Heroes Season 4 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
131 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #21
lamarowns 
space
space
$1,955 | Props total: 603 603
Can't wait end of vol 4 was so so but seems they got a good story 4 us so lets see
 09-17-2009, 08:04 PM         #22
DHARMA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KarteL13 said:
Jesus, you're a terrible poster. Mods, delete this lames thread and let mine be the official thread.
Mine was made 2 weeks ago and yours today...
 09-17-2009, 09:14 PM         #23
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DHARMA said:
Heroes has so many continuity errors that they try to cover up with alternate time lines. Of course, I understand that some of it just couldn't fit within the season, but so much sloppiness and unused story lines made it one of the worst shows on TV at a certain point.

I love Sylar, but his character was really poorly written throughout the whole Volume since Season 2, as were the story lines he was featured in. The writers need to be firm in where they take a TV series, this isn't a soap opera.

deaths on Heroes have no consequence and that makes for sloppy TV. Even the Nathan/Sylar thing that they have going on now will be predictable to a certain degree. It would be much better if Heroes had a beginning, middle, and end...but it's too late for that now.

They never k!ll off anyone. Whenever they k!ll someone, they develop a healing ability (Father Petrelli, Peter, Nathan, Claire) an identical twin sister turns up (Niki/Tracy) or someone transforms into them. (Nathan, again.) Seriously, the writers should k!ll people for once! At least the Lost writers aren't afraid to k!ll, Charlie, Boone, Shannon, Michael.

From the original main cast, only the following have died:

Simone - Minority, female.
Isaac - Minority
DL - Minority
Niki - Female, replaced by Tracy
Nathan - Replaced by Sylar

Now let's see who has died and been brought back:

1. Claire (during The Eclipse ... seriously, that was lame)
2. DL (we had a.ssumed he died after Linderman shot him, then "Four Months Ago" reveals that no, he survived only to be k!lled later )
3. Hiro (nosebleed)
4. Parkman (super cliffhanger with him being strapped to the bombs ... then nothing. Back to season 1 when he was shot like 8 times)
5. Micah (supposedly k!lled by Danko)
6. Noah (shot by Mohinder then brought back)
7. Peter (Every. Single. Episode)
8. Nathan (explosion at the end of Season 1. Note that Peter could've flown by himself)
9. Sylar (Every. Single. Episode)

[spoiler - click to view]

Heroes has gone from a 9/10 series to a 2/10 series.
This and many other reasons is why I say that 4400 was so much better than any season Heroes has had.
 09-17-2009, 09:21 PM         #24
DHARMA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 billieskeet said:
This and many other reasons is why I say that 4400 was so much better than any season Heroes has had.
I wish 4400 stayed around longer, Heroes is a poor man's 4400...:greetings10:

...but then again it is USA's fault...

Last edited by DHARMA; 09-17-2009 at 09:22 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #25
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 billieskeet said:
i actually really enjoyed the 4400 but none of their seasons is fukking with Heroes season 1. Season 1 of Heroes is up the with the best of them.
 8 years ago '06        #26
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,781 | Props total: 2260 2260
4400 was wack it was cheap production value like watching a steven segal movie.
 09-17-2009, 09:44 PM         #27
DHARMA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KarteL13 said:
i actually really enjoyed the 4400 but none of their seasons is fukking with Heroes season 1. Season 1 of Heroes is up the with the best of them.
Heroes Season 1 was good up until the Finale, from there then it went to the level of "As the World Turns" or "Passions"...
 8 years ago '06        #28
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 DHARMA said:
Heroes Season 1 was good up until the Finale, from there then it went to the level of "As the World Turns" or "Passions"...
Naw man Heroes Season was just as good as Losts season 1 and I love Lost more than any show ever. The s**t was perfect with mystery, character development, story arc, and special effects. The finale wasnt a huge battle like we expected but that didnt ruin anything for me.

Honestly Heroes season 3 first half was very f**king good it felt like the show was finally on track but then they went back to the same tired formula with The Hunter and Petrelli trying to hunt down the mutants.
 8 years ago '08        #29
KarteL13 
space
space
space
 modalee81 said:
Naw man Heroes Season was just as good as Losts season 1 and I love Lost more than any show ever. The s**t was perfect with mystery, character development, story arc, and special effects. The finale wasnt a huge battle like we expected but that didnt ruin anything for me.

Honestly Heroes season 3 first half was very f**king good it felt like the show was finally on track but then they went back to the same tired formula with The Hunter and Petrelli trying to hunt down the mutants.
I actually prefer the Fugitives volume over Villains. And if people want to speak on continuity, watch the episode "Something unexpected" from season 1 and you'll see that Nathan had that agenda from the get go. He was telling Simone that if it was up to him, he would have them in labs and locked away from society in a remote island.

The only issue I've had with Heroes (and very minor) was the lack of explaination on certain situations as well as lack of epic showdowns.

To talk down on the k!lling off characters is absurd. Do you really think Lost would k!ll off Kate, Jack, Ben, Sawyer, or Locke?
 09-17-2009, 10:21 PM         #30
DHARMA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KarteL13 said:
I actually prefer the Fugitives volume over Villains. And if people want to speak on continuity, watch the episode "Something unexpected" from season 1 and you'll see that Nathan had that agenda from the get go. He was telling Simone that if it was up to him, he would have them in labs and locked away from society in a remote island.

The only issue I've had with Heroes (and very minor) was the lack of explaination on certain situations as well as lack of epic showdowns.

To talk down on the k!lling off characters is absurd. Do you really think Lost would k!ll off Kate, Jack, Ben, Sawyer, or Locke?
Locke is dead...

...they can still die is S6

I suggested people stay dead and characters that should die to move Heroes in the right direction...
 8 years ago '08        #31
KarteL13 
space
space
space
 DHARMA said:
Locke is dead...

...they can still die is S6

I suggested people stay dead and characters that should die to move Heroes in the right direction...
Lost didn't k!ll off a major character until season 3 (Charlie). And when they did k!ll him off, they'd come back as ghosts. It's kind of the same thing as Nathan. Nathan is gone (ironically k!lled off in Season 3). They'll play with it for a few episodes but after that, he's gone. It's sets it up for all chaos because Peter, Claire, and many others still have no clue that Sylar k!lled Nathan. Just like Lost, Heroes has its chore of characters that won't be k!lled off. So to expect otherwise, is your bad.
 09-17-2009, 10:56 PM         #32
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KarteL13 said:
Season 1 was a big letdown. Yeah, they did the build up right, but what's the point of doing the build up right and you messed up in the end. That's like a guy getting a steal, crossing up the defense, then blowing the dunk. If you don't finish it right then the in between is irrelevant. The only time I can think of Heroes doing a f!ght/action correctly, was the "Cold Snap" ep.

And comparing Heroes to Lost is like comparing Lil Mama to Angelina Jolie, it just doesn't work.

If Heroes want their ratings to go back up they gotta do a couple things.

1) Explain ppl's powers and stop going back and forth to what they can do. And if you're not sure, then don't explain at all and keep it consistent

2) Expand ppl's powers, they have done this with Tracy and Matt, but not really at all wit anyone else

3) If you're gonna have annoying characters, at least make them relevant to the viewer (Hayden)

4) Give more shine to your good/interesting characters (HRG, Sylar, Danko, Tracy, Puppet Master, Knox, Elle)

5) When you have a good storyline going, don't it cut it off short (Sylar and his dad, Sylar and the shapeshifter, Danko and his side chick, Adam and his longevity they could make a whole season about just this, even Tracy and Micah was interesting)

6) Don't turn Sylar good ever again, at least not seriously

7) Don't introduce characters as serious threats then b**ch them out (shapeshifter, Elle, Parkman's dad)

8) Show what the kids on the show really can do (Micah, Claire, Molly), kids are militant and don't take orders well, let them Rebel on a major level not this kiddy s**t

9) Do something with Peter, his character is too f**king boring to have all the powers he has, put him on the hunt for something, anything

10) Show more of the Hatian, the Hatian is good tv

11) Cut down Ando and whatever dude name is adventures, they're boring, irrelevant and takes up the time for storylines that are actually good

12) Stop the future s**t, even comics books don't do future catastrophes as much as Heroes does

13) A new serious threat, not Sylar or the boogieman crap, a new threat. Looks like they got the guy from prison break which is good, he's a great antagonist (hopefully they use him right)

I guess this is all my rant, if I really looked I could find many more faults
 09-17-2009, 11:18 PM         #33
DHARMA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Don't get me wrong I do believe that season one was perfect. You had the most bad a.ss villain out there in the form of Sylar and his reasoning was human, believable and creepy. He wanted to be something more and it made sense.

Heroes needs to go back to gore. Sylar's gore. Make Sylar evil again. Period. Ruthless, homicidal, unstoppable. People need to die. They got rid of the drama factor.

I like seeing individuality in abilities and that worked incredibly well in the 1st season before Peter met everyone, but I still think he should die soon. Claire should also die and I don't care how, but the cheerleader no longer needs to be saved and she's too overdramatic.

Ando must go. He's pointless. Also make Dark Hiro like we saw on the subway in S1, get on with it already.

The Haitian is an amazing character and is the only one who can really make the overpowered characters normal (since the writer won't).
 8 years ago '08        #34
KarteL13 
space
space
space
 billieskeet said:
Season 1 was a big letdown. Yeah, they did the build up right, but what's the point of doing the build up right and you messed up in the end. That's like a guy getting a steal, crossing up the defense, then blowing the dunk. If you don't finish it right then the in between is irrelevant. The only time I can think of Heroes doing a f!ght/action correctly, was the "Cold Snap" ep. Ummm, No. Like I always say, Lost could end with Jack waking up from a dream and I'd still consider it one of the best shows on Television. You can't take away the greatness in between.

And comparing Heroes to Lost is like comparing Lil Mama to Angelina Jolie, it just doesn't work. There were rumors that Lost and Heroes intertwined. Look it up. Also, Tim Kring and Damon Lindelof worked together on "Crossing Jordan" and its a fact that they share ideas from each other. I think Lost is the superior show but many compare the two because there are similarities, one way or another.

If Heroes want their ratings to go back up they gotta do a couple things.

1) Explain ppl's powers and stop going back and forth to what they can do. And if you're not sure, then don't explain at all and keep it consistent I agree here

2) Expand ppl's powers, they have done this with Tracy and Matt, but not really at all wit anyone else Peter? Michah? Sylar? Everyone else pretty much has set powers that can't be expanded upon.

3) If you're gonna have annoying characters, at least make them relevant to the viewer (Hayden) Hey, Lost has Kate. Even though I agree, Hayden needs to be k!lled off.

4) Give more shine to your good/interesting characters (HRG, Sylar, Danko, Tracy, Puppet Master, Knox, Elle). In the end, it's always about Sylar. HRG gets enough shine as did Danko.

5) When you have a good storyline going, don't it cut it off short (Sylar and his dad, Sylar and the shapeshifter, Danko and his side chick, Adam and his longevity they could make a whole season about just this, even Tracy and Micah was interesting) The show isn't over, holmes. People act like we won't see these characters again. It's the element of surprise.

6) Don't turn Sylar good ever again, at least not seriously He was never good. He was just used as a weapon. It's a mythology used all over comics *cough* Wolverine *cough*

7) Don't introduce characters as serious threats then b**ch them out (shapeshifter, Elle, Parkman's dad) Shapeshifter was never a serious threat. Nor was Ellie. Parkman's dad I can attest - he was underused.

8) Show what the kids on the show really can do (Micah, Claire, Molly), kids are militant and don't take orders well, let them Rebel on a major level not this kiddy s**t. They used Micah perfectly through out the "Fugitives" volume and even went pretty far on his potential as far as powers go.

9) Do something with Peter, his character is too f**king boring to have all the powers he has, put him on the hunt for something, anything He doesn't have all of his powers. They used Peter to his potential in "Fugitives" as well.

10) Show more of the Hatian, the Hatian is good tv There wouldn't be a show if the Haitian is used all of the time. The Haitian is just fine the way he is. Again, the element of surprise.

11) Cut down Ando and whatever dude name is adventures, they're boring, irrelevant and takes up the time for storylines that are actually good I agree. But hey, we can say the same thing about Hurley's story line. These characters are pretty much filler and are good for a few laughs.

12) Stop the future s**t, even comics books don't do future catastrophes as much as Heroes does I agree.

13) A new serious threat, not Sylar or the boogieman crap, a new threat. Looks like they got the guy from prison break which is good, he's a great antagonist (hopefully they use him right) You answered your own rant.

I guess this is all my rant, if I really looked I could find many more faults

Added my ideas.
 09-21-2009, 01:57 PM         #35
Atlanta  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cant wait till 8
 8 years ago '06        #36
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
someone merge the two Heroes Season 4 threads.
 8 years ago '04        #37
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,771 | Props total: 251 251
 DHARMA said:
Now let's see who has died and been brought back:

1. Claire (during The Eclipse ... seriously, that was lame)
3. Hiro (nosebleed)
4. Parkman (super cliffhanger with him being strapped to the bombs ... then nothing. Back to season 1 when he was shot like 8 times)
5. Micah (supposedly k!lled by Danko)
7. Peter (Every. Single. Episode)
8. Nathan (explosion at the end of Season 1. Note that Peter could've flown by himself)
9. Sylar (Every. Single. Episode)

Heroes has gone from a 9/10 series to a 2/10 series.
LMao Claire's power is a healing ability. That deserves a fail for your #1.

Hiro was never close to death due to a nosebleed. He had a nosebleed because of the mental strain put on by his powers(sort of like the nosebleeds every telepath in the marvel universe gets from overstraining). With that said #3 is also a fail.

#4 as far as that goes nathan saved his a.ss. he never was shot in the series so thats a fail.

#5 Sylar used his morphing ability to a.ssume the likeliness of micah and allowed danko see him k!ll himself as micah so danko would think micah was dead. so thats a fail ( do you even really watch heroes)

7, and 9. Sylar never was presumed dead. Peter only was a.ssumed dead when claire k!lled the future peter.

8. Nathan would've lived after being caught in that blast regardless. He just would've stayed disfigured.
 8 years ago '08        #38
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,406 | Props total: 422 422
Can someone answer a question for me? This goes back to season 1. Peter's love interest was that black girl which is the daughter of one of the originators of the company. Peter was also taking care of him on his sick bed before he passed. When he passed he came back in one of Peter's dreams and started talking to him about he is special or something. That had to be the freakiest thing I have seen on this show. He was dead but was still communicating to Peter. What was that mans power? You also can see a young version of him when Peter's mother had her flashback about her sister.

Season 1 was the best
 09-21-2009, 03:27 PM         #39
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AnyGiven said:
Can someone answer a question for me? This goes back to season 1. Peter's love interest was that black girl which is the daughter of one of the originators of the company. Peter was also taking care of him on his sick bed before he passed. When he passed he came back in one of Peter's dreams and started talking to him about he is special or something. That had to be the freakiest thing I have seen on this show. He was dead but was still communicating to Peter. What was that mans power? You also can see a young version of him when Peter's mother had her flashback about her sister.

Season 1 was the best
His power was telepathy, it was shown in one ep in the last season what his power was. The ep where all the founders were kids at the camp, the same ep you're talking about. It was never explained how he did that to Peter.
 8 years ago '05        #40
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,781 | Props total: 4880 4880
Not expecting anything from Heroes this season. They ended well last year but the majority of that past season was a huge let down. They need writers. But I will torrent it in hopes that they come through a great season opener that will hopefully set a redemption season for this failing show.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
282 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
52 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
44 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy