Strikeforce Presents Carano VS. Cyborg (Showtime 8/15/09)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
160 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
126 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
91 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who you rolling with in the fight? Not who would you rather tap!
Gina Carano 17 68.00%
Cristiane Santos 8 32.00%
Voters: 25. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #1
10052 pageviews
149 comments

HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,252 | Props total: 2426 2426
Strikeforce Presents Carano VS. Cyborg (Showtime 8/15/09)

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

http://www.strikeforce.com/schedule/

ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK AND STRIKEFORCE PRESENT “CARANO VS. CYBORG”

HP Pavilion at San Jose
Saturday, August 15, 2009 – 7:30 PM
Prelims at 5:30 PM (All times Pacific)

LIVE ON SHOWTIME SPORTS!

MAIN CARD (BEGINNING AT 7:30PM):

Gina “Conviction” Carano (7-0) vs. Cris “Cyborg” (7-1) – 145lb Female Championship Bout

Renato "Babalu" Sobral (35-8) vs. Gegard Mousasi (25-2-1) - Light Heavyweight Championship Bout

Gilbert “El Nino” Melendez (15-2) vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida (18-5-1) – Lightweight Interim Championship Bout

Jay "The Thoroughbred" Hieron (17-4) vs. Jesse "JT Money" Taylor (13-3)

UNDERCARD (BEGINNING AT APPROXIMATELY 5:30 PM)

Mike "Mak" Kyle (12-6-1) vs. Fabricio "Vai Cavalo" Werdum (11-4-1)

Scott Lighty (4-0) vs. Mike Cook (7-4)

David "Tarzan" Douglas (4-1) vs. Justin "The Silverback" Wilcox (5-3)

James Terry (6-1) vs. Zac Bucia (2-3)

Isaiah Hill (4-6) vs. Alex Trevino (3-0)

* f!ght card and order of bouts subject to change

149 comments for "Strikeforce Presents Carano VS. Cyborg (Showtime 8/15/09)"

8 years ago '06        #2
StillFree28 27 heat pts27
space
space
$20,493 | Props total: 4809 4809
was about to make a thread on this. Everyone else seems to be sleepin on this card, except a few people.
 8 years ago '06        #3
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,978 | Props total: 3997 3997
Shoulda made this on the general sports page. This f!ght is gonna be dope. I'd lick Gina hands down.

Anyway, anyone have streaming links, post them up. I might not be home for this one. :banghead:
 08-14-2009, 08:17 PM         #4
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

gina is s3xy a.ss hell!!! id lick her a**hole after a long day at the gym....
 08-14-2009, 10:06 PM         #5
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
really looking forward to the three title f!ghts.
 8 years ago '04        #6
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
Renato "Babalu" Sobral (35-8) vs. Gegard Mousasi (25-2-1).. thats the f!ght im looking to the most. this card looks good on paper too bad it went through soo many changes

and damn... gina actually looks in shape for a f!ght
 8 years ago '06        #7
StillFree28 27 heat pts27
space
space
$20,493 | Props total: 4809 4809
 ill800 said:

[pic - click to view]

gina is s3xy a.ss hell!!! id lick her a**hole after a long day at the gym....
 8 years ago '05        #8
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
I have the video of her weigh-in. My god she looks soooo good. Even when she steps up on the scale she does this kinda smile and step up that looks so hot. Then she put her arms behind her back and smiled again.. f**kin hot.

Someone have a high def picture of her on the scale? I wanna make a wp out of it. I have it on my DVR from DishHD, but I don't know how to get it off of there...
 8 years ago '04        #9
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,214 | Props total: 2214 2214
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
Renato "Babalu" Sobral (35-8) vs. Gegard Mousasi (25-2-1).. thats the f!ght im looking to the most. this card looks good on paper too bad it went through soo many changes

and damn... gina actually looks in shape for a f!ght
x2....This will let know if Mousasi is real or not...Babalu is no slouch....

If Gina loses i bet strikeforce goes under within a year and a half....If she wins it stays for a while.......
 08-15-2009, 04:53 AM         #10
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bibbyboi said:
x2....This will let know if Mousasi is real or not...Babalu is no slouch....

If Gina loses i bet strikeforce goes under within a year and a half....If she wins it stays for a while.......
gegard is real, he will destroy babalu.

cyborg- tko
gilbert- tko gnp
werdum- sub
gegard- ko
jt- lnp
 08-15-2009, 07:38 AM         #11
Jambon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Carano weighed in at 143 and Cyborg at 144.5... No weight issues, so these chicks mean business... Biggest womens f!ght ever (hype and legit)!
 08-15-2009, 09:33 AM         #12
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i have a strong feeling that the cyborgs are steroid users....

im loving that the women get to f!ght 5 minute rounds now. gina looks to be in great shape. she could steal this f!ght on conditioning alone. she needs to study the silva/forrest f!ght.

Last edited by ill800; 08-15-2009 at 09:36 AM..
 08-15-2009, 05:44 PM         #13
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

San Jose, CA will play host to easily the most important women’s f!ght in the history of American mixed martial arts. The popular Gina Carano will square off against Brazilian bomber Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos in the main event at Strikeforce “Carano vs. Cyborg” this Saturday at the HP Pavilion. A surprising amount of authentic hype and interest encompass the showdown.

Who you rolling with in the f!ght, not who would you rather tap. That answer is obvious.

Last edited by DHARMA; 08-15-2009 at 05:45 PM..
 08-15-2009, 05:47 PM         #14
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sherdog.com recently spoke to dozens of professional f!ghters and trainers and found out where they stood on this historic five-round title f!ght.

Erik Paulson: The f!ght between Gina and Cyborg will go to Gina because she is as strong as a guy. She has solid striking, and Cyborg wonít be able to bully her around like sheís used to with others. Plus, Gina is the poster girl for Strikeforce; she is the main event on a big card with great f!ghts. She has to win.

Micah Miller: Carano -- by hotness.

Brodie Farber: I have absolutely no interest in watching women f!ght. Iíll be sure to tune into a different channel during that time.

Guy Mezger: Cyborg is technically a better MMA f!ghter and very strong, but I feel Gina is too large and strong and [has] superior striking for her. Gina can make up for not having the same ground game on sheer size and strength.

Scott Bieri: Big night for women and MMA, in general. Itís also nice to see women f!ghting under the unified five-minute rounds for this title bout. I think the majority of this contest is played out on the feet, with both girls having a muay Thai background. Cris Santos will come forward with her dangerous Chute Boxe style, which she has been mowing down opponents with, but it wonít work on Carano. Gina will use movement, precision striking and takedown defense to thwart Cyborg. Carano by TKO in the championship rounds.

Eddy Millis: Iím not gonna analyze this one too much. Iím worried if it gets to the ground Cyborg will have the advantage. However, with that being said, Carano is my friend, and Iím pulling for her to KO Cyborg, round one. Boot to the head.

Scott Lighty: I pick Gina to win for sure. She is an American Gladiator.

Rory Markham: Itís a toss up for me. Both are very talented. I have Gina a bit more in this one.

Pete Sell: Cyborg is a beast. I think her power could win her this f!ght. Carano looks more technical; she will have to out-slick Cyborg. Cyborg turns this into a brawl and wins by KO.

Jaime Fletcher: The first time I saw Gina f!ght was in K-1. I wasnít familiar with her, but I thought to myself, ďThis chick f!ghts like a dude.Ē People get it confused Ö like if youíre attractive, you canít f!ght. Make no mistake, Carano is a f!ghter, has heart and has beaten everyone that has been put in front of her. On the other side, you have Cyborg, whose veins and muscle striations in her shoulders make you want to put on a long sleeve or hit some flies and take some Creatine. She has a lot of explosiveness, power muay Thai and an underrated ground game. I think the difference in this f!ght will be technique on the stand-up and gas tank. Santos has yet to be pushed or made uncomfortable and looked fatigued against smaller competition that offered little or no offense on the feet. Carano by TKO or submission in the second round.

Melvin Guillard: Cyborg by KO in the second.

Kevin Burns: I think this will be a great f!ght for the fans. I believe Cyborg will be a little more hungry, though, which will give her the edge overall.

John Hackleman: Gina [will win by] using her muay Thai skills and her natural speed, timing and power. I see Gina pulling out a victory.

Cung Le: Iím going with Gina by decision.

Dewey Cooper: This is a monumental f!ght for womenís MMA and all womenís sports abroad. Every lady athlete on the planet should tune in and celebrate the progress they have made in the sports world. Womenís boxing had the chance to have a f!ght as big with Laila Ali vs. Anne Wolfe, but it never materialized. This will be a great war between two of the best lady f!ghters in the world of MMA. I think Cyborg is very strong and will pose many problems for Gina early, but the striking skills of Carano should and will prevail late in the f!ght. I say fourth- or fifth-round KO win for Gina Carano. Her right hand is powerful and accurate and will find its mark.

Robert Drysdale: Gina by decision.

Randy Couture: I believe Gina Carano will take this f!ght over by the third round, using solid footwork and punching combinations to frustrate Cyborg and wear her down. Iím sure Iím a little biased, but she looks great and has had a very good camp. It should be a monumental f!ght for womenís MMA.

Ricardo Liborio: Carano by decision.

Jake Shields: I see it being a very close f!ght, with Gina being more technical and Cyborg being the stronger of the two, but I see conditioning being the deciding factor. With this being their first title f!ght and jumping from three- to five-minute rounds, it is gonna be a big change for both. But with Gina having a more experienced camp, I will pick her because they should be aware of this and have spent adequate time conditioning her.
 08-15-2009, 05:52 PM         #15
JCWhy83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cyborg
 8 years ago '06        #16
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,978 | Props total: 3997 3997
Anyone got a good streaming link?

And Gina ftw.
 8 years ago '07        #17
th3ptassassin15 
space
space
space
$1,089 | Props total: 10 10
i want gina but i think cyborg gona ko her in late first or second
 8 years ago '08        #18
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11620 11620

[pic - click to view]

DONT RUIN THAT FACE
 8 years ago '05        #19
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,058 | Props total: 984 984
I think Beauty will be defeated by the Beast
 08-15-2009, 06:11 PM         #20
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Main Event said:

[pic - click to view]

DONT RUIN THAT FACE

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago