Heroes Season 4 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
231 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #621
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,780 | Props total: 2260 2260
If this show does come back for another season they have to make it 5-10 years from the finale just like the 5 years gone episode with lots of characters having a change and some being dead in various ways. The villain needs to be on some Lex Luthor meets Magneto s**t and hes has full control of the world and the humans would be freely mixed in the population with Heroes but there is lots of fear going on. Hiro should either be dead or living outside of the timeline so that way he cannot go back and keep trying to change s**t. If they were to make it like this than they can have lots of backstory going on throughout the season explaining what happened to get them to this point and how it will be resolved. I swear if they go back to a company type story line again I will shoot Tim Kring in the f**king head.
 02-09-2010, 10:35 PM         #622
Atlanta  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^

no you wont
 8 years ago '08        #623
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 modalee81 said:
If this show does come back for another season they have to make it 5-10 years from the finale just like the 5 years gone episode with lots of characters having a change and some being dead in various ways. The villain needs to be on some Lex Luthor meets Magneto s**t and hes has full control of the world and the humans would be freely mixed in the population with Heroes but there is lots of fear going on. Hiro should either be dead or living outside of the timeline so that way he cannot go back and keep trying to change s**t. If they were to make it like this than they can have lots of backstory going on throughout the season explaining what happened to get them to this point and how it will be resolved. I swear if they go back to a company type story line again I will shoot Tim Kring in the f**king head.
That's actually a very good idea. A damn good idea. Except, what we saw future Hiro doing in 5 years gone by was actually a good idea. Make him dark and have him focused on trying to fix what went wrong with all of the newspaper clippings and timelines.

And it wouldn't hurt to throw in the fate/destiny thing.

Last edited by KarteL13; 02-09-2010 at 11:50 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #624
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
samuel could still be a good villain.. i like the idea of passing five+ years.. have samuel rotting in a prison somewhere and some villains come to break him out.

samuel has the power to be one of the strongest characters on the show.. if he got enough villains around him he would be some crazy s**t.
 8 years ago '09        #625
Chalky 303 heat pts303
space
space
$27,371 | Props total: 17459 17459
 I'm The Dan said:
samuel could still be a good villain.. i like the idea of passing five+ years.. have samuel rotting in a prison somewhere and some villains come to break him out.

samuel has the power to be one of the strongest characters on the show.. if he got enough villains around him he would be some crazy s**t.
Well according to one ep samuel didn't need help from an envovled to bring down an mansion and a police station

but lost his powers when 5 envolvleds was still in the carnivile

but he was abel to pick up a stone when he was next to joseph
 8 years ago '04        #626
Capital S 
space
space
space
$192 | Props total: 357 357
Peter didn't take sylar's power he just got his original powers back. If you remember Samuel bumped into him earlier in the season and told Peter he needs to be empathic. Peter lost his ways of empathy which was the key to his powers. By finally letting go of all his anger towards everything Mom/Dad, Nathan and most importantly Sylar he was able to gain control of his powers again.... I still wanted a bigger showdown in the finale and dis season was short as s**t. Interesting to see how it plays out....how will the "heroes" respond when the world starts to hate them and come from the them on some x men s**t.
 02-10-2010, 04:36 PM         #627
tj.iscool  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In a recent interview, Heroes creator Tim Kring explained the direction the show has taken over the last four years by comparing his story creation style with a video game development ideal known as "agile methodology."
Heroes creator using video game development ideals to ruin his show

Heroes recently concluded its fourth season, to very little fanfare. As a fan of the first season, I can attribute my current apathy for the program with a laundry list of complaints--the show's extreme reluctance to k!ll off central characters and their extreme reliance on bringing characters back from the grave, the lack of escalation in each season's threat, and the constantly-changing moral affiliations of its characters. The Onion AV Club recently had the chance to speak with series creator Tim Kring about the show's decline, and while he doesn't blame his reliance on a video game design ethic, you can see how it might not be the best way to create a weekly TV program. Here's the excerpt:

AV Club: If everyone's focused on their own storyline, how is it possible to keep track of the bigger picture of the season?

Tim Kring: What we do is break the stories one at a time, then we work in what’s called sprints—a sprint is, like, four episodes.

AVC: Funny you call it a sprint, since Sprint is this huge show sponsor.

TK: Well actually, it comes from "agile methodology," which came out of game design. We use some of the same ideas, like using iteration and mistakes to help you along the way. You never really know where you’re going--you're only seeing as far as your headlights all the time, so you can keep readjusting. On a TV show, there are huge issues that come up that a lot of people don’t realize. Locations fall through, actors aren't available, suddenly actors don't have chemistry and you’ve banked an entire season of love story around them, etc. You have to be really agile. If you don’t have an actor under contract and they get a movie, you no longer have George Takei to work with.

Compare this methodology to, say, Lost, which has learned from its mistakes, but is able to see far past its "headlights," as the creators have stated that the end-game was clear from the beginning and made sure to set a specific end of the show. I'm not even sure great video games are created as "on-the-fly" as Kring has helmed Heroes. I hope that, for example, BioWare knows how they're going to end the Mass Effect series, and have some ideas of the new gameplay features they'll incorporate in the future.

8 years ago '08        #628
KarteL13 
space
space
space
 tj.iscool said:
In a recent interview, Heroes creator Tim Kring explained the direction the show has taken over the last four years by comparing his story creation style with a video game development ideal known as "agile methodology."

Heroes recently concluded its fourth season, to very little fanfare. As a fan of the first season, I can attribute my current apathy for the program with a laundry list of complaints--the show's extreme reluctance to k!ll off central characters and their extreme reliance on bringing characters back from the grave, the lack of escalation in each season's threat, and the constantly-changing moral affiliations of its characters. The Onion AV Club recently had the chance to speak with series creator Tim Kring about the show's decline, and while he doesn't blame his reliance on a video game design ethic, you can see how it might not be the best way to create a weekly TV program. Here's the excerpt:

AV Club: If everyone's focused on their own storyline, how is it possible to keep track of the bigger picture of the season?

Tim Kring: What we do is break the stories one at a time, then we work in what’s called sprints—a sprint is, like, four episodes.

TK: Well actually, it comes from "agile methodology," which came out of game design. We use some of the same ideas, like using iteration and mistakes to help you along the way. You never really know where you’re going--you're only seeing as far as your headlights all the time, so you can keep readjusting. On a TV show, there are huge issues that come up that a lot of people don’t realize. Locations fall through, actors aren't available, suddenly actors don't have chemistry and you’ve banked an entire season of love story around them, etc. You have to be really agile. If you don’t have an actor under contract and they get a movie, you no longer have George Takei to work with.

Compare this methodology to, say, Lost, which has learned from its mistakes, but is able to see far past its "headlights," as the creators have stated that the end-game was clear from the beginning and made sure to set a specific end of the show. I'm not even sure great video games are created as "on-the-fly" as Kring has helmed Heroes. I hope that, for example, BioWare knows how they're going to end the Mass Effect series, and have some ideas of the new gameplay features they'll incorporate in the future.

The whole "extreme reluctance to k!ll off central characters" is just flat-out absurd. The Heroes crew has a core group of characters that are pretty untouchable. Kind of like LOST has their central characters.
 8 years ago '05        #629
lamarowns 
space
space
$1,955 | Props total: 603 603
Peter didn't take sylar's power he just got his original powers back. If you remember Samuel bumped into him earlier in the season and told Peter he needs to be empathic. Peter lost his ways of empathy which was the key to his powers. By finally letting go of all his anger towards everything Mom/Dad, Nathan and most importantly Sylar he was able to gain control of his powers again.... I still wanted a bigger showdown in the finale and dis season was short as s**t. Interesting to see how it plays out....how will the "heroes" respond when the world starts to hate them and come from the them on some x men s**t.
as much as me and every other heroes fans wants season 1 pete back he isnt yet..when he does it shuld b epic not like u say it was and by not even him mentioning that he has is og power back
 8 years ago '08        #630
tdnupe3 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,072 | Props total: 12270 12270
 tj.iscool said:

good interview. I can see both sides of the argument. Kring is saying that he working with what he has. It's not his fault if the network doesn't lock the actors into a contract for an entire season. but on the other hand, he just admitted that he is pretty much working on the fly. which is very evident in the storyline of the show. I wouldn't go as far as to say the he is using video game development ideals to ruin the show.
 8 years ago '06        #631
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,780 | Props total: 2260 2260
Kring should have done what Lost did and made it so that there was a clear end to the story so that way it could have a beginning middle and end but instead hes writing s**t on the fly which is evident by the consistent drop in quality from season 1.
 8 years ago '04        #632
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12

LOST s**ts on this show
 8 years ago '08        #633
KarteL13 
space
space
space
 modalee81 said:
Kring should have done what Lost did and made it so that there was a clear end to the story so that way it could have a beginning middle and end but instead hes writing s**t on the fly which is evident by the consistent drop in quality from season 1.
The best idea they had was already taken by The 4400, which was basically season 1 stretched out.

I know one problem they have is that they film in Downtown L.A. That's why their budget ballooned so high. I use to be drive by there hitting up a bar while they had streets blocked off for filming.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
23 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
91 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy