of-hucworld 25 heat pts25
space
space
$8,015 | Props total: 9826 9826
ya'll have to realize Nas does what Nas wants to do. it seems like he goes against the norm and you have to respect that. Jay probably respected it and there are not hard feelings. The track is decent at best, definitely not the best track on the album.
 09-27-2009, 08:53 AM         #78
The Blueprint² 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4 pages in, and dumbasses still dont realize there is no source for this.

bx for ya
 09-27-2009, 09:02 AM         #79
Jerseyelite89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
That's not what happened, He literally stole Chuck Berry's music. But since it's well documented show me documents that say Chuck Berry gave Elvis songs, i'll wait my dude.
chuck berry was a major piece but not the only rock n rolla at that time, and if elvis sung his songs then its the same as chuck getting his start singing other peoples blues and country songs
 09-27-2009, 09:05 AM         #80
Rhymes4Days 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KeepinItTrill said:
what?

no he wasn't

and don't tell me you think he's a thief because he did "black" music

if it wasn't for Elvis, there would be no Michael Jackson or Prince or any other of these top-selling pop-rock acts. That's a fact. He was influenced by black musicians that came before him yes but don't call him a thief. INFLUENCED is the right word.
How are you going to say no he wasn't? Elvis said, "The only thing a black man is good for is shinning his shoes." If that is not racist, I don't know what is. He also use to go to the Apollo and copy styles off many of the acts there and add it to his style. Why don't you look up the real history of Elvis. Study Chuck Berry and then look at Elvis and you will see Elvis did nothing but steal ideas. Little Richard was also a guy that people took ideas from.

Last edited by Rhymes4Days; 09-27-2009 at 09:06 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
10 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
194 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy