Thoughts On 'Jay-Z & Drake - Off That'?

most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
38 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
25 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-23-2009, 04:04 PM         #41
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bkjj11 said:
timbs to a dude who makes millions of dollars is like any of us wearing filas.
jay been rich for a long time, he's mad because timbs don't want his camel face wearing his shoes
 08-23-2009, 04:05 PM         #42
hurricanegamePZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Donaldsjuan said:
Jay z is sounding like a hater... every song is negative energy about something the youth is doing. Damn dude, we not billionaires, get over it. No one in my city can relate to this joints he's dropping.
EXACTLY...i couldnt pinpoint why it is that im not too hyped to bump this s**t in the whip and thats exactly it..dude has a lotta negative energy..must be the mid life crisis

and beat is aight..not timbos best work either..
 8 years ago '07        #43
BigAssTree 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$546 | Props total: 0 0
Drake would've murdered this beat. That's f**ked up how he's only on the hook.
 8 years ago '07        #44
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
Nothing spectacular, But it ain't that bad.. Could of been better.
 8 years ago '04        #45
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
Jay better have some Song Cries, Never Changes, and some Hola Hovitos for this album to be remotely dope...
 08-23-2009, 04:07 PM         #46
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why dudes so mad in this thread? It be the same n*ggas too.

Flow was crazy, lyrics were forgettable except I liked the Rush Limbaugh shout out

I told you dumb n*ggas that just because you see a name as a "feature" it doesn't automatically mean they have a verse and sure enough no verse by Drake

All in all, not a mind-blowing track, just decent but I gotta give it more listens
 8 years ago '06        #47
ehizzy3 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,917 | Props total: 502 502
what garbage
 08-23-2009, 04:08 PM         #48
deLeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We off that!

its decent
 8 years ago '08        #49
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,829 | Props total: 9147 9147
The beat is unbearable to listen to
Jay... all his verses are practically lmfao.

Yeah... I see no reason to "hate", I don't like this or anything he's put out in the last while.
 08-23-2009, 04:11 PM         #50
kingz21  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man dope a.ss beat. Dope a.ss hook by drake, he should of had a verse but its all good. Jay did his thing on the song. I like his flow on this song, need to listen to it more. I love the concept, tho. haha oversize clothes n*gga we off that.
 8 years ago '04        #51
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,411 | Props total: 3477 3477
The flow is nice and the hook is tight (coming from someone who thinks Drake is f**king awful)....
But that's where it ends.

Jay-Z right about now sounds like one of those dude's that's mad at the entire world right now and wants to create new trends on some "Destroy and Rebuild" type s**t... I swear every track I've heard from him in the last year is just trying to s**t on things that are popular in black culture..

Next thing you know in his next track he's gonna swear off sneakers and gas guzzling cars....

Jigga since Black Album = :thumbsdow
 8 years ago '08        #52
Showtimegp 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,550 | Props total: 41 41
beats suck..drake k!lled jay hahahaha
 08-23-2009, 04:13 PM         #53
deLeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you heard history? all rappers brag and they ALL try to be c*cky on records cause its competition but when its jay-z ITS A BIG DEAL

str8_akademiks said:
The flow is nice and the hook is tight (coming from someone who thinks Drake is f**king awful)....
But that's where it ends.

Jay-Z right about now sounds like one of those dude's that's mad at the entire world right now and wants to create new trends on some "Destroy and Rebuild" type s**t... I swear every track I've heard from him in the last year is just trying to s**t on things that are popular in black culture..

Next thing you know in his next track he's gonna swear off sneakers and gas guzzling cars....

Jigga since Black Album = :thumbsdow
 08-23-2009, 04:14 PM         #54
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:
i like the beat, like the flow, the way he sung the hook was pretty good also. lyrics are weak, this isnt trash by any means but it isnt close to being classic either. 3 tracks in and this is shaping up average as f**k
I think you're being too critical. What Jay-Z single has been super lyrical? Just saying.

Anyways, he has a perfect balance between lyrics, flow, and the beat. Nothing really outshines the other enough to where I would want to put Jay on a different beat, or listen to an instrumental by itself.

If a guy likes the beat with a hook, Tim, Drake, and Jay did their thing.

If a guy who likes to listen to lyrics, the subject matter is cohesive, I relate to what he's saying. The lifestyles portrayed by a lot of rappers have been stagnant since the late 90's.

I'm not calling anything a classic until I know I'm still listening to this s**t 2-3 years from now.
 8 years ago '07        #55
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,589 | Props total: 5328 5328
Meh, s'alright.....

Last edited by Verse; 08-23-2009 at 04:16 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #56
jj01 
space
space
$44,969 | Props total: 4685 4685
 REAL_NESS said:
why dudes so mad in this thread? It be the same n*ggas too.

Flow was crazy, lyrics were forgettable except I liked the Rush Limbaugh shout out

I told you dumb n*ggas that just because you see a name as a "feature" it doesn't automatically mean they have a verse and sure enough no verse by Drake

All in all, not a mind-blowing track, just decent but I gotta give it more listens

because they, well at least i had some high expectations for this album with its namesake but this is shaping up to be a regular jay forgettable album. u right its not horrible at all, but alot of ppl were expecting excellence from the final chapter in the bp series.
 08-23-2009, 04:16 PM         #57
kris_m24  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
track is average, but will be big in the club which is obviously the purpose of the song. But hopefully this is the last pop/crossover song on the album. I still got high hopes for bp3
 8 years ago '04        #58
K i n g R 926 
space
space
$3,068 | Props total: 1 1
i wish Jay and Cole track would have leaked first.. @ this garbaagggee
 8 years ago '06        #59
jj01 
space
space
$44,969 | Props total: 4685 4685
i like run this town the best out of the leaks.
 08-23-2009, 04:18 PM         #60
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:
because they, well at least i had some high expectations for this album with its namesake but this is shaping up to be a regular jay forgettable album. u right its not horrible at all, but alot of ppl were expecting excellence from the final chapter in the bp series.
another regular forgettable album? but you don't really like Jay like that, well at least you portray that you don't.

We've heard 3 tracks so far, I think its too quick to make a.ssumptions and predictions. Everybody need to relax and take the album for what it is when it drops.

and what namesake? Blueprint was classic and blueprint 2 was sub-par with a few gems. n*ggas to critical like we in English Lit class, I just want dope music
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
26 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy