49ers @ Vikings Game Thread / Week 3 -1 PM - MVPeterson is gonna get shut down next week

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
28 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
67 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #81
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,268 | Props total: 15128 15128
 modalee81 said:
We did it his rookie year: 14 carries 3 yards. Dont forget we have the best linebacker in the league on our team.
yea but isn't your d-line still suspect? I don't keep up with the 9ers THAT closely so if yall got that clickin then enlighten me
 8 years ago '04        #82
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,528 | Props total: 6454 6454
It'll be a good game. I hope it be on TV, two of the top 5 RBs in the league go head to head.
 8 years ago '06        #83
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2322 2322
 KeepinItTrill said:
yea but isn't your d-line still suspect? I don't keep up with the 9ers THAT closely so if yall got that clickin then enlighten me
the pass rush is weak but the run D is great.
 8 years ago '07        #84
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,916 | Props total: 1802 1802
 modalee81 said:
We did it his rookie year: 14 carries 3 yards. Dont forget we have the best linebacker in the league on our team...

the pass rush is weak but the run D is great.
That was Peterson's ROOKIE year, don't forget that. Peterson admitted himself that he had no idea what he was doing his rookie year. He was just out there running for his life. He's a much smarter RB now and more patient too. I expect Willis to have a good game, but I don't think he will shut him down like he did his rookie year.

And if 49ers expect to win, they HAVE to have a pass rush. Are they a blitzing Defense? They will have to blitz often this game. Favre is actually playing smarter now than he's played in his whole career. He's willing to take sacks, doesn't force throws, and making really smart decisions with the ball. That's why even though his stats aren't through the roof right now, his QB Rating is over 100. He's actually playing within the system and only making the necessary throws. But the thing is that he doesn't have young legs anymore, so the key is to collapse the pocket and keep the pressure on him. Your D-Line needs to step up big this game all 4 Quarters cause Vikings actually start playing better late in the game. Should be fun to watch!

Last edited by Bullseye; 09-22-2009 at 11:16 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #85
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,379 | Props total: 5660 5660
 modalee81 said:
We did it his rookie year: 14 carries 3 yards. Dont forget we have the best linebacker in the league on our team.
but you lost 27-6. the vikings still ran for over 100 yards that game. people have selective memory I swear. I guess I never see the moral victory column then.
 8 years ago '05        #86
lakersboy03 6 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$7,927 | Props total: 646 646
 bangab**ch said:
but you lost 27-6. the vikings still ran for over 100 yards that game. people have selective memory I swear. I guess I never see the moral victory column then.
Both of us have different teams now...we will see on sunday
 8 years ago '05        #87
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
favre does not give them a balanced attack in no way shape or form

Hes done with..and has done nothing but play terrible the last 5-6 games
 8 years ago '05        #88
space
space
space
 Bea5T said:

:applause:
 8 years ago '06        #89
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 Bea5T said:

ESPN made that talking sports out of your a.ss commercials for people just like you.
 8 years ago '07        #90
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 8 years ago '05        #91
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,512 | Props total: 4441 4441
Whoa whoa whoa...
I've seen the 9'ers defense and yes they are the truth...
but we talking about AP here, now I swore I was going to talk smash about the 9'ers but let me say this... All Day AP is going to get atleast 1 TD and atleast 100 yards... If you wanna call that shut down, for AP it is... but thats it.
 8 years ago '07        #92
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
 Bea5T said:

Watch the game on Sunday. That's all I gotta say.

Anyone saying Favre is done and can't do anything anymore hasn't watched him play this season yet. Stop looking at the stats and just watch the man play.
 8 years ago '04        #93
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,067 | Props total: 19930 19930
Favre himself > The niners.
 8 years ago '09        #94
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
 Bullseye said:
Watch the game on Sunday. That's all I gotta say.

Anyone saying Favre is done and can't do anything anymore hasn't watched him play this season yet. Stop looking at the stats and just watch the man play.
Are you watching the games? ive watched both Vikings games... Farve looks slow, a step slower than normal... the only passes he has made have been the little 5 or 10 yard slant plays, thats it... Farve has been getting pressured alot, I dont know if that has to do with the O-Line failing to make blocks or Farve just being a step slower, but Farve looks slower than normal and definately hasnt made any big plays with his arm... The only big plays this year for the Vikings have come from Peterson
 8 years ago '08        #95
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,199 | Props total: 5322 5322

I'd love to see it though
 8 years ago '06        #96
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Are you watching the games? ive watched both Vikings games... Farve looks slow, a step slower than normal... the only passes he has made have been the little 5 or 10 yard slant plays, thats it... Farve has been getting pressured alot, I dont know if that has to do with the O-Line failing to make blocks or Farve just being a step slower, but Farve looks slower than normal and definately hasnt made any big plays with his arm... The only big plays this year for the Vikings have come from Peterson
the protection hasn't been that good. obviously favre isn't what he used to be but when he has time, he makes the right plays. plus on top of that, he's still trying to get the chemistry down with the receivers. bernard just came off of an injury, and brett skipped training camp.
 8 years ago '07        #97
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
 TheG1ftedOne said:
The reason for the pressure on Favre has been because of his O-Line. Vikings have an inexperienced Center this year and a rookie at Right Tackle. They are still adjusting. Not only that, but they were up against Pro Bowlers on Defense like Shaun Rogers, Larry Foote and Julian Peterson. Wasn't exactly an easy task for the two new guys in their first 2 games with the team.

And yes, Favre's legs are slower but he was never fast anyway. That doesn't change the fact that he still has an all-pro arm. And why would they make him make big plays with his arm when he doesn't need to? It's the Lions and Browns. Let's be serious here. They need to preserve his arm for later in the season and the playoffs.

And if you understand the Quarterback position, then you should be seeing Brett Favre brings to the game. Pay attention to all the little things he does on the field (audibles, hard counts, looking off defenders before passes, etc.), his game management, ability to run the 2 minute drill, decision making and leadership. The things that don't show up in the stat sheet are what separates him from most QB's in the league.

And if you want to talk about to his stats, here's some to focus on: 77% completion, 0 interceptions and 110 QB rating. That's what you call efficiency. Last year their QB's were inconsistent and inefficient and relied on their Defense to win games for them. This year they are actually winning cause their Offense is staying efficient and that starts at QB. That's the difference that Favre has made.

Last edited by Bullseye; 09-23-2009 at 12:02 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #98
space
space
space
Favre last year vs. Niners...

NY Jets Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int Rating
B. Favre 20 31 137 64.5 4.4 3 14 0 1 60.8
 09-24-2009, 07:49 AM         #99
UrbanLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
michael crabtree is gonna jinx the 9ers

they will never have a good #1 pick again
 8 years ago '04        #100
dc3003 57 heat pts57
space
space
$33,695 | Props total: 30897 30897
haaha this cat is stating that ap can be stopped, and by the 49ers haha, ya the 49ers have a good d. but hes adrian peterson, are u not aware of his level of skill opposed to other teams? and all brett has to do is manage the game.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy