Raekwon - Only Built for Cuban Linx 2 (2009)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
8 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How many mics does this deserve
5 Mics 118 55.66%
4 Mics 73 34.43%
3 Mics 11 5.19%
2 Mics 4 1.89%
1 Mic 6 2.83%
Voters: 212. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #61
DrunkenBoxer 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,487 | Props total: 6 6
 ElMarroAfamado said:
just listening to the damn intro we get an idea about how great this was going to be before i even heard the whole album
Gotta agree with cha on this one...real talk dawg, real talk :applause::applause:
 8 years ago '04        #62
money36 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,691 | Props total: 128 128
If this had walk with me, the badlands, state of grace, and baggage handlers added on instead of some of weaker tracks this would be easily a 5 mic classic. The album needed some more balance and these tracks would of blended well.
 8 years ago '09        #63
Teddy Loc 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,062 | Props total: 164 164
5 Mic album....

Tight...

Surgical Gloves went hard and Gihad is deep

(Ghost ripped it on the track...true s**t 4 ya azz...real talk!!)
 09-08-2009, 10:35 PM         #64
dge662 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this album go super dumb a.ss hard!!! this is better than the blueprint 3 even though i like bp3 too... "Catalina" is my ish!!!
 8 years ago '06        #65
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,979 | Props total: 3526 3526
I downloaded the album when if first leaked but didn't listen to it till today.

The album is str8 crack.

OBCL4 >>>>> BP3
 8 years ago '07        #66
tonik 
space
space
$224 | Props total: 3 3
grows with each listen
 8 years ago '04        #67
Sinna555 
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 3 3
I hope this win a grammy for album of the year, its that NUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuu WWWWuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu NNUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuWWWWuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
 8 years ago '07        #68
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,893 | Props total: 2252 2252
 tonik said:
grows with each listen
yooo where did u get ur avy??? ... super dope

and this is the best album i've heard since '03. Word.... :cool-smiley-009:
 09-11-2009, 01:58 PM         #69
diplo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Catalina and House of Flying Daggers are prob two of the best songs of 2009...in my opinion.
 09-12-2009, 01:47 AM         #70
graydome 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 one2remember said:

I’ve seen pictures of Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster. Hell I even thought I saw Tupac the last time I was in Los Angeles. It was not until I held my pre-ordered copy of Chef Raekwon’s Only Built 4 Cuban Linx PT. II in my hands did I believe that such a thing could even exist. I heard rumors of its existence but after 14 years of rumors and myths, I’m sure you can understand my skepticism. As I started the now extinct ritual of struggling with the cd packaging and listening to the disc on my home stereo, all I was hoping for was at least a glimpse of the impression I was left with from the original OB4CL 1995 release. What I got was much more.

In every interview I read or watched Raekwon spoke about bringing in outside producers for the project. I have to admit this fueled my worries about this album not having the same feel of the first album. OB4CL II begins exactly where the original left off except this time instead of U-God, its Inspectah Deck, Ghostface k!llah and Method Man who have the honor of blessing the albums first track, the J-Dilla produced House of Flying Daggers. Producer Pete Rock is credited with crafting the first vintage Chef crime story on the record “Sonny’s Missing” followed by the equally dark crack cooking tale “Pyrex Vision”. This track to my surprise was produced by the Legendary Queens Bridge producer Marley Marl. I know I shouldn’t be surprised. Not to be out done the RZA provides Rae with that vintage Wu sound on the Inspectah deck a.ssisted Black Mozart. If there were any questions about Raekwon’s rhyming ability all those questions are answered on The Alchemist produced Surgical Gloves where Rae rhymes “Teddy with the red range/supercharged kangol’s/ Rae and Ghost CD in his change yo/ Angelo Spanish kid lango/all I know is where he hang though/kept it sideways angle/.” I didn’t say I was going to explain it to you.

The featuring of Ghostface k!llah on the original Purple Tape set off a pairing of one of the best rap duo’s since EPMD. It’s become as if you don’t expect to hear on without the other. OB4CL II has plenty to offer from the two but one of the many highlights is “Penitentiary” that finds Rae and Ghost attempting to break out of prison. If you can stand to listen to the cab driving Capandonna you’ll love 10 Bricks as well as the RZA produced New Wu, which features a fired up Method Man. There are a ton of features outside of the Wu family on the album from Slick Rick, Beanie Segal, Jada Kiss, Styles P, Busta Rhymes and Lyfe Jennings on the Dr. Dre produced Catalina, but none take away from the albums cohesiveness or appear out of place.

After I finished listening to the album I couldn’t help but think to myself that the possibility of this project held my curiosity 14 years. The uncertainty of the album’s release date coupled with the production being handled by someone other than the RZA and the lack of a Nas appearance initially brought down my enthusiasm for this album. Upon listening to each leaked track and getting a glimpse of the updated version of the original album artwork my excitement grew. Some may not understand the excitement probably because they were too young when the first one was released or they didn’t grow up in a time when New York rap still had a prominent place in Hip Hop. If you’re looking for some unapologetic New York Hip Hop OB4CL II is that album. Let’s just hope others will follow suit and stop trying to get in where they fit in and just Get It IN! Cheers to the Chef Raekwon for no apologies.

[pic - click to view]

[Via Analoghype]
:applause: nice review
 8 years ago '08        #71
knowledge82 3 heat pts
space
space
$506 | Props total: 14 14
 ash1990 said:
5 Mics
how do i get raekwon album???
 09-14-2009, 04:46 PM         #72
IBFame12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hell of a album. Great production and great lyricism. I enjoyed every track, worth the wait for its release!
 8 years ago '05        #73
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4134 4134
I'm loving this album so far...
I think I might actually buy this. I wanna support this.
 09-17-2009, 10:36 AM         #74
returntozero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
should almost get 5 bcuz of the era we're in right now, but i said 4 in comparison with the all time greats
 8 years ago '08        #75
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
im not even a wu fan and this s**t is dope.......
 09-17-2009, 10:50 PM         #76
cognac172 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this definitely can sit by ob4cl pt 1. this album was well put together, its songs are lyrical and entertaining, and it has good beats.
 09-21-2009, 03:06 PM         #77
Play 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This album is absolute f**kin gold. I've pretty much never heard better crimey s**t ever. The production is elaborate and beautiful and nearly always fits the verses very well. There's only like 2 or 3 crap songs out of 22?? Where else do you see albums like that?

Best most solid album I've listened to for YEARS. This one's going on all-time rotation
 8 years ago '08        #78
senseispab 
space
space
$941 | Props total: 0 0
Great album. Seriously one of the best joints in a few years.

I have my copy still sealed.
 09-24-2009, 12:02 AM         #79
hiphop4ever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
still bumpin it :cool-smiley-009:
 8 years ago '06        #80
SickSoulja 
space
space
$554 | Props total: 0 0
5 mics off top
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
113 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy