Jay-Z:Blueprint 3 *Official Discussion Thread*/ Include Tracklist and Cover

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
140 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
240 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
82 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What are you thinking about the new Jay Album?
CLASSIC no need to hear it. 44 22.92%
TRASH, dude is an elderly camel. 32 16.67%
i have faith in the GOAT. 46 23.96%
MY GOD.. has Hov fallen off?!??! 70 36.46%
Voters: 192. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-02-2009, 02:44 PM         #861
camron34 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I've listened to the album about 3 times and whlile I can't call it a classic like Resonable Doubt or Blueprint 1, I can't call it trash either. It gets better to me the more I listen to it.. Jay is almost 40 now and he's no longer into rap battles, he's instead giving credit to his fellow rappers like in the song, "A Star is Born". As for production, I liked Kanye's the best and Swiss Beats the least.. To me, Ya is the the best producer in the business and him and Jay work so well together.

Jay mentioned that he has 10 number one albums and he hopes that this one will be number 11. I'm positive that this will be number 11 for him, and while again this isn't his best album, it's better than just about anything out there right now.

That's why I consider Jay Z the best rapper to EVER do it.. G.O.A.T.
 8 years ago '06        #862
AJ19872006 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,974 | Props total: 38 38
:wink:

Last edited by AJ19872006; 09-02-2009 at 03:05 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #863
magneto112 
space
space
space
$3 | Props total: 0 0
 1MikE said:
im startin to resent to resent this website, or rather the people on it.

i didnt download any of the tracks that leaked cause i like to just wait for the group-rip. and while waiting, i see nothin but negativity about wat people were hearing. i usually dont care about scattered hate, but it seemed overwhelming. so here i am think BP3 is straight doo-doo and, after listening... boxden has completely gon to s**t and has been run by a generation who has no clue wat good, quality hip hop is. wtf do u people listen to that u have the nerve to put down good s**t? if Lil Wayne and Gucci Mane is greatness now-a-days, smfh... n im only 21....

Quoted for TRUTH!! I'm confused how some could listen to this and say lyrically, this album is wack. Are we even listening to the same album? In my opinion, I dont think some even understand some of the things he is saying. Might be to advanced for them, I don't know. :D There are a lot of clever and interesting lyrics on this album and great use of metaphors and double entendre. Its not all about the beat (as I notice most are giving props for the songs with the club/head bopping beats.)

Jay was on Bill Maher over the weekend and he said he never had a #1 song, but all albums have been #1. He puts together outstanding albums IMO and the flow is great.
 8 years ago '07        #864
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
oh please nothin he is sayin on this album is advnced

his delivery sucks on most of these songs,it sounds liek hes trynna keep up wit the ebat instead of flowing

and venus vs mars is wack and so is the swizz beats song
 8 years ago '04        #865
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
This album is mediocre. After listening to it twice, I like MAYBE 6 songs out of 15.

What the f**k with that G-d awful "AWWGHC" noise he makes... I feel like I need to judo chop him in the throat everytime I hear it on a song.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #866
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
off that sucks balls too
i guess it will be good for the clubs

and the hook for reminder is terrible

and that song with Kanye is a.ss

other than that its pretty cool
 8 years ago '05        #867
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,728 | Props total: 2217 2217
cuban linx 2 s**ts on this three times.
 8 years ago '04        #868
jumpoff6684 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$699 | Props total: 51 51
I give it a 3.5/5 production disappointing. I guess Kanye and Swizz saving they're best beats for there albums as well! At least Timbo kept it funky!
 8 years ago '06        #869
tdc320 
space
space
$1,488 | Props total: 707 707
 magneto112 said:
Quoted for TRUTH!! I'm confused how some could listen to this and say lyrically, this album is wack. Are we even listening to the same album? In my opinion, I dont think some even understand some of the things he is saying. Might be to advanced for them, I don't know. :D There are a lot of clever and interesting lyrics on this album and great use of metaphors and double entendre. Its not all about the beat (as I notice most are giving props for the songs with the club/head bopping beats.)

Jay was on Bill Maher over the weekend and he said he never had a #1 song, but all albums have been #1. He puts together outstanding albums IMO and the flow is great.

The lyrics aren't to advanced for them, they just STUCK on STUPID. How could a person that claims to like good music, not like this album.
 8 years ago '06        #870
tdc320 
space
space
$1,488 | Props total: 707 707
Aw man n!GG@$ say they don't like Hater...

Name one thing that I ain't done,
it hurts when you say that I ain't the one.
You HATERS!
how do i gain you favor?
I need to kno cuz i care
I need you to love me i Swear...
 09-02-2009, 06:05 PM         #871
WEREWOLF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
someone should take down that stupid a.ss poll and replace it with a 1-5 mics rating system...how the f**k you gonna have a poll with two negative answers and two positive? you know how dumb these BX n*ggas is they dont need this added confusion as it is... whoever made the poll is a stupid ole bird brain a.ss n*gga.
 09-02-2009, 06:17 PM         #872
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Settin sail, I used to duck shots/ but now I eat quail, I'll probably never see jail"

Sick a.ss line.
 09-02-2009, 07:23 PM         #873
The Blueprint˛ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WEREWOLF said:
someone should take down that stupid a.ss poll and replace it with a 1-5 mics rating system...how the f**k you gonna have a poll with two negative answers and two positive? you know how dumb these BX n*ggas is they dont need this added confusion as it is... whoever made the poll is a stupid ole bird brain a.ss n*gga.
there is a poll in the album review section, and the decision is unanimous. 4 mics :applause::applause:
 8 years ago '07        #874
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,106 | Props total: 6315 6315
3.5/4 sounds good as of now. I put this on the level of Kingdom Come.

I still think Hov got it... and can deliver a classic at any time .... but this was somewhat a dissapointment considering the hype. The songs do get better with each listen though.

American Gangster was hott though.
 8 years ago '07        #875
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
 tdc320 said:
aw man n!gg@$ say they don't like hater...

Name one thing that i ain't done,
it hurts when you say that i ain't the one.
You haters!
How do i gain you favor?
I need to kno cuz i care
i need you to love me i swear...
beat is beyond the garbage

the autotune vocals ruined it for me
plus kanye was weak on there
 8 years ago '06        #876
jj01 
space
space
$44,956 | Props total: 4678 4678
okay these tracks are my s**t

already home, star is born, run this town, reminder, what we talkin bout

these are average to me

off that, venus vs mars, doa, swizz track, so ambitious

these are the pitiful tracks imo

hate, real as it gets, empire state of mind, thank u, forever young

also the content on here is weak as hell to me, dude's arrogance is f**kin disgusting. seems shallow as f**k talkin about the same s**t every album. so concerned with himself and his image and legacy rather than the creative artistic side thats makes a truly great artist. 1/3 piff, 1/3 mediocrity, 1/3 recycle bin= to a 6 or 7 out of 10. beats are good for the most part, flow is nice as well.
 8 years ago '07        #877
crownedprince 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$1,438 | Props total: 1009 1009

I agree with most of it, dude just called it how it is.. Some def hot tracks but mostly disappointing.

What y'all think?
 8 years ago '05        #878
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,728 | Props total: 2217 2217
Man after i got my cuban linx 2 cd, f**k dis s**t. im just gon play this s**t when the b**ches ride wit me and then never.
 8 years ago '06        #879
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
I like it
 8 years ago '07        #880
mcnasty07 
space
space
space
$55 | Props total: 6 6
Yea pretty good review, even though I liked one or two more songs on the album than the reviewer did. some funny stuff in there about the s**t beats Timbo gave him though. "and this ends the eye of the crap storm that was timbo's production" lol.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
57 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
51 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
68 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
42 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
142 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
161 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy