how much money do you think it will take to start a bar/music venue

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
148 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
187 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #1
10154 pageviews
12 comments

2nd2none 
space
space
$4,104 | Props total: 1123 1123
how much money do you think it will take to start a bar/music venue

i'm just throwing 100k out there but if anyone has any more knowledge than i do info would be appreciated

12 comments for "how much money do you think it will take to start a bar/music venue"

8 years ago '07        #2
JoeDoe22 50 heat pts50
space
space
$4,116 | Props total: 230 230
It would vary from state, but there are some states that 100K wouldn't even get you your liquor license.
 8 years ago '06        #3
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
Most counties only give out a certain amount of liquor licenses. I have head of cases of people buying s**tty rundown bars and restaurants for like 700k-1,000,000 just for the license.

Other than that it all depends on what you want inside and who you are catering to. if you want it to be a dance club then you need to drop some paper. If you just want a bar then its not bad. Also are you thinking of buying an old bar or goin from the ground up. If you are going from the ground up then you gotta think more. Walk in coolers, building the bar itself, plumbing, electrical setup. Its a big step to take but a pretty good one. because in the longrun everyone drinks. Get a partner though maybe even a few. its hard to mismanage a bar as long as your all about making money.
 8 years ago '09        #4
2nd2none  OP
space
space
^^^fa sho thinking about partners. Was talking to a few people running the idea by them. One of them said they have an uncle that has dough and was looking for an investment.

I'm tryin to get my vision in order of what i want the spot to look like. Building from the ground up gives me flexibility on just about everything in terms of the design. But thats a s**t ton of money like you said.

A while back (maybe 2 years ago) i asked what the price of a liquor license would run me. heard 25-30 k in the county i'm planning on doing this. From what I've read the price is only going up. Once I get out of class today I'm just gonna go from bar to bar asking what they paid.
 8 years ago '06        #5
Sammyboi22 
space
space
IT's not even the cost. It's the availability. They give out a certain number so they could already be gone.
 8 years ago '04        #6
HarlemzBishopJ 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,596 | Props total: 254 254
yeah that's the only problem, that license homie. My man opened a club in CO, had to damn near strip to get that license, but boy once he did... the boy is official tissue on the west.
 8 years ago '09        #7
2nd2none  OP
space
space
 Sammyboi22 said:
IT's not even the cost. It's the availability. They give out a certain number so they could already be gone.
when i only have 10 grand at this point lol money is a little issue
 8 years ago '06        #8
Sammyboi22 
space
space
Haha dude if your building the bar your gonna need around 500k depending on where its at. Starting a business is deff not cheap. Unless your buying a bar thats already active and just gonna remodel it and reopen it. But the returns are good as long as you can keep away from fines. I ahve had bar owners in my family who have been successful and unsuccessful but remember that everyone drinks.
 8 years ago '05        #9
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
I think every 20 somethin has dreamed of owning a club. But its not really worth it unless you live in a big city like Miami, New York, LA. Here in VA there have been countless clubs/bars that have open and closed just in the past 5 years. They eventually always run into problems like underage drinking, f!ghts, shootings, or the crowd just dies down. Plus its not really a "recession proof" business. If someone is short on cash going out and paying for drinks is usually the first thing a person would cut out
 8 years ago '06        #10
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,824 | Props total: 1170 1170
U ever worked in a club/bar before?
 8 years ago '05        #11
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
yea I DJ. Alot of people think running a club is fun and easy because you're getting paid to throw parties. Clubs and bars usually have their spurts of good crowds then the crowd dies down after a few months because people just get tired of the same place every week and look for something new. Before you think about seriously getting a club/bar survey your area and look at how many have lasted over 3 years.
 8 years ago '08        #12
HippieMaphia 
space
space
space
$721 | Props total: 19 19
Look for investors instead of a whole bunch of partners, either that or a business loan.
Posted via Mobile Device
The Truth gave props

8 years ago '06        #13
Sammyboi22 
space
space
 Jersey826 said:
U ever worked in a club/bar before?
Yeah good call on that one. You deff need to work at a bar to see how everything works from bar backs to the managers and owner.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
74 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
173 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
75 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
49 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
27 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy