"Young Hov, tell them Ordinary Joe's, Budden up...." - Jay-Z

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #61
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,167 | Props total: 1625 1625
 deLeet said:
You must have been listening to britney spears cause ALL rappers stopped f**king with throwbacks after that... Mitchell and Ness died over night in the rap.
n*gga throwbacks were dead before Jay got all corporate, I thought u were talkin bout he started a trend not ended one, nobody in the hood was rockin no button ups.. & Eminem was rockin suits before Jay did on The Eminem Show cover, does that mean Jay bit him?
 8 years ago '04        #62
space
space
space
 Yung Dilla said:
man this is just like when jay used joes onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn when he said

'how the f**k you got signed how the hell u get onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn'

and n*ggas said it wasn't a diss jay stay taking shots
word, thats the epitomy of a obvious subliminal.. who the f**k else says "onnnnnnnn" really
 08-24-2009, 01:56 PM         #63
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 polorsport2345 said:
n*gga throwbacks were dead before Jay got all corporate, I thought u were talkin bout he started a trend not ended one, nobody in the hood was rockin no button ups.. & Eminem was rockin suits before Jay did on The Eminem Show cover, does that mean Jay bit him?
You crazy if you don't think jay-z k!lled jerseys and started the grown man trend in the rap world. He brought you EVISU? them $100000000 jeans

remember where he's at now.. 5000million worth, everyone trying to catch up right?

Last edited by deLeet; 08-24-2009 at 01:57 PM..
 08-24-2009, 01:59 PM         #64
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 m-f said:
I knew as soon as I heard this line, There would be a 10 page thread on BX.. Turnin' nothing into something.
Jay is dissing Budden, if you listen at the line before that, the "stylin on you line," Joey was the first rapper to use that after the rapper on youtube got punched, therefore Hov was listening to the Joe Budden Shade45 freestyle (or at least thinking about it) when he wrote that verse, and decided to throw a subliminal at Budden.

Budden Up
Pump It Up

Jay mad because Joe Dissed his ex lover Lil Wayne, "I never been the type of n*gga that put put 20 tapes with just 4 good bar"
 08-24-2009, 01:59 PM         #65
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Get it Right said:
Jay is dissing Budden, if you listen at the line before that, the "stylin on you line," Joey was the first rapper to use that after the rapper on youtube got punched, therefore Hov was listening to the Joe Budden Shade45 freestyle (or at least thinking about it) when he wrote that verse, and decided to throw a subliminal at Budden.

Budden Up
Pump It Up

Jay mad because Joe Dissed his ex lover Lil Wayne, "I never been the type of n*gga that put put 20 tapes with just 4 good bar"
i question your gender sometimes.
 8 years ago '08        #66
halftime 
space
space
$6,086 | Props total: 9229 9229
 Gm0ney85 said:
thats not a diss...its a compliment...

tell the ordinary JOES (not joey) to Budden up (to get like budden)....

why diss if u gonna diss like this...its hardly even a subliminal..
@ hov complimenting budden.

The whole 3rd verse was basically throwing shots. You really think he's going to spit 16 bars full of s**t talking then put one positive line in there about a rapper who dissed him more than twice?
 8 years ago '07        #67
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,582 | Props total: 5308 5308
 Yung Dilla said:
man this is just like when jay used joes onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn when he said

'how the f**k you got signed how the hell u get onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn'

and n*ggas said it wasn't a diss jay stay taking shots

[video - click to view]

08-24-2009, 02:00 PM         #68
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Get it Right said:

Budden Up
Pump It Up

i question your gender sometimes. your like a female.
 8 years ago '04        #69
space
space
space
 deLeet said:
You crazy if you don't think jay-z k!lled jerseys and started the grown man trend in the rap world. He brought you EVISU? them $100000000 jeans

remember where he's at now.. 5000million worth, everyone trying to catch up right?
well to the rap world I guess.. cus I respect Jay as a lyricist but he's not appealing enough to set trends, he's past his prime & he's a ugly old dude that tries to act young.. not saying that I care, i'm just statin facts
 8 years ago '08        #70
The N 467 heat pts467
space
space
$45,555 | Props total: 17211 17211
Subliminal punch in the right eye :)
 8 years ago '04        #71
igotgame4ya 
space
space
$1,858 | Props total: 19 19
Well if it a diss and joey takes it like a diss.... This will be an explosion!!!!!!!!!
 08-24-2009, 02:05 PM         #72
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 polorsport2345 said:
well to the rap world I guess.. cus I respect Jay as a lyricist but he's not appealing enough to set trends, he's past his prime & he's a ugly old dude that tries to act young.. not saying that I care, i'm just statin facts
But i just noted that he already set trends......

Look at ron browz rapping normal... DOA

[video - click to view]

08-24-2009, 02:06 PM         #73
Cashius_Slay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A subliminal message is a signal or message embedded in another medium, designed to pass below the normal limits of the human mind's perception. These messages are unrecognizable by the conscious mind, but in certain situations can affect the subconscious mind and can negatively or positively influence subsequent later thoughts, behaviors, actions, attitudes, belief systems and value systems. The term subliminal means "beneath a limen" (sensory threshold). This is from the Latin words sub, meaning under, and limen, meaning threshold.
If you listen to the whole song you can tell that he is "Reminding" us that he can still go in.

Do what I’ve done without cryin//
In the environment in which I did it in without dyin my n*gga//
And rap like I rap with out LYIN, then tie em both together like I Am my n*gga//
Then write 16’s in between runnin 16 businesses//
All the while showing these young punks what the business is//
As if, Ima let you n*ggas style on me//
As if, now everybodies senile on me//
Throwbacks, I threw em back, remember those?//
Button ups, Young Hov, tell them ordinary Joes, “button up”/

Last edited by Cashius_Slay; 08-24-2009 at 02:07 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #74
The N 467 heat pts467
space
space
$45,555 | Props total: 17211 17211
 deLeet said:

I hate these guys who care about another mens money, like a f**king ho a.ss b**ch, no offense but you dudes need to stop that s**t its straight up f**got s**t. I get it you love Jay z's music but that is where it should stop, don't use his personal finances in your love affair routine, it really isn't a good look at all.

Last edited by The N; 08-24-2009 at 02:08 PM..
 08-24-2009, 02:08 PM         #75
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How am I "like" a female?

I won't lie, Jay-Z ripped this, I'll give credit when credit is due, but that other joint with Drake is garbage.

The third verse is crucial.
 08-24-2009, 02:09 PM         #76
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The N said:
I hate these guys who care about another mens money, like a f**king ho a.ss b**ch, no offense but you dudes need to stop that s**t its straight up f**got s**t. I get it you love Jay z's music but that is where it should stop, don't use his personal finances in your love affair routine, it really isn't a good look at all.
Who said I care about his money? i respect how he got it thats all.

the other guy asked what trends jay-z set and i noted them..
 08-24-2009, 02:15 PM         #77
onq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it's still not a diss just a good play of words
 08-24-2009, 02:17 PM         #78
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Get it Right said:

Budden Up
Pump It Up

He was talking about Papoose. There's another line in that freestyle saying "aside from that Hoody it ain't no 9's on you." He respects Wayne.

And when has Joe called himself Ordinary Joe? Joe Budden aka Jumpoff aka Ordinary Joe. That doesn't even sound right. I've always heard "Regular Joe" on tracks not Ordinary.
 8 years ago '04        #79
igotgame4ya 
space
space
$1,858 | Props total: 19 19
^ true....

upon reading the lyrics... it doesn't sound like a diss...

i dont think jay's gonna diss joe....

the battle would be great, but lyrically.... could jay win??????

i mean to me... the pump it up freestyle was more of a diss than this... and budden k!lled jay.....btw... jay's verse was fire!!!!!
 08-24-2009, 02:33 PM         #80
Sir Shiesty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we dont belive you , you need more people
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
39 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy