Fringe Season 2 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
 39
Image(s) inside This is what the richest zip code in America looks like
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 33
DONT LET THESE TRAPS FOOL YOU! Here's how to effectively avoid them.
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 27
NBA James Harden just PERMANENTLY ENDED Draymond Green tough guy career :mjlmf..
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 27
Video inside First she'll break your ankles, then she'll your heart!!!
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #81
Ph8te 
space
space
space
$453 | Props total: 40 40
For fans of Anna Torv check this out...May be considered NSFW so please click at your own risk....

 8 years ago '07        #82
kyhoopsgoat 420 heat pts420
space
avatar space
space
$18,940 | Props total: 5047 5047
It's baaaaaaccccckkkkkk!!!!!

Walter is the f**king man...
 8 years ago '07        #83
kyhoopsgoat 420 heat pts420
space
avatar space
space
$18,940 | Props total: 5047 5047
 all3rd said:
Is Walter watching himself I am so dam confused.
He developed a window in 1985 that could see the other world, then he built a door.
 8 years ago '07        #84
kyhoopsgoat 420 heat pts420
space
avatar space
space
$18,940 | Props total: 5047 5047
:wow: @ Nina's arm, finally showed why she had a robot hand.
 8 years ago '05        #85
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,825 | Props total: 7806 7806
 all3rd said:
The Alt universe flashback or flashforward thing making me so confused JJ.
Wtf are you confused about? It is not a flashback or a flashforward. He was viewing into an alternate reality, and he stole his son from that same reality.
 8 years ago '06        #86
modalee 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,197 | Props total: 3006 3006
Best episode of the season imo we finally saw how and why Walter took alternate Peter and the connection between that Observer and Walter. This show has as much potential as Lost did in its first two seasons I really wish more people would start watching it so we can get more than 3 seasons.
 04-08-2010, 12:56 AM         #87
The Muffin Man  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
Best episode of the season imo we finally saw how and why Walter took alternate Peter and the connection between that Observer and Walter. This show has as much potential as Lost did in its first two seasons I really wish more people would start watching it so we can get more than 3 seasons.
Alias lasted seven seasons with similar ratings and content...I think Fringe will be fine

also this is one of Fox's few action shows....24 is ending and Human Target is still in it's baby stages
 8 years ago '05        #88
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,825 | Props total: 7806 7806
Best episode of the entire series, for me.

That was a f**king bad-ass episode man.
 8 years ago '05        #89
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,825 | Props total: 7806 7806
What the f**k? Last week was my favorite episode in series history and this episode was decent, although some parts of it were s**tty. That FBI agent disappearing was pretty corny. Also why does Peter give a f**k that Walter stole him from the other reality? Why would that matter to you? If anything it shows your dad cared about you enough to GO TO A PARALLEL UNIVERSE AND BRING YOU BACK.

That s**t pissed me off, the way Peter reacted to that.

And now next weeks episode looks like the worst of the series. A f**king story that Walter tells? Thats the whole episode, are you s**tting me? What a f**king waste of an episode.
 8 years ago '07        #90
kyhoopsgoat 420 heat pts420
space
avatar space
space
$18,940 | Props total: 5047 5047
:jawdrop: my head just exploded.
 8 years ago '04        #91
Ph8te 
space
space
space
$453 | Props total: 40 40
 Reppindaburghh said:
What the f**k? Last week was my favorite episode in series history and this episode was decent, although some parts of it were s**tty. That FBI agent disappearing was pretty corny. Also why does Peter give a f**k that Walter stole him from the other reality? Why would that matter to you? If anything it shows your dad cared about you enough to GO TO A PARALLEL UNIVERSE AND BRING YOU BACK.

That s**t pissed me off, the way Peter reacted to that.

And now next weeks episode looks like the worst of the series. A f**king story that Walter tells? Thats the whole episode, are you s**tting me? What a f**king waste of an episode.
Well first he was pissed that he was abducted from a different universe and lied to his entire life. Personally I dont know that many people that would be happy if they were told that they were abducted and lied to about who they really were. It doesnt matter WHY he did it twenty some odd years later. It was a perfectly logical and real reaction.

You have to realize that Walter is NOT his real dad he is Walter from a different universe. Peter has been saying his whole life that things dont fit and he has trouble remembering his childhood. Im not sure if you have been watching since the beginning, but if you had I think everything would make perfect sense.

 PuBSTaR GaMiNG said:
:jawdrop: my head just exploded.
I had already guess who Mr Secretary was so it wasnt really a surprise for me. This was a really good episode with the last minutes or so being the best part. What is really getting me going is the previews for next week. Looks like they are going to end the season with a one two punch again.


Last edited by Ph8te; 05-07-2010 at 06:10 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #92
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,825 | Props total: 7806 7806
 Ph8te said:
Well first he was pissed that he was abducted from a different universe and lied to his entire life. Personally I dont know that many people that would be happy if they were told that they were abducted and lied to about who they really were. It doesnt matter WHY he did it twenty some odd years later. It was a perfectly logical and real reaction.

You have to realize that Walter is NOT his real dad he is Walter from a different universe. Peter has been saying his whole life that things dont fit and he has trouble remembering his childhood. Im not sure if you have been watching since the beginning, but if you had I think everything would make perfect sense.

I have been watching from the beginning but I still do not see why he would be that pissed off. He IS his father, hes an EXACT replica as his father with the EXACT same personality that loved him so much he created a device to TRAVEL TO A PARALLEL UNIVERSE and snatch up his son. If I randomly found out today my dad did some s**t like that to me when I was a child, i'd look him in the eyes and be like ".......that....is....f**king...AWESOME!" Would not really be a big deal to me, personally. And Peter being a man of Science, I would a.ssume he would be able to look at the situation logically and realize Walter did what any father would do if they had the means to do so.
 8 years ago '05        #93
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,825 | Props total: 7806 7806
Also I have yet to watch last weeks episode because the synopsis seemed moronic to me. And apparently last nights episode was pretty solid. So is it neccasary for me to watch last weeks episode? I mean does it have ANYTHING to do with the main storyline the show is headed in or is it just a pointless filler episode with some bulls**t undertone that is supposed to send a positive message about a story that Walter tells? Cause if its a pointless bulls**t episode i'd like to just skip it and watch last nights. But if it has anything to do with the overall story of the show i'd prefer to watch it so I do not miss anything. So any info would be appreciated.
 8 years ago '04        #94
Ph8te 
space
space
space
$453 | Props total: 40 40
 Reppindaburghh said:
I have been watching from the beginning but I still do not see why he would be that pissed off. He IS his father, hes an EXACT replica as his father with the EXACT same personality that loved him so much he created a device to TRAVEL TO A PARALLEL UNIVERSE and snatch up his son. If I randomly found out today my dad did some s**t like that to me when I was a child, i'd look him in the eyes and be like ".......that....is....f**king...AWESOME!" Would not really be a big deal to me, personally. And Peter being a man of Science, I would a.ssume he would be able to look at the situation logically and realize Walter did what any father would do if they had the means to do so.
Actually he is not the same exact "copy" the thing that makes the alternate universe different are the decisions made by people. Each decision leads to its own mini universe. The personalities while similar would also be different. There are difference they are jsut very small. If there were no differences then our Walter would have been able to save his Peter before he died.


You also have to remember we are seeing this from the outside in. We are privy to information that other characters dont have all the time. So while we see WHY Walter went to the other side to save Peter all Peter knows is that Walter went and took him from his REAL family. He now knows the reason for his mothers death here was the secret she was keeping that Peter wasnt really her child.

Walter knew it wasnt really his child when he went over there, which is why he originally planned to bring Peter back. When his wife saw Peter however, they made the decision to keep him here.

Also, you have to look at this from the characters perspective, not how would I feel if this happened to me. I am sorry for most people if they found out everything they knew in life was a lie they would be floored if they found out when they were an adult. Especially if it was someone they trusted and loved that caused this lie to occur.

I also agree many people these days would probably think its "cool" to find out they are not from here ect, but that is fantasy and fantasy often is very different from reality. Its not that Peter isnt really a man of science, hes very smart yes, but he is not a scientist. I am sure he could take a look at the situation in the future, but at this time he is way too angry to even think about the whole situation. Remember it was almost the opposite there as it was here. Here Peter was very close to Walter, there Peter was very close with his mother.

All of this just happen to come abut when Peter stopped being mad at Walter for everything in his childhood and the suicide of his Mother. Now he knows a big part of his mothers suicide WAS Walter.

 Reppindaburghh said:
Also I have yet to watch last weeks episode because the synopsis seemed moronic to me. And apparently last nights episode was pretty solid. So is it neccasary for me to watch last weeks episode? I mean does it have ANYTHING to do with the main storyline the show is headed in or is it just a pointless filler episode with some bulls**t undertone that is supposed to send a positive message about a story that Walter tells? Cause if its a pointless bulls**t episode i'd like to just skip it and watch last nights. But if it has anything to do with the overall story of the show i'd prefer to watch it so I do not miss anything. So any info would be appreciated.

The only important part IMO is the very end of the episode after the story is over....There is a little bit of information you might want to see. Watch it on Hulu and skip to the end.
 05-07-2010, 07:22 PM         #95
IceBergSlim  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ i agree with this 100%...i can't imagine someone not being mad they were robbed of their original life just because someone like your father and mother from a different universe wanted to keep you as their own....other dude is not making sense on why peter should not have reacted the way he did.

and it looks like the last 2 episodes are gonna be intense getting to see the olivia and everyone from the alternate universe with walter coming to get peter back....i can't wait.
 8 years ago '05        #96
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,825 | Props total: 7806 7806
 Ph8te said:
Actually he is not the same exact "copy" the thing that makes the alternate universe different are the decisions made by people. Each decision leads to its own mini universe. The personalities while similar would also be different. There are difference they are jsut very small. If there were no differences then our Walter would have been able to save his Peter before he died.


You also have to remember we are seeing this from the outside in. We are privy to information that other characters dont have all the time. So while we see WHY Walter went to the other side to save Peter all Peter knows is that Walter went and took him from his REAL family. He now knows the reason for his mothers death here was the secret she was keeping that Peter wasnt really her child.

Walter knew it wasnt really his child when he went over there, which is why he originally planned to bring Peter back. When his wife saw Peter however, they made the decision to keep him here.

Also, you have to look at this from the characters perspective, not how would I feel if this happened to me. I am sorry for most people if they found out everything they knew in life was a lie they would be floored if they found out when they were an adult. Especially if it was someone they trusted and loved that caused this lie to occur.

I also agree many people these days would probably think its "cool" to find out they are not from here ect, but that is fantasy and fantasy often is very different from reality. Its not that Peter isnt really a man of science, hes very smart yes, but he is not a scientist. I am sure he could take a look at the situation in the future, but at this time he is way too angry to even think about the whole situation. Remember it was almost the opposite there as it was here. Here Peter was very close to Walter, there Peter was very close with his mother.

All of this just happen to come abut when Peter stopped being mad at Walter for everything in his childhood and the suicide of his Mother. Now he knows a big part of his mothers suicide WAS Walter.




The only important part IMO is the very end of the episode after the story is over....There is a little bit of information you might want to see. Watch it on Hulu and skip to the end.

Does not change the fact that if Walter did not take Peter, Peter would be dead right now because alt-Walter did not realize he had the cure and would not have gone back and retested that formula in time. So Walter saved Peters life.

And you saying "Finding out everything you thought was true in life was a lie as an adult," is still a bit of an overstatement. Thats like me finding out right now, at 22 years old, that I was actually adopted. (And in this case adopted from the exact clone of my parents, with some very minor differences.) While I would initially be shocked, I would not be angry in the least bit and I would still recognize my parents that raised me as my actual parents becuase they were the ones that raised me. I would not be upset in the least, although I would like to reach out and locate and converse with my birth parents.

Also, Peter IS a man of science, so he should be able to look at the situation logically, like I said. Being a man of science does not mean you are a scientist. Hell I am a man of science and I am far from a scientist. That terminology just means your outlook on life is logical and calculated and looked at from a scientific point of view. He should not be mad at WALTER for his mother k!lling herself. She wanted to keep Peter here, Walter did not convince her to, she wanted it, that was a decision she as a grown woman made. While Peter may initially not realize that and be angry with Walter, commanding him to leave the room is a bit overboard. If you just got hit with the fact that the guy you recognized as your father your whole life stole you from an alternate universe and SAVED YOUR LIFE in the process, would you not, even while angry, want to discuss the situation with that man? Him just up and leaving town without contacting anyone to discuss his thoughts is a bit overboard imo. Just my opinion though.

Thanks for the heads up on last weeks episode I will watch the last 10 minutes or so then skip to this past weeks episode.
 8 years ago '06        #97
modalee 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,197 | Props total: 3006 3006
damn yall are posting essays in here tl;dr

this weeks episode was great and the last minute was dope i had already suspected it to be Walternate and since the end of season 1 i had speculated that this entire parallel universe war was caused by Walter crossing over to steal alt Peter. Im still wondering what role William Bell will play since his current version is actually in the parallel universe.
 8 years ago '07        #98
kyhoopsgoat 420 heat pts420
space
avatar space
space
$18,940 | Props total: 5047 5047
The first part of the finale last night was the best episode to date for me personally...

Did any one take a look at the map in ALT Walter's office. Half of California was gone and Texas was 2 states, Oklahoma/Kansas were 1 state, no upper peninsula of Michigan, Dakota's looked to be 1 state.



Olivia's conversation with Bell helped me believe he is trying to help. Olivia's instincts about people are usually pretty good, so if she trusts him, I'll go with her.

Finally the fact that the ZFT manifesto was published in the alternate universe gave me chills. I mean could the original actually be written by ALT Walter instead of William Bell? I mean ZFT is a German title and we do know that Walter father was German.

 8 years ago '04        #99
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$25,840 | Props total: 5175 5175
 all3rd said:
Man regular universe Olivia seems really easy to break for a federal agent????
yeah she did very uncharacteristic

i saw it coming from a mile away though

i think it would have been better had the alternate olivia just done it on her own rather than walternet sending her to the other side to infiltrate
 8 years ago '06        #100
modalee 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,197 | Props total: 3006 3006
Great finale and ya the Olivia switch up was obvious but still makes for a great set up for next season. I think that after Lost ends on Sunday Fringe will become my favorite network television show.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 16
May 21 - Dad takes late son's girlfriend to prom, one month after fatal crash
58 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside This girl is so fcking ugly Oh my but her body A1
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Motion Capture King Andy Serkis Takes On Jungle Book In First Trailer For ‘Mow..
33 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Damn! Tina Fey Is Getting Thick
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside Jose Guapo out here down bad
61 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside k dot kicks w**** girl off stage for n****
614 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside 🐰 Perfect Snowbunny.IMPOSSIBLE DECISION🐰
119 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 3
Image(s) inside TAYLOR BANNER out here looking like something to eat! 🌱
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy