Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
104 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
98 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
50 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-15-2009, 05:13 PM         #1
7672 pageviews
24 comments

SilverRain 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eating Lemons Before You Workout To Boost Metabolism

I'm tryin to lose weight but I'm one of those ppl that hates going to the gym, I like to work out but I hate being at the gym with ppl lookin at me while I sweat. Anyways, if I'm gonna be going to the gym I'm trying to maximize my workout and burn as many calories as possible. I talked to my dad about this and he said that when he was training in the Navy, he used to eat 2 lemons before he worked out and one before every meal and it made him burn more calories and lose more weight. Anyone have an opinion on this, or evidence that proves or denies this?

24 comments for "Eating Lemons Before You Workout To Boost Metabolism"

09-15-2009, 05:47 PM         #2
MrAmazing  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It would be easier to just get your diet in check and get serious about working out.

I don't know about all the little tricks to burn one extra calorie, but I do know with a correct diet you will lose weight and you won't need any tricks.
 8 years ago '06        #3
dabigboi305 
space
space
$678 | Props total: 17 17
Thats crazy i never herd of that one.......But like bruh said its what you eat & how you workout you have to be dedicated
 8 years ago '06        #4
composure23 
space
space
$142 | Props total: 147 147
U look good girl
 8 years ago '04        #5
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,392 | Props total: 11758 11758
yeah my mom and grandad been telling me this

and its actually true i just dont like lemons yeah but u drink water and eat a lemon and it helps u burn more calories something in the lemons
 09-16-2009, 08:32 AM         #6
SilverRain  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I exercise I just don't like going to the gym, I dance mostly but space is limited now that I'm in college and I don't do clubs. Thanks for the input! Thanks for the compliment too Composure
 09-16-2009, 12:00 PM         #7
mastakillah21  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ why dont you try and do workouts like Hip Hop Abs or 10 minute trainer??

all you need is a lil space in ur dorm room
 8 years ago '06        #8
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
Just get a real good diet. Then when your in the gym its gonna work it even better.
 09-16-2009, 03:44 PM         #9
gilbydakid  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
any foods that speed up your heart rate increase your metabolism. alot of spicy foods will increase your metabolism.

good luck.
 09-16-2009, 03:47 PM         #10
CALBEAR707  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
From what I have heard it doesn't actually cause you to lose weight. But it does curb your appetite. My stepdad drinks lemon water every morning around 6am, and he says he isn't hungry til around 11 or 12. But you need to have a pitcher, and lots of lemons. Slice up a bunch of lemons and let it brew for a day or two. Drink a glass in the morning when you wake up and before you hit the gym. This should taste extremely lemony, so if it doesn't, than add some more.

Last edited by CALBEAR707; 09-16-2009 at 03:48 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #11
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
 Sammyboi22 said:
Just get a real good diet. Then when your in the gym its gonna work it even better.
^^^^^^^^^^^
There's your answer

What is your diet like? If you are eating correctly, then your metabolism should be speeding up with only 2-3 days of exercise...

Getting fit is about 70-80% diet.
 8 years ago '04        #12
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
Yes, it is true that lemons help in the process of fat loss while improving aerobic capacity.

CALBEAR707 said:
From what I have heard it doesn't actually cause you to lose weight. But it does curb your appetite. My stepdad drinks lemon water every morning around 6am, and he says he isn't hungry til around 11 or 12. But you need to have a pitcher, and lots of lemons. Slice up a bunch of lemons and let it brew for a day or two. Drink a glass in the morning when you wake up and before you hit the gym. This should taste extremely lemony, so if it doesn't, than add some more.
Not eating for 6 hours is a negative thing.
 8 years ago '05        #13
assanlb 
space
space
$851 | Props total: 56 56
I agree. Not eating food until 11 or 12 actually slows down your metabolism, but if that has worked for him, then s**t continue. I lost 120lbs so far with a plan from my personal trainer. He has me doing cardio 6 days a week for an hour, weight training 4 times a week and a very strict diet. It has actually taken me 7 and a half months to lose the weight. I guess that shows how bad my diet was previous to the "lifestyle change" that I've made. I have another 110lbs to lose and I know it will not come off as easy. Every 3 months he changes my workout routine so that my body doesn't get accustomed to it. But really though, no lemons or anything else is going to burn those calories more than diet and exercise. If lemons helps, then go ahead, but don't just rely on that.
 8 years ago '05        #14
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,471 | Props total: 4416 4416
 assanlb said:
I agree. Not eating food until 11 or 12 actually slows down your metabolism, but if that has worked for him, then s**t continue. I lost 120lbs so far with a plan from my personal trainer. He has me doing cardio 6 days a week for an hour, weight training 4 times a week and a very strict diet. It has actually taken me 7 and a half months to lose the weight. I guess that shows how bad my diet was previous to the "lifestyle change" that I've made. I have another 110lbs to lose and I know it will not come off as easy. Every 3 months he changes my workout routine so that my body doesn't get accustomed to it. But really though, no lemons or anything else is going to burn those calories more than diet and exercise. If lemons helps, then go ahead, but don't just rely on that.
-120 lost
-110 to go

wow... way to go pal. Keep that good stuff up.
 09-17-2009, 03:57 PM         #15
SilverRain  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 assanlb said:

congrats, cuz everyone cant do that, i lost 60lbs 4 years ago but I wasn't doing it the right way, i kept it all for 2 years until birth control came into the picture, then i gained back more than i lost :( which is where I'm at now, but I've lost 25 out of the amount i want to lose so... yea... but hey! at least lemons are fruit!
 7 years ago '10        #16
fields1012 
space
space
space
$4 | Props total: 0 0
This is true. Lemons will dissolve fat and so will vinegar. That's why you see people adding lemons to their water and, apple cider vinegar to their salads, pastas, and other food. I tried apple cider vinegar and I've never barfed so much in my life. Eating pickles are ok too though. As far as dieting.. it your regular workout is extreme (insanity) then you need to eat because your body needs that fuel. Just make it healthier. Look it up on either WebMd or youtube.
 7 years ago '05        #17
pYUNEit 
space
space
$707 | Props total: 0 0
try grapefruit, it's amazing for fat burning
 7 years ago '05        #18
egangsta 1 heat pts
space
space
$799 | Props total: 27 27
Eating good and work out at home/ dorm will be great. 5 to 6 small meals or snacks a day with cardio, and weights or home work outs, work out really good. I dont like going to the gym either so i do band work outs.
 09-02-2010, 12:19 AM         #19
tech5c  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 assanlb said:
I'm going to a.ssume you are 350+.

Good job on the weight loss and doing it the right way and not crash dieting.

I suggest starting a new thread to let people know your diet/cardio/workout routines. Some people might be overweight like and afraid to ask questions.

Sorry to kinda hijack this thread.
 7 years ago '09        #20
Gonzilla 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,485 | Props total: 57 57
My mom eats a grapefruit almost every morning I think, before she goes to the park to walk or jog, whatever the hell she does.

I didn't think anything of it, till this thread.

So what is the method, basically? Drink "lemon water" before working out to speed up metabolism?

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
79 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
83 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
85 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
181 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy