49ers @ Vikings Game Thread / Week 3 -1 PM - MVPeterson is gonna get shut down next week

most viewed right now
audio inside Meek Previews New Song "What Beef".. Mentions Drake
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside New photo of Jet Li's physical deterioration is astonishing
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron James just PUBLICLY ETHERED Stephen Curry CAREER and TOOK HIS SOUL ..
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
2008-2018: The New Wave Where are they Now?
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #61
lakersboy03 6 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$7,987 | Props total: 854 854
 philly337 said:
lol...i'm not really tryin to prove i'm a real niner fan dude is just saying some off the wall dumb s**t
Whatever n*gga you going off of my screen name and avy looking for clues...ur soft bottom line and you dont believe in your own team...you can like the niners but you dont have confidence in your own team...

All this started by you saying a b**ch comment about being a niner fan and being surprised about our defense...it will be a top 10 defense by seasons end, get acclimated
 9 years ago '05        #62
space
space
space
 Main Event said:
AP fumbled and rushed for under 100 last game
whatever...he'll do the same thing next game ya dig
 9 years ago '07        #63
Bullseye 60 heat pts60
space
space
$9,099 | Props total: 2108 2108
 lakersboy03 said:
If we lose if will be at the hands of Vikings defense vs. 49ers offense/turnovers...
You JUST are now realizing this? When was the last time you watched a Vikings game?

Just because Peterson gets all the attention does NOT change the fact that the Vikings have an elite and dominate defense. They put tons of pressure on QB's, shut down run games, intercept passes, force fumbles and even score every now and then. That's what this team thrives on. Defense.

The reason people started mentioning them in the Superbowl this year is only because now they finally have an Offense that's a threat. It used to be a simple formula to Defend against the Vikings... put 8, or even 9 in the box and challenge the QB to beat them. They usually lost that battle. With Favre at QB now, they have a balanced attack. So if you're basing your opinion on beating the Vikings because of Peterson getting shut down, think again. This new and improved team has so many ways to beat you now.

Back to the subject.. almost every game since the 2008 season has been won by their Defense. Everyone knows that. This year though, you have to be a complete team and bring your "A" game to beat the Vikings. That means, you not only have to shut down their Offense, but your Offense has to be able to produce against their Defense. If 49ers had a legit QB and Crabtree, I could see a touch match. The 49ers the way they are now though... can't see it happening. I give 49ers props for the first 2 wins, but if anyone will be truly tested in Week 3, it's them.

Last edited by Bullseye; 09-21-2009 at 11:14 PM..
 9 years ago '09        #64
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$67,289 | Props total: 13532 13532
From a 9ers fan, I disapprove of this thread.
I have about 5 1/2 days to find a way to reverse this jinx thread and hope that there is a shootout between Gore and Peterson for fantasy football purposes. All while hoping the 9ers get the win.

I been a 9ers fan from birth and I will say I felt if healthy and if Justin Smith/Parys Haralson, and Manny Lawson could pressure the QB we would have a much improved defense. So far so good, but here comes the ultimate test. That O-Line of the Vikings is the best in the league.
 9 years ago '09        #65
space
space
 Bullseye said:
You JUST are now realizing this? When was the last time you watched a Vikings game?

Just because Peterson gets all the attention does NOT change the fact that the Vikings have an elite and dominate defense. They put tons of pressure on QB's, shut down run games, intercept passes, force fumbles and even score every now and then. That's what this team thrives on. Defense.

The reason people started mentioning them in the Superbowl this year is only because now they finally have an Offense that's a threat. It used to be a simple formula to Defend against the Vikings... put 8, or even 9 in the box and challenge the QB to beat them. They usually lost that battle. With Favre at QB now, they have a balanced attack. So if you're basing your opinion on beating the Vikings because of Peterson getting shut down, think again. This new and improved team has so many ways to beat you now.

Back to the subject.. almost every game since the 2008 season has been won by their Defense. Everyone knows that. This year though, you have to be a complete team and bring your "A" game to beat the Vikings. That means, you not only have to shut down their Offense, but your Offense has to be able to produce against their Defense. If 49ers had a legit QB and Crabtree, I could see a touch match. The 49ers the way they are now though... can't see it happening. I give 49ers props for the first 2 wins, but if anyone will be truly tested in Week 3, it's them.
I agree with you that the Vikes are just as good offensively as they are on defense. But, they have beaten the Lions and Browns this year, not playoff bound teams last I checked.
At least the 9ers have beaten the Cardinals and shut down that high powered offense. You can't go quoting stats and stuff that happened before this year. Every year is different.
So, why don't we just root for a great game and a lot of fantasy points for both team's running backs and a 9ers win. :applause:
 9 years ago '07        #66
KeepinItTrill 33 heat pts33
space
space
$51,217 | Props total: 17991 17991
9ers are good, but shutting down AP? hell naw
 9 years ago '07        #67
Bullseye 60 heat pts60
space
space
double-post

Last edited by Bullseye; 09-22-2009 at 12:10 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #68
Bullseye 60 heat pts60
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
That O-Line of the Vikings is the best in the league.
Actually their O-Line is their weak spot. I mean they are possibly the best run blocking O-Line, but their QB protection is pretty bad this year. Favre has been sacked a bunch in the first 2 games. They downgraded their Center and have a rookie at Right Tackle. I can see 49ers getting some sacks in. That'll be the key for the 49ers to be successful. They have to exploit the two new members of the O-Line for the Vikings and not let the Offense get into rhythm. That's a lot to ask against that new and improved Vikings Offense. If they can do this for all 4 Quarters though, it'll get really interesting.

Last edited by Bullseye; 09-22-2009 at 12:12 AM..
 9 years ago '09        #69
space
space
 Bullseye said:
Actually their O-Line is their weak spot. I mean they are possibly the best run blocking O-Line, but their QB protection is pretty bad this year. Favre has been sacked a bunch in the first 2 games. They downgraded their Center and have a rookie at Right Tackle. I can see 49ers getting some sacks in. That'll be the key for the 49ers to be successful. They have to exploit the two new members of the O-Line for the Vikings and not let them get into a rhythm on Offense. If they can do this for all 4 Quarters, it'll get really interesting.
thats what I meant. their O line is the best in football at run blocking because if they are doing anything other than turning and handing it to Peterson they are stupid. If they throw the ball more than 20 times a game then yeah they want to lose.
 9 years ago '06        #70
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$16,195 | Props total: 3005 3005
 KeepinItTrill said:
9ers are good, but shutting down AP? hell naw
We did it his rookie year: 14 carries 3 yards. Dont forget we have the best linebacker in the league on our team.
 9 years ago '07        #71
KeepinItTrill 33 heat pts33
space
space
$51,217 | Props total: 17991 17991
 modalee81 said:
We did it his rookie year: 14 carries 3 yards. Dont forget we have the best linebacker in the league on our team.
yea but isn't your d-line still suspect? I don't keep up with the 9ers THAT closely so if yall got that clickin then enlighten me
 9 years ago '04        #72
Kadroan 119 heat pts119
space
space
$35,141 | Props total: 8149 8149
It'll be a good game. I hope it be on TV, two of the top 5 RBs in the league go head to head.
 9 years ago '06        #73
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$16,195 | Props total: 3005 3005
 KeepinItTrill said:
yea but isn't your d-line still suspect? I don't keep up with the 9ers THAT closely so if yall got that clickin then enlighten me
the pass rush is weak but the run D is great.
 9 years ago '07        #74
Bullseye 60 heat pts60
space
space
 modalee81 said:
We did it his rookie year: 14 carries 3 yards. Dont forget we have the best linebacker in the league on our team...

the pass rush is weak but the run D is great.
That was Peterson's ROOKIE year, don't forget that. Peterson admitted himself that he had no idea what he was doing his rookie year. He was just out there running for his life. He's a much smarter RB now and more patient too. I expect Willis to have a good game, but I don't think he will shut him down like he did his rookie year.

And if 49ers expect to win, they HAVE to have a pass rush. Are they a blitzing Defense? They will have to blitz often this game. Favre is actually playing smarter now than he's played in his whole career. He's willing to take sacks, doesn't force throws, and making really smart decisions with the ball. That's why even though his stats aren't through the roof right now, his QB Rating is over 100. He's actually playing within the system and only making the necessary throws. But the thing is that he doesn't have young legs anymore, so the key is to collapse the pocket and keep the pressure on him. Your D-Line needs to step up big this game all 4 Quarters cause Vikings actually start playing better late in the game. Should be fun to watch!

Last edited by Bullseye; 09-22-2009 at 10:16 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #75
space
space
space
 bangab**ch said:
but you lost 27-6. the vikings still ran for over 100 yards that game. people have selective memory I swear. I guess I never see the moral victory column then.
Both of us have different teams now...we will see on sunday
 9 years ago '05        #76
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 207 207
favre does not give them a balanced attack in no way shape or form

Hes done with..and has done nothing but play terrible the last 5-6 games
 9 years ago '05        #77
space
space
space
 Bea5T said:

:applause:
 9 years ago '07        #78
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2744 2744
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 9 years ago '05        #79
Sluggernaut 21 heat pts21
space
space
$24,284 | Props total: 5771 5771
Whoa whoa whoa...
I've seen the 9'ers defense and yes they are the truth...
but we talking about AP here, now I swore I was going to talk smash about the 9'ers but let me say this... All Day AP is going to get atleast 1 TD and atleast 100 yards... If you wanna call that shut down, for AP it is... but thats it.
 9 years ago '07        #80
Bullseye 60 heat pts60
space
space
 Bea5T said:

Watch the game on Sunday. That's all I gotta say.

Anyone saying Favre is done and can't do anything anymore hasn't watched him play this season yet. Stop looking at the stats and just watch the man play.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Russians catching up on the the Culture too now, Jheeeeeeeze!!
66 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Ms Vicky gives my blicky a stiffy with them titties
60 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside I’ll take “things a brotha wouldn’t do” for $200 Alex
154 comments
1 day ago