Jay-Z:Blueprint 3 *Official Discussion Thread*/ Include Tracklist and Cover

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
134 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
24 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What are you thinking about the new Jay Album?
CLASSIC no need to hear it. 44 22.92%
TRASH, dude is an elderly camel. 32 16.67%
i have faith in the GOAT. 46 23.96%
MY GOD.. has Hov fallen off?!??! 70 36.46%
Voters: 192. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-31-2009, 08:20 PM         #761
future23234 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1ironboy1 said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

08-31-2009, 08:28 PM         #762
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There's a reason why Jay-Z has 10 number one albums, and it's not because of his lyrical ability, it has more to do with his marketing plan. With mediocre lines, a smooth delivery, and jazzy production, Jay-Z's album The Blue Print three is one of the standout albums of the year, but is it worth going to the store and spending your hard earn money on?

In the lead out song "What We Talkin' About" the subliminal king starts out his album the best way he knows how, by throwing subliminal at various artist, Jay spend more than half of the song talking about "what he's not talking about," but never revealing what he's actually taking about. Jay delivers some of the best lines an old man suffering with Alzheimer can dish out "I don't have a beard/ now get off of my sack/" is what the lyrical genius babble in the middle of the song.

Skip to Empire State of Mind where the album actually begins to get good with the help of Alicia Keyz and nice production.

After having s3x with Alicia Keyz, Jay-Z slides into his 745 and heads to Atlanta in his Ford Explorer to pick up Young Jeezy, by this time you're starting to wonder if they're still rapping on the same beat (since production is very similar). Jeezy makes the cops jobs easier by requesting everyone to put their "hand in the air if they ever hit a lick."

On his way back to New York Hov runs into Swizz Beats in a studio section in an unknown location, where he demands an unfinished beat from Swizzy, Jay-Z finally speaks his mind on why he doesn't drink certain drinks, which makes me questions Hov's "pen game" (as Budden would say), why is he addressing these issues now? I think it took Hov a long time record this half a.ss album, hold on were only half way through.

Jay-Z finally gives new artist Drake (his son-in-law) some time to shine on his track "Off That." I don't know what Hov is thinking, Timbs are hot, but before I could make it to the end of this song, I was off that.

Speaking of new artist J.Cole is the new artist on the rise, but is Jay-Z cosigning new artist too soon? Jay-Z out shines the rookie emcee over the track "A Star is Born." In this song Jay kind of pay homage to fellow emcees such as Andre 3000 and Ludacris, at the same time he takes a shot at Queens rapper Prodigy, "Prodigy took it a little... too far, you can't f**k with Brooklyn."

Venus vs Mars is not even worth listening to, can you say album filler?

If the new artist on this album is an example of what the next decade of rap will be like, God take me away right now. I'm throwing my headphones away.

Three words for the Kanye track, I hate it.

Reminder is one of the hottest tracks on the album (if not the best). Jay-Z finally acknowledges Joe Budden for his great lyrical skills.

And What's a Jay-Z album with out Pharrell, one of the best producers in the game hands down. I won't even get into the "Forever" Young" track, wow Jay k!lled that sample, and not in a good way.

so is this album worth going to buy? Yes, support anyone who supports the end of auto-tune and skinny jeans even if the music is not what you expected. make sure you pick up a copy of Padded Room and Relapse while you're at the record store.

Last edited by Sam Rothstein; 08-31-2009 at 09:46 PM..
 08-31-2009, 08:28 PM         #763
WEREWOLF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Yung Dilla said:
did he take a shot at game?????
third verse on "thank you" sounds subliminally directed at game...he also mentions "50 cam through like hurricanes do" im not sure if hes trying to be slick or shout out game there
 8 years ago '04        #764
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
 1ironboy1 said:

[pic - click to view]

Whos album are they playing?? Bleeks?
 08-31-2009, 08:32 PM         #765
future23234 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Get it Right said:
There's are reason why Jay-Z has 10 number one albums, and it's not because of his lyrical ability, it has more to do with his marketing plan. With mediocre lines, a smooth delivery, and jazzy production, Jay-Z's album The Blue Print three is one of the standout albums of the year, but is it worth going to the store and spending your hard earn money on?

In the lead out song "What We Talkin' About" the subliminal king starts out his album the best way he knows how, by throwing subliminal at various artist, Jay spend more than half of the song talking about "what he's not talking about," but never revealing what he's actually taking about. Jay delivers some of the best lines an old man suffering with Alzheimer can dish out "I don't have a beard/ now get off of my sack/" is what the lyrical genius babble in the middle of the song.

Skip to Empire State of Mind where the album actually begins to get good with the help of Alicia Keyz and nice production.

After having s3x with Alicia Keyz, Jay-Z slides into his 745 and heads to Atlanta in his Ford Explorer to pick up Young Jeezy, by this time you're starting to wonder if they're still rapping on the same beat (since production is very similar). Jeezy makes the cops jobs easier by requesting everyone to put their "hand in the air if they ever hit a lick."

On his way back to New York Hov runs into Swizz Beats in a studio section in an unknown location, where he demands an unfinished from Swizzy, Jay-Z finally speaking his mind on why he does drink certain drinks, which makes me questions Hov's "pen game" (as Budden would say), why is he adressing these issues now? I think it took Hov a long time record this half a.ss album, hold on were only half way through.

Jay-Z finally gives new artist Drake (his son-in-law) some time to shine on his track "Off That." I don't know what Hov is thinking, Timbs are hot, but before I could make it to the end of this song, I was off that.

Speaking of new artist J.Cole is the new artist on the rise, but is Jay-Z cosigning new artist too soon? Jay-Z out shines the rookie emcee over the track "A Star is Born." In this song Jay kind of pay homage to fellow emcees such as Andre 3000 and Ludacris, at the same time he takes a shot at Queens rapper Prodigy, "Prodigy took it a little... too far, you can't f**k with Brooklyn."

Venus vs Mars is not even worth listening to, can you say album filler?

If the new artist on this album is an example of what the next decade of rap will be like, God take me away right now. I'm throwing my headphones away.

Three words for the Kanye track, I hate it.

Reminder is one of the hottest tracks on the album (if not the best). Jay-Z finally acknowledges Joe Budden for his great lyrical skills.

And What's a Jay-Z album with out Pharrell, one of the best producers in the game hands down. I won't even get into the "Forever" Young" track, wow Jay k!lled that sample, and not in a good way.

so is this album worth going to buy? Yes, support anyone who supports the end of auto-tune and skinny jeans even if the music is not what you expected. make sure you pick up a copy of Padded Room and Relapse while you're at the record store.
this s**t had me dying
 08-31-2009, 08:34 PM         #766
keemibus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Did you just say Reminder was the hottest track on the album?

08-31-2009, 08:35 PM         #767
future23234 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1ironboy1 said:
mad at what? what does that even suppose to mean?

[pic - click to view]

lol

great comeback homie
 8 years ago '06        #768
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,351 | Props total: 827 827
why does everyone feel the need to start a thread just to review BB3 when theres like 15 threads reviewin the album???:lachen001:
 8 years ago '04        #769
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,112 | Props total: 1150 1150
 keemibus said:
Did you just say Reminder was the hottest track on the album?

^^^^^^^^^^^^
 08-31-2009, 08:38 PM         #770
WEREWOLF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 future said:

great comeback homie
yeah that was actually pretty witty what he did there.
 08-31-2009, 08:40 PM         #771
future23234 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WEREWOLF said:
yeah that was actually pretty witty what he did there.
flipping the picture and asking wut it means?
 08-31-2009, 08:41 PM         #772
future23234 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1ironboy1 said:
u guys r nuts

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #773
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
Why cats dont like the "Hate" joint? lol, that beat is dope to me...
 08-31-2009, 08:44 PM         #774
future23234 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyyankees2 said:
Hov changed the game--plain and simple -this body of work is not your ordinary-No other rapper could have pulled this move..now watch your favorite rapper follow the Blueprint for years to come:jumping0045::jumping0045:

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #775
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
 future said:

[pic - click to view]

ahahahahaaaaa lmoaaoaoaoaaaaaaaa
 8 years ago '06        #776
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,351 | Props total: 827 827
 future said:

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #777
Phesus 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,198 | Props total: 2 2
superman fell in love
 8 years ago '06        #778
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
this is

[pic - click to view]

pledge your allegiance
 8 years ago '04        #779
hardcopyhc 
space
space
$1,291 | Props total: 155 155
The album is trash
 08-31-2009, 08:58 PM         #780
onq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HOV is Back!!!!!!!!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
160 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy