Sep 13 - RNS Ripping Group Busted

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
204 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
250 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
176 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1
10758 pageviews
78 comments

Eminem313 2 heat pts
space
space
$813 | Props total: 0 0
Sep 13 - RNS Ripping Group Busted

Feds bust world's most prolific music piracy ring
Posted in Crime, 10th September 2009 23:34 GMT

Six men have been accused of running the world's most prolific music piracy ring, an online crew federal prosecutors allege delivered more than 25,000 copyrighted albums, often before they were officially released.

As members of Rabid Neurosis, or RNS as the group was called, they tapped insiders at music retailers, radio stations, and CD manufacturing plants, who were able to get their hands on music titles before their commercial release in the US. In other cases, they turned to affiliates elsewhere in the world, who were able to supply music that was not yet available in America.

"These reproductions were done for the benefit of the members of RNS and other affiliated piracy groups, in that, by getting a reputation for providing pirated materials that were previously unavailable on the piracy scene, RNS members were granted access to massive libraries of pirated music, video games, software and movies," prosecutors alleged in court documents filed Wednesday.

The claim of personal benefit is important, since sentencing guidelines frequently require a showing that copyright infringers financially gained from their activities.
Wednesday's indictment, filed in US District Court in the Eastern District of Virginia, named Adil R. Cassim, 29, of Granada Hills, California, the alleged leader of the group, Matthew D. Chow, 28, of Missouri City, Texas, Bennie L. Glover, 35, of Shelby, North Carolina, an employee of a CD production plant, and Edward Mohan II, 46, of Baltimore.

Each was charged with a single count of conspiracy to commit copyright infringement. If convicted each faces a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a fine of $250,000, in addition to a possible order to pay restitution.

Patrick L. Saunders, 30, of Brooklyn, New York, was charged in August and pleaded guilty on Tuesday to one count of copyright infringement. James A. Dockery, 39, of Mooresboro, North Carolina was charged on Tuesday.

Chow, intends to plead not guilty during a court appearance scheduled for next week, his Houston-based attorney, Terry W. Yates, said. Attorneys for the remaining defendants couldn't be reached for comment.

According to Saunders's plea agreement, RNS willfully infringed more than 25,000 copyrighted titles during its decade in operation. Its first release was in 1996, with a copy of Metallica's Ride the Lightning, and its final official act was the posting of Fall Out Boy's Infinity on High in January 2007. In March 2006, an RNS member distributed Cassandra Wilson's Thunderbird album about a month before its commercial release.

"During its existence, RNS was generally viewed as the most successful internet music piracy release group in the world," the agreement, which was signed by Saunders, stated.

Source:
[pic - click to view]

Feds bust world's most prolific music piracy ring • The Register

Damn even though they have been gone for 2 years, the scene hasn't been the same and you really can't trust any of these others groups anymore. RNS=Official, and anyone who remotely knows anything with the scene knows it. Truly a sad, sad day...:sad34:

78 comments for "Sep 13 - RNS Ripping Group Busted"

09-13-2009, 06:33 PM         #2
D3adlyHandSom3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Geez...
 8 years ago '04        #3
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
there goes our leaks...
 8 years ago '04        #4
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
I bet the founder doesn't feel half bad about being outed from the group anymore ..

But damn... as careful as they were to hide their a.sses I wonder what it was that did them in..

Last edited by A.G; 09-13-2009 at 06:46 PM..
 09-13-2009, 06:49 PM         #5
Halftimee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah it is def a sad day and if anything can be learned from their experience it's this: don't share music, support the artists legally.
 8 years ago '05        #6
bgj887 
space
space
$1,517 | Props total: 30 30
damn and rns is from years ago
 8 years ago '04        #7
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,378 | Props total: 463 463
 jeehtoven said:
there goes our leaks...
man u can't even call these s**ts leaks......when that ripping group was holding s**t down back in the day albums would leak sometimes months in advance

not to mention the advance copies that used to drop before the retail.

man those were the days man
 8 years ago '04        #8
# 58 
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 100 100
f**k....my favorite group of all time

RIP RN$
 8 years ago '05        #9
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
I thought they were busted years ago.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #10
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,669 | Props total: 2201 2201
I thought they broke up a long time ago..either way they were legends in the scene game lol
 8 years ago '04        #11
dgangsta 
space
space
space
$1,771 | Props total: 0 0
dam... these dudes ran it back in the day

rip:sad5:
 8 years ago '04        #12
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 jewelz1132 said:
I thought they broke up a long time ago..either way they were legends in the scene game lol
They joined with another group but mostly stopped ripping.

And from what I'm hearing these dudes actually got done in by talking about scene s**t on AIM..
I don't know how credible that is but
 8 years ago '04        #13
Roastahoe 
space
space
$835 | Props total: 3 3
Rip R*S
 8 years ago '07        #14
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,777 | Props total: 1306 1306
RNS is legendary. Hope they dont get too jammed up by all this.
 8 years ago '06        #15
~ KiLLa KaZi ~ 
space
space
space
$4,865 | Props total: 97 97
 jeehtoven said:
there goes our leaks...
 8 years ago '06        #16
SpeedLimits65 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,133 | Props total: 2 2
 Halftimee said:
Yeah it is def a sad day and if anything can be learned from their experience it's this: don't share music, support the artists legally.

i support them by spreading the word, going to shows, and getting merch.
you moralfags don't seem to understand: we support the artist. we don't support the RIAA.
 8 years ago '09        #17
DesertEagle 48 heat pts48
space
space
$7,984 | Props total: 1865 1865
Been a long time since I heard anything about RNS.
 8 years ago '05        #18
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
lol at buying cds to support artists... if i bought cds id just be supporting the major labels that r*pe the artists.
 09-13-2009, 08:29 PM         #19
dahurricaneg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Leaks will always be there..the one homie that stated advanced leaks were the s**t..is right they were that is what will not come out as often as before..leaks will still happen..remember back when RNS and the scene was still some what unde the radar..s**t would come out not a week or days in advance but sometimes a month or 2.5 weeks before the release date..

The leader (who was kicked out as homie said) what was his nick name on MIRC? I think it was Havok or something..that dude was mad homo..thought he was on top because he was bootlegging MP3's LOL..they used to battle EGO..the other ripping group..
 8 years ago '04        #20
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 dahurricaneg said:
Leaks will always be there..the one homie that stated advanced leaks were the s**t..is right they were that is what will not come out as often as before..leaks will still happen..remember back when RNS and the scene was still some what unde the radar..s**t would come out not a week or days in advance but sometimes a month or 2.5 weeks before the release date..

The leader (who was kicked out as homie said) what was his nick name on MIRC? I think it was Havok or something..that dude was mad homo..thought he was on top because he was bootlegging MP3's LOL..they used to battle EGO..the other ripping group..
Al Capone... He was a cool dude but he got kicked out cause he founded the group and didn't rip anymore.. So the current leader turned everyone against him and kicked him out...

That was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago though.

Last edited by A.G; 09-13-2009 at 08:36 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
72 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
45 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
80 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy