"I'm suppose to be #1 on everybody's list, we'll see what happens when I no longer exist"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
36 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #61
primetime 60 heat pts60 OP
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 jj01 said:
god's son was his most personal album to date and criminally slept on, wouldnt be surprised if you never even heard it. none of the other albums have been trash, just not as commercialized as the s**t u seem to be a fan of.
Heard God's Son, HHID, Untitled, n SD..
I own gods son n untitled..im fan of nas but he hasn't released good album in 7-8 years..
and im not a fan of commercialized music
 08-30-2009, 04:20 PM         #62
Hurricane24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Geezy said:
No...nobody is listening other than 14 year old kids in junior high/high school because dude wants to be a pop star just to sell records instead of going back to his roots and staying hip-hop...

A track about heroin? good for him...Tony Yayo has a verse about being coke and Nas and 2Pac had a song about being a gun how many years ago? Like this idea was new and fresh?...I respect everyone's opinion on music because it's just that...a personal opinion...and like I said I like Hov...it's just he or Nas aren't s**t anymore...both aren't what they used to be and aren't making any music worth listening too...people wanna throw that CLASSIC title on anything nowadays and people need to understand what it even means first...AG was just that...a rip-off of the movie...it was decent but nothing even close to a classic...think about classic albums and then putting American Gangster in that same class and you sound retarded...or deaf
see imo it is a classic, i can listen to the whole thing through and through over and over, i know a lot of others can too, and being a pop star and s**t is goin far i understand he makes tracks to sell albums but he still also makes great music, ur picking and chosing what's bad and not looking for what's good, brooklyn we go hard and history are some more of his recent tracks that go hard, jay is still a great artist and i'm sure you'll see great tracks in this new album
 8 years ago '06        #63
jj01 
space
space
$44,956 | Props total: 4677 4677
 wepainters said:
Heard God's Son, HHID, Untitled, n SD..
I own gods son n untitled..im fan of nas but he hasn't released good album in 7-8 years..
and im not a fan of commercialized music

but yet you're a huge fan of camel and em??? hmmmmmm

never heard u give props to underground rappers or rappers that have never had a multiplatinum album.
 8 years ago '06        #64
Supreme7 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,835 | Props total: 1994 1994
AG > Relapse
 8 years ago '09        #65
DJ Geezy 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,393 | Props total: 207 207
 Hurricane24 said:
see imo it is a classic, i can listen to the whole thing through and through over and over, i know a lot of others can too, and being a pop star and s**t is goin far i understand he makes tracks to sell albums but he still also makes great music, ur picking and chosing what's bad and not looking for what's good, brooklyn we go hard and history are some more of his recent tracks that go hard, jay is still a great artist and i'm sure you'll see great tracks in this new album
See that's where you're right...it's not to say KC & AG didn't have some great tracks...but the bad ones far outweighed the good one's...and a CLASSIC album has NO bad tracks...that's what makes it CLASSIC...

I'm sure BP3 will have some great music on it...but from what I've heard so far it's not sounding like he's making another CLASSIC anytime soon...and neither will Nas for that matter
 8 years ago '07        #66
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,326 | Props total: 1111 1111

[pic - click to view]

08-30-2009, 04:37 PM         #67
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn, shut up with "this n*gga is commercial, this n*gga pop, this n*gga underground"

Jay has a joint with Rhianna, NaS has a joint with Chris Brown, Rakim was in a Juelz Santana video, Em disses pop star and occasionally says some gay s**t.

n*ggas need to stop trying to puts MCs in the box and getting defensive when a n*gga has a different opinion. It be the same n*ggas in threads about a n*gga they don't even like
 08-30-2009, 04:43 PM         #68
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:
again im not really trying to attack you, im trying to help u because quik told me to look after you. i bring your age alot of convos because it gives u a built in excuse for the stupidity, because if ppl didnt know you were a youngin they might actually take some of what u say seriously and then start attacking you.

because he hasnt released an album since the late 90's that means he is to be forgotten? saying that em has 3 albums better than anything rakim has ever recorded is blatant disrespect imo.
How old is weppainters?

And I can name about 7 rappers alive better than Em.
 08-30-2009, 04:46 PM         #69
Halftimee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hurricane24 said:
so u listen to music and make ur own opinion? cus jay has been making some great music, i know everyone here likes to hate on dude but got damn i don't like nas but acknowledge when he makes some good music, every likes to make it seem like jay is trash and because not every album he makes is like rd and bp that it isn't a good album
What are you saying dude Jay has been putting out garbage, AG was not that good, KC was def not good and by the sounds of it, BP3 will def not be good either.

Nas - Untitled was good, HHID was good, and he's moving forward with his music in a good way by collaborating with another real musician - Damian Marley. Jay is moving forward by working with the same garbage producer he's been working with from Vol. 2? Be real that ain't progression.

Last edited by Halftimee; 08-30-2009 at 04:51 PM..
 08-30-2009, 04:50 PM         #70
Halftimee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hurricane24 said:
Yeah but have you listened to Untitled or HHID? Both of those albums have way more substance in terms of content and musicianship. So by your standards I could call both of those classics, but I won't because I know they aren't anything close to classics.
 08-30-2009, 05:01 PM         #71
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm a big NaS supporter but HHID was a.ss. Untitled was like a 3.5
 08-30-2009, 05:04 PM         #72
Halftimee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
How so? Nas lyrically was fine and the beat selection was fire. You Can't k!ll Me, Money Over Bulls**t, Hustler's, Hold Down the Block, Black Republican?
 08-30-2009, 05:20 PM         #73
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
then you aint no nas supporter

HHID was true to his style
he ripped those beats

and since God's Son he been on that grown man s**t

untitled was just a crazy concept album
 08-30-2009, 05:28 PM         #74
The Blueprint˛ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Co-Sign this powerful thread.

n*ggas just hoped onto the hate jay bandwagon cause everyone is doing it.

Its quite hilarious.

This n*gga JJ in every damn hov thread hating get a hobby or something jose, males shouldnt be jealous thats a female trait
 08-30-2009, 05:34 PM         #75
The Blueprint˛ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 2D.... said:
then you aint no nas supporter

HHID was true to his style
he ripped those beats

and since God's Son he been on that grown man s**t

untitled was just a crazy concept album
HHID was a.ss with the exception of Black Repub and Let there be light

Godson was solid (4 mics)

Untitled was cool for about a week, s**t had Zero replay value
 8 years ago '06        #76
jj01 
space
space
 KrayLay said:
How old is weppainters?

And I can name about 7 rappers alive better than Em.

17 or 18
 8 years ago '06        #77
jj01 
space
space
 Halftimee said:
What are you saying dude Jay has been putting out garbage, AG was not that good, KC was def not good and by the sounds of it, BP3 will def not be good either.

Nas - Untitled was good, HHID was good, and he's moving forward with his music in a good way by collaborating with another real musician - Damian Marley. Jay is moving forward by working with the same garbage producer he's been working with from Vol. 2? Be real that ain't progression.

good post, ppl confuse him being consistent with him sticking with the same formula album after album.
 08-30-2009, 05:42 PM         #78
The Blueprint˛ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:
good post, ppl confuse him being consistent with him sticking with the same formula album after album.
Why change what works? nas is a gimmick rapper too. How you go from calling your album zzzzzz to untitled? Hip hop is dead aint a gimmick? your hate is blinding you from looking at this objectively
 8 years ago '09        #79
LOONATIK 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,149 | Props total: 472 472

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '06        #80
jj01 
space
space
 The Blueprint˛ said:
Why change what works? nas is a gimmick rapper too. How you go from calling your album zzzzzz to untitled? Hip hop is dead aint a gimmick? your hate is blinding you from looking at this objectively

didnt necc say it was a gimmick just that dude works with the best producers time and time again and same s**t content wise, rather than trying something new or hitting up some new producers. he did that once and ye and just made the album, he should try different s**t once i a while.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
76 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago