car turns on but doesn't start....

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-16-2009, 10:12 AM         #21
c money 100  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaiden05 said:
A good way to check your battery is to turn on all your lights. Try to start your car again, if all the lights dim or goes out. BATTERY!

From experience you can hava a brand new battery but still have a blown cell. When you put your key in the ignition and turn to where your acc lights come on can you hear anything? When you Try to start your car do you hear a " click " ? If so your starter may be stuck and wont engage. If you don't hear anything at all then your starter is operating at all. Get a shop book and locate the starter. It's usually on the back of the engine block and located on the fly wheel. After you find it tap on the back of it and try to start again. If it starts then replace that think. I would then get the battery and alty tested again, just to make sure they didn't cause this failure... PLEASE USE JACKSTANDS/RAMP and Wheel blocks I don't want you to die.

watch that video.. tell me what you think.. lemme know if you need more info
 8 years ago '05        #22
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
 c money 100 said:
watch that video.. tell me what you think.. lemme know if you need more info
I am at work so I can't download anything? You just have to listen to the sounds man. This problem was driving me crazy until I tapped my starter.
 8 years ago '08        #23
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
watched the vid....it looks like the starter..

Last edited by supervillain; 09-16-2009 at 11:21 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #24
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
$20,400 | Props total: 2460 2460
I watched the video too.. its gotta be the starter.
 09-16-2009, 11:46 AM         #25
c money 100  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone else watch it
 09-16-2009, 02:30 PM         #26
gilbydakid  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats a tough call man. you may need to just bring it to the shop. cause even if your starter was bad it would still turn over but if your turning the key and not getting anything but the radio is still turning on your not getting a spark.

have your coil packs checked. remember one thing there is three basic things need to run your car air,spark, and fuel.

does your check engine light stay on when the cars was running?
try taking your neg. battery cable off the battery for 1min and put it back on it will reset all your sensors.

and if you want you can go to your local autoparts store and get a spray i forget the name but you spray your starter while trying to start the car and if it is the start the car will start while your spraying but when you stop the car will die.

and another thing i dont know how old your car is but if your not getting anything at all your timing could be s**t and need to have that fixed.
 8 years ago '08        #27
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
$30,229 | Props total: 8646 8646
It has to be your starter.

Can't be the alternator because the battery would still start the car even if the alternator was bad. As long as the battery is charged it would start (if the alternator was bad). And since you say the battery is new, it can't be that either (unless it's defective...but the radio and everything else works as you said).

So, it has to be the starter.

I didn't watch the video. But, when you turn the key you should only hear a click. If the car isn't even beginning to start/trying to turn over, that means it's the starter.

Not that major of a repair.
 8 years ago '08        #28
space
space
 gilbydakid said:
thats a tough call man. you may need to just bring it to the shop. cause even if your starter was bad it would still turn over but if your turning the key and not getting anything but the radio is still turning on your not getting a spark.
nah, if the starter was bad it wouldnt turn over...it would do exactly what its doing now! maybe a lil tick when he turns the key but thats about it as far as the car starting...
 09-16-2009, 04:12 PM         #29
gilbydakid  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
even if the starter were bad he'd atleast get a click or a serious of clicks.

but since everyone is so dead set on the starter start by checking the starter for a loose ground wire before you go out and buy a whole new starter.

i can be almost positive that its a loose connection somewhere start by checking that. check your battery cables also mainly the positive cable.

and everyone please save me the story about how you had the same problem and brought the car to a shop and thats what they said. cause its a good chance you got r*ped. :greetings10:

edit: also check your relays. do all this before you go to the shop.
 09-16-2009, 04:58 PM         #30
mastakillah21  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have an 03 Audi A4 .... 2 mornings in a row now, I start it up and then it stalls.... then when I start it back up its fine? Only happens in the morning any idea what it could be?
 09-16-2009, 06:34 PM         #31
gilbydakid  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mastakillah21 said:
I have an 03 Audi A4 .... 2 mornings in a row now, I start it up and then it stalls.... then when I start it back up its fine? Only happens in the morning any idea what it could be?
shouldnt be jackin dudes thread. but possibly fuel filter. condensation built up somewhere under the hood might have a leaky vacuum hose.

have your fuel system cleaned it suppose to be done every 15k miles and make sure your air filter isnt dirty either if so change that.

but back on topic any luck with getting your car started bro?
 09-16-2009, 06:36 PM         #32
c money 100  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gilbydakid said:
shouldnt be jackin dudes thread. but possibly fuel filter. condensation built up somewhere under the hood might have a leaky vacuum hose.

have your fuel system cleaned it suppose to be done every 15k miles and make sure your air filter isnt dirty either if so change that.

Word, make your own thread boul.. but uhmm im at work all day im gonna try tomorrow ill let you know.
 09-16-2009, 06:39 PM         #33
gilbydakid  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 c money 100 said:
Word, make your own thread boul.. but uhmm im at work all day im gonna try tomorrow ill let you know.
good luck with that man. its a b**ch when your whip breaks down real big inconvenience.
 8 years ago '05        #34
jkrhomies8 
space
space
$736 | Props total: 2 2
 gilbydakid said:

listen to this man he knows what he talking about i had the same problem with my nissan a couple of months ago and changed the fuel filter and now its working fine
 8 years ago '05        #35
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 gilbydakid said:

have your coil packs checked. remember one thing there is three basic things need to run your car air,spark, and fuel.

does your check engine light stay on when the cars was running?
try taking your neg. battery cable off the battery for 1min and put it back on it will reset all your sensors.

and if you want you can go to your local autoparts store and get a spray i forget the name but you spray your starter while trying to start the car and if it is the start the car will start while your spraying but when you stop the car will die.

and another thing i dont know how old your car is but if your not getting anything at all your timing could be s**t and need to have that fixed.

Gilb my dude. When I had a faulty starter it do nothing. No spinning just a click from the ignition. After taking the starter out I noticed notches on the teeth and maybe that why I didn't hear it spin. It wont hurt for him to trouble shoot by tapping it and trying to start it again. It'll save him the money for a shop just to look at it.
 8 years ago '05        #36
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 gilbydakid said:

That'll be my guess too.
 09-17-2009, 11:18 AM         #37
mastakillah21  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hahahahahah my bad to jack ur thread bro... but figured why start a new one when I could jus toss my q in dis one ya digg.. anyways.. props for the answer ima change my filter tm n see if that works
 8 years ago '08        #38
space
space
it CANT be the fuel filter...if it was the fuel filter the car would atleast try to turn over or make some kindof engine noise...but from what hes saying and from the video...it sounds like the starter....

Last edited by supervillain; 09-17-2009 at 12:21 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #39
jkrhomies8 
space
space
$736 | Props total: 2 2
 Mathematic said:
it CANT be the fuel filter...if it was the fuel filter the car would atleast try to turn over or make some kindof engine noise...but from what hes saying and from the video...it sounds like the starter....
that was the suggestion for the second guy not the thread starter
 09-17-2009, 03:30 PM         #40
gilbydakid  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaiden05 said:
Gilb my dude. When I had a faulty starter it do nothing. No spinning just a click from the ignition. After taking the starter out I noticed notches on the teeth and maybe that why I didn't hear it spin. It wont hurt for him to trouble shoot by tapping it and trying to start it again. It'll save him the money for a shop just to look at it.
i went back and told him that, to check the starter ground wire or check his starter relay. its not making any noise at all so there is a possibility that the start of the problem is before the starter (no pun).

mainly starters go bad cause people cant get there car started first turn so they turn the key and hold it for a few seconds, but people dont realize your starter gets extremly hot when you hold the key for more than 3 seconds when it gets that hot teeth will start to bend and break.

and thats why i say check the ground wire and relay and even the battery cables since he just got a new battery.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
24 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
82 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
44 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
133 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy