My review of "Inglourious Basterds"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #81
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
Saw it last night.
The beginning really set the tone. It pretty much gave you a glimpse of what the movie will consist of: a lot of f**king talk and some action.
Was it me or was there not enough action scene with pitt and his crew k!lling nazi? I mean they could have atleast shown the scene when that german soldier told them where the other germans were at in the map.
Also that italian part was hilarious lol
"but idk how to speak italian" priceless

the end was off the hook. Loved it
but why the hell did that deal go down?!? How does a nazi make a deal with nazi k!llers? Lol thats like an american Soldier making a deal with someone in iraq.
That part was a bit confusing

I was dying when they kept shooting hitler though lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Manny05; 08-30-2009 at 11:54 AM..
 08-30-2009, 03:38 PM         #82
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Movie is horribly boring, makes Schindler's List look like a Super Bowl game, the dialogue is irrelevant 80% of the time and he jumps from subject to subject, one minute the jews want to k!ll nazis, the next scene is an hour long convo about German cinema and nazis eating desserts.

Possibly Quentins worst along with Grindhouse and k!ll Bill, he gets worse each passing year and this film exposes him as the talentless thief of modern cinema.
 8 years ago '06        #83
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2318 2318
Tarantino>Kubrick

get mad.
 8 years ago '04        #84
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 23 23
 modalee81 said:
Tarantino>Kubrick

get mad.
STFU
 08-30-2009, 09:17 PM         #85
Atlanta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
Tarantino>Kubrick

get mad.

geeks will break their scrawny arms off that one
 08-30-2009, 09:53 PM         #86
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
Tarantino>Kubrick

get mad.
Your just another kid wrapped in this trend, I have no reason to be mad. Your statement is bulls**t.
 08-30-2009, 09:54 PM         #87
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kubrick was a far far superior writer than Tarantino, Kubrick didn't have to bite Sergio Leone another legend to push his career, your comparing a hack to a genius.
 08-30-2009, 11:00 PM         #88
WEREWOLF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
Tarantino>Kubrick

get mad.
youre obviously to young of mind and spirit to understand the blasphemy you just commited...even tarantino would slap the earth wind and fire out of you for that statement
 8 years ago '05        #89
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4136 4136
 modalee81 said:
Tarantino>Kubrick

get mad.
Hell No, bruh... You're trippin...

I mean, I love Tarantino films, but you are WAY wrong on that.
 8 years ago '06        #90
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2318 2318
Kubrick only made 3 great films everything else was overrated
 08-31-2009, 07:17 AM         #91
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kubrick never made a bad film (unless you count his first 2 and Eyes Wide Shut which were not bad), Tarantino only made 2 good films I presume, but from Jackie Brown to Basterds is a collection full of trash and stolen material, plus Pulp Fiction wouldn't make the top of Kubricks list, but then again your the only idiot arguing this point.

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 08-31-2009 at 07:19 AM..
 08-31-2009, 07:19 AM         #92
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Hell No, bruh... You're trippin...

I mean, I love Tarantino films, but you are WAY wrong on that.
This is Tarantino's biggest fan too, btw what was the point of this damn movie? Was the translation altering the script? Because it felt flat at times.

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 08-31-2009 at 07:22 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #93
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
This is Tarantino's biggest fan too, btw what was the point of this damn movie? Was the translation altering the script? Because it felt flat at times.
I mean, do any of his movies have a point? If you asked somebody what Pulp Fiction is about, they'd tell you a bunch of different things because everybody gets something different out of his films.

I guess it's just you, homie. The script never really felt flat to me. I was always somehow interested in the dialogue, even when it was subtitled. And, I don't really think he's stealing a bunch of sources... It's like producers and DJ's... they sample original works from the past to create something new. I think that is what he's doing, which is the reason why I think alot of this works because he acknowledges all of the stuff he is sampling. You can CLEARLY see that there is a strrong Sergio Leone influence here. But, as I was watching it, I didn't think about that too strongly. That's just my opinion.

I know you're tougher on some movies than I am, so it's all subjective. I knew that this was the type of film that would polarize people...

And, Kubrick's last film, "Eyes Wide Shut" was garbage, and I wish that folks wouldn't overrate that just because he's dead. Kubrick has made plenty of GENIUS films, but "Eyes Wide Shut" is not one of them. at all.
 08-31-2009, 07:55 AM         #94
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
I mean, do any of his movies have a point? If you asked somebody what Pulp Fiction is about, they'd tell you a bunch of different things because everybody gets something different out of his films.

I guess it's just you, homie. The script never really felt flat to me. I was always somehow interested in the dialogue, even when it was subtitled. And, I don't really think he's stealing a bunch of sources... It's like producers and DJ's... they sample original works from the past to create something new. I think that is what he's doing, which is the reason why I think alot of this works because he acknowledges all of the stuff he is sampling. You can CLEARLY see that there is a strrong Sergio Leone influence here. But, as I was watching it, I didn't think about that too strongly. That's just my opinion.

I know you're tougher on some movies than I am, so it's all subjective. I knew that this was the type of film that would polarize people...

And, Kubrick's last film, "Eyes Wide Shut" was garbage, and I wish that folks wouldn't overrate that just because he's dead. Kubrick has made plenty of GENIUS films, but "Eyes Wide Shut" is not one of them. at all.
I would say Pulp and Dogs have a strong meaning, his masterpiece of course Pulp Fiction had a message to go with its meaningless violence and raw dialogue. This movie as most of his recent ones have been just attempts at captavating the audience with no central meaning, the movie seemed to be all talk and no back bone and I was highly disappointed.

Now I love dialogue and could care less for action, I love history, so from everything I read I expected more. He could be "sampling" or "paying homage" as Quentin followers love to say but what a horrible attempt. I seriously couldn't stop laughing, Pits' idiotic accent, the boring build up followed by a guy with a bat. Leone used the camera to buildup and Quentin failed to realize he can't direct, he can only write.

And sorry to say but Eyes Wide Shut is still better than k!ll Bill, Jackie Brown, Grindhouse, and Inglorious Basterds.
 08-31-2009, 07:57 AM         #95
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That connection between Roth and Keitel in Reservoir Dogs, him being a cop and the other a criminal, that was when Quentin had a meaning in his films.
 8 years ago '07        #96
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,364 | Props total: 184 184
I sawe this film yesterday and all I can say is

WOW its too gory and bloody,All the neck getting cut up and peopel gettin stab and the face and mopped with bats i dont know if i can take,It was way too much violence,worse damn a horror movie

i guess i should stick to comedys and romances
 8 years ago '07        #97
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 smokeweed101. said:
Kubrick never made a bad film (unless you count his first 2 and Eyes Wide Shut which were not bad), Tarantino only made 2 good films I presume, but from Jackie Brown to Basterds is a collection full of trash and stolen material, plus Pulp Fiction wouldn't make the top of Kubricks list, but then again your the only idiot arguing this point.
I'll put Kubrick over Tarantino anyday too but nothing is ever original now a days at least. Most thing are either from a novel or straight cliched and everyone has seen it before. Only originality is the how a screenwriter or director spins their own version.

Last edited by TH35; 08-31-2009 at 02:42 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #98
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,675 | Props total: 2309 2309
 smokeweed101. said:
Kubrick was a far far superior writer than Tarantino, Kubrick didn't have to bite Sergio Leone another legend to push his career, your comparing a hack to a genius.
A far superior writer? How? everything he "wrote" was adapted from a book? Everyone knows Kubrick is the best director ever, but saying he is a far superior writer than arguably the best writer/director in the last 20 years is reaching.
 08-31-2009, 08:29 PM         #99
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 904Nole said:
A far superior writer? How? everything he "wrote" was adapted from a book? Everyone knows Kubrick is the best director ever, but saying he is a far superior writer than arguably the best writer/director in the last 20 years is reaching.
Tarantino is in no way as good of a writer, his scripts have been trash since Pulp Fiction, so last 20 years? No way in hell, Kubrick wrote A Clockwork Orange, Shining, Full Metal Jacket, Paths of Glory, Dr Strangelove, Lolita, 2001, should I go on? All better than pretty much 90% of Tarantino's catalog.

If you want to say Tarantino is a better writer than Kubrick, when he isn't even top 10, at least make a serious argument, Kubrick, Wilder, Welles, Kurosawa, and even Leone s**t on Tarantino in writing kid.

Also I have and read The Shining and Clockwork Orange book, the latter is pne of my faves but Kubrick's version is superior than both novels imo.

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 08-31-2009 at 08:43 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #100
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
Tarantino is in no way as good of a writer, his scripts have been trash since Pulp Fiction, so last 20 years? No way in hell, Kubrick wrote A Clockwork Orange, Shining, Full Metal Jacket, Paths of Glory, Dr Strangelove, Lolita, 2001, should I go on? All better than pretty much 90% of Tarantino's catalog.

If you want to say Tarantino is a better writer than Kubrick, when he isn't even top 10, at least make a serious argument, Kubrick, Wilder, Welles, Kurosawa, and even Leone s**t on Tarantino in writing kid.

Also I have and read The Shining and Clockwork Orange book, the latter is pne of my faves but Kubrick's version is superior than both novels imo.
The Shining as a book is FAR FAR superior to the film, which I love. And so is A Clockwork Orange.

Kubrick as a director is genius. I can acknowledge that. But, his films, to me, are not entertaining... The only ones that I feel are fully entertaining is "The Shining" and "Dr. Strangelove". Films are entertainment. Quentin aims to entertain.

And, about your other point about the 'messages' in Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs... what messages would you be speaking of? "don't shoot people in the head in a car".... or "don't let your date OD on your drugs"... or the ever classic "UNDERCOVER COP STORY"... OOOOH!!!! HOW DEEP.

Sorry bruh, but when your writing is the most imitated and copied in the 20th and 21st century, how in the hell can you not call that good writing? Kubrick is a genius director, but get off his nuts. besides... Hitchcock was better anyway.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
188 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
76 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
22 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago