my car makes a crazy sound when i turn and accelerate

most viewed right now
 97
Video inside This man died during surgery, met god & asked him, "what's the meaning ..
434 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 83
NBA Stephen A Says KD Threw WCF Then Back Tracks
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 80
Image(s) inside In what order are you smashing? :cp3datass:
131 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 73
Video inside Tory Lanez Leaves Angela Yee A Love Letter
62 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #1
23590 pageviews
13 comments


cjstewar8 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,158 | Props total: 199 199
my car makes a crazy sound when i turn and accelerate
 

 
yea i have an 07 nissan altima 2.5s and when i turn and accelerate it makes a sound like when the transformers are transforming. my sister's old car used to do it too after about 70,000 miles. my car only has 30,000 miles on it and i like to think that i take care of it but that sound scares me. anybody know what it is?

and oh yea i have a break problem too. they squeak badly whenever i break but when i got them inspected a few weeks back and they said that i still had 45-50% break pad left. anything i can spray on em to stop the squeakin?

13 comments for "my car makes a crazy sound when i turn and accelerate"

 7 years ago '08        #2
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
space
$13,161 | Props total: 3 3
it makes a noise when you turn?

check your power steering fluid....it could be low!
 7 years ago '09        #3
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$20,031 | Props total: 0 0
Brakes- If it is squeeking it can be from either the pads are wearing out, or your roters are worn out. ALso sometimes when your brakes get wet it makes the squeek noise as well. I reccomend you repalce the front pads (for an altima its prolly like 50-60 bux) and leaving the rear alone for now.

Car noise - It can be from many things. Make sure to change your oil every 4k miles since it an altima I doubt you using syntetic oil. It can be your transmision fuking up. Always make sure you car is fully stopped before switching gears cuz that will grind the transmission. Make sure you got transmission fluid too.

My guess you either didnt change your oil or you ran out of transmission fluid in either case you will be f**ked if you dont fix it asap.
 7 years ago '04        #4
JayR04 107 heat pts107
space
avatar space
space
$8,541 | Props total: 1207 1207
also squeaky brakes could be from cracks in the pads from over heating. who ever checked your brakes should know that.
 7 years ago '08        #5
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
space
$13,161 | Props total: 3 3
 Spiffy said:
Brakes- If it is squeeking it can be from either the pads are wearing out, or your roters are worn out. ALso sometimes when your brakes get wet it makes the squeek noise as well. I reccomend you repalce the front pads (for an altima its prolly like 50-60 bux) and leaving the rear alone for now.

Car noise - It can be from many things. Make sure to change your oil every 4k miles since it an altima I doubt you using syntetic oil. It can be your transmision fuking up. Always make sure you car is fully stopped before switching gears cuz that will grind the transmission. Make sure you got transmission fluid too.

My guess you either didnt change your oil or you ran out of transmission fluid in either case you will be f**ked if you dont fix it asap.
to add:
just check all your fluids....trans,oil,powersteerng,brake...etc
 7 years ago '04        #6
MrNickNick 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,722 | Props total: 4 4
Why don't u just take it to Nissan, it should at least be under warranty until 2011 or 45k miles, whatever comes first
 09-17-2009, 02:42 PM         #7
gilbydakid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
does it make that noise when you turn right or left or both?

next when you start you car up leave it in park and turn the wheel all the way to one side doesnt matter which side and if it makes loud whining noise its your power steering fluid.

if thats not it and it makes a noise when you go into turn. its a possibilty that its your cv joint going bad.

and your brakes making that noise are one of two things first like dude said cracks and such from intense heat from braking to hard or you ride your brakes a lot and have glazed your pads over.


Last edited by gilbydakid; 09-17-2009 at 02:44 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #8
cjstewar8 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,158 | Props total: 199 199
 gilbydakid said:
does it make that noise when you turn right or left or both?

next when you start you car up leave it in park and turn the wheel all the way to one side doesnt matter which side and if it makes loud whining noise its your power steering fluid.

if thats not it and it makes a noise when you go into turn. its a possibilty that its your cv joint going bad.

and your brakes making that noise are one of two things first like dude said cracks and such from intense heat from braking to hard or you ride your brakes a lot and have glazed your pads over.
i never really checked to see which way makes the sound but ive noticed when i turned left yesterday. ima check and see the other side too

preciate the help fellas.
 7 years ago '05        #9
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$5,224 | Props total: 7 7
 gilbydakid said:
does it make that noise when you turn right or left or both?

next when you start you car up leave it in park and turn the wheel all the way to one side doesnt matter which side and if it makes loud whining noise its your power steering fluid.

if thats not it and it makes a noise when you go into turn. its a possibilty that its your cv joint going bad.

and your brakes making that noise are one of two things first like dude said cracks and such from intense heat from braking to hard or you ride your brakes a lot and have glazed your pads over.


Gilb strikes again...... Another thing to check to see if there's any fluid underneath the ride. The powersteering fluid should be a redish color. Look at the power steering resivor to check the fluid level. Depending where you are it maybe too hot so you have to fill it accordingly.
 7 years ago '06        #10
Virlynmatrix 
space
avatar space
space
$109 | Props total: 0 0
On another note u might need a new front axle. Mine makes noise everytime I make a right turn. Look to spend close to $200 alone and not even including labor!
 7 years ago '05        #11
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$5,224 | Props total: 7 7
 Virlynmatrix said:
On another note u might need a new front axle. Mine makes noise everytime I make a right turn. Look to spend close to $200 alone and not even including labor!
He didn't mention anything about a clicking noise while turning but if I missed that then you're right but you don't really have to replace that whole axle, you can just replace the bearings on it.
 7 years ago '07        #12
cjstewar8 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,158 | Props total: 199 199
i talked to the dudes at nissan and i needa come in for scheduled matinence soon so hopefully that fixes the problem. they refil all of your fluids and replace filters and shidd so i should be set
 09-18-2009, 02:50 PM         #13
gilbydakid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaiden05 said:
He didn't mention anything about a clicking noise while turning but if I missed that then you're right but you don't really have to replace that whole axle, you can just replace the bearings on it.
some fwd cars the axle and cv joint are a complete part just like on most all fwd the ball joint is sealed so you have to replace the whole control arm.

fwd cars<<<<<<<<<
 7 years ago '04        #14
deziking 58 heat pts58
space
avatar space
space
$17,194 | Props total: 952 952
I'v worked on nissans and I have to say they are the worst cars to buy. I have replaced transmissions on sentras with 40,000 miles, replaced axles very common on sentras lol. But check the pads see how much they are worn down, if they aren't worn down then reclean them. For the noise when you turn, I'd suggest checking the power steering fluid if it's low fill it up to right level. Please respond back if you have done all of this.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 54
Image(s) inside Weird Actress Charlize Theron Allows Adopted Black Son In Wig and Dress
128 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 50
Image(s) inside ***The COVERT 21st Century AFRICAN LAND RUSH....!!!!***
75 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 33
Image(s) inside If Suicide Squad was made in the 90s
41 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 25
Video inside Aug 23 - Cops mistake 10 year-old boy for adult suspect, chase him with..
71 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside Aug 22 - Florida father killed in online-dating setup - Girl get $50 D..
70 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside PS4 Ugly Slim Unboxing Video
42 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 13
NFL Josh Norman says he shut down Demaryius Thomas in SB50; DT responds
83 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside I like this 21yr old... 👈👍👌
45 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy