Drake: Ghostwriter or Ghostwritten? (video and article inside)

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
240 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1
16675 pageviews
17 comments

Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,407 | Props total: 4305 4305
Drake: Ghostwriter or Ghostwritten? (video and article inside)

Might be old news..... but i do not see a thread on it.... so here yu go..

Isn't it funny how quick the tables can turn on you??? Remember when Drake was rumored to BE a ghostwriter now this. Yesterday ILLSEED let you all know Kia Shine had a hand in writing "Best I Ever Had" well according to this quote Drake is no stranger to recieving a little help:

“I used to stay in Toronto...Drake and Nickelus F. used to be seen everywhere in TO about 6 years ago. He used to fly Nick out and bring him to Raptor games...Drake used to throw a lot of money around to get into the industry which is why him and Trey Songz is cool...Drake paid for many of [Nickelus F.'s] videos and things of that nature for the songs he was writing...Numerous guys in Toronto have contributed to Drake’s music. Richie Sosa being one of them...This information wasn’t too confidential because the studio sessions had many people present so everybody saw Drake and 40 asking for the rhymes. Another thing you can ask people is if they’ve EVER seen Drake actually write/think/freestyle/type/ or just overall create a song on the spot. NEVER."

The guy also says Drake wanted to buy some records from a rapper named IQ, a protege of Rakim's but it didn't work out. Nickelus F stopped by my show about a month ago and dropped a dope freestyle to Incarcerated Scarfaces. I must admit it sounded Drake-ish but that might just be friends sounding similar. The last part of that quote is what really raises my eyebrow *remembering that suspect Flex freestyle* hmmmmmm....

[pic - click to view]

Rumors
NIckelus F Freestyle where he calls out drake:

[video - click to view]

Drake and the supposed ghostwriter:

[pic - click to view]

After a few, the rumors came out that Kia Shine was not involved in the creation of “Best I Ever Had.” Here is what he said in a flurry of Twitter Follies:

“this message is for all the non-believers YES kia shine OWNS 25% OF THE DRAKE SONG "THE BEST I EVER HAD" 3 BMI AWARDS FOR THE SONG GOING #1 ON 3 BILLBOARD CHARTS. GO BUY HIS EP TODAY! MY FAMILY APPRECIATES IT!”

I believe Shiney, but somebody I know at BMI pulled some official record and told me that Kia was not listed unless he has some other identity that he goes by. I don’t think dude would lie about this.

Drake stans, Drake haters...what do yu think? personally i think its believable... the "freestyle" from his blackberry...we all saw the video in the studio... what bothers me more is how jay, flex, and all these other mutherf**kers high rankin in the rap game are going to co-sign a fool thats fake as f**k... so if this allll happens to be true.... what else is really just a fkn show....

remeber this is alll rumor no facts.... but very very beliveable at this point

Last edited by Propel Water; 09-19-2009 at 08:14 PM..
Lurker gave props

17 comments for "Drake: Ghostwriter or Ghostwritten? (video and article inside)"

8 years ago '09        #2
Two Five Design 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 16 16
god his eyes are far apart. no homo.
 09-19-2009, 08:27 PM         #3
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yoooo...yall be hating on Drake
 8 years ago '04        #4
Propel Water 20 heat pts20 OP
space
space
 .aviator.man. said:
Yoooo...yall be hating on Drake
i actully have all his mixtapes....

i like his music.... but.... i gess it aint his music..

8 years ago '07        #5
MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
space
$10,421 | Props total: 1867 1867
I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE TRY TO s**t ON DRAKE FOR THE FLEX "FREESTYLE" BUT MANY FAIL TO UNDERSTAND A LOT OF THESE RAPPERS CAN'T OR DON'T FREESTYLE. IF YOU'VE EVER SEEN JAY SPIT A "FREESTYLE" HE WILL ALWAYS SPIT A VERSE FROM A SONG THAT WILL LATER COME OUT. KANYE, 50, ETC. ALL DO THE SAME THING. THEY'LL TAKE A VERSE THEY'VE BEEN WORKING ON AND USE IT AS IF IT CAME FROM THE TOP OF THE DOME. ME PERSONALLY I CAN GIVE 3 s**tS IF YOU CAN FREESTYLE OR NOT, AS LONG AS YOU CAN MAKE A GOOD RECORD. LOOK AT JIN. IF DRAKE DID HAVE A GHOSTWRITING TEAM, HIS DEAL WOULD NOT MAKE SENSE.
 09-19-2009, 08:32 PM         #6
Heartless Dream 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #7
space
space
 MELODY said:
I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE TRY TO s**t ON DRAKE FOR THE FLEX "FREESTYLE" BUT MANY FAIL TO UNDERSTAND A LOT OF THESE RAPPERS CAN'T OR DON'T FREESTYLE. IF YOU'VE EVER SEEN JAY SPIT A "FREESTYLE" HE WILL ALWAYS SPIT A VERSE FROM A SONG THAT WILL LATER COME OUT. KANYE, 50, ETC. ALL DO THE SAME THING. THEY'LL TAKE A VERSE THEY'VE BEEN WORKING ON AND USE IT AS IF IT CAME FROM THE TOP OF THE DOME. ME PERSONALLY I CAN GIVE 3 s**tS IF YOU CAN FREESTYLE OR NOT, AS LONG AS YOU CAN MAKE A GOOD RECORD. LOOK AT JIN. IF DRAKE DID HAVE A GHOSTWRITING TEAM, HIS DEAL WOULD NOT MAKE SENSE.
nahhh i could care less about freestyle skill... lots of rappers suck at freestyling.... jay cant freestyle for s**t... he jus writes s**t wen no one is lookin memorizes it and spits it in the booth..

most rappers cant freestyle.... that i understand and its not the point of my post....the reason the freestyle came into question is because his blackberry was fkn up and he couldnt read what was written down and he had to cut it short...he could of had it sent to him in an email or a bbm...

who knows he could of wrote it himself too... im jus sayen... im not hatin...im givin lil dude a chance...
 8 years ago '08        #8
TheKid21 
space
space
$1,231 | Props total: 0 0
 MELODY said:
Everyone knows that rappers rarely actually freestyle...

But there is something to be said about the ones who show some professionalism and actually memorize an original verse or two for the booth. I remember those classic G-Unit freestyles with Funk Flex where they just kept spittin verse after verse after verse (although some did wind up on an album i think).

For Drake to come on with a Blackberry and then run out of verses because his phone f**ked up should be a criminal offense

Last edited by TheKid21; 09-19-2009 at 08:47 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #9
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,364 | Props total: 184 184
Drake's a funny lookin mufugga
 8 years ago '04        #10
space
space
 01seay said:
ILL Seed Reads Boxden For Rumors ???
Boxden wasnt the first place for that video to come into the world...
 8 years ago '08        #11
Showtimegp 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,550 | Props total: 41 41
snoop dont write, 50 dont write, dre dont write and n*ggas still on they d*ck, i feel u bro..but no one wont give a s**t
 8 years ago '08        #12
Showtimegp 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,550 | Props total: 41 41
 Propel Water said:
nah the first quote some n*gga on here said it
 8 years ago '06        #13
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,980 | Props total: 3533 3533
 Propel Water said:
I wasn't referring to the video, I was talking about some information someone posted on here a few days ago.

At first I thought someone on here had wrote it because of the way they quoted the info.
 8 years ago '04        #14
space
space
 Showtimegp said:
snoop dont write, 50 dont write, dre dont write and n*ggas still on they d*ck, i feel u bro..but no one wont give a s**t
everyonee knows dre dont write but hes not a rapper he a producer...

theres no way in hell snoop dont write....

heres an example.... bow wow doesnt write.... but Jay-z dont be puttin dude on like he the next big thing...everyone nose hes a joke...
 8 years ago '04        #15
space
space
 01seay said:
I wasn't referring to the video, I was talking about some information someone posted on here a few days ago.

At first I thought someone on here had wrote it because of the way they quoted the info.

that quote does look a lil suspect
 09-19-2009, 08:59 PM         #16
Kudafi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Showtimegp said:
It was just that one album for Snoop... And that wasn't ghostwriting. He just had someone else writing. There's adifference. He gave them credit for it.

I think 50 writes his own stuff.. If not, he needs to get a WAYYY better ghostwriter. If he got a co-writer that's different.
 8 years ago '06        #17
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,980 | Props total: 3533 3533
Ok, now I'm confused.

Where was this article first posted? Because I can't find any site that has it before or on the date in was posted on Boxden...and the guy that originally posted the info, deleted his message.

I'm referring to the article in the link below.

Last edited by 01seay; 09-19-2009 at 09:01 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #18
space
space
 01seay said:
Ok, now I'm confused.

Where was this article first posted? Because I can't find any site that has it before or on the date in was posted on Boxden...and the guy that originally posted the info, deleted his message.

I'm referring to the article in the link below.
damnn i jus seen that post... i gess he does get his rumors from bx....

the article i posted... was posted on allhiphop yesterday
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
196 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
10 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy