The Drake Conspiracy: Via All Hip-Hop (Sep 09)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
176 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #21
TVee 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,307 | Props total: 1919 1919
 kingz21 said:
that was a great read. and yeah g money it aint drake's fault that the labels pushing him down our throats, hes just doing his job. props for posting

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #22
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
 Gm0ney85 said:
AHHAHA...u ever heard of MILLI-VANILLI??

u dont need talent to get fame in this industry...u just need the people with the most money to push you down peoples throats...and your right they are doing they job...VERY WELL! because when i say hella people know of him they only know of him because you dont have to even listen to rap that much to know who he is when all of a sudden u got viral videos everyone on him, news about him every where, backed by the LEADERS of the game (kanye, jay)....

and its not that he doesnt deserve his fame...cuz hes obviously not a milli-vanilli...but he aint nothing so extrodinarly great that all of this makes perfect sense...
the different between NAS, JAY, EM, Wayne, 50...they worked harder for longer had more street cred, and had UNDENIABLE SKILL (or an undeniable gimmich (see gettin shot 9 times and ja rule)...

its not a hate thread..its a reflection thread...just to make people think, who controls what we listen to and it is controlled because they make it easily obtainable, always everywhere...

i'm 24 and the people who know who drake is, but dont know who PLIES is or LUPE...are around my age and white women in college....not euthisiasts...and just cuz u listen DOES NOT MEAN U FOLLOW IT...i like cold play BUT I SURE AS HELL DONT FOLLOW THEM!...

Heard, never listend to their music, nor brought up around it.

Your view of talent, is just your view. Fame is closely correlated with entertainment, not talent. This industry isn't an industry that promotes talent as what hiphop enthusiast think, the most entertaining wins. If your music is shoved down the throats of people and backed by those with the most money, yes you have an edge, but that doesn't mean s**t, ask Memphis Bleek.

You forget Drake had a huge canada, and US fanbase before he came into rap, Degrassi(and I use to run the only degrassi thread over on itsbx), not only that, during that time, and even in the episodes he was pushing towards rap. The fact he has Kanye, Jay, Wayne behind him is a reflection of his talent that they want. So really sound like you're hating, because Drake is getting backed up by established people?

Drake is talented, not to many people outside the internet are claiming Drake as a God, his music is nice,a fresh breath, and thats what people are feeling right now. You aren't going to run into a GOAT when they haven't even released an album, but he is more than averagely talented.

There is no difference between Drake, and Nas, Jay, Em, Wayne, 50. You've already put him on a high chair by claiming he is celebrated by everyone, his record sales will tell how big of an artist he is on the streets. You don't know how hard Drake has worked. I could argue Drake has worked towards his rap career since he was 12 seeing as he was promoting himself as rapper while filming for the degrassi season. You make it seem like he walked into Universal or Def Jam and just was given tons of promotion, nobody knew of comback season until they started hearing him with these artist. And street cred? What do you even know of street cred, because Nas, Em, and Wayne have none till this day. Only ones that can be spoken of when it comes to street cred is 50 and Jay out of that list.

and Drake skills are UNDENIABLE, Im not even a moderate fan and I'm not going to say he doesn't. His career stands on the fact he has undeniable talent. As far as top 10 mentionable talent, his career has barely even took off, again, you've put him on the high chair. Nobody is saying Drake>Wayne, Jay, Nas, 50, etc etc dude has no more than 150 songs+features. So what if he is blowing up quickly, you really going to hate on a dude because his music is picking up quick, thats what any fan should want for the artist, you make it sound like a bad thing, and like I said, you can't say Drake hasn't been pushing towards a rap career and working hard, because it's been evident since degrassi.

You say reflection thread, but I see the underlying issue. I'm not saying you're hating on him on in classic boxden way, but you do seem to be hating on the fact he's blowing up. Of course the music industry controls who we listen to(on air), but nothing is stopping an artist from coming up on their own, like Ludacris and many other artist who made a name for themselves selling cd's out of cars. Nor is anything stopping an artist from funding their own music, and grinding like they should if they aren't happy with the results their company is doing for them. I remember downloading Kanye s**t before he even had a music video, and when he did about 6 months later, he funded that on his own. Blew up with little backing from Roc-a-fella. In this day and age, anyone can make their music easily obtainable.
 8 years ago '09        #23
UrbanEnterprise 62 heat pts62
space
space
$18,491 | Props total: 11374 11374
i dont like drake, dude cant even freestyle, has to hold a blackberry to read his rhymes, a real professional would have remembered his lyrics, also this dude claims to wanna be different but yet has the same bulls**t type of song on the radio, sayin that i can say he is talented, but when he rhymes it sounds kinda like he's tryin to hard to be a rapper, finishin his bars wit "yea" and other adlibs stretched at the end of bars almost like he's tryin too hard to have "swag" if u will, i dont wish his career to fail at all, i could care less, i'm still goin to bump what i bump, but the hype he's gettin is undeserved, its not hard to develop a single on the radio, just come out wit a dance wit a catchy chorus sayin some dumb s**t or have a record about girls (drake did the latter), so exactly what has he done to deserve this hype, at least 50 had a classic underground unreleased album "Power Of The Dolla"
 8 years ago '05        #24
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2180 2180
 Cantankerous said:
Heard, never listend to their music, nor brought up around it.

Your view of talent, is just your view. Fame is closely correlated with entertainment, not talent. This industry isn't an industry that promotes talent as what hiphop enthusiast think, the most entertaining wins. If your music is shoved down the throats of people and backed by those with the most money, yes you have an edge, but that doesn't mean s**t, ask Memphis Bleek.

You forget Drake had a huge canada, and US fanbase before he came into rap, Degrassi(and I use to run the only degrassi thread over on itsbx), not only that, during that time, and even in the episodes he was pushing towards rap. The fact he has Kanye, Jay, Wayne behind him is a reflection of his talent that they want. So really sound like you're hating, because Drake is getting backed up by established people?

Drake is talented, not to many people outside the internet are claiming Drake as a God, his music is nice,a fresh breath, and thats what people are feeling right now. You aren't going to run into a GOAT when they haven't even released an album, but he is more than averagely talented.

There is no difference between Drake, and Nas, Jay, Em, Wayne, 50. You've already put him on a high chair by claiming he is celebrated by everyone, his record sales will tell how big of an artist he is on the streets. You don't know how hard Drake has worked. I could argue Drake has worked towards his rap career since he was 12 seeing as he was promoting himself as rapper while filming for the degrassi season. You make it seem like he walked into Universal or Def Jam and just was given tons of promotion, nobody knew of comback season until they started hearing him with these artist. And street cred? What do you even know of street cred, because Nas, Em, and Wayne have none till this day. Only ones that can be spoken of when it comes to street cred is 50 and Jay out of that list.

and Drake skills are UNDENIABLE, Im not even a moderate fan and I'm not going to say he doesn't. His career stands on the fact he has undeniable talent. As far as top 10 mentionable talent, his career has barely even took off, again, you've put him on the high chair. Nobody is saying Drake>Wayne, Jay, Nas, 50, etc etc dude has no more than 150 songs+features. So what if he is blowing up quickly, you really going to hate on a dude because his music is picking up quick, thats what any fan should want for the artist, you make it sound like a bad thing, and like I said, you can't say Drake hasn't been pushing towards a rap career and working hard, because it's been evident since degrassi.

You say reflection thread, but I see the underlying issue. I'm not saying you're hating on him on in classic boxden way, but you do seem to be hating on the fact he's blowing up. Of course the music industry controls who we listen to(on air), but nothing is stopping an artist from coming up on their own, like Ludacris and many other artist who made a name for themselves selling cd's out of cars. Nor is anything stopping an artist from funding their own music, and grinding like they should if they aren't happy with the results their company is doing for them. I remember downloading Kanye s**t before he even had a music video, and when he did about 6 months later, he funded that on his own. Blew up with little backing from Roc-a-fella. In this day and age, anyone can make their music easily obtainable.

lots of fluff in there...let me address what u say quickly and concisely...

you say fame = how entertaining you are
--
i say fame = how much people see you (nigguhs is famous for bad stuff as well as good stuff - go watch the news - its all entertainment)

you say drake = 50, wayne, jay etc..
--
I say drake doesnt equate to them for these reasons (gimmicks or otherwise)
50 = shot 9 times
Kanye = Beats PERIOD (his flow is nice but it aint outta this world)
wayne = cash money plus his vioce (weezy)
Em = best rapper plus he white
Nas = Militant - hood/conscience rap - prolific rap
Jay = did it on his OWN!
but drake = vioce aint unique, rap aint prolific, aint been thru nuttin devastatin in life, he aint white

you say im hating
--
I say i'm posting an article that asks..WHATS SO SPECIAL!(to the BX community)...if u asked me that question i would simply answer "HES GOT THAT 'IT' FACTOR, THAT STAR QUALITY" somethings can't be explained and this is one of them...and if comparing him to other well established artists makes me sound like im hating...then so be it...but maybe u need to define hating for yourself...

u can type all day on the defensive..but i wanna hear the offense on why drake is the NEXT...but it sounds like a broken record from both sides of the argument to be real...but when u stubborn like u acting the discussion of it aint even fun...

so okay...

EDIT: i just wanted to add this - the question about "whys he so special" thru his IT factor -could be summed up to when u think a girl is BAD, but she really aint FINE in a traditional light sometimes a nigguh gotta just say "iono what it is about her but i like her"....would it be hating if i asked "WHY IS THAT GIRL SO FINE?"...so maybe thats the thing with drake....

Last edited by Gm0ney85; 09-04-2009 at 07:13 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #25
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,832 | Props total: 1146 1146
To the guy talkin bout cred...Nas has no street cred but he still a hood nikka from the qb..em battled tough n*ggaz in americas trashiest city of detroit...even Wayne was raised in NO so he wasn't born no silver spoons n*gga like drizzy....drake went to boarding school with preppies while being raised by his white jewish mom in CANADA and starring in DEGRASSI
 8 years ago '05        #26
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
 Gm0ney85 said:
lots of fluff in there...let me address what u say quickly and concisely...

you say fame = how entertaining you are
--
i say fame = how much people see you (nigguhs is famous for bad stuff as well as good stuff - go watch the news - its all entertainment)

you say drake = 50, wayne, jay etc..
--
I say drake doesnt equate to them for these reasons (gimmicks or otherwise)
50 = shot 9 times
Kanye = Beats PERIOD (his flow is nice but it aint outta this world)
wayne = cash money plus his vioce (weezy)
Em = best rapper plus he white
Nas = Militant - hood/conscience rap - prolific rap
Jay = did it on his OWN!
but drake = vioce aint unique, rap aint prolific, aint been thru nuttin devastatin in life, he aint white

you say im hating
--
I say i'm posting an article that asks..WHATS SO SPECIAL!(to the BX community)...if u asked me that question i would simply answer "HES GOT THAT 'IT' FACTOR, THAT STAR QUALITY" somethings can't be explained and this is one of them...and if comparing him to other well established artists makes me sound like im hating...then so be it...but maybe u need to define hating for yourself...

u can type all day on the defensive..but i wanna hear the offense on why drake is the NEXT...but it sounds like a broken record from both sides of the argument to be real...but when u stubborn like u acting the discussion of it aint even fun...

so okay...

EDIT: i just wanted to add this - the question about "whys he so special" thru his IT factor -could be summed up to when u think a girl is BAD, but she really aint FINE in a traditional light sometimes a nigguh gotta just say "iono what it is about her but i like her"....would it be hating if i asked "WHY IS THAT GIRL SO FINE?"...so maybe thats the thing with drake....

Lots of fluff or what you can defend against?

You same fame = how much people see you? You just said what I said in a less articulate way. Whether a person is known for good or bad, whatever they did, it entertained people, therefore their fame is based on how much(and consistently) these people are entertained. Ever head of a D-List celebrity? If people are constantly seeing you, it's because you are entertaining them.

I never said Drake = 50, Jay, or Nas, I said there is no difference in how he came to become a rapper, than them, which is hardwork and huge promotion.

50 Cent didn't get famous just because he got shot 9 times, he got DROPPED from a record label because of it. He was famous because afterwards they used that as a verification of his gangster image(marketing), along with backing from Dre and EM, and a hot album which allowed him to blow up.

Kanye didn't famous because of his beats. Hell no one knew who he was until he dropped his OWN video, along with his single Slow Jams which really blew him up. Kanye came in Ghost producing, do you not know that?

Wayne wasn't even respected as a solid artist during his early cm days, seen as a kid. Even then he was seen as a mediocre artist behind Juvenile and BG, not until C1 did he really blow up. When C1 came out, he was still being questioned in comparison to TI.

EM - Best rapper is subjective, and he blew up due to his backing of Dre, and being a white artist with huge talent. Not to mention he was dissing every pop star out there from the gate. Not to mention he captured tons of black fans, and his white fanbase nearly bought all his albums.

Nas - you didn't even say anything about him. His skills weren't recognized till illmatic, no famous guest appearances, the outcome he's crowned the best lyricist. Seriously though, he had tons of backing from other artist who respected his skill, considered the best doing it at the time.

Jay - Did it on his own? Do you know who BIG, and Dame are?

Drake - Nice lyricist, came at a good time in the game where everything is bland on TV, making him stand out, has backing from Wayne, Jay, and Kanye(among others). Started as an actor, then turned to rapping.

Does Drake need a hard life, and to be poor to be validated as an artist? Thats the stupidest idea I've heard if you're saying that. Based that you didn't comprehend what I said correctly, I think you'd probably retract that statement. Drake music doesn't even reflect an image his life doesn't mirror.

Currensy could have been at the top by now, but his rhymes didn't reflect his life, he knew it, said it in plenty interviews, and now makes the music he likes. In result, well you know that, plenty of mixtapes and no more backing. His music is still dope, is he not a validated artist because he didn't have a hard life? He got rid of his gimmick.

Drake is a humble artist, who music isn't a false representation of who he is, nor does he act like it. And all the b**ching people do about rappers being fake, and we have a talented artist who is genuine, and still hate?

You aren't comparing him to other artist, you and this article are basically saying Drake isn't special, he doesn't deserve his promotion, why do people like him. I'm saying, he's talented, genuine, and a difference in the current selection of artist we hear. Maybe you need to look up the definition of hating for yourself.

I'm not on the defensive either, you are because you can't even explain your argument, nor defend it against me. I'm not even a huge Drake fan, but I'm not a hater either. I even made a thread making fun of Drake, but I don't deny his talent as an artist. Drake is the next because the public likes him, simple as that. Next what? You can't even explain what you are talking about, I a.ssume next big artist. Nobody is saying his is GOAT(at least not me), and if you believe everything you read on boxden, then do so, but nobody I've heard is acting like Drake>Kanye, Nas, whoever.

I don't debate to have fun(though knowing you are right and disproving someone is fun to me), I do it to prove another person wrong. I'm not even picking at you, I'm making you defend your point which you aren't doing well. People like Drake, and thus he is blowing up. It's quite simple, 1+1=2. Drake+People liking him=him blowing up and being a big artist which is whats going on now, you seem to have a problem with that, and I'm wondering why, which is the whole point of the debate. Everything you've said, I've picked apart. If you'd simply admit "hey maybe Cantankerous has a point" and change your mind instead of trying to force people to think another way about an artist they like, then this debate could just end. I try to be as non-biased as possible, and when people do a bunch of hating, I'll simply disprove them at will, which is why I type all this "fluff."

edit: damn thats one of my longer post, I think I'm done, said it all, won't repeat myself.

Last edited by OG T Gutta N; 09-04-2009 at 11:00 PM..
 09-04-2009, 11:06 PM         #27
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ra1n said:
Jews stick together.
^^^^^^
 09-04-2009, 11:12 PM         #28
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
reminds of Metal Gear Solid 4 type s**t...
 8 years ago '07        #29
Bighempin of QM 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,822 | Props total: 1682 1682
Didn't DMX coming like this back in the day or did we forget rap is different right now than it was yesterday Drake is really hot now drop some good mixtapes I know what was popping on that hustonatlantavegas track I was like damn on the best songs out at the time. I will never buy his album but if the music is good than don't hate. The ? is who is using who is Drake using J or Mary or Wayne or are they using him right now. We all know when his album drops its not going to be as good as some would hope simply because Drake is a singles guy he k!lls singles and can't really hold entire track alone.
 8 years ago '06        #30
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,980 | Props total: 3530 3530
 Cantankerous said:
Lots of fluff or what you can defend against?

You same fame = how much people see you? You just said what I said in a less articulate way. Whether a person is known for good or bad, whatever they did, it entertained people, therefore their fame is based on how much(and consistently) these people are entertained. Ever head of a D-List celebrity? If people are constantly seeing you, it's because you are entertaining them.

I never said Drake = 50, Jay, or Nas, I said there is no difference in how he came to become a rapper, than them, which is hardwork and huge promotion.

50 Cent didn't get famous just because he got shot 9 times, he got DROPPED from a record label because of it. He was famous because afterwards they used that as a verification of his gangster image(marketing), along with backing from Dre and EM, and a hot album which allowed him to blow up.

Kanye didn't famous because of his beats. Hell no one knew who he was until he dropped his OWN video, along with his single Slow Jams which really blew him up. Kanye came in Ghost producing, do you not know that?

Wayne wasn't even respected as a solid artist during his early cm days, seen as a kid. Even then he was seen as a mediocre artist behind Juvenile and BG, not until C1 did he really blow up. When C1 came out, he was still being questioned in comparison to TI.

EM - Best rapper is subjective, and he blew up due to his backing of Dre, and being a white artist with huge talent. Not to mention he was dissing every pop star out there from the gate. Not to mention he captured tons of black fans, and his white fanbase nearly bought all his albums.

Nas - you didn't even say anything about him. His skills weren't recognized till illmatic, no famous guest appearances, the outcome he's crowned the best lyricist. Seriously though, he had tons of backing from other artist who respected his skill, considered the best doing it at the time.

Jay - Did it on his own? Do you know who BIG, and Dame are?

Drake - Nice lyricist, came at a good time in the game where everything is bland on TV, making him stand out, has backing from Wayne, Jay, and Kanye(among others). Started as an actor, then turned to rapping.

Does Drake need a hard life, and to be poor to be validated as an artist? Thats the stupidest idea I've heard if you're saying that. Based that you didn't comprehend what I said correctly, I think you'd probably retract that statement. Drake music doesn't even reflect an image his life doesn't mirror.

Currensy could have been at the top by now, but his rhymes didn't reflect his life, he knew it, said it in plenty interviews, and now makes the music he likes. In result, well you know that, plenty of mixtapes and no more backing. His music is still dope, is he not a validated artist because he didn't have a hard life? He got rid of his gimmick.

Drake is a humble artist, who music isn't a false representation of who he is, nor does he act like it. And all the b**ching people do about rappers being fake, and we have a talented artist who is genuine, and still hate?

You aren't comparing him to other artist, you and this article are basically saying Drake isn't special, he doesn't deserve his promotion, why do people like him. I'm saying, he's talented, genuine, and a difference in the current selection of artist we hear. Maybe you need to look up the definition of hating for yourself.

I'm not on the defensive either, you are because you can't even explain your argument, nor defend it against me. I'm not even a huge Drake fan, but I'm not a hater either. I even made a thread making fun of Drake, but I don't deny his talent as an artist. Drake is the next because the public likes him, simple as that. Next what? You can't even explain what you are talking about, I a.ssume next big artist. Nobody is saying his is GOAT(at least not me), and if you believe everything you read on boxden, then do so, but nobody I've heard is acting like Drake>Kanye, Nas, whoever.

I don't debate to have fun(though knowing you are right and disproving someone is fun to me), I do it to prove another person wrong. I'm not even picking at you, I'm making you defend your point which you aren't doing well. People like Drake, and thus he is blowing up. It's quite simple, 1+1=2. Drake+People liking him=him blowing up and being a big artist which is whats going on now, you seem to have a problem with that, and I'm wondering why, which is the whole point of the debate. Everything you've said, I've picked apart. If you'd simply admit "hey maybe Cantankerous has a point" and change your mind instead of trying to force people to think another way about an artist they like, then this debate could just end. I try to be as non-biased as possible, and when people do a bunch of hating, I'll simply disprove them at will, which is why I type all this "fluff."

edit: damn thats one of my longer post, I think I'm done, said it all, won't repeat myself.

:agreement6:

/Thread

09-05-2009, 06:32 AM         #31
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gm0ney85 said:
my problem is hella people who dont follow hip-hop know who drake is...like he ALREADY a house hold name....

but i can ask the same people...you know who lupe fiasco, or Q-tip, or Styles P is??...and they dont know who they are or cant name a song by them....

i like drake...but i dont like the manipulation the industry tries to pull on us... so it makes me feel like its drakes fault, but i gotta blame the gate keepers...drake just a puppet in the end...
troof.
 7 years ago '10        #32
NYstreetz 1 heat pts
space
space
$351 | Props total: 7 7
drake can rhyme hes got some lyricall talent thats about it whats really helpin him out is that he sings like pac said make music for the b!tches maybe not in those words but imo thats one of the main reasons hes sold over 400k
 06-25-2010, 06:24 PM         #33
ROYISPEACE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

06-25-2010, 06:59 PM         #34
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TVee said:

[pic - click to view]

this s**t never get old mayne

anyway pimpin what they fail to acknowledge is that there aint no way in hell major corporate heads been cultivatin this fake persona since the room for improvement mixtape

drake aint yo type of music? i aint even mad, most n*ggas on boxden and internet blogs like all hip hop is purists ya dig. his music is for teenage hoes and casual fans. just accept that, give the boy his props and keep it movin
 7 years ago '10        #35
freshprinceoba 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,318 | Props total: 13 13
1:30

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #36
Peter Starks™ 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,217 | Props total: 223 223
 mtva24 said:
I dont think write his own rhymes...they prolly gave that n*gga voice lessons too...goddamn puppet...they hit it to the T in the article...they pick this half breed half jew actor from degrassi...throw him in there with well established rappers (jay, kanye, eminem, wayne), write his rhymes, and market the s**t out of him...corporations are evil...im out chuuuch....
Real spit..
 06-25-2010, 08:49 PM         #37
nigelc8992 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yall n*ggas really stupid and havent been paying attention at any point in the last 20 years if you're JUST figuring this out.

it's been obvious since the beginning that there were MAJOR corporate forces behind this dude, though i honestly thought Kid Cudi was the new thing, it seems i had them reversed.

REAL TALK, when you stop paying attention to mainstream music and television (i'm catching up on all the good mainstream releases from the last couple years cause i wasnt peeping any of that s**t at all) then all of these trends are blatantly obvious.
 7 years ago '07        #38
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30472 30472
Gotta agree....

I heard his first, FIRST mixtape.. the one where he was claim Memphis, or some where down south... NOT toronto. Nobody said sh*t about it. Then he puts out the next one... and I kept hearing random quotes from non-familiar sources saying how good it was and how good he is... but, I couldn't find any real person to state that in front of me.... to my face. Then the masses just went with it all-of-a-sudden.

Buncha easily steered sheep...
 7 years ago '06        #39
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
loL AT the thread
 06-25-2010, 11:29 PM         #40
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cantankerous said:
This sems like a lame a.ss thread, cause Drake is on top and other artist who been at it longer, aren't.

What is the problem with "hella people" who don't follow hiphop(I a.ssume you mean hiphop enthusiast, because if they listen to rap they are following hiphop) knowing who drake is? If "hella people" know who he is, he IS a household name.

so what if you can't ask the same people who Lupe, Q-tip, or styles P are, you're probably asking 13-18 year olds in the first place, anyways. I'm sure someone will say "Kick Push" for Lupe, Q-tip is of another generation, but people still know who he is, and styles P is known too.

Would it matter if they didn't know who Plies, Lil boosie, Soulja Boy is? Or would your who point be null and void, because it sounds like this is a thread about who has talent yet hasn't reached fame, yet drake who is a talented known up and coming artist, they do, this has to be a hate thread, because the point of the thread and source is basically, Drake doesn't deserve his fame, I disagree without even knowing many of his songs, who is 1 or even 40,000 people to say he doesn't deserve his fame, when his fanbase is what makes it, and that is in the hundreds of thousands. (edit: god damn thats a long a.ss run on sentence)

Excellent promotion of a promising aritst isn't a conspiracy, it's people doing their job correctly. This happens with EVERY huge artist beforehand. They get tons of promotion, their music is heavily loved, and get backed by the companies because not only do they have a talented artist(which equals longevity in a sense) they can make tons of money off of them.

If other talented artist can't make music which a mass of people will listen to, then thats a reflection of either their marketing, or maybe their music isn't just that good from an average listeners standpoint. Nas, Jay-Z, Eminem, Wayne, 50, etc etc etc were able to do it when they were early artist.
got dayum
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Late to the Party: Persona 5
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago