My review of "Inglourious Basterds"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '98        #41
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,191 | Props total: 3571 3571
GREAT MOVIE. Just watched it and loved every minute.
[spoiler - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #42
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,835 | Props total: 4102 4102
 ronnie said:
GREAT MOVIE. Just watched it and loved every minute.

8 years ago '05        #43
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:
How does the script stay up? That is really his strong point and if it is similar to his good work it has to have a solid script. I felt k!ll Bill and the others were weak in scripts that he doesn't try anymore due to popularity.
This one has a very strong script only because k!ll Bill were action films. This isn't. There's more time for dialogue, and just dope performances...
 8 years ago '06        #44
youngral 
space
space
$6,649 | Props total: 629 629
That movie was excellent
 8 years ago '05        #45
space
space
 ra1n said:
like i said in the review thread,

this movie is Genius. Shocking. must see movie. Arguably the best movie of the year.

The Hans Landa (Christoph Waltz) character stole the show. His acting/dialogue was absolutely brilliant. Dude spoke 4 languages in the movie!
For me, it's definitely the best movie of the year, hands down... I haven't seen anything as good as this.

And, just the fact that Christophe Waltz shifted through a bunch of different languages mid-scene is f*ckin insane... I was like "WHAAT?!?!"... But, if this guy does not get a nomination come Oscar time, there will be blood.
 08-24-2009, 12:39 AM         #46
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im too f**ked up to read that long a.ss review right now but Inglrious Basterds was amazing, definitely QTs third best of the movies he has written and directed (Reservior Dogs, Pulp Fiction)
 08-24-2009, 12:42 AM         #47
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thehogue... said:
True Romance is better than Jackie Brown to me but yea its all opinion.
True Romance is SOOO much better than Jackie Brown, but QT didnt direct it...

Jackie Brown and death Proof are his two wack movies.

Reservoir Dogs is the best, Inglorious Basterds is third.
 8 years ago '98        #48
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,191 | Props total: 3571 3571
 ra1n said:
The Hans Landa (Christoph Waltz) character stole the show. His acting/dialogue was absolutely brilliant.
His acting and dialogue was so good, I couldn't wait for him to GET k!llED. I was waiting for an epic gore scene with him being chopped up into pieces after being scalped, of course. That didn't happen unfortunately, and all I got to see was the carving of the swastika on his forehead.

My hate for the guy boiled over after the choke job he pulled on the actress though.
 08-24-2009, 03:47 AM         #49
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Watched it for the 2nd time tonight.

QT showed us what REAL suspense is. some REAL intensity. All these wannabe directors should take note and not dare label their film a thriller/suspense film and not live up to the bill. I especially loved the music during these instances too...

1) When Landa tells the French Farmer what to do and follow his lead, and then he switches his english back to french and acts all nice and this menacing a.ss music starts as you just wait for the soliders to walk in and waste away the jews

2) When Shoshanna hears Landa's name at the dinner table and then feels his presence behind her and that music drops... holy s**t.

I'm forgetting others, list them off, he definitely heightened the intensity with those well times musical drops
 08-24-2009, 04:01 AM         #50
ximaica 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
I might check it out soon, but the review seemed bias, Quentin Tarantino avoiding cliches? Unpredictable, yea right.
You neeed to see this movie just don't o with a girl and your straight. The whole time she was talking about how grossed out she was but DAMN this movie was on G-STATUS you want to see some nazi's get scalped watch this movie.
 08-24-2009, 04:07 AM         #51
ximaica 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Imagin3 said:
He always adds some "zzzzzz/negro" type s**t to his movies and I really don't understand why. I was mad uncomfortable with that because it really had nothing to do with the movie.
I haven't seen a lot of his movies but the negro in this movie was real in my opinion. I mean if you ask me he didn't do it enough i mean think about it they should have k!lled the black guy from the movie theater straight up. I was rolling when they said the thing about sports. This white couple TRIED to laugh all it took was one look from us and they shut up FAST.
 8 years ago '05        #52
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
i f**king loved it...great movie some great k!lling scenes too....love the baseball bat scene
 08-24-2009, 07:09 AM         #53
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Imagin3 said:
He always adds some "zzzzzz/negro" type s**t to his movies and I really don't understand why. I was mad uncomfortable with that because it really had nothing to do with the movie.
I wouldn't get uptight over it, it is in the nature of his characters, at least in RD/PF neo "noir" style where everyone is bad and has a dark side in a way. His best way at capturing a scene is through brutal dialogue without it he would be nothing.
 08-24-2009, 07:11 AM         #54
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
This one has a very strong script only because k!ll Bill were action films. This isn't. There's more time for dialogue, and just dope performances...
Alright I'll go watch it and see how it is.
 8 years ago '07        #55
dionedre3000 
space
space
$8,971 | Props total: 791 791
 Got Cheeve? said:
Watched it for the 2nd time tonight.

QT showed us what REAL suspense is. some REAL intensity. All these wannabe directors should take note and not dare label their film a thriller/suspense film and not live up to the bill. I especially loved the music during these instances too...

1) When Landa tells the French Farmer what to do and follow his lead, and then he switches his english back to french and acts all nice and this menacing a.ss music starts as you just wait for the soliders to walk in and waste away the jews

2) When Shoshanna hears Landa's name at the dinner table and then feels his presence behind her and that music drops... holy s**t.

I'm forgetting others, list them off, he definitely heightened the intensity with those well times musical drops
The music on number 2 was just that holy s**t. I liked the music

8 years ago '04        #56
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,046 | Props total: 4839 4839
i really hope he does the prequel with black soldiers. samuel l. jackson should be their lt.
 8 years ago '04        #57
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,834 | Props total: 2001 2001
jackie brown is a.ss this movie is leagues ahead of that
 08-25-2009, 10:16 PM         #58
Classefied 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
am i the only who got bored at the German dialog at some times got damn.. they were talking 2 much..

Besides in the beginning with the bat and the final scene, there wasnt that much nazi k!lling

most of the movie was german dialog??

no hate... but come on

ps: Jackie Brown was a good movie. thats a fact
 08-26-2009, 12:18 AM         #59
Conker122 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Great movie overall

Quentin Tarantino never ceases to amaze me with his movies(except for death Proof)

My Favorite Part: King Kong ;)
 8 years ago '06        #60
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,783 | Props total: 2280 2280
Jackie Brown is being heavily underrated on this site, its a very good movie.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy