My review of "Inglourious Basterds"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #61
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 23 23
Jackie brown is a well made movie. After Jackie Brown it's been all down hill

Inglorious Basterds is a decent movie but it wasn't great.
 8 years ago '05        #62
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
$9,281 | Props total: 782 782
 Classefied said:
am i the only who got bored at the German dialog at some times got damn.. they were talking 2 much..

Besides in the beginning with the bat and the final scene, there wasnt that much nazi k!lling

most of the movie was german dialog??

no hate... but come on

ps: Jackie Brown was a good movie. thats a fact
I feel the same way. The movie was too slow. My homeboy basically slept through the dialog and was awake for those two scenes.
 8 years ago '05        #63
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,789 | Props total: 4738 4738
i heard that the movie lacks action......any truths to this

i heard its like 90% verbal 10% action..........dont get me wrong, i love a good script and funny acting BUT this is being sold as an all out over the top action film, but i been hearing it isnt
 8 years ago '05        #64
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
$9,281 | Props total: 782 782
 TDH Music said:
Nah I'd have to disagree...this movie was great. I can honestly say this was a great movie. I did notice one thing though.
[spoiler - click to view]

Did anyone else catch that? Other than that this movie was awesome...The

was the shyt lol

Jews are coming back for the 09 lol
Just because she got shot in her leg her shoe comes off? She just lost her right shoe cause of everything that went down.

The cut on Brad Pitts neck went unexplained. When I first saw it I thought there was going to be some story behind it.
 8 years ago '05        #65
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4136 4136
 youngvito18 said:
i heard that the movie lacks action......any truths to this

i heard its like 90% verbal 10% action..........dont get me wrong, i love a good script and funny acting BUT this is being sold as an all out over the top action film, but i been hearing it isnt
This is a Tarantino movie... NONE of his movies (besides k!ll Bill) are action movies.

This is a dope movie, because it has the balls to be mostly dialogue driven without it EVER getting boring. For the most part, I think that I was never ever bored, and was thoroughly interested in what was going on even with the talking...

And, if you are the type of person who hates subtitles... then stay far far away from this. I don't mind them, so it didn't bother me.
 8 years ago '04        #66
DUNN 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,002 | Props total: 79 79
 klew said:
The cut on Brad Pitts neck went unexplained. When I first saw it I thought there was going to be some story behind it.
He survived a lynching by the KKK

There's been talk of a prequel dealing with Aldo's exploits in Tennessee before he became a Basterd, dealing mainly with his moonshine business and his f!ght against White Supremacists. I think it's just wishful thinking, much like the k!ll Bill sequel QT has talked about in the past, I'll believe it when I see it.

One thing that disappointed me a bit concerning Basterds, was Donny's back story being dropped. The flashback scene in the script added an extra dimension to the Bear Jew character that I really liked. Hopefully we get to see it if an Extended cut is released.
 08-26-2009, 05:59 PM         #67
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Omega, go see The Goods and give us a review . I need to know if its a must see now or wait for DVD.
 8 years ago '05        #68
space
space
 TimeIsMoney said:
Omega, go see The Goods and give us a review . I need to know if its a must see now or wait for DVD.
I plan on seeing it soon. But, I've been backed up on my movie game, because suddenly there are all these major releases... This weekend, I have to see Halloween II, The Final Destination, and Inglourious Basterds again... I'll see The Goods as soon as time permits me. But, from what I'm hearing, it's hella funny.
 08-26-2009, 09:13 PM         #69
Classefied 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
This is a Tarantino movie... NONE of his movies (besides k!ll Bill) are action movies.

This is a dope movie, because it has the balls to be mostly dialogue driven without it EVER getting boring. For the most part, I think that I was never ever bored, and was thoroughly interested in what was going on even with the talking...

And, if you are the type of person who hates subtitles... then stay far far away from this. I don't mind them, so it didn't bother me.
i lovee good dialogs , i love the ones quentin uses in all of his movies..
in this movie i liked some.. but there was also alott that made me fall insleep.. and i wasnt the only one... mroe people said the same..

and you gotta admit there was too much lack of action, i expected to see bradd pitt and his crue k!ll a s**tload of nazi's , because when you think about it thats what the real concept of the movie is... the bastards k!lling nazi's

they did it with the bat, wich everyone has already seen before the movie came out..
in the bar....( well kinda ) ....
And the ending , the cinema scene... (climix was a little short)
the rest of it... is talkingggg , the story of the soldier falling in love with the french girl.. wasnt interesting
hans landa was the s**t.... he deserves a nomination for that role

i seemed that bradd pitt didnt really did alotta effort for this role..
the accent was kinda forced/fake

altho the scene where he was talking italian was hilarious

but i expected alot more
 8 years ago '05        #70
space
space
 Classefied said:
i lovee good dialogs , i love the ones quentin uses in all of his movies..
in this movie i liked some.. but there was also alott that made me fall insleep.. and i wasnt the only one... mroe people said the same..

and you gotta admit there was too much lack of action, i expected to see bradd pitt and his crue k!ll a s**tload of nazi's , because when you think about it thats what the real concept of the movie is... the bastards k!lling nazi's

they did it with the bat, wich everyone has already seen before the movie came out..
in the bar....( well kinda ) ....
And the ending , the cinema scene... (climix was a little short)
the rest of it... is talkingggg , the story of the soldier falling in love with the french girl.. wasnt interesting
hans landa was the s**t.... he deserves a nomination for that role

i seemed that bradd pitt didnt really did alotta effort for this role..
the accent was kinda forced/fake

altho the scene where he was talking italian was hilarious

but i expected alot more
Let me put it this way:

Look at Pulp Fiction... How much action was in that movie? almost none. But, it wasn't the action that got you interested in what was going on. It was the dialogue, getting to know the characters.

With this film, the dialogue acts as a slow burn effect. It is there and goes long to sustain a feeling of suspense that is building up. Honestly, I respect your opinion, But I really have to disagree. I never found the dialogue to be boring at all. I was always fully engrossed into what was going on.

Most movies are usually short bits of exposition to explain things and then lengthy sequences of action. it takes a filmmaker with balls to do the opposite. And, I respect it even more when the dialogue never got boring... Well, that's my opinion anyway.
 08-27-2009, 04:10 AM         #71
Spid3yo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think you all have drunk too much of the QT kool-aid. The dialogue was poorly written for the most part. Just because it was unique in german/french didn't actually make it better. As i said in the review thread, you could have cut a lot of the talking and still would have felt exactly the same way about the characters. It didn't add anything of value. Just because a director can do something doesn't mean that they "should" do it.

I like longer movies because you have more time to develop characters but there were so many that we didn't get to know most of them. I read an interview with BJ Novak (ryan from the office) talking about his character. Even he admitted there was no story about it, so he made one up in his head. He was a main guy at the end of the movie and yet we knew absolutely nothing about him. Maybe if they included 2 minutes of his story like they did with the Bear Jew we would have felt more connected. Instead we got 3 minutes of pointless dialog about a glass of milk.

It was a very good movie, just didn't develop all the characters as I would have liked, and a lot of the talking seemed more glitz than glamor.
 8 years ago '05        #72
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,112 | Props total: 1563 1563
I saw it last night, I liked it quite a bit. I would have liked to see more of the Basterds though. Hans was a great character

Brad Pitt's character had me cracking up, especially at the end in the cinema.
 8 years ago '04        #73
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 23 23
Christoph Waltz stole the show. He was awesome!
 08-29-2009, 02:24 PM         #74
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Let me put it this way:

Look at Pulp Fiction... How much action was in that movie? almost none. But, it wasn't the action that got you interested in what was going on. It was the dialogue, getting to know the characters.

With this film, the dialogue acts as a slow burn effect. It is there and goes long to sustain a feeling of suspense that is building up. Honestly, I respect your opinion, But I really have to disagree. I never found the dialogue to be boring at all. I was always fully engrossed into what was going on.

Most movies are usually short bits of exposition to explain things and then lengthy sequences of action. it takes a filmmaker with balls to do the opposite. And, I respect it even more when the dialogue never got boring... Well, that's my opinion anyway.

I couldn't agree more.
 8 years ago '07        #75
Just1Spark 
space
space
$2,234 | Props total: 75 75
Classic movie in my mind and there's nothing anyone can say to change it. Hans Lander stole the show.

f**king Bear Jew -
 8 years ago '04        #76
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,896 | Props total: 2006 2006
 Spid3yo said:
I think you all have drunk too much of the QT kool-aid. The dialogue was poorly written for the most part. Just because it was unique in german/french didn't actually make it better. As i said in the review thread, you could have cut a lot of the talking and still would have felt exactly the same way about the characters. It didn't add anything of value. Just because a director can do something doesn't mean that they "should" do it.

I like longer movies because you have more time to develop characters but there were so many that we didn't get to know most of them. I read an interview with BJ Novak (ryan from the office) talking about his character. Even he admitted there was no story about it, so he made one up in his head. He was a main guy at the end of the movie and yet we knew absolutely nothing about him. Maybe if they included 2 minutes of his story like they did with the Bear Jew we would have felt more connected. Instead we got 3 minutes of pointless dialog about a glass of milk.

It was a very good movie, just didn't develop all the characters as I would have liked, and a lot of the talking seemed more glitz than glamor.

That's very very true. Did we ever find out anything about the Black guy at the cinema? I feel like we learned the most about Lt. Aldo Raine, Hans Landa aka the Jew Hunter, Bridget von Hammersmark and Fredrick Zoller. The rest of the characters were just kind of there.

I asked my friends at the end if

08-29-2009, 03:28 PM         #77
WEREWOLF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hans lander was hilarious, reminded me of the zapp brannigan character from futurama
 8 years ago '07        #78
agentSNAKE 
space
space
$1,002 | Props total: 0 0
Love this movie would pay to see it again and that not common for such a heavy dialog movie. Inglourious Basterds and D-9 was the only movie that didnt dissapoint me this year.
 8 years ago '07        #79
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
Q is really hit or miss IMO. I'm having a hard time convincing myself to go see this, even with the positive reviews... might check it next week. Thnx for review anyway.
 08-30-2009, 11:19 AM         #80
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I stopped watching after his comedic and cartoonish portrayal of Hitler, and the lack of original sound (the score sounds awfully familiar, still biting westerns?). Will smoke a bowl and watch the rest for laughs and see how it stacks up with PF/RD.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy