Raekwon - Only Built for Cuban Linx 2 (2009)

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
92 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How many mics does this deserve
5 Mics 118 55.66%
4 Mics 73 34.43%
3 Mics 11 5.19%
2 Mics 4 1.89%
1 Mic 6 2.83%
Voters: 212. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #41
DrunkenBoxer 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,487 | Props total: 6 6
 hiphop4ever said:
album of the year!!
:cool-smiley-009::cool-smiley-009:
 8 years ago '04        #42
octane 
space
space
$3,858 | Props total: 654 654
Surgical Gloves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! f**king Bananas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
 09-02-2009, 05:06 PM         #43
Halftimee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This like a 4.9/5, and only because I don't know if the album will be good enough 10 years down the line. Otherwise it has all the makings of a classic, and I don't like to use that word alot, but here I think it deserves to be used.
 8 years ago '04        #44
QBKinG 
space
space
$1,088 | Props total: 3 3
This should be considered a modern day classic in comparison to all that s**t that's been catching buzz lately. It's nice to see some vets shakin up the game a little.
 09-02-2009, 07:48 PM         #45
kuxika671 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 qbking said:
this should be considered a modern day classic in comparison to all that s**t that's been catching buzz lately. It's nice to see some vets shakin up the game a little.
props..my thoughts exactly
 8 years ago '04        #46
klone03 
space
space
$9,930 | Props total: 2 2
5 mics. the beats on this s**t are crazy.
 8 years ago '05        #47
Sub Crazy 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,839 | Props total: 2725 2725
i give it a 4. There were some tracks I didn't like, but it is overall a very good album.

I wasn't feeling:
Broken Safety
Fat Lady Sings
Have Mercy
Mean streets

But the other s**t I was feeling like "Sonny's missing", "Black Mozart", "Surgical Gloves", "Kiss The Ring" (YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH n*gga!), "House Of Flying Daggers", "New Wu", "penitentiary", "gihad", "Gihad" . Even with 5 songs I wasn't feeling the other good s**t was so good that I can easily give this a 4 or even 4.5

My only problem is that I feel this suffered from what the original OB4CL did, the features (mainly Ghost and Deck) went harder than Raekwon O_O

Other than that, very solid Album. Much better than Blueprint 3 and Relapse. This will be getting heavy rotation without a doubt.

Last edited by Sub Crazy; 09-02-2009 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: I take back what I said about cold outside...
 8 years ago '04        #48
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 6 6
and again...
 09-03-2009, 12:03 AM         #49
hiphop4ever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 QBKinG said:
This should be considered a modern day classic in comparison to all that s**t that's been catching buzz lately. It's nice to see some vets shakin up the game a little.
real talk..
 8 years ago '06        #50
DrunkenBoxer 6 heat pts
space
space
 QBKinG said:
Word up!!! :agreement6::agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:
 8 years ago '05        #51
SyDuck 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,347 | Props total: 347 347
can someone explain to me the CD if you have listened to all of it?

is this a continuation from OB4CL?

what i get from this is Raekwon tells the story of a low to mid level drug dealer (he cooks his own crack and slangs his own s**t) and his crew (the role that the rest of the Clan plays)... and he's got hommies locked up... and on "Penitentary" they talk about hitting someone from prison... and im not sure what happens after that...

and on surgical gloves he gets more ruthless... on Canal Street I think he holds down his spot... On Ason Jones, he talks about ODB who he lost (he doesnt say how he lost ODB, but u can a.ssume he was the main character's partner).... and on "Have Mercy" it talks about I think another character of Rae's crew who's locked up, but in this case, he's not in the same position as the characters in "Penitentary"... he's dying in the cell, he misses his freedom. In that song Rae talks about him being on the outside, and hustling to try to make it big and ending up back in jail.

I dont really know what happens in the rest of the album. I think its an unfinished story.
 8 years ago '04        #52
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
Alc blacked out on surgical gloves for real. This s**t is classic in the making. Of course it didn't give me the same feeling as the first one 14 years ago but how could it? That was a different time-period for hip-hop and music overall. A very very very very good album and time will tell if its great and whether or not I play this years from now.

I played the damn purple tape every damn day for almost 2 years in HS.

And for you cats comparing Jay and Rae. Apples and Oranges fellas. They make different music and always have. I listen to each for different reasons. Why a person can't be a fan of both I don't understand.
 09-04-2009, 05:00 AM         #53
graydome 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
great album, this is going to be in regular rotation for a while
 8 years ago '06        #54
AdN 
space
space
$380 | Props total: 0 0
real hip hop... it gets 4.5 / 5 only cuz it got to grow on me EVEN more
 8 years ago '04        #55
carbon720 
space
space
space
$245 | Props total: 0 0
Album is sick. Definitely represented for all of Wu. The best album from a Clan member in a decade! Jay should have took notes on how to deliver for fans.

4/5 right now. I don't give anything a 5 unless I can listen to every song without wanting to skip and will play it 3-5 years from now. Too early to tell.
 8 years ago '06        #56
DrunkenBoxer 6 heat pts
space
space
 carbon720 said:
Album is sick. Definitely represented for all of Wu. The best album from a Clan member in a decade! Jay should have took notes on how to deliver for fans.

4/5 right now. I don't give anything a 5 unless I can listen to every song without wanting to skip and will play it 3-5 years from now. Too early to tell.
real talk :dancingcool::dancingcool:
 09-04-2009, 05:50 PM         #57
hiphop4ever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
classic..
 8 years ago '07        #58
Polo da don 
space
space
$487 | Props total: 32 32
 QBKinG said:
:applause:Couldn't have said it better. Right now the album is a 4.5 just because of the cohesiveness of the tracks. The first OBCL just had that good flow to it, all the songs seemed to come together. This album you can definitlely tell what the theme is, its just too many tracks( prob should be jus 15 to 16 solid cuts) But seeing how long it took us to be blessed with this album, we should be thankful for the 22 tracks.
 09-06-2009, 02:05 AM         #59
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im not a huge Wu Tang fan...never have been....
i thought GZAs beneath the surface and that other liquid swords album were classics....

now ive been listening to this all day and its AMAZING.....
there are prob a couple songs i dont listen ....but this is probably the first cd ima be able to let play for a minute without changing a song......

this s**t is a def buy come Tuesday but i aint gonna open it keep this s**t wrapped up!
 09-06-2009, 02:11 AM         #60
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just listening to the damn intro we get an idea about how great this was going to be before i even heard the whole album
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
90 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
53 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
173 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
80 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy