why does eminem get a pass for his racist comments?

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
34 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #241
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,986 | Props total: 4015 4015
:iough:
 8 years ago '07        #242
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,446 | Props total: 16211 16211
 Don Savant said:
why are you living in the past?
thank you..
 11-10-2009, 01:11 PM         #243
hiphop4ever  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol.. look at all these mad stanleys bumpin up my old a.ss thread
 11-10-2009, 01:28 PM         #244
flawda_boy06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hiphop4ever said:
lol.. look at all these mad stanleys bumpin up my old a.ss thread
quit being a b**ch and grow up
 8 years ago '06        #245
Southern_Boi 
space
space
$2,761 | Props total: 1 1
The ones saying its old and let it go bring up that Wayne kiss every chance they get. You got to be the equivalent of a lame white boys to care more about 2 dudes kissing than racism
 11-10-2009, 10:46 PM         #246
saena84  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
“why did she come into this thread 18 yrs later with her views? she just confirmed all the negative stereotypes there are for women… not a good look”

So, Mr. I’m-the-Truth-Kinda-No-Not-Really, you believe that I gave women a bad reputation do you? I would like for you to be less vague and elaborate on your vision for me. Since you are so insightful, I would like for you to enlighten me.

How does it occur to you that I verified said “negative stereotypes” pinned on women? Is it because I identified myself as a strong and proud woman? Is it because I denied sympathy for the women who are neglecting their self-worth? It is because I forgave a man who learned from his mistakes? What is it that I said that confused you into believing that I created such a bad look for women everywhere?

I stated my opinion clearly; was it not clear enough for you? Was it too lengthy for you to actually wrap your brain around? Was it too complicated to understand? Don’t tell me you didn’t bother since you weren’t going to waste your time; what, do you read too slowly to even try? My words were based off of common sense and the basic moral understandings we learn as children. We learn the concepts of forgiveness and self-respect from an early age. Do you not forgive? Do you not have self-esteem?

Is that it? Are you against me because I have sympathy for a man who gave up his racist viewpoints, yet I refuse to have empathy for actively loose women? How does that give off a negative vibe for women as a whole? So, now it’s wrong for a woman to notice the faults of her own gender? How about if I had communicated my beliefs on dirty men? Would that have meant I confirmed all the negative stereotypes there are for men? What if I was a man of color, would that have changed your analysis of my words? Would that still make me come across as callous?

What’s your point? I want to know, what exactly do you mean? What did I confirm? Did I appear overly educated? Was I too c*cky? Was I supposed to dumb it down for you? Are you intimidated by the fact that a woman can express herself in a more professional manner than you have the motivation to?

Was I not ladylike enough for you? Was I not polite enough for you? Was I too straightforward? How is a woman supposed to express her point of view? Did you want me to utilize smaller words? Did you want me to become ultra sensitive, bawl and feel sorry for all women because a man made a racist and s3xist tape back when he was a naïve teenager? Did you expect me to have no remorse for a man who obviously accepted that fact that he was wrong? Was I supposed to revere him as a s3xist and racist bigot even after he apologized?

Do you presume that I should ignore the fact that his closest friends and colleagues include men and women, many of whom are other than white? Was I supposed to dislike him because you aren’t a fan? Was I supposed to have hatred for a rapper who degrades women and conveys his views on race as other rappers do? Am I supposed to hate rap?

What must I do? Mr. Respect-Me-I’m-the-Hip-Hop-Guru wanted to know why Eminem got a “pass” for his racist comments, so I told him why. His argument was biased, and he still refuses to whip up a professional a.ssertion. He said the same thing repetitively, as if his needle was stuck. He made no effort to recognize the words of those on the other side of the bench, forever caught in his biased mode. I never denied that he was right; moralistically he is. However, he kept denying other aspects of the issue.

Tell me, Professor of Hip Hop 400, why ask a question when all you are going to do is ignore the answers that don’t pertain to your liking? You might as well have stuck with your own answer, since apparently that will suffice. You gained nothing from this thread. You wasted your time creating it. The purpose of asking a question is to learn something new. It’s apparent you weren’t looking for anything other than confirmation that you are right. If you are so hardheaded, you should have just brooded in a corner by yourself. With a head like that on your shoulders, you don’t need the opinions of anyone else. Evidently, you already have all the answers. What good is it to ask questions?

I should have known better than to honestly answer your supposed inquiry. It should have been obvious that you were not going to budge. I must have been crazy to believe that there was a chance to have my opinion acknowledged. I’m not surprised you still consider me a “stan”. I figured you were not going to read the whole thing. But, if you did, it doesn’t show. If you had read carefully enough, you would know that I appreciate his art as a lyricist. Why am I still trying? Alas, I’m still surrounded by ignorant children.

Oh, and Mr. Bona fide Imagination, what do you mean “18 years later”? When I first encountered this useless thread the date read 11/9/09, I posted my comment today, 11/10/09. Can you read a calendar? I shouldn’t doubt you, since you seem so all knowing. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to catch Sir Rap Infinity’s initiation of his preconceived and already answered question. Maybe you can’t read a calendar; how do a few months become eighteen years? If you were trying to a.ssume my age, you were dead wrong. We can rule out my age; I’m only 21, meaning I would have been 3 years old 18 years ago. If you are going to try to be a wisecrack with me and say you meant how old this song is, you should have pulled out a calculator and told me that since Mathers is 37 now and he recorded the track when he was 16, it’s been 21 years, not 18. You want to get “non-fiction” with me, better get your facts straight.

By the way, I was not one of the people who “crucified” Kanye because he’s a black man who interrupted an “innocent” white girl’s first acceptance speech at the VMA’s. I was disappointed in Kanye for drunkenly and rudely ruining another artist’s winning moment. For most people, the fact that Kanye is an African American did not cause their intense amount of hate, it was simply his actions. His race was and is not the issue. Not everyone is burning Kanye at the stake because of who is ethnically, but how he behaved. He was a full grown man at a public event televised to millions across the globe. How would you have felt if Swift was replaced by Kelly Rowland? If Swift was African American, how would you see this situation? Would Kanye still be in the green for you? Or, would you hold him more accountable for his actions? Would race still be a problem? What if Eminem took the microphone from Swift instead? What if Eminem stole Keri Hilson’s winning moment? Knowing your distaste for the man, you would crucify him upside down for being a “racist bigot” and stealing the light from an “innocent” black girl, even if you could care less for her music.
 12-09-2009, 09:35 PM         #247
hiphop4ever  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Southern_Boi said:
The ones saying its old and let it go bring up that Wayne kiss every chance they get. You got to be the equivalent of a lame white boys to care more about 2 dudes kissing than racism
real talk....

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #248
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,045 | Props total: 824 824
Damn...that girl typed a f**king essay. You see what you started n*gga!?
 8 years ago '06        #249
Mr.Heismen 
space
space
$3,163 | Props total: 7 7
 TVee said:
"I apologize, I was wrong, cuz no matter what color a girl is shes still a b**ch." Eminem
^^this^^ nough said close thread
 8 years ago '04        #250
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,737 | Props total: 6439 6439
Why does your mom get a pass for giving birth to you?
 8 years ago '04        #251
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,737 | Props total: 6439 6439
 saena84 said:
In addition to the first two identification tags hanging around Eminem’s neck that I’ve detailed, there have been numbers of others strung about him. Homophobic, offensive, inconsiderate, insensitive, unforgiving, a whiner, a negative influence; the list goes on. The individuals who have made these rationalizations about Mathers, like yourself, have the right to categorize him this way, as it is their opinion, but it humors me how ignorant these individuals are. These are the people who do not scrutinize Eminem’s every word, let alone study his complete and cumulative material; they take him too literally amid what little they are familiar with. Through his lyrics, he is holding up a mirror for the rest of society to reflect upon how ugly we have become as a people. Nonetheless, it is up to the people to accept it or refuse it. In all honesty, that’s the beauty of his music. To put it in Layman’s terms, Mather’s is a satirist.

-Satire is a mode of discourse or genre defined by its use of irony, sarcasm, or ridicule for mocking, exposing or denouncing the frailties and faults of mankind.
-Satire is a work that uses ridicule, humor, and wit to criticize and provoke change in human nature and institutions.
-While satire can be funny, its aim is not to amuse, but to arouse contempt.

He has said numerous times in his lyrics, as well as in interviews, that those who judge him negatively are usually those who are uptight and sensitive. If you cannot laugh at yourself, you cannot laugh at others. No one should ever have to refrain from laughing at a good joke or speaking their mind on a particular issue for the sake of those who are exceedingly obstinate. What also baffles me is that those who despise Eminem ignore the fact that he makes fun of and criticizes everybody and everything, including himself. He makes a point to address all the issues circulating around our media and social cultures, as well as his own personal obstacles and flaws. All of his material, including ‘Relapse’, does this. With every descriptive label that’s stamped on his personal record, there is a link to his facility with satire.

There is no doubt in my mind that many Eminem haters, like yourself, would like to argue that he takes easy targets and never picks a f!ght with any big name rappers. I would like to refute that contention by first saying that those celebrities mentioned in his lyrics are not targets. Rather, they are pawns he uses to further his use of satire, which in turn helps him get his point across (Mariah Carey is a completely different story; the “beef” is fueled by emotion and a need for the truth), as well as how the sound of their names help to shape his flow. Secondly, the reason why he has not ignited beef with any legendary rappers is simply due to the fact that there is no need. Why start beef with someone you respect, who also respects you in return? Some have made the comment that if Eminem wanted to prove himself as a real rapper and not just a pop act, he needs to go after the likes of Jay Z and Nas. What does Eminem have to prove exactly? And better yet, why? Jay, Nas, KRS One, Talib Kweli, Method Man, Snoop Dog, Dr. Dre, and even Tupac Shakur’s mother, Afeni Shakur, have Eminem’s back.

They are not the only ones who realize his talent as a lyricist; his fans do too. When I say fans, I’m talking about those who care about his lyrics, who understand his art, not those who you label as “stans”. To me, Mathers is more than a rapper, he is a literary artist, a wordsmith. He is a mixture of the great poet William Shakespeare and the disturbing satirist Sir Edgar Allan Poe. As a Literary English and Linguistic double major, Eminem has been a positive inspiration to me. I do not see how he is a negative influence; how can anybody be a bad influence, especially in the media? Everyone is influenced by choice, and it all depends on how you will use that stimulation. Only the ignorant will tell you that Eminem is a destructive muse to everyone; that we need to be aware of the danger he exudes. Only the unapprised will be foolish enough to become his so called victims.

Again, I will restate that I agree with you; his statements were clearly racist and s3xist, consequently he deserved to be criticized. However, I will also repeat that he has already taken full responsibility for his words and publicly apologized. This tape will follow him the rest of his life, as long as people are resistant to let it be a product of the past. Should he be completely forgiven? No, of course not. But you have to recognize that he is only human, and he made an immeasurable mistake. Mathers has learned from his misjudgment, so should we. Racism in spoken word is unacceptable, but we must learn to absolve those who have recognized their indiscretion and choose to live their lives void of racial prejudice.

It is ridiculous to make negative accusations against a man’s past that you do not even try to understand. You do not have to be fond of the man, you don’t have to see eye to eye with his lyrics, but at least appreciate his talent and respect the man for all that he has achieved. Mathers is evidence enough that there are no boundaries of what someone can accomplish when they put their heart and soul into what they are passionate about, not even something as hindering as race, social class, or even a battle with addiction.

I really hope you took the time to read what I wrote. Don’t bother to comment back if you skimmed through it, and passed judgment without seriously considering what I had to offer. I acknowledged what you had to say, so please have the decency to do the same for me.

If you do decide to comment back, please do not repeat the same words you have already posted. Redundancy is something you want to shy away from since it will only make it appear as though your argument is limited. And please, do so in a professional manner; no silly graphics are needed to emphasize your point. I absolutely loath it when I feel as though I am being babbled at by a child.
We know what you did here..

8 years ago '06        #252
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,963 | Props total: 13583 13583
m&m also hate gay people!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '09        #253
kingstown04 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,545 | Props total: 88 88
why isn't this in the classics yet........
 8 years ago '07        #254
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,835 | Props total: 1999 1999
damn 3 months in and this s**t is still here? can't wait for the next installement of Why does Em gets a pass for his diss song when ____________ is getting hated on
 8 years ago '04        #255
STUNTIN 
space
space
$914 | Props total: 0 0
 Southern_Boi said:
u do realize in ur sig there is a black guy saying cracker right?? which is supposed to be the opposite equivalent,.. and also talkin about ppl caring about racism yet u bring lame white boys into it?,...

Last edited by STUNTIN; 12-10-2009 at 12:42 AM..
 12-10-2009, 10:44 AM         #256
hiphop4ever  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Gooneyz said:
Damn...that girl typed a f**king essay. You see what you started n*gga!?
lol.. them em stans dont play
 8 years ago '09        #257
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,085 | Props total: 8875 8875
^^^^^^^:laughing19::laughing9: you ain't lying
 8 years ago '07        #258
champ1176 
space
space
space
$46 | Props total: 0 0
why does eminem get a pass for his racist comments?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but then when kanye did his thing to taylor swift he gets called zzzzzz and everyone goes at him like hes the worst person in the world but when eminem has a damn song dissin black women he gets a pass just cause he said he was young at the time ..

and dont come in here and be like oh well cause kanye was an a**hole.. yes kanye was an a**hole but what eminem did was much more worse then what kanye did and look at how much heat kanye is taking for this like he k!lled someone and no one even mentions this eminem song

YouTube - Eminem - Foolish Pride (racist tape)
YouTube - Eminem - Foolish Pride (racist tape)

-now im not trying to make this a race thing im just saying..

why does eminem get a pass for a racist song, and kanye is
gettin all this heat from this taylor swift thing?

you've got to be the dumbest madafaka on the planet
 8 years ago '06        #259
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Where are all the racist comments these crybabies are talking about?? Black people love to cry cry cry cry
 12-11-2009, 11:45 AM         #260
hiphop4ever  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kingstown04 said:
why isn't this in the classics yet........
thats a good question....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
166 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
261 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
164 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
115 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
151 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago