Jay-Z:Blueprint 3 *Official Discussion Thread*/ Include Tracklist and Cover

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
106 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What are you thinking about the new Jay Album?
CLASSIC no need to hear it. 44 22.92%
TRASH, dude is an elderly camel. 32 16.67%
i have faith in the GOAT. 46 23.96%
MY GOD.. has Hov fallen off?!??! 70 36.46%
Voters: 192. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #781
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,197 | Props total: 11805 11805
 1ironboy1 said:
mad at what? what does that even suppose to mean?

[pic - click to view]

lol

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '06        #782
Supreme7 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,843 | Props total: 2006 2006
good album 4/5
 8 years ago '05        #783
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,222 | Props total: 15786 15786
 persuazion said:
I liked those too.....I guess if you a lil kid and like doing the stanky leg and jerking it and you think Plies is the best thing since sliced bread you would think all 3 of those albums are weak....
Pretty much summed it, this album goes hard.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #784
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 1760 1760
9/15 tracks are good on the album.The standout tracks,personally,are Empire State of Mind and Already Home.The songs that are a.ss are DOA,Swizz track(terrible but will be in your local clubs soon),Hate(worse song on album by far),Reminder,Jeezy track and So Ambitious.I give this album 4/5 at most.Some of the songs had good concepts.
 8 years ago '05        #785
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,915 | Props total: 719 719
Aughhhh!
 8 years ago '04        #786
pic 
space
space
space
$422 | Props total: 172 172
 get it right said:
there's are reason why jay-z has 10 number one albums, and it's not because of his lyrical ability, it has more to do with his marketing plan. With mediocre lines, a smooth delivery, and jazzy production, jay-z's album the blue print three is one of the standout albums of the year, but is it worth going to the store and spending your hard earn money on?

In the lead out song "what we talkin' about" the subliminal king starts out his album the best way he knows how, by throwing subliminal at various artist, jay spend more than half of the song talking about "what he's not talking about," but never revealing what he's actually taking about. Jay delivers some of the best lines an old man suffering with alzheimer can dish out "i don't have a beard/ now get off of my sack/" is what the lyrical genius babble in the middle of the song.

Skip to empire state of mind where the album actually begins to get good with the help of alicia keyz and nice production.

After having s3x with alicia keyz, jay-z slides into his 745 and heads to atlanta in his ford explorer to pick up young jeezy, by this time you're starting to wonder if they're still rapping on the same beat (since production is very similar). Jeezy makes the cops jobs easier by requesting everyone to put their "hand in the air if they ever hit a lick."

on his way back to new york hov runs into swizz beats in a studio section in an unknown location, where he demands an unfinished beat from swizzy, jay-z finally speaks his mind on why he doesn't drink certain drinks, which makes me questions hov's "pen game" (as budden would say), why is he addressing these issues now? I think it took hov a long time record this half a.ss album, hold on were only half way through.

Jay-z finally gives new artist drake (his son-in-law) some time to shine on his track "off that." i don't know what hov is thinking, timbs are hot, but before i could make it to the end of this song, i was off that.

Speaking of new artist j.cole is the new artist on the rise, but is jay-z cosigning new artist too soon? Jay-z out shines the rookie emcee over the track "a star is born." in this song jay kind of pay homage to fellow emcees such as andre 3000 and ludacris, at the same time he takes a shot at queens rapper prodigy, "prodigy took it a little... Too far, you can't f**k with brooklyn."

venus vs mars is not even worth listening to, can you say album filler?

If the new artist on this album is an example of what the next decade of rap will be like, god take me away right now. I'm throwing my headphones away.

Three words for the kanye track, i hate it.

Reminder is one of the hottest tracks on the album (if not the best). Jay-z finally acknowledges joe budden for his great lyrical skills.

And what's a jay-z album with out pharrell, one of the best producers in the game hands down. I won't even get into the "forever" young" track, wow jay k!lled that sample, and not in a good way.

So is this album worth going to buy? Yes, support anyone who supports the end of auto-tune and skinny jeans even if the music is not what you expected. Make sure you pick up a copy of padded room and relapse while you're at the record store.
This review = a total exercise in futility!
 8 years ago '06        #787
ChrisStokes 105 heat pts105
space
space
$18,412 | Props total: 2023 2023
 future said:

[pic - click to view]

that gif was perfectly executed.
 8 years ago '08        #788
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,580 | Props total: 17250 17250
Just got done listening, the reaction I got from it was this, he fell off its time to retire like MJ, this BP3 was MJ with the Wizards.

[pic - click to view]

Other then the singles he put out, the album is nothing special

The last track is funny, something an Old rich dude would come up with

Last edited by The N; 08-31-2009 at 09:29 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #789
Poloboy69 
space
space
space
$2,232 | Props total: 346 346
Its not bad. people just ready for him to stop, so u automatically think its bad. i think it will be appreciated later on in the year. nobody appreciated 808's at first. month later people were praising.
 8 years ago '05        #790
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
me 2 minutes ago: WHAT THE FCUK IS BEING SAID AT THE 2:20-2:30 MARK IN THE FIRST SONG.

See that, that's the reaction i just yelled into my grandmas face. Illuminati has Jay'z mind and you can hear it at the 2:20 mark but even stronger at the :25-30 mark. IF YOU HAVE HEADPHONES EVEN BETTER. that's how i heard it and it scared the sh#t outta me. I'm building my craft to get out of this country and possibly planet. Illuminati. *cough* Drake

Last edited by meepos; 08-31-2009 at 09:53 PM..
 8 years ago '12        #791
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1259 1259
'Hate' is the worst song ever.

Plain and simple.
 8 years ago '07        #792
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
 The Blueprint² said:
Young Forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hell yea. I was wondering what was taking so long for a rapper to sample that song. Who better than Jay though? Album is on point.
 08-31-2009, 10:02 PM         #793
₪ Skinny Bląc ₪ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '06        #794
iNSPiRED4fR33 
space
space
$1,572 | Props total: 79 79
:applause:

Empire State
Hate
A Star Is Born
So Ambitious
Young Forever

greatest tracks off the album, classics f**k all you haters.
 8 years ago '06        #795
iNSPiRED4fR33 
space
space
$1,572 | Props total: 79 79
 MonkTaker said:
'Hate' is the worst song ever.

Plain and simple.
Hate is fire my n*gga Ye k!lled it.
 08-31-2009, 11:42 PM         #796
MortalDanger 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Alright i was gonna reply to the hate free thread but i feel that my opinion on this matter is important enough to be its own thread. (leave this thread alone wasted)

people are hating for 2 reasons

1. he took a shot at joe budden, so all them joe budden stans from corny a.ss jbtv.com are gonna say its trashed because they hated on their god. get buddens d*ck out your a.sses you f**king cornballs... i enjoy buddens music but god damn.. i think ima hate on budden just to make it well known that i do not like men like the rest of his fans

2. beat selection is pretty bad. A couple bangers but overall the beat has like an uplifting sort of classical feel rather than a hip hop album. I wish he picked more beats like renegade.. i wanna hear jay spaz out on some tracks maybe he will do that next album :)

but if people actually slow down take buddens d*ck out their ears, and listen to the lyrics of blueprint 3 then they might just realize how much jay really k!lls it. listen to empire state of mind and the s**t with j cole just to name 2.

i spoke to someone earlier and they agree with my points but did point out that this album should not be called blueprint 3 and i agree with that, i dont think its great enough to be called blueprint 3 but its still a sick a.ss album one of this years best for sure.

thanks for reading if you did, and f**k the haterz
 8 years ago '04        #797
Jasonb619 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 60 60
I wanted to hate the album, but after listening Id give it a 3/5 at least. It's decent, few good tracks, few average and some not so good ones.

I see a buncha people hatin the "Hate" song but Im likin that track
 08-31-2009, 11:49 PM         #798
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
not really feeling the cd too much, but that "Already Home" song is truely f**king amazing

edit: f**k what i said earlier in this thread about the cd being trash, this s**t is starting to sound dope to me mayne, needed some listens

Last edited by k3llz; 08-31-2009 at 11:55 PM..
 08-31-2009, 11:55 PM         #799
Halftimee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Empire State of Mind is an auto fail without Nas on it. Its so easy to see he took that concept from NY State of Mind, just listen to the lyrics. If you wanted to do part 3, you shoulda asked Nas.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '06        #800
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
only tracks i like right now are thanks and coming home...i'm on the hate track...wack beat...

i can't even take jay seriously anymore.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
163 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
86 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy