"Young Hov, tell them Ordinary Joe's, Budden up...." - Jay-Z

most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
190 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
128 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #41
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478 OP
space
space
$54,865 | Props total: 25622 25622
this is my take from it every one knows joe calls himself ordinary joe and regular joe button up means to shut up put it all together and you have 'tell them ordinary joes to button up if it's not a sublim it's a very good play on words either way he was well aware what kind of attention he would get from that line... oh and it just so happens to be on his album lmfao
 8 years ago '04        #42
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,161 | Props total: 1607 1607
 REAL_NESS said:
wait what?

A subliminal is supposed to be slick and witty. Me and you are not gonna agree. No point going back and forth
wtf? look up the deffinition of subliminal my friend, "slick & witty" aint nowhere in there.. u act like a subliminal is a style of writing, n*gga a subliminal is basically saying something thats intended for someone but its not said blatantly, stop adding ur own deffinition to it
 8 years ago '07        #43
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
 REAL_NESS said:
fam thats backwards as hell. As a Joe Budden fan I would LOVE if Jay threw a shot at Joe so Joe can showcase his diss ability ONCE again.

What you said dont make sense plus the threadstarter is a huge Joe Budden fan.

Im just a pragmatic n*gga
Notice i said some not all. It wasn't directed towards all Budden fans(me being one of them).
 08-24-2009, 01:25 PM         #44
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deLeet said:
its bigger than joe budden no1 is thinkin about that man, i say he's speaking on all the rappers who is trying to be a trendsetter now, reminder..........
exactly, its not that deep. I dont even think Jay would know that Joe called himself "regular Joe" unless he really a Joe Budden fan on the low
 08-24-2009, 01:26 PM         #45
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
exactly, its not that deep. I dont even think Jay would know that Joe called himself "regular Joe" unless he really a Joe Budden fan on the low
I bet 70% of joe budden fans don't even know that was his alias or whatever
 8 years ago '06        #46
space
space
 REAL_NESS said:
fam thats backwards as hell. As a Joe Budden fan I would LOVE if Jay threw a shot at Joe so Joe can showcase his diss ability ONCE again.

What you said dont make sense plus the threadstarter is a huge Joe Budden fan.

Im just a pragmatic n*gga

i agree 100% i'm just saying jay wait to n*ggas turn around/take they mind off him and do some s**t like this lol

[pic - click to view]

08-24-2009, 01:27 PM         #47
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bruce Leeroy said:
Notice i said some not all. It wasn't directed towards all Budden fans(me being one of them).
But that still makes no sense because if your any type of Joe Budden fan you would want to hype this up and make this a battle situation because dissing is what Joe does best.

But Im not thinking like that, Im just looking at the line in context. Has nothing to do with being familiar with "clever wordplay" or being slow, its all perception in terms of this line
 8 years ago '07        #48
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
 REAL_NESS said:
Fam Jay and Budden knew each other @ one point. Just because Jay is so high up on the ladder doesn't mean that he wouldn't know something like that. We gotta remember that Joe was the hottest n*gga on the mixtape scene besides 50 @ one point. I think he would know IMO.
 8 years ago '07        #49
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
 REAL_NESS said:
But that still makes no sense because if your any type of Joe Budden fan you would want to hype this up and make this a battle situation because dissing is what Joe does best.

But Im not thinking like that, Im just looking at the line in context. Has nothing to do with being familiar with "clever wordplay" or being slow, its all perception in terms of this line
So you're telling me that its so hard to believe that Jay quick jabbed the n*gga when he jabbed a far more less known n*gga like Meeno from Harlem World? It's not like Jay hasn't done it before.
 8 years ago '05        #50
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,721 | Props total: 2161 2161
hey i got an idea...let cite another random jay-z line and try to start a big a.ss argument about something else that aint got shiit to do with nuttin?
 08-24-2009, 01:31 PM         #51
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deLeet said:
I bet 70% of joe budden fans don't even know that was his alias or whatever
word, thats my point and even then its a stretch but we'll see how far the internet runs with it because you know Joe gonna come up with some kind if video or opinion if people run with it even more

hey i got an idea...let cite another random jay-z line and try to start a big a.ss argument about something else that aint got shiit to do with nuttin?
 8 years ago '04        #52
space
space
space
I think some ppl are pushing it a lil with the him calling himself "Ordinary Joe" thing, cus I didnt even know that & I doubt Jay did.. I think its just a play on his name "Joe" & everybodys heard the term "average/ordinary Joe" before, so it clearly makes sense
 8 years ago '05        #53
PBoy03 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,418 | Props total: 524 524
Jay-Z is gay. Stupid old man.
 08-24-2009, 01:36 PM         #54
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When jay-z stopped rocking jerseys and he put on the buttons ups, everybody else followed. Remember?
 8 years ago '04        #55
space
space
space
 deLeet said:
When jay-z stopped rocking jerseys and he put on the buttons ups, everybody else followed. Remember?
no...
 8 years ago '08        #56
Loyalist 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,153 | Props total: 303 303
didn't wayne have a line that mentioned Joe's name? Budden just played that off in one of his vids im sure he'll do the same with this...

"I don't respond to a sublime it ain't hurt that much"
 08-24-2009, 01:41 PM         #57
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f**k a subliminal, tell Jay-Z to grow some nuts, and say what he actually mean.

Jay-Z lost.
 08-24-2009, 01:43 PM         #58
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 polorsport2345 said:
no...
You must have been listening to britney spears cause ALL rappers stopped f**king with throwbacks after that... Mitchell and Ness died over night in the rap.
 8 years ago '07        #59
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
I knew as soon as I heard this line, There would be a 10 page thread on BX.. Turnin' nothing into something.
 8 years ago '06        #60
space
space
man this is just like when jay used joes onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn when he said

'how the f**k you got signed how the hell u get onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn'

and n*ggas said it wasn't a diss jay stay taking shots
Home      

most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
123 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
272 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
26 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
62 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
63 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
112 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
88 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy