KiD CuDi - Man on the Moon: The End of Day - Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
93 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #181
halftime 
space
space
$6,086 | Props total: 9231 9231
Good Album. This album isnt good for a sunny day, this s**t is rather emo.
 8 years ago '06        #182
ThaFuture3 
space
space
space
$1,769 | Props total: 237 237
 Just1Spark said:
I was honestly expecting a Daps and Pounds/A Kid Named Cudi vibe from this LP. Instead he came with some Pink Floyd/emo/New Age/Enya/Techno s**t.
man thas the same s**t i was gonna say!!!! cudi tricked the s**t out of me
 8 years ago '07        #183
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
Haters gonna hate.. clearly they don't smoke weed. so it is what it is.

8 years ago '09        #184
the coolest 126 heat pts126
space
space
$4,317 | Props total: 566 566
the album is dope. my fav one this month.

y people always sayin u gotta smoke weed to like his music?

Last edited by the coolest; 09-06-2009 at 01:48 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #185
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 the coolest said:
the album is dope. my fav one this month.

y people always sayin u gotta smoke weed to like his music?
It's the type of sound.. you just appreciate his music when you're high.
 8 years ago '07        #186
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
& i can see why some people don't like it.. Some people my not relate to his s**t like I do.

People have they own preferences.
 8 years ago '06        #187
shan0514 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,330 | Props total: 221 221
Heart of a Lion>>>>>>>>> the whole BP3

:) im not a hater but BP3 was good but not better than Man on the Moon. sorry guys, Cudder won that friendly comp by a mile. Jay coulda put more effort in BP3. to me it sounds like Jay just said f**k it, n*ggas gone like it anyway because its me, and just threw random tracks on there like Wayne did C3. thats just my own opinion and thought.
 8 years ago '06        #188
shan0514 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,330 | Props total: 221 221
 dj X said:
My World, Sky Might Fall, Soundtrack 2 My Life are the only good tracks...

Solo Dolo, stupid name, stupid song = recycle bin along with the rest of the songs w/ the exception of the three that i mentioned...
Solo Dolo is a OG term that the old heads use up here in cleveland. how is being solo and not havin to follow n*ggas stupid?

simple rule to life that your mother shoulda taught u,

"be a leader not a follower." u should understand this song just by that note broskie.
 8 years ago '07        #189
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 The Blueprint˛ said:
@ you tight pant wearing f*gs loving this s**t.
Man why you got to substitute us all as being tight pant wearin' f*gs just because we like this album.

I ain't one of those dudes.
 09-06-2009, 02:28 PM         #190
Rowe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shan0514 said:
damn no diss but s**t i forgot about wale for a sec.

even when BP3 leaked, the buzz wasnt this mad over it. it was like, oh jay s**t leaked??? damn, im tryna wait to copp it first. fugg it, ima wait. but with Cudi leak, its like Obama winning the election or some s**t word up. and whats crazy is that people on almost every blog i know of are posting the SAME exact link and without a doubt Cudi probably got over a million downloads by now over the leak and probably 98% of the downloaders said they still gonna buy it regardless so thats over a million units easy. also when he tweeted that his album got leaked and it was true and he hoped we like it, how almost everyone thats woke on twitter retweeted it lol.
kid cudi a million units really?
 8 years ago '05        #191
~~S.L.I.M.~~ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,084 | Props total: 223 223
 Just1Spark said:
I was honestly expecting a Daps and Pounds/A Kid Named Cudi vibe from this LP. Instead he came with some Pink Floyd/emo/New Age/Enya/Techno s**t.

pretty much summed it up...add 808 in there too.

its a good album, but yo he came left field on some stuff...I just hate when mixtape songs (especially on A Kid Named Cudi) definitely should have been on the album...
 09-06-2009, 03:00 PM         #192
codeine 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
is this album better than the Stay Fly Wiz Khalifa/Curren$y mixtape?
 8 years ago '07        #193
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Tough album. Been playin' this s**t all day. I remember when I used to hate Kid Cudi with a passion. Until I was high and I heard Maui Wowie and Day N Nite . The album has a nice vibe overall. Can't wait till I take this f**kin' p!ss test so I can roll one and really vibe to this s**t .
 8 years ago '07        #194
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
And yea I can see why n*ggas wouldn't like this but I f**k with it.
 09-06-2009, 08:28 PM         #195
WEREWOLF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Just1Spark said:
its ironic you said that band, cuz after i listened to this album the first thing i said was this s**t sounds like hip hops own version of dark side of the moon....but whats ironic is around the time period when pink floyd dropped dark side of the moon everyone on earth was like wtf is this new age s**t? like the s**t had been recorded on mars and dropped off at the label in a flying saucer, motherf**kers couldnt comprehend it...this is exactly how this album is being accepted, it may be too ahead of its time.
 8 years ago '07        #196
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,623 | Props total: 3264 3264
 ~~S.L.I.M.~~ said:
pretty much summed it up...add 808 in there too.

its a good album, but yo he came left field on some stuff...I just hate when mixtape songs (especially on A Kid Named Cudi) definitely should have been on the album...
Those mixtape songs wouldn't have fit the concept of the album, they were better left off the album.
 8 years ago '06        #197
ThaFuture3 
space
space
space
$1,769 | Props total: 237 237
This album is well....different lol..but to compare this s**t with College Dropout is damn near crazy....please stop that...its misleading as hell
 8 years ago '07        #198
Just1Spark 
space
space
$2,234 | Props total: 75 75
 WEREWOLF said:
its ironic you said that band, cuz after i listened to this album the first thing i said was this s**t sounds like hip hops own version of dark side of the moon....but whats ironic is around the time period when pink floyd dropped dark side of the moon everyone on earth was like wtf is this new age s**t? like the s**t had been recorded on mars and dropped off at the label in a flying saucer, motherf**kers couldnt comprehend it...this is exactly how this album is being accepted, it may be too ahead of its time.
I fully understand where Cudi is coming from with this album and you right I think he tried to make this LP hip hops DSOTM which is impossible, Kanye did that with 808s and Heartbreak. I felt like his lyrics had less to do with the album's concept while his choruses did. On top of rapping in circles about emo, i get wasted, noone understands me, please like me, i'm sad, spaced out mumbo jumbo. How u walking with a Heart Of Lion and make songs that make u sound insecure. I do like a few tracks though only because I find myself singing along to the choruses.

Soundtrack to my life, Sky Might Fall, Cudi Zone, Up Up & Away, Hyyer
 8 years ago '06        #199
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,450 | Props total: 1099 1099
i think this album is a good stepping stone for cudi but really hes got a long way to go. its innovative and unique but really he needs to make this craft his own if that what he wants to do with his career. cause if he tries to "switch up" his style in the future it will make this all look like a gimmick.
 09-06-2009, 09:23 PM         #200
deejay_emcee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Just1Spark said:
I fully understand where Cudi is coming from with this album and you right I think he tried to make this LP hip hops DSOTM which is impossible, Kanye did that with 808s and Heartbreak. I felt like his lyrics had less to do with the album's concept while his choruses did. On top of rapping in circles about emo, i get wasted, noone understands me, please like me, i'm sad, spaced out mumbo jumbo. How u walking with a Heart Of Lion and make songs that make u sound insecure. I do like a few tracks though only because I find myself singing along to the choruses.

Soundtrack to my life, Sky Might Fall, Cudi Zone, Up Up & Away, Hyyer
good point

the choruses go more so with the concept of this album than the lyrics/verses do..

btw the choruses are catchy as hell!!

but the mere fact that cudi has us analyzing his album to this sharp of detail only means that he succeeded in making an album that stood out and will catch some attention

i see this album have a huge cult following with borderline breaking of mainstream success

if he pushes the right (different) songs as singles, this album really has potential to go down in history

because while there have been dozens and dozens of concept albums better than this, the fact is that nowadays nobody really does concept albums, and when one that is this high in quality finally does drop, i believe it wont take much for ppl to start jumping on the bandwagon
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
22 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
209 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
63 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy