Brett Favre to Minnesota [Official Thread]

most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
61 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
13 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1
7382 pageviews
232 comments

jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,419 | Props total: 3926 3926
Brett Favre to Minnesota [Official Thread]

Report: Favre is on a plane to Minnesota
Posted by Mike Florio on August 18, 2009 10:57 AM ET
The folks at WISN-TV in Milwaukee report that Brett and Deanna Favre have boarded in Hattiesburg a plane bearing a Vikings logo, within the past hour.

The plane reportedly is bound for Minneapolis.

Wow.

The administrative office at Hattiesburg Laurel Regional Airport report that Favre is on the plane.

Updated: August 18, 2009, 11:26 AM ET
Source: Favre to sign with VikingsComment Email Print Share ESPN.com news services

A source close to Brett Favre said the quarterback, pending a physical, will sign a contract with the Minnesota Vikings for between $10 million to $12 million, according to ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

CALBEAR707 said: image
Source-
[pic - click to view]

Favre reportedly agrees to deal with Vikings - NFL- nbcsports.msnbc.com

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - Brett Favre is coming back.

Several media outlets reported that Favre has agreed to a one-year deal worth around $12 million with the Minnesota Vikings. Favre will start Friday night in the Vikings' exhibition, ESPN reported.

ESPN also reported that Favre has a slightly torn rotator cuff, discovered by Dr. James Andrews several weeks ago.

The 39-year-old quarterback arrived at Vikings training camp Tuesday to meet with coach Brad Childress and others.

Childress even picked Favre up at the St. Paul airport in his SUV and drove him to Eden Prairie, where fans cheered as the pair arrived and a news helicopter circled overhead.

Childress confirmed the meeting in an e-mail to The a.ssociated Press and asked if the plan was to sign Favre, he replied: “In a perfect world.”

Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, e-mailed the AP: “No deal in place yet.”

The meeting comes just three weeks after Childress said Favre told him he would stay retired.

The Vikings finished training camp last week and beat Indianapolis 13-3 in their preseason opener Friday. They got a strong performance from quarterback Sage Rosenfels, who has been competing with Tarvaris Jackson for the starting job since Favre jilted the team July 28.

The longtime Green Bay star, who holds almost all the NFL’s career passing records, has never been much of a fan of offseason practices, though. Last summer, he ended his retirement with the Packers and forced a trade to the New York Jets, where he faded down the stretch amid problems with his throwing arm.

He had arthroscopic surgery to fix that in May, spent this summer working out and led everyone to believe he was on his way back to the NFL until his surprising announcement last month.

“It was the hardest decision I’ve ever made,” Favre told ESPN then. “I didn’t feel like physically I could play at a level that was acceptable.”

The next day, Childress was asked whether there was a chance the Vikings would still pursue Favre at later point. He said: “Not from my standpoint, no.” Owner Zygi Wilf reiterated that pledge during the first week of training camp.

And yet, here comes Favre, who turns 40 in October. He said last month he didn’t think he had enough left to get through a full season.

“I had to be careful not to commit for the wrong reasons,” Favre said then. “They were telling me, ’You went through all this, you had the surgery and you’ve got to finish it off.’ But I have legitimate reasons for my decision. I’m 39 with a lot of sacks to my name.”

The Vikings are expected to challenge for the NFC North title this season, whoever is behind center.
Rosenfels and Jackson had some rough moments during practice. Jackson hurt his knee, missed a few workouts and then returned, but he was out of sync last week against the Colts. Rosenfels did well, but preseason games are tough to evaluate and Indianapolis held out all four starting defensive backs.

Last edited by jumpman2304; 08-18-2009 at 10:41 AM..

232 comments for "Brett Favre to Minnesota [Official Thread]"

8 years ago '04        #2
stevecham 
space
space
$1,625 | Props total: 0 0
oh please, the NFC just got easier if Brett Favre is a starting QB.
 8 years ago '06        #3
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,019 | Props total: 10683 10683
was just watchin...said a source just he "WILL" sign today
 8 years ago '06        #4
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 stevecham said:
over tavaris jackson?I could be their qb and would improve the viking over jackson...sage on the other hand would be ok but doesn't look like they was going to start him anway
 8 years ago '04        #5
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
what a f**kin joke
 8 years ago '06        #6
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
honestly though he can really help the team if he doesn't try too hard.He has the best RB and a solid defense.I watched all of his games last year because i had him on fanatasy and he has no arm.Anything over 10-15 yards was a floater (could have been the arm injury).Anyway now he has no reciever (maybe harvin will be good) and he can't be tryin to force s**t.If he keeps it simple and just is accurate on short passes vikings can be a threat (they are already but not super bowl bound..they need a decent qb)
 8 years ago '06        #7
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 stevecham said:
9ers fans talkin s**t?
 8 years ago '04        #8
stevecham 
space
space
$1,625 | Props total: 0 0
 beantown85 said:
9ers fans talkin s**t?
What's it too ya? I would not touch Brett Favre at this point in his career. What does he bring to the table other than drama and a dead arm. Trust me no team is going to fear Brett Favre.

And I know Patriots don't have s**t to talk about letting a 1-15 Miami team take the division the next year.
 8 years ago '06        #9
pimpinatl 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,173 | Props total: 0 0
WCCO-TV is reporting that a high-level source with the Minnesota Vikings tells the station's Mark Rosen that quarterback Brett Favre is expected to sign with the team today.

Favre is on currently on his way to Minneapolis and is expected to sign with the team this afternoon, the station adding, citing its source.

PAUL WALSH

8 years ago '05        #10
b_eazy 62 heat pts62
space
space
$17,716 | Props total: 2360 2360
lions>>>>>>vikings
 8 years ago '04        #11
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
come f**k with us nowwwwwwwwwwww
 8 years ago '06        #12
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 beantown85 said:
9ers fans talkin s**t?
yea we're not allowed to bring cameras to the games and practices..we won our 5...I REPEAT 5 super bowls legit
 8 years ago '04        #13
space
space
lol at everyone clowing.

ITS BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE
 8 years ago '06        #14
pimpinatl 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,173 | Props total: 0 0
Not sure how this will work out....favre is on the tail-end of his career, and even with him not sure how much of an upgrade it wil be. The man can run or scramble which mean quick passes or try to put it in there, and he dont have the arm he use too. It will be interesting tho
 8 years ago '04        #15
space
space
already poppin here....

8 years ago '06        #16
Blockburner28 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,347 | Props total: 1426 1426
just heard it on espn radio. Now instead of people playing with the eagles in madden they can play with the viking

Last edited by Blockburner28; 08-18-2009 at 10:21 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #17
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 jumpman2304 said:
lol at everyone clowing.

ITS BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE
exactly
 8 years ago '04        #18
space
space
Posted by Mike Florio on August 18, 2009 11:01 AM ET
WCCO has seen the WISN report, and raised it.

According to Mark Rosen of the Minneapolis/St. Paul CBS affiliate, Favre will sign a contract with the Vikings today.
 8 years ago '04        #19
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
space
$18,701 | Props total: 15530 15530
damn.. favre is riding one hell of a rollercoaster ride
 8 years ago '04        #20
Rich21 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,071 | Props total: 26 26
Damn Cris Carter is MAD
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
115 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
82 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
170 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
118 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
121 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What you buying for your lady and kids for XMAS
52 comments
21 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy