49ers @ Vikings Game Thread / Week 3 -1 PM - MVPeterson is gonna get shut down next week

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
85 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
55 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
117 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #61
lakersboy03 6 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$7,927 | Props total: 646 646
 Bullseye said:
This is practically the SAME Vikings team of last year that made the playoffs and BEAT the Cardinals before they went to the Super Bowl. They are proven. Oh, and they have a real QB now too.

And you obviously haven't been watching Favre play. He possibly has the highest Quarterback IQ in the league right now. It's so frustrating for Defenses going against him because he knows every weakness you have and attacks it. You can game plan for Peterson, but trying game plan for Peterson + Favre? That's a nightmare. If one doesn't get you, the other will. Believe that. And let's not even get started with the X-Factor, Percy Harvin.

As for the 49ers Offense, they just don't have enough fire power to take on that dominant Vikings Defense. Frank Gore is not going to have a day like he did last week, so you're going to have to try to beat them through the air. And if you're expecting Hill to win the game against the Vikings Defense, then keep dreaming.

I think 49ers will have a decent game, but don't see them winning. They could REALLY use Crabtree right about now.
If we lose if will be at the hands of Vikings defense vs. 49ers offense/turnovers...
 8 years ago '06        #62
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,009 | Props total: 10681 10681
 lakersboy03 said:
If you dont know that our team defense has improved ur not a fan...

If u dont think we are the best team in the NFC West ur not a fan..

You dont believe in your team = you not a fan...

If we were 0-2 and gave up hella yards to every back then yeah you would have an argument...but you on here like we are garbage and AP is gonna get off on us n*gga your a soft a.ss causal fan that doesnt know s**t about your team...we are tough and have shut down this same back...yes AP has improve but so has our defense...

I cant wait for this "fan" to go into hiding next week
so who's better steelers or the 49ers?u didn't answer

and i believe in my team but i'm not a stupid f**kin idiot and go around saying my team is better then what they are just because they're my team.Back when we were smackin teams in the super bowl 5-0 i had no problem saying that but the fact is our team has plenty of needs right now...we have potential and realisticly we the only way we get in the playoffs is by winning our weak division or gettin the last wild card spot....if u think we got a shot at the super bowl or gettin a bye the first week of the playoffs u need to go sleep it off

there is believing in ur team and just being delusional
 8 years ago '06        #63
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 bangab**ch said:
it's more like looking at the game from an objective point of view. don't get mad at him for being realistic. it's not like he's bashing your team.
exactly

i was going to tell him he is in here makin niners fans look like kobe stans and s**t but then i saw his name and figured it be pointless to state the obvious
 8 years ago '07        #64
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,916 | Props total: 1802 1802
How old are you guys? 5 pages of petty argument over who is a true 49ers fan? The thread-starter is derailing his own thread. Get back on topic and stop with the nonsense guys. Mods?
 8 years ago '06        #65
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Bullseye said:
How old are you guys? 3 pages of petty argument over who is a true 49ers fan? The thread-starter is derailing his own thread. Get back on topic and stop with the nonsense.
lol...i'm not really tryin to prove i'm a real niner fan dude is just saying some off the wall dumb s**t
 8 years ago '06        #66
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,375 | Props total: 5656 5656
the thread starter is a moron. he can't even stay on topic in his own thread.
 8 years ago '05        #67
space
space
space
 Bullseye said:
How old are you guys? 5 pages of petty argument over who is a true 49ers fan? The thread-starter is derailing his own thread. Get back on topic and stop with the nonsense guys. Mods?
Stop Snitchin...

Na but back to the thread and minus the "fans"... Niners gonna hold down AP and frustrated his a.ss...

I predict his first fumble and under 100 yds rushing
 8 years ago '09        #68
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
Im ready for the youtube video of Peterson trucking Patrick WIllis
 8 years ago '08        #69
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,734 | Props total: 11628 11628
 lakersboy03 said:
Stop Snitchin...

Na but back to the thread and minus the "fans"... Niners gonna hold down AP and frustrated his a.ss...

I predict his first fumble and under 100 yds rushing
AP fumbled and rushed for under 100 last game
 8 years ago '05        #70
space
space
space
 philly337 said:
lol...i'm not really tryin to prove i'm a real niner fan dude is just saying some off the wall dumb s**t
Whatever n*gga you going off of my screen name and avy looking for clues...ur soft bottom line and you dont believe in your own team...you can like the niners but you dont have confidence in your own team...

All this started by you saying a b**ch comment about being a niner fan and being surprised about our defense...it will be a top 10 defense by seasons end, get acclimated
 8 years ago '05        #71
space
space
space
 Main Event said:
AP fumbled and rushed for under 100 last game
whatever...he'll do the same thing next game ya dig
 8 years ago '06        #72
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,375 | Props total: 5656 5656
and for any other delusional 49er fan that wants to pop off. don't forget that chester taylor got his 100 yards since people want to act like they shut down the vikings running game.

8 years ago '07        #73
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
 lakersboy03 said:
If we lose if will be at the hands of Vikings defense vs. 49ers offense/turnovers...
You JUST are now realizing this? When was the last time you watched a Vikings game?

Just because Peterson gets all the attention does NOT change the fact that the Vikings have an elite and dominate defense. They put tons of pressure on QB's, shut down run games, intercept passes, force fumbles and even score every now and then. That's what this team thrives on. Defense.

The reason people started mentioning them in the Superbowl this year is only because now they finally have an Offense that's a threat. It used to be a simple formula to Defend against the Vikings... put 8, or even 9 in the box and challenge the QB to beat them. They usually lost that battle. With Favre at QB now, they have a balanced attack. So if you're basing your opinion on beating the Vikings because of Peterson getting shut down, think again. This new and improved team has so many ways to beat you now.

Back to the subject.. almost every game since the 2008 season has been won by their Defense. Everyone knows that. This year though, you have to be a complete team and bring your "A" game to beat the Vikings. That means, you not only have to shut down their Offense, but your Offense has to be able to produce against their Defense. If 49ers had a legit QB and Crabtree, I could see a touch match. The 49ers the way they are now though... can't see it happening. I give 49ers props for the first 2 wins, but if anyone will be truly tested in Week 3, it's them.

Last edited by Bullseye; 09-22-2009 at 12:14 AM..
 8 years ago '09        #74
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,431 | Props total: 12370 12370
From a 9ers fan, I disapprove of this thread.
I have about 5 1/2 days to find a way to reverse this jinx thread and hope that there is a shootout between Gore and Peterson for fantasy football purposes. All while hoping the 9ers get the win.

I been a 9ers fan from birth and I will say I felt if healthy and if Justin Smith/Parys Haralson, and Manny Lawson could pressure the QB we would have a much improved defense. So far so good, but here comes the ultimate test. That O-Line of the Vikings is the best in the league.
 8 years ago '09        #75
space
space
 Bullseye said:
You JUST are now realizing this? When was the last time you watched a Vikings game?

Just because Peterson gets all the attention does NOT change the fact that the Vikings have an elite and dominate defense. They put tons of pressure on QB's, shut down run games, intercept passes, force fumbles and even score every now and then. That's what this team thrives on. Defense.

The reason people started mentioning them in the Superbowl this year is only because now they finally have an Offense that's a threat. It used to be a simple formula to Defend against the Vikings... put 8, or even 9 in the box and challenge the QB to beat them. They usually lost that battle. With Favre at QB now, they have a balanced attack. So if you're basing your opinion on beating the Vikings because of Peterson getting shut down, think again. This new and improved team has so many ways to beat you now.

Back to the subject.. almost every game since the 2008 season has been won by their Defense. Everyone knows that. This year though, you have to be a complete team and bring your "A" game to beat the Vikings. That means, you not only have to shut down their Offense, but your Offense has to be able to produce against their Defense. If 49ers had a legit QB and Crabtree, I could see a touch match. The 49ers the way they are now though... can't see it happening. I give 49ers props for the first 2 wins, but if anyone will be truly tested in Week 3, it's them.
I agree with you that the Vikes are just as good offensively as they are on defense. But, they have beaten the Lions and Browns this year, not playoff bound teams last I checked.
At least the 9ers have beaten the Cardinals and shut down that high powered offense. You can't go quoting stats and stuff that happened before this year. Every year is different.
So, why don't we just root for a great game and a lot of fantasy points for both team's running backs and a 9ers win. :applause:
 8 years ago '07        #76
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,212 | Props total: 15097 15097
9ers are good, but shutting down AP? hell naw
 8 years ago '07        #77
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
double-post

Last edited by Bullseye; 09-22-2009 at 01:10 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #78
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
That O-Line of the Vikings is the best in the league.
Actually their O-Line is their weak spot. I mean they are possibly the best run blocking O-Line, but their QB protection is pretty bad this year. Favre has been sacked a bunch in the first 2 games. They downgraded their Center and have a rookie at Right Tackle. I can see 49ers getting some sacks in. That'll be the key for the 49ers to be successful. They have to exploit the two new members of the O-Line for the Vikings and not let the Offense get into rhythm. That's a lot to ask against that new and improved Vikings Offense. If they can do this for all 4 Quarters though, it'll get really interesting.

Last edited by Bullseye; 09-22-2009 at 01:12 AM..
 8 years ago '09        #79
space
space
 Bullseye said:
Actually their O-Line is their weak spot. I mean they are possibly the best run blocking O-Line, but their QB protection is pretty bad this year. Favre has been sacked a bunch in the first 2 games. They downgraded their Center and have a rookie at Right Tackle. I can see 49ers getting some sacks in. That'll be the key for the 49ers to be successful. They have to exploit the two new members of the O-Line for the Vikings and not let them get into a rhythm on Offense. If they can do this for all 4 Quarters, it'll get really interesting.
thats what I meant. their O line is the best in football at run blocking because if they are doing anything other than turning and handing it to Peterson they are stupid. If they throw the ball more than 20 times a game then yeah they want to lose.
 8 years ago '06        #80
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2322 2322
 KeepinItTrill said:
9ers are good, but shutting down AP? hell naw
We did it his rookie year: 14 carries 3 yards. Dont forget we have the best linebacker in the league on our team.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
105 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
39 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
19 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
65 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy