Who Would You Rather Have: Nnamdi Asomugha, Asante Samuel or Champ Bailey

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
64 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which CB Would You Rather Have?
Nnamdi Asomugha 76 80.00%
Asante Samuel 7 7.37%
Champ Bailey 9 9.47%
Other - Listed in Thread 3 3.16%
Voters: 95. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-08-2009, 09:32 PM         #41
snoopdoggiz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All 3 are amazing but i gotta give love to Nate Clements. Whenever he is healthy, he is top 5 easy. Also Chris Gamble, Al Harris when healthy too. But best is Nnamdi for sure
 8 years ago '05        #42
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3353 3353
This isn't even a discussion.

Also Asante isn't even the clear cut best CB in his own division.
 8 years ago '09        #43
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
Asomugha... Dont nobody even throw his way, i'd rather have nothing thrown to that receiver than a ball that you gotta try deflect or defend... Asomugha>>>>
 8 years ago '06        #44
Pyro911 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,248 | Props total: 86 86
since we are all being homer pickin mother f**kas, Nate Clements

Nhamdi duh...
 8 years ago '06        #45
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
I mean Champ has the best HOF Resume out of any of these guys but for the 09-10 season its Scrabble & its not even close
 8 years ago '05        #46
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,682 | Props total: 507 507
Ill take Corey Webster
 8 years ago '04        #47
yaleRULES 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$1,589 | Props total: 0 0
Okay to set the record straight, NOBODY is sleeping on scrabble anymore. He is just not thrown to cause he can cover just about anyone. That being said, I would take him over the other two. But if Champ was five years younger, its no question. He could take it to the house if he touched the ball.

But Primetime.. primetime.. primetime..
 8 years ago '07        #48
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '06        #49
made in the bay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,269 | Props total: 161 161
No contest to Nnamdi Asomugha

10 - 5 STRK: 1 l in a row WIN PCT: 66% 76 (+2) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 7-2, Rank #112 | Aug 16: 3-2, Rank #333 | Aug 14: 2-1, Rank #490 | Aug 10: 6-5, Rank #613 | Aug 09: 3-1, Rank #220 | Aug 08: 26-13, Rank #234 *
 8 years ago '07        #50
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
nnamdi
champ

im not even gonna put asante cuz he aint all that good and gets beat quite often
 09-09-2009, 08:34 AM         #51
The Blueprint˛  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aww giant fans hating on asante. Surprise surprise.
 8 years ago '07        #52
st21 1233 heat pts1233
space
space
space
$55,427 | Props total: 43386 43386
most people never even seen namdi play. they just ride his d*ck cuz espn does.

in all honesty namdi hasn't even proved he's that good. The raiders gave up over 150 ypg rushing last year (31st in run defense) so who needs to throw the ball when you can run like that? he hasn't even been challenged yet.
 8 years ago '05        #53
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,410 | Props total: 394 394
In his prime CHAMP all day but given to him aging I would go with Asomugha. I would still pick Champ over alot of these so called corners tho. Also WTF made you through Asante up there? No Hate but did you see what a good QB and WR tadem? Asante is nice but I could name a few that are better.
 8 years ago '07        #54
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 #21 said:

in all honesty namdi hasn't even proved he's that good. The raiders gave up over 150 ypg rushing last year (31st in run defense) so who needs to throw the ball when you can run like that? he hasn't even been challenged yet.
Damn man you makin skins fans look stupid. Nnamdi is a f**king beast that holds down his receiver EVERY game. Also considering how he has no pass rush to help makes him that much better

Nnamdi by a mile because champ has had injuries and asante is a zone corner
 8 years ago '05        #55
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
 #21 said:

Actually he was challenged. In 2006 they tried him and he had 8 INTS. He's not a run stopping safety. That's not his job. He shuts down big game receivers and almost no QB's will throw to his side. He is the best in the league hands down. There is no argument here. If someone could show his ridiculous stats that would be great. Where its receptions vs attempts and yards and tds. I know its crazy.
 8 years ago '05        #56
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,781 | Props total: 4880 4880
Right now its Asomugha. Champ even in his prime was all about the the interceptions moreso than just stopping a guy. His technique was always predicated on him using his speed to close b/c he played off his guy so he could read the QB's eyes to try and close in on picks. When he had that acceleration in his prime that technique made him an absolutely great shut down guy b/c nobody would test that closing speed he had. He doesn't have that anymore...and unless he changes his technique he is gonna be in for a tough season.

Samuel is another guy thats about picks but he is a lot more cerebral. He'll give up catches in order to set up routes he can sit on later in games. He is also extremely good in zone coverage but stronger guys usually can get the best of him. A guy like Fitzgerald who absolutely owned him in that title game last year is one of those guys that can use his body against Samuel. Since receivers are getting bigger and better I worry about Samuel being able to keep up his level of play.

Asomugha is the guy you want. This guy is not about picks. Almost every time you see him he is lined up on the line of scrimmage to press and turn. Its the definition of blanket coverage. Last year he shut down every top receiver he faced. From small guys like Steve Smith to big ones like Marshall and Andre Johnson. Randy Moss had a pretty good game against the Raiders last year but I remember the Pats moving him around quite a bit to keep him away from Asomugha. Either way this is the guy you want. His willingness to give up on big plays and simply find joy in holding a guy to 1, 2, 3 catches instead of trying for 1 or 2 picks a game is what separates him IMO.
 09-09-2009, 10:31 AM         #57
Robby Digital  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Asomugha >>C. Webster>>Champ (now)>>Asante
 8 years ago '07        #58
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 904 904
 iggyemu said:
Right now its Asomugha. Champ even in his prime was all about the the interceptions moreso than just stopping a guy. His technique was always predicated on him using his speed to close b/c he played off his guy so he could read the QB's eyes to try and close in on picks. When he had that acceleration in his prime that technique made him an absolutely great shut down guy b/c nobody would test that closing speed he had. He doesn't have that anymore...and unless he changes his technique he is gonna be in for a tough season.

Samuel is another guy thats about picks but he is a lot more cerebral. He'll give up catches in order to set up routes he can sit on later in games. He is also extremely good in zone coverage but stronger guys usually can get the best of him. A guy like Fitzgerald who absolutely owned him in that title game last year is one of those guys that can use his body against Samuel. Since receivers are getting bigger and better I worry about Samuel being able to keep up his level of play.

Asomugha is the guy you want. This guy is not about picks. Almost every time you see him he is lined up on the line of scrimmage to press and turn. Its the definition of blanket coverage. Last year he shut down every top receiver he faced. From small guys like Steve Smith to big ones like Marshall and Andre Johnson. Randy Moss had a pretty good game against the Raiders last year but I remember the Pats moving him around quite a bit to keep him away from Asomugha. Either way this is the guy you want. His willingness to give up on big plays and simply find joy in holding a guy to 1, 2, 3 catches instead of trying for 1 or 2 picks a game is what separates him IMO.
this thread is over
 8 years ago '07        #59
st21 1233 heat pts1233
space
space
space
$55,427 | Props total: 43386 43386
people forgetting about rasheen mathis and charles woodson

they arent better than namdi or champ but deff btter than samuel and webster.

Last edited by st21; 09-09-2009 at 10:42 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #60
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,189 | Props total: 15001 15001
 #21 said:

wow
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
26 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Lil Peep Official Toxicology report says he had nearly 10 Different Dru..
151 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - serial killer todd kohlhepp - there are more victims :iseeyou2:
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy