Steph Kegels
65 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
21 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
235 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-11-2009, 01:38 PM         #121
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What a pointless comeback, I love the Coen bros and dislike the films of Luc Godard, I never once mentioned him in high regard, way to generalize in defense of your hero f**got. Its clear you have no point you should have left it at Kubrick > Tarantino instead of dragging a tired argument.

Any real movie fan realizes the best movies were of the past, that doesn't make my arguments against Tarantino any less credible as I can compare him to Ethan Coen, Martin Scorsese or others who still make classics. No Country and The Departed alone are better than the films you worship, what is your point going to be now?

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 09-11-2009 at 01:40 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #122
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,839 | Props total: 4138 4138
 smokeweed101. said:
What a pointless comeback, I love the Coen bros and dislike the films of Luc Godard, I never once mentioned him in high regard, way to generalize in defense of your hero f**got. Its clear you have no point you should have left it at Kubrick > Tarantino instead of dragging a tired argument.

Any real movie fan realizes the best movies were of the past, that doesn't make my arguments against Tarantino any less credible as I can compare him to Ethan Coen, Martin Scorsese or others who still make classics. No Country and The Departed alone are better than the films you worship, what is your point going to be now?
As I said, you're in denial. I clearly laid out the case. You hate these new filmmakers because they're new. Old school classics have been the foundation, but it's up to the new generation to keep building upon that in new inventive ways. You can't accept that fact because you have Kubricks d*ck in your mouth. And for the record, I never ONCE said that Tarantino was the best director. i said he was my favorite, there is a different between ackowledging someone who's the best, and picking a favorite that appeals to you. I'm finished arguing with you because you keep repeating the same points. So, I'm finished.

And, speaking of... There Will Be Blood was WAY better than No Country, which sucked because of the ending. The Coen's last really great film was fargo, and a couple of hits and MASSIVE misses in between.

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 09-11-2009 at 02:12 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #123
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:

I find it interesting that you have dissolved your sorta/kinda intelligent points into name calling. I'm merely pointing out that there may be holes in your little 'argument', which there definitely is.

Bottom line is this: you are not going to change my mind, so if that is what you are trying to do, then please give up.

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 09-11-2009 at 02:17 PM..
 09-11-2009, 02:40 PM         #124
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
As I said, you're in denial. I clearly laid out the case. You hate these new filmmakers because they're new. Old school classics have been the foundation, but it's up to the new generation to keep building upon that in new inventive ways. You can't accept that fact because you have Kubricks d*ck in your mouth. And for the record, I never ONCE said that Tarantino was the best director. i said he was my favorite, there is a different between ackowledging someone who's the best, and picking a favorite that appeals to you. I'm finished arguing with you because you keep repeating the same points. So, I'm finished.

And, speaking of... There Will Be Blood was WAY better than No Country, which sucked because of the ending. The Coen's last really great film was fargo, and a couple of hits and MASSIVE misses in between.
Big Lebowski > Tarantino's last 15 years.

Sit in a corner and watch more film, your mad because Kubrick s**ts on Trantino so you have to attack my opinion on film, you are the f**got for not taking the argument and making a point but yet getting sensitive on the facts I bring up about Tarantino and his praised filmmaking and writing skills.

Just face it you already admited he is not better so no need to continue this bulls**t.
 09-11-2009, 02:41 PM         #125
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
I find it interesting that you have dissolved your sorta/kinda intelligent points into name calling. I'm merely pointing out that there may be holes in your little 'argument', which there definitely is.

Bottom line is this: you are not going to change my mind, so if that is what you are trying to do, then please give up.
My points were all ignored, it is a waste arguing with bias Tarantino fans.
 8 years ago '05        #126
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:

Sit in a corner and watch more film, your mad because Kubrick s**ts on Trantino so you have to attack my opinion on film, you are the f**got for not taking the argument and making a point but yet getting sensitive on the facts I bring up about Tarantino and his praised filmmaking and writing skills.

Just face it you already admited he is not better so no need to continue this bulls**t.
As I said, I'm done. You're the one who keeps responding with meaningless messages, and childish name calling. Sorry, but I am not the Kubrick fan that you are. And, I am not the Coens fan that you are. You're yelling at the wall at this point.
 8 years ago '05        #127
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:

And just in case you wanna respond with one of your little temper tantrums, I should probably repeat what I said in a previous post:

I never ONCE said that Tarantino was the best director. i said he was my favorite, there is a different between ackowledging someone who's the best, and picking a favorite that appeals to you.
You know what that means? That means that I personally think that Tarantino's films appeal to me more than Kubrick. That means that I like Kubrick's film less than Tarantino's films... By juxtaposition, I think that Tarantino's films are better TO ME.

I don't know how simpler I can say it. It's my opinion, and that's that.

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 09-11-2009 at 03:14 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #128
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
Wow... Can't we all just say whether we liked the film or not... Everyone has differing taste in movies.. I actually liked this movie a lot but not everyone will agree and thats cool.. I mean you guys are in here comparing apples to apples.. all the directors/films you're naming in here are above average to great in my eyes.. s**t if you want a real debate, come to my house and argue with my girl as to why Tyler Perry sucks because I am tired of having that argument
 09-13-2009, 07:18 AM         #129
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
As I said, I'm done. You're the one who keeps responding with meaningless messages, and childish name calling. Sorry, but I am not the Kubrick fan that you are. And, I am not the Coens fan that you are. You're yelling at the wall at this point.
Keep saying what you want but im putting solid points out there and you couldn't relate due to the lack of films watched, basically no point as you said arguing with someone who doesn't know better.

I thought you had a good sense of film but this proved me wrong, stick to your remakes and blockbusters no need to call me childish.

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 09-13-2009 at 07:19 AM..
 09-13-2009, 07:21 AM         #130
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nu Tymez said:
Wow... Can't we all just say whether we liked the film or not... Everyone has differing taste in movies.. I actually liked this movie a lot but not everyone will agree and thats cool.. I mean you guys are in here comparing apples to apples.. all the directors/films you're naming in here are above average to great in my eyes.. s**t if you want a real debate, come to my house and argue with my girl as to why Tyler Perry sucks because I am tired of having that argument
I did stay on topic of this movie, these 2 Tarantino fans started calling him the best and better than established legends so I corrected them, not my problem people want attention.

And Tyler Perry sucks a.ss I already settled that with my girl.
 8 years ago '05        #131
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
Keep saying what you want but im putting solid points out there and you couldn't relate due to the lack of films watched, basically no point as you said arguing with someone who doesn't know better.

I thought you had a good sense of film but this proved me wrong, stick to your remakes and blockbusters no need to call me childish.
hahahaha! Way to limit your film sensibilties. Blockbusters and remakes are a dime a dozen. Just because I like them doesn't mean that is all I watch.

For the record, I love the Coen's film, but they haven't made a great film since Fargo. Sorry, but There Will Be Blood was better than anything that the Coens have made in the last 15 years.

And Kubrick is a great visionary, but his film do not appeal to my tastes as a film person. That doesn't mean that I don't love film. Kubrick is not the be all, end all that you are suggesting him to be.

And, if you wanna take about a sense of film, then Kubrick shouldn't be the only one in your vocabulary. What about Sam Fuller, or John Ford, or John Huston? What about Otto Preminger, or William Friedkin, or Werner Herzog? They've contributed as much, if not more, than Kubrick.

Stop being a high and mighty film snob. You're not proving mucch of anything. You're not changing any minds here.

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 09-13-2009 at 08:14 AM..
 09-13-2009, 09:16 AM         #132
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
And, if you wanna take about a sense of film, then Kubrick shouldn't be the only one in your vocabulary. What about Sam Fuller, or John Ford, or John Huston? What about Otto Preminger, or William Friedkin, or Werner Herzog? They've contributed as much, if not more, than Kubrick.
I was going to ignore your s**t and make a solid point, you prefer a Jackie Brown I prefer a Big Lebowski, I think Tarantino has been a.ss since Fiction you say the same about Coen and Fargo.

Then you bring up this as if your educating me, I am a big fan of Preminger (Laura, AOAM etc) and Huston made some good flicks with Bogart, Herzog and Ford I don't favor but respect, not a fan of Fuller or Friedkin, besides John Ford you haven't named anyone on par with Kubrick.

You want to make a list of influential film makers you have to start with the foreign masters such as Fellini, Bergman, Hitchcock, Kurosawa, Renoir, Bunuel, Tarkovsky, Murnau, Truffaut, Lang, Sica, Bertolucci, Melville, Rossellini, Leone etc.

Then the American's Lumet, Kubrick, Chaplin, Wilder, Welles, Kazan, a long with Preminger Ford and Huston as you mentioned, that is an influential list the majority of cinema me and you watch can't be argued was inspired by foreign master pieces from those guys I first mentioned. This is all my opinion (so you won't get upset) :greetings10:

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 09-13-2009 at 09:23 AM..
 09-13-2009, 09:20 AM         #133
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pulp Fictions overdose scene is a rip on Fellini's La Dolce Vita and the hit men are derived from Pierre Mellville classics, you should appreciate these guys if your a real Trantino fan.
 8 years ago '04        #134
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,739 | Props total: 6444 6444
blah blah blah

I though this movie was awesome!!
 8 years ago '05        #135
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
I was going to ignore your s**t and make a solid point, you prefer a Jackie Brown I prefer a Big Lebowski, I think Tarantino has been a.ss since Fiction you say the same about Coen and Fargo.

Then you bring up this as if your educating me, I am a big fan of Preminger (Laura, AOAM etc) and Huston made some good flicks with Bogart, Herzog and Ford I don't favor but respect, not a fan of Fuller or Friedkin, besides John Ford you haven't named anyone on par with Kubrick.

You want to make a list of influential film makers you have to start with the foreign masters such as Fellini, Bergman, Hitchcock, Kurosawa, Renoir, Bunuel, Tarkovsky, Murnau, Truffaut, Lang, Sica, Bertolucci, Melville, Rossellini, Leone etc.

Then the American's Lumet, Kubrick, Chaplin, Wilder, Welles, Kazan, a long with Preminger Ford and Huston as you mentioned, that is an influential list the majority of cinema me and you watch can't be argued was inspired by foreign master pieces from those guys I first mentioned. This is all my opinion (so you won't get upset) :greetings10:
I understand, homie. trust me, I'm a huge fan of foreign cinema. Especially french new wave films. And, I also very much appreciate Italian filmmakers, and Hong Kong cinema. So, I know what you're saying. I was brought up with a mix of those films, and more mainstream films. That is why I can appreciate a film like "Day for Night", while watching a movie like "Jaws". That's just me anyway.
 09-14-2009, 11:16 AM         #136
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good discussion, appreciate the opinions even in disagreement.
 8 years ago '09        #137
Ms Ambitious 249 heat pts249
space
space
$8,395 | Props total: 7107 7107
Ya'll really argued for 8 pages about this s**t:laughing9:

I will never understand why people get mad at opinion's. Like when I said I hated Bad Boys 2, the whole thread started a lynch mob against me
 01-19-2010, 06:05 PM         #138
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ms Ambitious said:
Ya'll really argued for 8 pages about this s**t:laughing9:

I will never understand why people get mad at opinion's. Like when I said I hated Bad Boys 2, the whole thread started a lynch mob against me
Nobody is mad, I respect Omega's opinion he is one of the best critics on here.

With that said IB is extremely overrated, I'll still take Eyes Wide Shut's camera and script anyday. Kubrick never made a bad movie.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
joie chavis
35 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
8 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
58 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
194 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy