Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #901
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
 kegar89 said:
Don't care about the community? IW asked it's community for k!ll streak ideas, perk ideas, and map ideas and a lot of the most requested ideas are in the final game.
Except they took out the ability for the community to actually make its own additions/changes to the game, like in Modern Warfare... They give you a few small features, and take away twice as much...

Last edited by #RAPTORSWON; 11-04-2009 at 03:20 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #902
space
space
 Skateboard T said:
Whatever gamer that doesn't get his game will be laughed at for years to come...
you're a sheep!
 11-04-2009, 03:21 PM         #903
IronMaiden  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Russ369 said:
you're a sheep!
Yes.. we are sheep because we want an awesome game that is fun.. seems to me you have a case of the "nerd rage"
 11-04-2009, 03:25 PM         #904
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jayvivz said:
That's a waste of a DS. Use Martyrdom.
I guess so, it's really useless regardless. Can't remember the last time I died consistently. I finished COD4 with a 2.44 K/D and I f**ked around most of the time.
 8 years ago '06        #905
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
 IronMaiden said:
Yes.. we are sheep because we want an awesome game that is fun.. seems to me you have a case of the "nerd rage"
pretty much.

"I CAN'T MAKE MY OWN MAPS THAT NOBODY WILL EVEN WANT TO PLAY ON!? DON'T BUY THIS GAME! NOBODY GET IT! DON'T TASE ME BRO"

8 years ago '04        #906
space
space
 IronMaiden said:
If by nerd rage you mean actually caring about how he spends his money and the quality of the product, than yeah, i guess you are right...

Lets say if Apple first released the Iphone 3gs, hyped it up, everyone loves it. Then, a year later, they release the Iphone 3g, trying to pass it off as 'new and improved'... Would you be pissed?
 11-04-2009, 03:27 PM         #907
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Russ369 said:
Except they took out the ability for the community to actually make its own additions/changes to the game, like in Modern Warfare... They give you a few small features, and take away twice as much...
Seems like you have a beef with the PC version.
 11-04-2009, 03:29 PM         #908
IronMaiden  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Russ369 said:
If by nerd rage you mean actually caring about how he spends his money and the quality of the product, than yeah, i guess you are right...

Lets say if Apple first released the Iphone 3gs, hyped it up, everyone loves it. Then, a year later, they release the Iphone 3g, trying to pass it off as 'new and improved'... Would you be pissed?
go cry a f**king river kid
 8 years ago '04        #909
space
space
 IronMaiden said:
go cry a f**king river kid
I dont understand you internet f*ggets... This is a forum, where you talk about s**t that concerns you or interests you... If you didn't like my opinion, which was stated in the title, than why would you come in here? Go swallow a knife...
 8 years ago '04        #910
space
space
 kegar89 said:
Seems like you have a beef with the PC version.
Yeah man I do... Not only did they RAISE the price for the PC version, they remove everything that makes it unique... f**k that s**t man, turning their backs on where the series first began, the PC...
 8 years ago '04        #911
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,213 | Props total: 2109 2109
but your not just giving your opinion your saying pirate the s**t out of it and f!ghting with anybody that disagrees with you.....its more of a campaign then an opinion....if everybody just pirated any game cuz it doesnt live up to their expectations then developers would just be given less of a budget to work with on the next one and they would have to cut back on even more things...
 11-04-2009, 03:36 PM         #912
Atlanta  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Russ369 said:
Reading the developers comments on this game and how s**tty and watered down it is, you would be throwing your cash away... Pirate that s**t folks, Activision doesn't care about you... Ever since COD2 that s**t has gone dooooowwwn hill... How the f**k are these a**holes reusing THE SAME f**kING GAME ENGINE! REALLY!?! Since 2005! They make minor changes to textures and w/e, but its the same f**kin game! No lean, no developer consoles, no ablility to kick players from ranked games, no mod tools/custom map making... this game is a joke... If you spend $60 on this crap, you're a fool...

I didn't even get started on the PC version of this game, which has no dedicated servers or modding ablility also...

Im gonna pirate the s**t out of this game, as are most others I know... Will it help the situation? Nope. Do I give a f**k about stealing from these c*cksuckers who don't give a f**k about my money and quality of their own product? f**k NO!

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '06        #913
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
 Russ369 said:
That is the worst comparison ever, it makes absolutely no sense in this situation. Especially since you clearly don't know anything about the features in MW2 except your little PC complaints. Just steal the game like you said and move on with your life. This isn't your blog.
 8 years ago '06        #914
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
Dude's avatar makes perfect sense
 8 years ago '06        #915
LilBlasta 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,663 | Props total: 5 5
They shouldn't off added deathstreaks, I don't give a s**t about people who die all the time.. step ur game up.

But; does anyone know how long the Care Package drop takes?
 8 years ago '07        #916
mrfreak76 700 heat pts700
space
space
$7,147 | Props total: 1363 1363
This is your official Spoiler Warning for every game ever. No crying about it later, fanboy. But seriously, we discuss the opening plot of Modern Warfare 2 in this article.

Way back when I started my first IGN column, I did a piece on the growing trend of morality-based gameplay. Those were the days when Splinter Cell: Double Agent asked if you'd like to waste long-standing amigo Lambert, and we were just getting early word on a little game called BioShock, with its option to destroy or save children for fun and profit. Exciting times. More freedom of choice meant making tougher choices, and that made for interesting gaming.

Three years later, the biggest game on the horizon is Activision and Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and they're playing by harder rules.

A video of the campaign's opening sequence recently leaked in France, and it puts You The Player in the shoes of an undercover C.I.A. agent embedded with a terrorist cell. These terrorists - and you - are shooting up an airport, mowing down civilians left and right. Civilians cowering in fear, civilians trying to run away. And you're right there, k!lling those innocent people, too, to maintain your cover.

It took Activision about five minutes to vanish that clip from the internets. The questions are still lingering.

Every story, every game, absolutely requires conflict of some kind to work. The easiest brand of conflict in the world for juicing up your narrative is good ol' violence. It's visual, it's physical, it's immediate, it's exciting. Violence amps up the stakes considerably, as opposed to whether or not Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy are finally going to hook up. Sure, we're all pulling for those kids to work it out, but at no point are they threatened by anything more lethal than a few minor misunderstandings.

Videogames, on the other hand, generally don't play the romance card because they aren't usually given to that kind of internal conflict. Post-PONG and excepting Sims, sports, puzzle and rhythm games, video games have historically been based on the idea of either destroying the enemy or avoiding an enemy sent to destroy you.

So yes, in videogames, we k!ll. We k!ll by the truckload, we k!ll by the ton. We win Achievements and Trophies for k!lling in spectacular numbers, in spectacular ways. Even Mario, whom we generally think of as the G-rated, family friendly poster boy, k!lls. He crushes bad mushroom people into oblivion and knocks evil turtles into bottomless chasms that would certainly croak him. We k!ll to reach an objective; we k!ll because that is the objective. Developers usually soften the blow by presenting to us things that are okay to k!ll: terrorists, Nazis, zombies, aliens, mercenaries, demonic forces, fantasy creatures, criminals, supernatural entities, ninja, hostile soldiers, invading hordes, mutants and monsters of every size. And they're all trying to k!ll us, so it's not just fun, but also self defense. Right?

At least for this short opener, Modern Warfare 2 doesn't fall back on any of those convenient removes. These are unarmed, human victims simply trying to hide or get away, and if you're not implicitly expected to shoot them in the back or execute someone cowering on the ground, certainly you'll be allowed to. That's not simply k!lling; that's plain murder.

Activision claims there will be a warning prior to this sequence, an opt-out for those who don't care to run it, and players can supposedly elect "not to engage in the gameplay" at all, making it sound like this will be MW2's credit sequence, similar to the previous Modern Warfare. Oh, but Activision claims it's all a non-issue anyway because the ESRB rated the game M for Mature and "the rating is prominently displayed on the front and back of the packaging, as well as in all advertising." Well, never mind, then. Might as well throw a few children and puppies into the shooting gallery, so long as there's an M on both sides of the box.

But here's the thing that's really going to twist this up. It's not simply that gamers can murder normal, unarmed people as they attempt to flee. It's that they'll have the option not to, and they'll do it anyway.

I can name a dozen games where that's already possible, if not a highly likely scenario. At least half of them would probably include the words "Grand," "Theft," and "Auto." The rest would probably all be GTA clones. The difference is that jumping into GTA wraps you in a sort of forced morality, where you can essentially do crime or not play the game. There are no opportunities for helping little old ladies cross the street. You can't just be a nice, law abiding citizen in GTA for long, no matter how hard you try. When you fail, there are consequences: the police show up. Even if you want to exclusively target other criminals, you've got to steal a police car first. Play through the missions, and I guarantee multiple shootouts where you're obliged to smoke a few cops. There's no avoiding it.

Other games put the blame squarely on you. Like Modern Warfare 2's opener, BioShock and its upcoming sequel make you decide whether to murder the Little Sisters for immediate gain or take the tougher road and rescue them. Of course, Bioshock didn't actually show you k!lling 8-year-old girls (that's done off-screen), but at the risk of sounding ghoulish, I rather wish they had.

The impact of seeing what you'd just done - murdering an innocent, helpless child - could have served as a deeper, harsher consequence than GTA's habit of merely docking your weapons and cash once you're busted. Being forced to see a lifeless body in your arms might've been enough to give you pause and made you consider why you would choose to commit such a horrible act. One thing video game k!lling is fairly light on is true consequence. Another is regret. Believe me, I've committed galactic genocide many times over in any number of virtual worlds and enjoyed myself doing it. I'm all for escapism, but it might be interesting, healthy even, if I'm called to account for all that death and suffering from time to time.

I'll admit, part of me is impressed at Infinity Ward's boldness here. They're inviting a controversy their game doesn't actually need. You have to figure it's either a total bonehead move or an artistic gamble, designed to put a player in a horrific situation and make them feel the crunch of it like a brass knuckle punch to the face. I hope that's the case. I'm hoping it's a grim, sickening, not-fun sequence that genuinely makes people feel uncomfortable while playing it.

If so, this sequence won't just be acceptable, it'll be fully justified and an amazing demonstration of brilliant game design. It will make you feel bad about k!lling. In a videogame.

Not that it'll stop loony Jack Thompson, politicians up for re-election, and boneheaded cable news anchors from sounding the Save Our Children alarm. I'd refer them to Grand Theft Childhood, a book published last year by Dr. Lawrence Kutner and his wife, Dr. Cheryl Olson, co-directors of the Harvard Medical School Center for Mental Health and Media. Gaming didn't get a total pass, but their study (funded by the Bush-era Department of Justice) found that for the general population of teenagers, there's no connection between playing violent video games and committing seriously violent acts. In fact, statistically, youth crime has nose-dived since the mid-90's... right around the time the original PlayStation came out.

Curiously, as of this writing, I haven't seen anybody ask if Modern Warfare 2 lets you draw a line, blow your cover, and start shooting the terrorists. Can you break off the rails and make a doomed effort to rescue the civilians? Seems at least as important an option as simply choosing not to participate in the slaughter. But then, I still have to ask, why do they let you participate in the slaughter? We could get plenty of horror being helpless spectators. But no, they let us pull the trigger ourselves and add to the horror, if we want. What is the point of that? Why do we need that?

The response I see most is "It's just a game." That's a cop-out, as cheap and meaningless an argument as Activision's claim that an ESRB rubber stamp equals a seal of approval. Sure, it's fantasy violence, but what's that say about our fantasies? Is it really impossible to cross a line - or indeed, to have lines - in a videogame because it's not real?

I haven't played Modern Warfare 2 yet, so I can't authoritatively say whether it crosses any lines, or subversively convinces a player not to, or neither, or both. I can say there's a grand storytelling tradition for making us sympathize with the devil, from Macbeth to Norman Bates to Hannibal Lecter to Dexter Morgan. We can be fascinated by monsters without becoming them. Great books and great movies put us in a k!ller's shoes, a terrorist's shoes, but we still walk away as ourselves.

We watch those movies, read those books and play those games because they're entertaining and let us live vicariously, experiencing things we normally would never do. Regardless of the carnage we're dishing out, playing a game doesn't make us feel like monsters, even when we're playing as one. They make us feel like a righteous badass, and never more so than when we're annihilating the opposition. The thrill of the k!ll. But it's not real righteous or thrilling to prey on the weak.

Maybe that's the point Modern Warfare 2 wants to hammer home. We'll see. Whatever the intent, this game - which I am looking forward to - will make you decide what kind of gamer, what kind of a person, you are. You and you alone decide if you k!ll... who you k!ll... why you k!ll.

Hope you like the answers, friend.

Source: IGN

Update: I played the game it is worse playing it. The game loads and see a warning somethings you will find in the game offensive and you can opt out (yeah, who is going to do that). Since I didn't of course, when I got to the level; it was complete down hill from there. You had to participate in k!lling innocent people pleading to not be shot (the realism was to unbearable). I have never played a game that made me feel so bad, it was really disturbing and to top it of you are using automatic weapons and even a grenade launcher to blow away swat teams in riot gear. After the level was over I had to ask myself what were the developers thinking and why even put this in the game (there was no point). This game is going to cause a lot of controversy and I really feel that Activision should pull this level entirely, the game is still amazing without. we really just don't need this type of stuff in games as a level. Yeah I know in GTA and other games you can k!ll innocent people if you want to for fun, however this is game is meant to be close to real life and deals with real matters like terrorism. Only time will tell if people agree with me or not.
 11-04-2009, 03:44 PM         #917
Atlanta  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
are you sure you played the game?

the level isn't that bad...you don't even hav 2 shoot them...and you're really not supposed 2

and if u think that level is bad...please don't play GTA, Saints Row, Metal Gear Solid, Oblivion, Fallout.....basically every rated M game

keep it PG if that helps you
 11-04-2009, 03:45 PM         #918
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not reading all of that anyways, but is this about the Airport s**t again?....

if it is then people need to realize whats up with that, you don't need to k!ll anybody

just keep moving forward for the irony of it all to come straight at you.
 11-04-2009, 03:46 PM         #919
Atlanta  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jayvivz said:
Dude's avatar makes perfect sense
 11-04-2009, 03:49 PM         #920
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For those that played it, be honest does it look like COD4 again in new set pieces, I thought this one uses a new engine that streams or something like that and allowed them to pump better visuals then COD4 also.

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 11-04-2009 at 03:54 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
38 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
72 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
248 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
110 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
94 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy