why does eminem get a pass for his racist comments?

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
138 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
191 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
227 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-07-2009, 08:55 PM         #221
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ Who said I want to be white??? Although that would be a good idea... If I was white I'd have more chance with the regular white wimmenz.... Its weird but I don't like white women that like black dudes... they tend to act like black girls and that is not attractive... Either way, like eminem said "it doesn't matter what color a girl is, she's still b**ch"
 10-07-2009, 08:57 PM         #222
hiphop4ever  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigbarcelona said:
You know they do sell bleaching to turn white.
lol.. dont worry alex you can look like mike in no time

[pic - click to view]

10-07-2009, 08:57 PM         #223
bigbarcelona  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 m-f said:
Some of you all need to worry about yourself, not a self-made multi-millionaire, sayin' he's taking L's.

meanwhile 99.9% of you will never accomplish what he did.

& I ain't saying I will ever. Major doubt on that.

But I ain't the one sitting on forums day after day hating on rappers because I have nothing better to do with my life, and haven't accomplished s**t like most you all.
I don't think anyone is hating him for his money (I know I don't). But I don't respect the fact that he can get away with insulting an entire gender or race but makes money out of it. I don't respect the fact that media will defending him, but they are trying to destroy Kanye because he told some b**ch her video was weak and she got her feelings hurt.

You know what was sad???

That the so call hip hop network had his back.

what a bunch of coons.
 10-07-2009, 09:00 PM         #224
bigbarcelona  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
^^^ Who said I want to be white??? Although that would be a good idea... If I was white I'd have more chance with the regular white wimmenz.... Its weird but I don't like white women that like black dudes... they tend to act like black girls and that is not attractive... Either way, like eminem said "it doesn't matter what color a girl is, she's still b**ch"
You think a white women will like you if you were white??

You sound like a dork and they will f**k a black guy before you.

How about step you're game up.

I'm glad my parents raise me better than that.
 10-07-2009, 09:00 PM         #225
hiphop4ever  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 m-f said:
Some of you all need to worry about yourself, not a self-made multi-millionaire, sayin' he's taking L's.
who said em was taking L's? thats funny i thought this thread was asking why em gets a pass for a racist song putting down black women .. this isnt no damn joe budden thread lol
 8 years ago '07        #226
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
 bigbarcelona said:
I don't think anyone is hating him for his money (I know I don't). But I don't respect the fact that he can get away with insulting an entire gender or race but makes money out of it. I don't respect the fact that media will defending him, but they are trying to destroy Kanye because he told some b**ch her video was weak and she got her feelings hurt.

You know what was sad???

what a bunch of coons.
Someone with some common sense. :applause:
I was expectin' some stupid a.ss stan comment or some s**t.

But like I say time after time, Who gives a s**t about the media, who gives a s**t about a rappers personal life, who gives a s**t about what happened before half this board was born.
Move on, stop living in the past.

Just enjoy the f**king music, if you don't like it.. don't listen, no need to make senseless threads like this to look like a f**king baboon.
 10-07-2009, 09:06 PM         #227
bigbarcelona  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xyz11scorp21xyz said:
i don't know where you live at, but i live in l.a. man, and racist s**t really doesn't go on around here, not like how you're talking about.

and i'm an immigrant too, became a citizen in 02, even though my skin color may be white
I was living in Charlotte, NC.

You see that s**t but they tried to keep it on the low.

I had a condo out there and this white motherf**kers call some detectives to see if I was smoking weed or if I sold drugs (Dont' smoke, drink or do drugs). The detective left mad as hell because they found nothing in my condo. They b**ch when I had my dog and almost force me to get rid of it. Last, this b**ches left notes on my door and even had the audacity to take one of my notes down.

Anyway, I left and got all my money back. Funny thing is... a pedophile move in and you know the rest. I bet they felt stupid as hell after I left.

That's why I'm in DC today. Charlotte? f**k that city.
 10-07-2009, 09:08 PM         #228
bigbarcelona  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
LOL any1 can type words where's your proof to all these claims?
Why do I have to show proof to you?

You can't even show me what you got.
 8 years ago '07        #229
genobee 21 heat pts21
space
space
$2,486 | Props total: 390 390
 bigbarcelona said:

You know what was sad???

what a bunch of coons.
nicca what? have you even seen a rap video for the pass decade? i think we need to careless about what eminem did and start trying to better ourselves(black people), no one took that s**t serious because we bring our-self's down. we talk about k!lling each other and how we hate and belittle our women but your crying about what people think now? i can find you hundreds of songs where a black man called a white man a cracker and where they called all kind of women b**ches but now one when crying to the heavens cuz of Eminem? does this subject matter really interest u that much? dude your a idiot, who has no sense of free thinking, your the same as these ignorant dudes on the street, you bring nothing but hate into our community. hell i never understood how we even got this ignorant, what happen to pride, wanting an education, honor your brother, and your neighbor, isn't that what MLK wanted?

I don't give a s**t what Eminem say, his a rapper, his not the first to say it and he wont be the last, what i think you and every other black person should be worried about is how to make our community more positive and remove these stereotypical views that the world view us in.
 8 years ago '05        #230
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,882 | Props total: 8404 8404
em has said a lot worse s**t that racist comments
 10-07-2009, 09:54 PM         #231
Sir Shiesty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ive only read the 1st page on this thread , but this s**t is funny.

people are jus hating on em. like everyone been stating we've all said racist remarks or stereotyping each others race a some point in our life.

he was young and that chick made him catch feelings.

i dunno how the f**k yall comparin this wit kanye or even hitler.
 10-07-2009, 11:20 PM         #232
comeback  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigbarcelona said:
And white girls too.

Plus it is obvious that the media will always protect him because he is one of them. Now that I'm older and I finally got a chance to truly cross examine his music... Eminem was ok but never great. His raps are ok and even his best album dealt with the subject of murdering is wife, mother and every female out there. The reason he is protected is mainly because he is by far the most talented white rapper out there that has stuck to being white, which there is nothing wrong with that, but white people adore him for that.

Look at Marky Mark or Mark Walhberg.... he was a racist too himself (I still think he is). He f**king went to jail for beating up an Asian immigrant because of his race.... but the media kept it always on the low because not only he appeal to black people, but he always stuck white. If it was anyone else they would of blasted the hell out of this s**t..... like Reverend Wright even though he actually had a point instead of being either an closet racist idiot or just plain racist.

Point being is... Eminem will always get a pass because of his skin color. No matter how many times white people say no... this Kanye/Taylor situation made it clear.

Do I need to say more?
no you don't.. i stopped readin' after you said "Em was ok, never great" that shows that you're ignorant and don't know s**t about music even though u think you do.. if Em wasn't great, other great rappers/legends wouldn't be saying that he's one of the best to ever do it..
 8 years ago '05        #233
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,497 | Props total: 717 717
why do black people always b**ch about racism? meanwhile they are just as racist...sorry we arnt on the slave ship anymore buddy, stop crying...(not trying to offend people just sick of hearing f**kers cry)
 8 years ago '04        #234
STUNTIN 
space
space
$914 | Props total: 0 0
 kingz21 said:
thats the truth props, if kanye made a diss song towards taylor swift or another white artist they would crucify him, but when eminem disses a beautiful black woman everyone gives him a pass and laughs it off.
kanye took a special moment that could be a one of a kind and f**ked it up on national tv,.. eminem got pissed off and did something stupid,.. everybody has said something racist or something in their life,.. its human nature when somebody pisses u off that bad u lose ur head and go for the k!ll shot,.. u go for the most hurtful thing at the time,.. u might even feel bad bout it later and regret it or whatever,.. but it happens .. has to everybody,.. not saying what he did was right,.. neither is he,.. but he DID take flack for it,. it just happens to be 10 f**kin years down the road from when the s**t came out (which if this thread counts he is still taking flack for it),.. we'll see here in 10 or 15 years if anybody is still talking about kanye,.. and some re-runs of celebrities biggest meltdowns bulls**t dont count
 10-07-2009, 11:51 PM         #235
hiphop4ever  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AK1 said:
Who the f**k revived this s**t?
lol.. surprisingly not me
 8 years ago '09        #236
kingstown04 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,544 | Props total: 87 87
 AK1 said:
Who the f**k revived this s**t?
 8 years ago '06        #237
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
Smh @ y'all getting butt hurt because of what Eminem said when y'all be the same ones saying n*gga in every post.
 8 years ago '04        #238
JTwizzy 
space
space
$2,053 | Props total: 0 0
 Bkjj11 said:
He was young and went out with a black chick that f**ked him over. He's upset but he did acknowledge it and apologized cuz he didn't remember it.

Now for you to use kanye is ignorant cuz you could've made this thread a while ago, but using the kanye incident is completely stupid. Kanye is a grown man and did a dumb thing.

Everyone has moved on from that eminem thing, he didn't get a 'pass' when it was leaked so move on and quit making stupid, pointless threads.
Truth. Props man, some ppl are just dumb.
 11-10-2009, 11:34 AM         #239
saena84  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
“Why does Eminem get a pass for his racist comments?”

I’ve noticed how you continuously note that all the “stans” simply avoid answering your question. You want a direct answer, do you? I’ll supply you with an in depth riposte, but it will be up to you whether you are man enough to be willing to read the whole post or not.

I want to let you know now that I am a woman of color, of Korean descent (Yes, it includes Asians; look it up if you do not believe me), and I am not a “stan”. I really do not need you putting words in my mouth, so I am going to be as detailed as I possibly can.

I will start with discussing the Eminem tape you have brought to the table.

I agree with you that his comments on that tape are racist. I do not, under any circumstance, condone what he said. Everyone knows, moralistically in terms of level society, that making such statements is wrong and should not be taken in stride. Racism is not an issue to play with, no matter who someone is or where they come from. Unfortunately, it is a part of human nature to use stereotypes and pull judgments on others that are outside of one’s personal group; this includes everything from race to gender and s3xual orientation. This was also true for Mathers.

I believe that you are missing key elements from the issue at hand; there seems to be some factors that you choose to turn a blind eye to. To reiterate what I said, it is natural for humans to discriminate against others. This is especially true when an individual is an object of racial discrimination and a minority in a situation. I know that you will automatically tell me that Mathers is not a minority, but you are not entirely correct. Yes, Mathers is a white male, which may seem to you as reason enough to label him a part of the powerful majority. However, you would be neglecting the dynamics of his personal life. Mathers grew up in Detroit (as did my father), a predominantly black city. It didn’t help matters that he felt a connection to the underground Hip Hop scene, which was, and still is, dominated by the black community, wanting to explore the culture of the sounds and emotions behind the mic. As much as he wanted to fit in, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t get past the fact that his skin was white; it was presented to him every day. In this Detroit society, Mathers was the minority, and it made life difficult and hard to bear. Racial slurs were a constant reality for him, being called a “cracker,” “honky,” “white trash,” “white boy”. These insults may not seem much to you, as they don’t to many who are not white. Some believe that offenses like these do not hold as much weight as those used against African Americans, but in reality they are wrong. On the individual level, every racial slur holds the same weight; the history of your race is not the issue once it becomes a personal battle (I know this from experience). No one can deny the fact that white males have been the dominant elite throughout history, but such attributes should not excuse the racism used against them. Racism against African Americans should be considered on the same level of racism used against everyone else. Racial slurs are destructive to everyone, and it is apparent that you understand this as much as I do. You have vocalized that Eminem should not slide with the racist lyrics he employed, which should mean that you do agree the racism he faced as an adolescent was also wrong. Still, why do I feel as if you could care less about what he went through?

Mathers was constantly punished for being white, chased like a dog and a target of frequent violence. I want you to honestly tell me, that if you went through this every day, you would not be frustrated and angry. I want you to truthfully tell me, that if you were a victim of racial aggression every waking moment of your existence, you would not hold an ounce of animosity against your aggressors. Odds are your emotions would get the best of you. Everyone has said something racist in their lifetime, unconsciously or consciously, stereotypically or otherwise. The degree of how racist the said comments are varies, but the fact remains the same: race was the issue. I will not deny that I have made such comments myself, so neither should you. You tell the “stans” to stop rejecting the truth about what was said and done, so why are you? You seem to be denying the fact that Eminem had to struggle and f!ght to get to where he’s at today. Eminem gained the respect of his fellow underground rappers and rightfully earned his spot as a Hip Hop legend.

When it comes to the verity that the tape is not only racist, but s3xist, I see your point. Again, it is wrong to slander a race, as it is wrong to slander the opposite gender. I commend you for your sympathy for colored women, yet I’m quite confused. Others have pointed this out, but I will reaffirm this statement. Yes, Eminem slammed African American women and defiled their existence, but what about the African American rappers who have done the same? You may say they have the entitlement to belittle black women because they are of the same race, but they are still disgracing women all the same, are they not? What about the black rappers who make racial generalizations about white women and men? Is it alright for the likes of 2Pac, Biggie, and a plethora of other non-white rappers to racially slam white society simply because of who they are to you? Why is it alright for them to vocalize the anguish and anger they have felt, dealt by the hand of racism, yet if the rapper is white, it suddenly becomes wrong? If Mathers cannot skate through it unscathed, why should anyone else? Racism is racism; I now want you to produce a thread that heats every rapper who has ever made a racist comment, no matter what race the offenders or recipients are. If you want me to support your quest for ending racism against colored women, you better start making an effort to end racism as a whole.

I also want to discuss the issue of how people label Eminem. However, since this is your topic, I’ll initiate this section of my argument with your own personal brandings of Mathers. Apparently, he’s a racist and s3xist white man who does not deserve to say what’s on his mind; that’s pretty much the vibe I’m getting from you. I won’t deny that Eminem made those racist remarks, and that he was at fault. Yet, Mathers openly and internationally apologized for his words and confronted the issue. To me, there is nothing more impressive than for someone to be able to publicly admit to such an offense and confess that they were in the wrong. To me, as a woman, that is what a man should be. He acknowledged his faults, despite how far behind him the issue was; it was his past, but he allowed it to be tacked onto him once it surfaced, even after his success. Mathers never denied what he said, and as a man, asked for forgiveness. As a woman of color, I forgave him, and I do not regret it. Take a look at Mathers’ surroundings; his closest friends and colleagues are African American. They respect him and he respects them. They forgave him, why can’t you?

It also cannot be stressed enough that Eminem is not the only rapper to degrade women vocally, as well as the factors that are connected with the comments made. This, right here, is for all the women: I ask you, what makes you believe that Eminem is downright misogynistic without holding any other rapper accountable? Even more so, I wonder why so many women are excessively offended by the lyrics of these men. The reason as to why I am unfazed by their words is simply due in part to the straight fact that I do not a.ssociate myself with the demographic of women they malign. Although I do not wholly pardon their use of s3xist remarks, the women they talk of do not include the likes of me and women like me. I have respect for myself; I have dignity. I am not a c*nt, as.lut, a wh0ore, a skank, a ho. I do not dress provocatively or wear pounds of makeup. I will not degrade myself physically for the enjoyment of men. I will respect all men as I respect all women. I am a woman and I am proud of it. Those women who take whole offense to their words apparently have sympathy for those females who choose to live selflessly and allow themselves to be objects. If I can refrain from that lifestyle, if I can be proud of my body and who I am, if I can make something of myself in my own respectable way, why can’t they?

I am not the only woman to live judiciously; many women, who come from all strides of life, take care in how they live. There is no reason for any woman to blatantly degrade herself for the pleasure of men. There is no reason for any woman to shamefully sleep with or wed a man only for his money or his celebrity status. There is no reason for any woman to live a dubious and demeaning lifestyle. How you live is by choice; there is always something better on the other side, you just have to be willing to work for it. Don’t tell me that the ghetto got you down. Don’t tell me that the white man is holding you back. Nothing is holding you back but yourself. You may not become a millionaire, you may not get that fancy car you’ve always dreamed of, but at least you will be living a life that you are proud of.
 11-10-2009, 11:35 AM         #240
saena84  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In addition to the first two identification tags hanging around Eminem’s neck that I’ve detailed, there have been numbers of others strung about him. Homophobic, offensive, inconsiderate, insensitive, unforgiving, a whiner, a negative influence; the list goes on. The individuals who have made these rationalizations about Mathers, like yourself, have the right to categorize him this way, as it is their opinion, but it humors me how ignorant these individuals are. These are the people who do not scrutinize Eminem’s every word, let alone study his complete and cumulative material; they take him too literally amid what little they are familiar with. Through his lyrics, he is holding up a mirror for the rest of society to reflect upon how ugly we have become as a people. Nonetheless, it is up to the people to accept it or refuse it. In all honesty, that’s the beauty of his music. To put it in Layman’s terms, Mather’s is a satirist.

-Satire is a mode of discourse or genre defined by its use of irony, sarcasm, or ridicule for mocking, exposing or denouncing the frailties and faults of mankind.
-Satire is a work that uses ridicule, humor, and wit to criticize and provoke change in human nature and institutions.
-While satire can be funny, its aim is not to amuse, but to arouse contempt.

He has said numerous times in his lyrics, as well as in interviews, that those who judge him negatively are usually those who are uptight and sensitive. If you cannot laugh at yourself, you cannot laugh at others. No one should ever have to refrain from laughing at a good joke or speaking their mind on a particular issue for the sake of those who are exceedingly obstinate. What also baffles me is that those who despise Eminem ignore the fact that he makes fun of and criticizes everybody and everything, including himself. He makes a point to address all the issues circulating around our media and social cultures, as well as his own personal obstacles and flaws. All of his material, including ‘Relapse’, does this. With every descriptive label that’s stamped on his personal record, there is a link to his facility with satire.

There is no doubt in my mind that many Eminem haters, like yourself, would like to argue that he takes easy targets and never picks a f!ght with any big name rappers. I would like to refute that contention by first saying that those celebrities mentioned in his lyrics are not targets. Rather, they are pawns he uses to further his use of satire, which in turn helps him get his point across (Mariah Carey is a completely different story; the “beef” is fueled by emotion and a need for the truth), as well as how the sound of their names help to shape his flow. Secondly, the reason why he has not ignited beef with any legendary rappers is simply due to the fact that there is no need. Why start beef with someone you respect, who also respects you in return? Some have made the comment that if Eminem wanted to prove himself as a real rapper and not just a pop act, he needs to go after the likes of Jay Z and Nas. What does Eminem have to prove exactly? And better yet, why? Jay, Nas, KRS One, Talib Kweli, Method Man, Snoop Dog, Dr. Dre, and even Tupac Shakur’s mother, Afeni Shakur, have Eminem’s back.

They are not the only ones who realize his talent as a lyricist; his fans do too. When I say fans, I’m talking about those who care about his lyrics, who understand his art, not those who you label as “stans”. To me, Mathers is more than a rapper, he is a literary artist, a wordsmith. He is a mixture of the great poet William Shakespeare and the disturbing satirist Sir Edgar Allan Poe. As a Literary English and Linguistic double major, Eminem has been a positive inspiration to me. I do not see how he is a negative influence; how can anybody be a bad influence, especially in the media? Everyone is influenced by choice, and it all depends on how you will use that stimulation. Only the ignorant will tell you that Eminem is a destructive muse to everyone; that we need to be aware of the danger he exudes. Only the unapprised will be foolish enough to become his so called victims.

Again, I will restate that I agree with you; his statements were clearly racist and s3xist, consequently he deserved to be criticized. However, I will also repeat that he has already taken full responsibility for his words and publicly apologized. This tape will follow him the rest of his life, as long as people are resistant to let it be a product of the past. Should he be completely forgiven? No, of course not. But you have to recognize that he is only human, and he made an immeasurable mistake. Mathers has learned from his misjudgment, so should we. Racism in spoken word is unacceptable, but we must learn to absolve those who have recognized their indiscretion and choose to live their lives void of racial prejudice.

It is ridiculous to make negative accusations against a man’s past that you do not even try to understand. You do not have to be fond of the man, you don’t have to see eye to eye with his lyrics, but at least appreciate his talent and respect the man for all that he has achieved. Mathers is evidence enough that there are no boundaries of what someone can accomplish when they put their heart and soul into what they are passionate about, not even something as hindering as race, social class, or even a battle with addiction.

I really hope you took the time to read what I wrote. Don’t bother to comment back if you skimmed through it, and passed judgment without seriously considering what I had to offer. I acknowledged what you had to say, so please have the decency to do the same for me.

If you do decide to comment back, please do not repeat the same words you have already posted. Redundancy is something you want to shy away from since it will only make it appear as though your argument is limited. And please, do so in a professional manner; no silly graphics are needed to emphasize your point. I absolutely loath it when I feel as though I am being babbled at by a child.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
65 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
48 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago