NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
86 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-07-2009, 01:16 AM         #1
144909 pageviews
45 comments

carl0489 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Huge f**kin Spiders!!!!

And other weird, frightening, gross and fascinating animals. Let out your inner geek and use this thread to post some pictures/videos of animals you find interesting, along with any relevant facts about them. Spiders, snakes, jellyfish, scorpions, sharks, tigers etc.

If it's an animal and it's not cute and cuddly, it belongs in here.

45 comments for "Huge f**kin Spiders!!!!"

08-07-2009, 01:17 AM         #2
carl0489  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm gonna start this one off with a picture that's already famous on boxden (for those of you who remember that bird eating spider thread.

[pic - click to view]

This is a real photograph taken near Queensland Australia of a Golden Orb Weaver eating a bird that was caught in its web. If any of my fellow Texans remember those black and yellow spiders that build those big a.ss webs in the summer time, they are in the same family of spiders as this one.
These spiders build unusually strong webs which are high in protein so that they can capture large prey. When an animal (such as a bird) is caught in the web of a golden silk orb weaver, it will inject its prey with venom to break down the food for eating and then use it as a food parcel.

It's bite, though painful and irritating, is not lethal to humans. It would still be scary as f**k to have one of these crawling on you
 08-07-2009, 01:30 AM         #3
carl0489  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

08-07-2009, 09:30 AM         #4
CHRONICLE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ballooning (Spiders):

[pic - click to view]

This is a cool characteristic of spiders, especially amongst the young, the ability to balloon. They shoot their silk into the air, and ride the current, in a somewhat controlled manner; interestingly enough, wind currents can be a mass-transit system for all sots of organisms, allowing them to gain prevalence/colonize distant regions.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

There's hundreds of these near my home.
 08-07-2009, 11:10 AM         #5
CHRONICLE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dope capture...

[pic - click to view]

Wallpaper worthy.
 08-07-2009, 11:38 PM         #6
JerseyLegend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I posted this one already in the KC. The dolphin playing with the air bubble.

[video - click to view]

Rare, living fossil, 6-gilled shark

[video - click to view]

WIki said:
Additional extinct types are known from fossil teeth. The frilled shark was thought to be extinct itself; it was only discovered alive in Japanese waters in the 19th century.[2] On January 21, 2007, a specimen was found alive off the coast of Japan near the Awashima Marine Park in Shizuoka, southwest of Tokyo. The shark was captured but was not adapted to live in the warm, shallow water that it was moved to. The specimen died soon after capture.
My favorite, the komodo dragon.

[video - click to view]

The eat their food whole. The produce they insanely toxic saliva in their gums, I believe. All it takes is one bite, if you manage to escape, and they won't chase you. The toxic in their saliva, once it goes in your cut will slowly k!ll you. They have amazing smelling receptors that can sniff out the airborne molecules from the rotten flesh caught by their tongue (like a snake) that is receive by this organ at the roof of its mouth which then is received by the brain. They can sniff you out up to about 6 or 7 miles away.
 08-07-2009, 11:56 PM         #7
carl0489  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Shaolin_Bees again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CHRONICLE again.

[pic - click to view]

Some info about the world's deadliest venomous animal. There are 20 different species of Cubozoa (box jellyfish). They are the ONLY jellyfish known to actively hunt their prey as opposed to "true" jellyfish who simply consume any creatures unfortunate enough to get caught in their wake. I guess whether or not you can really call these creatures jellyfish is debatable.

When people use the term "box jellyfish" they are usually referring to the Chironex Fleckeri aka "sea wasp" (pictured above) although the term actually describes the entire Cubozoa family. Sea wasps have four clusters of primitive eyes, which scientists believe can see and recognize certain shapes and colors thus prompting them to swim toward potential prey. It is important to note, that no one really knows how sea wasps process the images they see with their eyes, due to the apparent lack of a central nervous system.

I think I'll let my boy Steve Irwin take over from here.

[video - click to view]

08-08-2009, 01:00 AM         #8
JerseyLegend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol I was going to post jellyfish before my last post. That box jellyfish is amazingly dangerous and contains a crazy potent poison. I remember watching a special on them a few years ago I think on Discovery. I remember the 3d stimulation of what occurs when come in contact its tentacles.

Apparently when you touch it, the tentacles have these microscopic spike like needles I guess, that shoot out when the tentacles is touched. The 'mini-tentacle' goes right into you hand or whatever, and the poison is instantaneously injected directly into your blood stream and nervous system and leave a very nasty looking and painful mark vvvvv

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '07        #9
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
^ouch, those damn tentacles are blazing
 08-08-2009, 01:42 AM         #10
carl0489  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Those stingers are called nematocysts and they eject venom in a fraction of a second.

This video is the nematocysts of an irukandji jellyfish (one of the most dangerous types of cubozoa). It is magnified 400 times.

[spoiler - click to view]

The firing of a nematocyst on a box jellyfish is the fastest reaction among all living things.

Last edited by carl0489; 08-09-2009 at 09:57 PM..
 08-08-2009, 06:59 AM         #11
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Shaolin_Bees said:

My favorite, the komodo dragon.

The eat their food whole. The produce they insanely toxic saliva in their gums, I believe. All it takes is one bite, if you manage to escape, and they won't chase you. The toxic in their saliva, once it goes in your cut will slowly k!ll you. They have amazing smelling receptors that can sniff out the airborne molecules from the rotten flesh caught by their tongue (like a snake) that is receive by this organ at the roof of its mouth which then is received by the brain. They can sniff you out up to about 6 or 7 miles away.
thats a f**king horrible video.

dont they sometimes sit under the stairs leading from peoples houses (in asia?) and catch children as they come down the stairs?

sure i remember watching that when i was a kid.
 08-08-2009, 07:07 AM         #12
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Breeding behavior Of Mallards

Mallards form pairs only until the female lays eggs, at which time she is left by the male. The clutch is 8–13 eggs, which are incubated for 27–28 days to hatching with 50–60 days to fledging. The ducklings are precocial, and can swim and feed themselves on insects as soon as they hatch, although they stay near the female for protection. Mallards also have rates of male-male s3xual activity that are unusually high for birds. In some cases, as many as 19% of pairs in a Mallard population are male-male homos3xual[7].

When they pair off with mating partners, often one or several drakes will end up "left out". This group will sometimes target an isolated female duck — chasing, pestering and pecking at her until she weakens (a phenomenon referred to by researchers as r*pe flight), at which point each male will take turns copulating with the female. Male Mallards will also occasionally chase other males in the same way. (In one documented case, a male Mallard copulated with another male he was chasing after it had been k!lled when it flew into a glass window.

an accompaniment

[video - click to view]

meh ill post something proper later just knows this gets up creationists noses.
 08-08-2009, 12:22 PM         #13
JerseyLegend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carl0489 said:
Those stingers are called nematocysts and they eject venom in a fraction of a second.

This video is the nematocysts of an irukandji jellyfish (one of the most dangerous types of cubozoa). It is magnified 400 times.

^^^^ That's was also shown in the documentary or special that I saw a few years ago. That's the images I had in my head.

jataylorlfc said:
thats a f**king horrible video.

dont they sometimes sit under the stairs leading from peoples houses (in asia?) and catch children as they come down the stairs?

sure i remember watching that when i was a kid.
That's a f**king amazing video, and it wasn't even all that.

Komodo chases gazelle and starts eating it alive.

[video - click to view]

Eats pig whole

[spoiler - click to view]

Yea they tend to go to areas where people stay. But they seem very nonchalant, almost lazy. They do have a lot of patience as well. The special I saw on them, the kids were playing like 20 feet away form a dragon and all the dragon did was just lay there.
 08-08-2009, 12:36 PM         #14
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Shaolin_Bees said:
That's a f**king amazing video, and it wasn't even all that.
nahhhh

if it was catching the chicken id say fine, but the fact the chicken kept getting away and the man kept throwing it back just not my cup of tea.
 08-08-2009, 12:50 PM         #15
CHRONICLE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Komodo vs Croc would be dope!
 08-08-2009, 01:12 PM         #16
JerseyLegend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A favorite right here

Battle At Kruger: Lions vs Buffalo vs Crocodile

[video - click to view]

The pain suppression that the buffalo carry is a marvel
 08-08-2009, 01:12 PM         #17
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Komodo vs Croc would be dope!

if its mudwrestling and theyre in bikinis yeah.
 08-08-2009, 01:22 PM         #18
carl0489  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jataylorlfc said:
Breeding behavior Of Mallards

Mallards form pairs only until the female lays eggs, at which time she is left by the male. The clutch is 8–13 eggs, which are incubated for 27–28 days to hatching with 50–60 days to fledging. The ducklings are precocial, and can swim and feed themselves on insects as soon as they hatch, although they stay near the female for protection. Mallards also have rates of male-male s3xual activity that are unusually high for birds. In some cases, as many as 19% of pairs in a Mallard population are male-male homos3xual[7].

When they pair off with mating partners, often one or several drakes will end up "left out". This group will sometimes target an isolated female duck — chasing, pestering and pecking at her until she weakens (a phenomenon referred to by researchers as r*pe flight), at which point each male will take turns copulating with the female. Male Mallards will also occasionally chase other males in the same way. (In one documented case, a male Mallard copulated with another male he was chasing after it had been k!lled when it flew into a glass window.

an accompaniment

meh ill post something proper later just knows this gets up creationists noses.
You should be ashamed of yourself. Marriage is a sacred institution between male ducks and female ducks
 08-08-2009, 01:29 PM         #19
carl0489  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Some of you may have heard of these. Female botflies will capture mosquitoes in order to deposit their eggs on them after which time they will release them. When the mosquito lands on a host, the eggs will either fall off and embed themselves on the surface of the skin or they will enter the host body through the mosquito's bite.

When the eggs hatch beneath the skin, the larvae will stay inside for a period of about 8 weeks.

Remedies include covering the wound with tape, petroleum jelly or nail polish as this will asphyxiate the larvae, forcing them to come to the entrance of the wound where they can be removed.

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #20
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,726 | Props total: 1873 1873
 Shaolin_Bees said:
A favorite right here

Battle At Kruger: Lions vs Buffalo vs Crocodile

The pain suppression that the buffalo carry is a marvel
wow.. that was amazing footage
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
44 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
23 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
132 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
44 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy