MAG (ps3)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
234 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
112 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #61
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
what a surprise :hang:
 8 years ago '04        #62
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,129 | Props total: 780 780
i got it, but it still in the case, i'll return it if it has bad feedback

got the game for $40 though
 01-27-2010, 05:47 PM         #63
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption81 said:
Just peep Metaloza's comment. He's an avid MAG fan and said that it seemed fair. There's also a post on the second page stating the difference in the versions. This n*gga Kuturagi probably has zero interest in the game but since it's on PS3 (w/Blu-Ray & Cell) :rolleyes: he comes to the rescue. Godz, give us the verdict after you try it.
Ken makes a good point though. There's almost no way they could have reviewed the full game by now.

Reviewer made some key points, but overall I think the article was very tilted. Never touched on half the good things about the game. He reviewed with a lot of wrong info though (level 10 for domination?) and it makes sense if he reviewed a beta.
 8 years ago '07        #64
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,676 | Props total: 1336 1336

shytt...it got a user score of 9.0.....that's all that matters in a game like this right?
 8 years ago '04        #65
thabigo 
space
space
$8,076 | Props total: 102 102
http://www.giantbomb.com/mag-thing-part-01/17-1934/
 8 years ago '06        #66
tye tah 
space
space
$415 | Props total: 0 0
got the game did not open it.waiting on reviews ect..
 8 years ago '04        #67
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 692 692
i may cop it. i just dont want to pay $60 for it... not even $50... if i can find it for $40, i'll get it sooner than later.
 01-28-2010, 11:47 AM         #68
KenKutaragi_v2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tye tah said:
got the game did not open it.waiting on reviews ect..
Why buy a game first and then wait for reviews. Play the game.
 01-28-2010, 11:52 AM         #69
KenKutaragi_v2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption81 said:
This n*gga Kuturagi probably has zero interest in the game but since it's on PS3 (w/Blu-Ray & Cell) :rolleyes: he comes to the rescue. Godz, give us the verdict after you try it.
I shall provide picture proof that I have the game later tonight. Putting my name to the side, you honestly can't tell me that ANY video game site can possibly have a legit review this early for an online only game where all the modes just got unlocked Tuesday. Sorry but it's just not possible.
 8 years ago '04        #70
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 KenKutaragi_v2 said:
I shall provide picture proof that I have the game later tonight. Putting my name to the side, you honestly can't tell me that ANY video game site can possibly have a legit review this early for an online only game where all the modes just got unlocked Tuesday. Sorry but it's just not possible.
Warhawk had reviews up a week early and its online only...
Posted via Mobile Device
 01-28-2010, 12:55 PM         #71
adadfalife607  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:sleep2: haha i laughed my a.ss off at that prejudice review
 01-28-2010, 01:24 PM         #72
KenKutaragi_v2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
Warhawk had reviews up a week early and its online only...
Posted via Mobile Device
MAG is deeper than Warhawk though. Plus the reviews for Warhawk weren't based off a Beta.

Anyway carry on depending on reviews of a BETA.
 8 years ago '04        #73
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
 jhj26 said:

shytt...it got a user score of 9.0.....that's all that matters in a game like this right?
no......you know some people just review it for the hell of it and havent even played it yet......then you got the people who just spent money on it and they HAVE to like it or else they feel cheated so they gonna overrate it....I think Im gonna rent it first to check it out..
 8 years ago '08        #74
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,873 | Props total: 1153 1153
What's all the hate for on MW2? I don't play it much, but it didn't seem bad at all to me! I'm not realy hyped for MAG, but then again I can't get it for free like I can my 360! I'll check it out once it hits the bargin bin, but then again that may be too late since its an online only shooter right?
 8 years ago '05        #75
Jutsu 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,109 | Props total: 0 0
Day 1 impressions from Kotaku

War broke out on my Playstation 3 last night, slowly unfolding like a deadly blossom over the course of seven hours.

That's seven hours without break, or nearly a day's work playing the PS3's massively first-person shooter MAG and loving every minute of it.

But my drop into the persistent online war of MAG wasn't trouble free. It was, in the words of Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge, a cluster f**k.

MAG is a massively multiplayer online shooter. While plenty of attention has been brought to the massively bit of the game, with its ability to support 256-player matches, it's easy to forget the online bit. That means that if you can't get online, or if the servers go down, your copy of the game is useless.

Last night, just hours into the game's first-day launch, and my first experience with the game, that's exactly what happened.

After selecting which of the three factions I'd be f!ghting for and playing through the relatively short, relatively easy training mission, I tried to play the game and was promptly told I couldn't. It started with connection errors. Finally, I got a message saying that the servers would be down for at least another hour for a server-side patch.

It was a short, albeit stark, reminder that online gaming is pretty useless without that online bit.

But once I got into the game, wow.

The premise behind MAG is that you are a grunt in a global 2025 conflict, f!ghting for one of three private military corporations. Not really that creative, but the way the game unfolds for you and the rest of the people f!ghting and playing is.

The game has you earning experience points that level up your character, allowing you to unlock new weapons, new skills and new modes. Yes, it sounds like Modern Warfare, but it's much, much deeper.

When you start the game you can only play in a death match training mod called suppression, which pits you against 63 other members of your faction.

Earn enough points to level up and you get access to your first real battleground, Sabotage, which has you playing in 64-player matches against other factions as you try to protect or destroy a.ssets.

The next mode unlocked by leveling is Acquisition and then Domination, both of which puts you in 128-player matches.

That may sound like a lot of people, but the players are broken down into platoons and squads. The key to a fun experience isn't finding 128 or even 64 like-minded, serious gamers, but finding enough to lock in a squad. Those are the people you will be chatting with, working with and f!ghting with.

That's one of the things about MAG, it can't really be played as a typical shooter. The objectives are complex and designed strategically to require genuine group efforts to complete them. Get in with a squad of guys who want to spend the whole time laughing about how they ran each other over with a tank, and you'll never win. Get in with a team who bark out orders and sniper positions and you're going to win. It's also going to be some of the most fun you'll have in a shooter.

I played last night, well this morning, until 2 a.m. or so, k!lling 130 people, and accruing enough experience points to be a "senior trooper" that is within striking distance of the 1,497 points required to hit level eight.

Once I unlock eight I get access to Domination which supports 256 players.

One of the things I like most about MAG is how its modes unfurl as you continue to play. In theory that means that by the time you hit the 256-player Domination modes, you'll have players who know how to play and how to cooperate. In theory.

There are plenty of other things I like about the game as well. The skill tree allows you to create what are essentially custom classes. The inclusion of upgradable healing and repair abilities adds a neat level of play to the game for those of you not as into running around shooting people.

The ability to airdrop into a map as you push forward, and be shot out of the air by enemies, is fantastic.

Mostly though, MAG feels to me like the proper marriage of World of Warcraft and, dare I say it, Counter-Strike. Sure it's no Counter-Strike, nothing is. But it's a very solid, well designed shooter.

A very, very important important thing to note: A microphone is an absolute must in MAG. If you don't play with a microphone you might as well not play MAG. Seriously.

Keep in mind, this is not our review. We'll be doing that next week, once we've had a chance to properly level up, check out all of the modes, the leadership bonuses and see how the servers hold up.

What are your thoughts on the game? What faction are you?
 8 years ago '04        #76
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
 adadfalife607 said:
:sleep2: haha i laughed my a.ss off at that prejudice review
What makes it Predjudice? Because you like MAG?
 01-28-2010, 02:58 PM         #77
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kuruption81 said:
What makes it Predjudice? Because you like MAG?
Im gonna say no but because it is the title of the video review 1 page back. just me thinking with the keys though I could be wrong
 8 years ago '04        #78
thabigo 
space
space
http://www.giantbomb.com/mag-thing-part-02/17-1940/
 8 years ago '06        #79
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,748 | Props total: 3683 3683
 Da Ill One said:
Anything is better than that broken game...But I an not copping MAG demo was a huge let down
Posted via Mobile Device
Cosigns... and that wait to download it was torture... shyt was underwhelming.

Ill rent it tho... just to play a game with 100+ people... with meh ps3 graphics lol...

Last edited by sunsetnVine; 01-28-2010 at 03:46 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #80
thabigo 
space
space

MAG is one of the most ambitious, innovative games I've played over the course of the past year -- and considering the past year has seen the introduction of a disc-jockey simulator and a game you play exclusively with your feet, I think that's a braggable claim.

If you're coming over to MAG straight from an extended tour of service in Modern Warfare 2, the transition is going to be a rough one. While the former rewards mad skillz and high K/D ratioz, Zipper Interactive's 256-player battles ultimately aren't affected by your personal performance. No one player can pull his team to victory -- and, alternatively, no one player can be blamed for his team's loss, which really takes the pressure off of mediocre soldiers like me.

Instead, battles are won with communication, teamwork and leadership. When all three are present in your squad, MAG is one of the most enjoyable multiplayer shooters you'll ever play. When just one of them is absent, it's a total nightmare.

The main "hook" of MAG is, of course, the large number of players it can cater to at a single time. More central to the game's philosophy than that, however, is the way these players are partitioned off into smaller gaggles, each with its own commanding officer and list of priorities. Though MAG's largest gametype will drop you on a team of 128 players, you'll really only be dealing with your eight-man squad. This smaller group is part of a four-squad platoon, and four platoons make up an army.

Each of these designated groups -- squad, platoon and army -- have their own leader with varying levels of power and responsibility. Players can only apply for a leadership position once they hit level 15, ensuring that they have a bit of in-game experience before taking charge. While f!ghting on the ground, officers have the ability to paint targets as their group's current objective. If players work to complete these objectives, they'll earn double experience for k!lls, a.ssists, repairs and healing, adding additional incentive for a team to follow the orders of its superiors.

Surely you've tried to verbally orchestrate grand, four-front a.ssaults in other multiplayer shooters, such as Battlefield 1943. What MAG does is take that idea of leadership, and place it in a cogent, straightforward in-game interface. Provided the hand on your squad's rudder isn't attached to an inaudible dimwit, it's a system that works surprisingly well.

Don't worry -- your soldier isn't just an innominate cog in a military machine. You've got a few basic aesthetic choices when designing your character, including camouflage and other accessories you unlock as your rank increases. There's also a simple tree which allows you to specialize in a certain field, or become more proficient with a certain type of weapon. Depending on which branches of the skill tree you go down, you'll automatically be given a designation (field support, commando, etc.) which helps commanding officers know better where to place you on the battlefield.

I spent my first few skill points bolstering my Medical Kit, giving me the ability to heal allies and, after a few more points, bring them back to life. I was pleased to find that the experience points rewarded for doing so are significant -- especially when healing or reviving teammates within the vicinity of your squad's targeted objective. I would later pick up anti-personnel mines, allowing me to set up "safety zones" where injured players could enter, get a quick spray of the good stuff, then run back out into the fray. From within my "Free Health Care Quik-Stop," I frequently became my platoon's MVP.

MAG is broken down into four main gametypes: Suppression, a simple 64-player deathmatch skirmish; Sabotage, a 64-player match in which the attacking team attempts to destroy three objectives, Acquisition, a 128-player mode where the attacking team attempts to steal vehicles and return them to an extraction point, and Domination, the main 256-player mode where attackers try to take down a handful of objectives in 30 minutes in an attempt to destroy the defender's oil refinery.

That may not sound like a lot of variety, but the larger gameplay modes place teams on offense and defense, each of which present different challenges and strategies to players and officers alike. There are three maps for each of the different gametypes, so you'll be seeing a lot of the same real estate the longer you play -- however, the action's dynamic enough to keep things feeling fresh.

Regardless of which gametype you're playing, or which role you're fulfilling, the wheels really fall off the wagon when your squad, platoon and army doesn't function as a single unit. If your squad leader doesn't perform his duties effectively, you're going to lose. If your team doesn't follow the orders delivered by its commanding officers, you're going to lose. If your squad lacks soldiers of varying specializations -- particularly medics -- you're probably going to lose.

Worse still, if your ragtag group of uncoordinated nincompoops is facing off against an army that does have their stuff together, you're in for a lengthy exercise in disappointment and frustration.

Of course, negative experiences like those could hypothetically be curtailed by MAG's strong community support and clan functionality. So far, I've only enlisted into matches by my lonesome -- I imagine that, with a few friends or the support of an active clan, the teamwork would come a lot more naturally.

Then again, perhaps I've only ended up in the occasional disorganized outfit because the game is so new, and so unlike other entries in the genre. There's a pretty steep learning curve -- not just for how to be a good soldier, but for how to effectively direct a 128-player army as a single, cohesive unit. Players are still figuring out how to be good at the game -- and after being repeatedly eviscerated in Modern Warfare 2 by experienced veterans of the franchise, I found MAG's collective learning process to be downright refreshing.

MAG is an incredibly polished and -- when teamwork prevails -- incredibly satisfying multiplayer shooter which deserves the consideration of every PS3 owner. Though it has the propensity for frustration when communication between squadmates breaks down, it still offers a brand new experience for the first-person shooter genre; an experience I'm excited to watch develop from the ground floor.

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
23 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
91 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy