Broncos VS Bengals - GAME THREAD - On CBS @ 10AM

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
118 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who is going to win? Broncos or Bengals?
Broncos will win 4 30.77%
Bengals will win 9 69.23%
Tie 0 0%
Voters: 13. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #1
9396 pageviews
264 comments

katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1319 1319
Broncos VS Bengals - GAME THREAD - On CBS @ 10AM

Denver Broncos

[pic - click to view]

VS

Cincinnati Bengals

[pic - click to view]

10am Western/Pacific Time/1pm Eastern Time

Who you got winning? Also holler if you want to do an AVY bet!

[pic - click to view]

VS

[pic - click to view]

Television = CBS

I personally think this will be a very close game, with the Broncos winning by 3 points :dancingcool:

Down to do an AVY bet with any of yall Bengals fans that want
Cant wait to see Dawkins and Champ together on D! :applause:
Also should be good to see how Palmer is after all those injuries!

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

LAST MEETING

The last meeting between the two teams was back in 2006. A bad snap on an extra point with less than a minute to play doomed the visiting Bengals as they lost to the Broncos, 24-23, in Week 16 of the 2006 season.

Streaks
The Broncos own a commanding overall series lead, 16-8, and have won 10 of the past 12 meetings.

Keep your eye on ...

Kyle Orton's finger injury: Denver's starting quarterback dislocated the knuckle under his right index finger in the team's third preseason game and his status for the season-opener is uncertain. He returned to practice Tuesday and threw accurate short passes, according to The a.ssociated Press. If he plays, he will be in the spotlight after he was acquired from Chicago as part of a trade involving Jay Cutler in the offseason.

Carson Palmer's protection: After missing the final 11 games last year with an elbow injury and sitting out most of the preseason with an ankle ailment, the Bengals star QB has not had much playing time over the past year. In order for Palmer to avoid more injuries and return to his Pro Bowl form, Cincinnati's rebuilt offensive line must do a great job of protecting him against a Broncos pass rush that was impressive in the preseason.

Josh McDaniels roaming the sideline: The Broncos' new coach made waves in the offseason by trading Cutler, jettisoning several veterans and signing a bevy of free agents. His first chance to show he made the right moves comes Sunday against Cincinnati.

Did you know?
Denver has the AFC's best Week 1 record, having posted a 31-17-1 mark all-time in season-openers. ... The Broncos surrendered a league-low 12 sacks last season. ... When Bengals RB Cedric Benson gets 20 or more carries, his teams are 7-0-1.

KEY MATCHUP

Denver DE Elvis Dumervil vs. Cincinnati OT Andrew Whitworth
With a healthy Carson Palmer, the Bengals can move the ball and score a lot of points. Forget about 2008, when Palmer was injured much of the season. In the three previous years, when Palmer was healthy, the Bengals scored 1,174 points -– 390 points per season. Whitworth is one of the reasons for that. He has outstanding athletic ability, long arms, very good feet and is extremely powerful. He has a chance to be a Pro Bowl player this year if Cincinnati has a good season. Whitworth was injured after starting the first 10 games last season and didn't play the rest of the way, so the Bengals are happy to have him back.

Dumervil plays outside linebacker/defensive end in the Broncos' new 3-4 defensive scheme. He's had 26 sacks in his first three seasons. He is very quick and moves well in all directions. He is hard to block and never quits trying to make the play.

[code]http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009091303/2009/REG1/broncos@bengals[/code]

**AVY BET = ONE WEEK WITH OTHER TEAMS TEAM LOGO AS YOUR AVY IF YA GET IT WRONG**

***Avy bets......... BRONCOS WIN = katalist BENGALS WIN = Akilleez***

Last edited by katalist; 09-12-2009 at 12:27 AM..

264 comments for "Broncos VS Bengals - GAME THREAD - On CBS @ 10AM"

8 years ago '98        #2
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,191 | Props total: 3571 3571
10 AM? you must be on West Coast time

BENGALS
 8 years ago '05        #3
katalist 229 heat pts229 OP
space
space
 ronnie said:
10 AM? you must be on West Coast time

BENGALS

Yup, westcoast over here. I also posted the eastcoast time aswell
10am Pacific Time/1pm Eastern Time

I do hate these earlyier games, but gotta get up for my Broncos

Last edited by katalist; 09-11-2009 at 12:30 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #4
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,054 | Props total: 18818 18818
I'm worried about their runningbacks keeping their offense on the field for long, sustained drives.....

also worried about Maualuga on defense....hopefully he isn't bursting through the middle and knocking the s**t outta Orten....

overall it will be interesting to see how Dawkins, Marshall and Moreno perform....
 8 years ago '05        #5
space
space
 RAZAH CUTS said:
I'm worried about their runningbacks keeping their offense on the field for long, sustained drives.....

also worried about Maualuga on defense....hopefully he isn't bursting through the middle and knocking the s**t outta Orten....

overall it will be interesting to see how Dawkins, Marshall and Moreno perform....
Yeah Maualuga is the one thing im worried about. Not as worried about stopping the run this year when compared to last year, I think we will be pretty improved on D this year, especially stopping the run.

If Palmer and Ocho gets on fire that could cause us some issues to.

I agree about being interested to see how the homie Moreno plays, I just hope hes close to 100% after the injury. Dawkins and Champ on D!! Cant wait :applause:

On the positive side of things, they dont have the best D in the NFL, if our Offense can get the ball to Royal and Marshall alot without many turnovers I think well be good.

Should be a close game though, not expecting a blow out for either team.

Last edited by katalist; 09-11-2009 at 12:53 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #6
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,164 | Props total: 957 957
Hey, good post for a game.. I like the detail.
 8 years ago '05        #7
space
space
 DymeKatcha said:
Thanks bud :dancingcool: :cool-smiley-009::cool-smiley-009:
 8 years ago '05        #8
DaDon23 65 heat pts65
space
space
$18,398 | Props total: 8073 8073
:dancingcool: been waiting to see my broncs play since week 17 last year :scared2:
 8 years ago '06        #9
space
space
 katalist said:
Yeah Maualuga is the one thing im worried about. Not as worried about stopping the run this year when compared to last year, I think we will be pretty improved on D this year, especially stopping the run.

If Palmer and Ocho gets on fire that could cause us some issues to.

I agree about being interested to see how the homie Moreno plays, I just hope hes close to 100% after the injury. Dawkins and Champ on D!! Cant wait :applause:

On the positive side of things, they dont have the best D in the NFL, if our Offense can get the ball to Royal and Marshall alot without many turnovers I think well be good.

Should be a close game though, not expecting a blow out for either team.
lol, I'm very worried about our run D....very....lol, we'll have to see what happens.....

I agree about wantin to see champ and B Dawk out there at the same time!!

hopefully Marshall ain't rusty or anything.....I know E Roy is ready to ball....
 8 years ago '04        #10
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
lol Kyle Orton may actually get to throw it deep their safety is Roy Williams :applause:

im calling it 334 passing yds 3 TDs 1 INT for Kyle Orton.
 8 years ago '06        #11
space
space
 K1Entertainment said:
lol Kyle Orton may actually get to throw it deep their safety is Roy Williams :applause:

im calling it 334 passing yds 3 TDs 1 INT for Kyle Orton.
lol, never underestimate a man with somethin to prove....Roy may not be s**t in coverage, but I know he still gonna bring the wood....

as far as those stats for Orton.....well......lets hope....
 8 years ago '04        #12
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
lol I don't even care I am just happy football is back!

as long as the Broncos play hard and play with heart that is all I ask to see.

too many times last year I was just disgusted after a game because it would seem they just gave up at times, body language from the team especially Cutler was very f**ken emo at times.

btw why does this write up call Doom a DE? hes a OLB/DE but mainly a OLB now.

Last edited by K1; 09-11-2009 at 01:54 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #13
space
space
 K1Entertainment said:

too many times last year I was just disgusted after a game because it would seem they just gave up at times,
I agree, I have a good feelign about our defense this year, I really think we can be improved over last year. So many games last year or defense made me SMH, especailly when stopping the run. I really hope we can do a better job this year vs the run (which i think we can improve from last year quite a bit with new players and new D cordinator).

No idea about teh Dummervil comment, it was just on the NFL page when i copied it.

NFL football is back!! Lets get it Broncos! :applause: :dancingcool: :agreement6:

Last edited by katalist; 09-11-2009 at 05:45 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #14
space
space
 RAZAH CUTS said:
lol, I'm very worried about our run D....very....lol, we'll have to see what happens.....
Cant be any worse then we where last year at stopping the run! Only way it up playa! haha. I think our new Defensive Cordinator and the few additions we made will help us improve vs the run. I sure hope Im right though, cuz some games last year I was shaking my head at how some teams could just run the ball down our throats.

Where all the BENGALS fans at? Someone gotta have me a avy bet!

Last edited by katalist; 09-11-2009 at 05:48 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #15
JaeHood313 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,423 | Props total: 128 128
after that left handed throw I saw Orton make I was even more convinced dude was a.ss and has an issue with that finger on his throwing hand.
You bronco fans really think he will out play Palmer sunday?
 8 years ago '09        #16
Akilleez 
space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 23 23
palmers back at 100%, chad aint talkin no more s**t, and been workin his a** off, we got 3 RB's, jeremy johnsons healthy, and chris henry on the opposite side of chad.............WEAPONS.... and im already expectin' the hate for all of that.

plus keith rivers is back, maualuga is starting, and tank is cloggin the middle..... its lookin' a lilttle dangerous for the broncos...

should definately be a great game tho. lookin' forward to seein' how brandon marshall performs, and if orton was worth it.
 8 years ago '08        #17
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,783 | Props total: 9051 9051
The Bengals should win and have a great season.
 8 years ago '05        #18
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
 DymeKatcha said:
i concur.... very well done
 8 years ago '04        #19
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
 JaeHood313 said:
after that left handed throw I saw Orton make I was even more convinced dude was a.ss and has an issue with that finger on his throwing hand.
You bronco fans really think he will out play Palmer sunday?
lol yeah it looked bad but it was 4th down and the defender was holding his right arm so he just tried to make a play since either way it was going to be a turnover of the football, so he tried to pull something out of his a.ss for a TD, obviously it didn't work but yeah that throw is a lil overblown.
 8 years ago '12        #20
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,986 | Props total: 1251 1251
I dont know how bad the Bengals will be this year, but regardless, they will win this one

If they don't, we can go ahead and throw in the towel, b/c it's a wrap.

No way the Broncos win more than 4 games.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy