Aug 6 - Big Pun's Wife and Children Living in Homeless Shelter

most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
262 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
144 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-01-2009, 10:52 PM         #81
VEEGA28 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whenever someone dies (especially a rapper) people will invariably say "I'll rep his name forever!!" or "I'll treat his kids like my own" or "Whatever his fam needs, I'm just a call away".

In ACTUALITY, it RARELY happens. Fat Joe built his "empire" (pun intended) on the back of Big Pun's brilliance. Pun was (in my opinion) perhaps the most slept on rapper in history. And, after he died, Joe pick up a few more bucks by releasing posthumous material.

It's the "in" thing to do for a rapper to sprinkle their dead homie's name in their songs, but how many of em' REALLY follow thru on the promise to "hold their family fown"??
Ask Afeni Shakur.. Ask the families of Big L, Freaky Tah, and countless other slain artists.

Now, I'm not accusing anybody.. all I know is that Pun's fam is homeless.
 09-03-2009, 03:36 AM         #82
buhdarific 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yall all are some f**king retards...

Most of the ones commenting about how she should get a job. She should have done this. She should have done that. f**k YOU....

She has 3 kids to raise. After paying for childcare for those kids she would be left with nothing.

Fat Joe is f**ked up. Not for not helping her out. Honestly f**k her. He should be helping the kids out. I mean dudes made bank off of PUN and STILL f**kING IS. She has gotten 1 f**king check in royalties for $160k. Dude is a d*ck. Maybe she doesn't deserve it. His kids do though.

Big Pun had mad s**t recorded before he died. Fat f**k Joey should be building his legacy more.
 8 years ago '04        #83
Calamity 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,023 | Props total: 1847 1847
 VEEGA28 said:
Whenever someone dies (especially a rapper) people will invariably say "I'll rep his name forever!!" or "I'll treat his kids like my own" or "Whatever his fam needs, I'm just a call away".

In ACTUALITY, it RARELY happens. Fat Joe built his "empire" (pun intended) on the back of Big Pun's brilliance. Pun was (in my opinion) perhaps the most slept on rapper in history. And, after he died, Joe pick up a few more bucks by releasing posthumous material.

It's the "in" thing to do for a rapper to sprinkle their dead homie's name in their songs, but how many of em' REALLY follow thru on the promise to "hold their family fown"??
Ask Afeni Shakur.. Ask the families of Big L, Freaky Tah, and countless other slain artists.

well that would be a story that nobody has told yet if she could somehow get a book in the works...
 09-03-2009, 04:27 AM         #84
Massawe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Come on Pun was ill, he definitly is still making royalities of his s**t. For f**k sake, Kriss Kross are still making royalities. Joe r*ped them. That's mad f**ked up.
 8 years ago '09        #85
gabe guzman 
space
space
$48 | Props total: 0 0
wow, that is nuts! never thought i'd see that coming.
 8 years ago '09        #86
SCNC 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,999 | Props total: 1224 1224
 Ra-da-god said:
she wanted to live a life style that wasn't hers and now she's paying for it (no pun intended).
:lachen001:
 09-24-2009, 10:08 PM         #87
SBSUAVE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fat Joe should have been did something before she even had the chance to go to the press. I'm royalities is about 100k a year(guessing),even if not joe got the money
 8 years ago '06        #88
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
:( this is sad
 8 years ago '04        #89
memyselfni 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1 1
its not fat joe's responsibility to take care of another man's family. she shouldnt expect to live the way she lived when pun was alive...many people who are not relatives of celebs are in shelters and i don't see people feeling sorry for them.
 8 years ago '04        #90
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,310 | Props total: 11226 11226
160k is not much when you are upside down on a huge mortgage - and with no education, i would imagine, to flip what money you do have.

like she said, legal fees and children to feed. that accounts for 160k QUICK. in case you haven't realized, pun has been dead awhile. leeches prolly all around her too.

cut this woman a break. and joe is a b**ch, i don't care what anyone says. he can throw her a small bone.
 8 years ago '04        #91
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,310 | Props total: 11226 11226
 SBSUAVE said:
Fat Joe should have been did something before she even had the chance to go to the press. I'm royalities is about 100k a year(guessing),even if not joe got the money
obviously your guessing...what, you think he makes 100k a year in royalties off of some old albums and few singles? this ain't michael jackson, its big f**king pun.
 8 years ago '06        #92
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 2 2
 Jimbo said:
She was probably "stuntin" on people with that $160,000.

She probably thought about some s**t like "Damn, I got 160 g's, I should put this down on a house for me and my family...... Nah f**k that what am I talking about, I'ma go get a big diamond Big Pun chain and rock that s**t at the club." lmao
Some ya'll n*ggas can't read for s**t or just real stupid and illiterate ..

All that 160 g's went straight into the house Pun left her, she didn't touch that for herself, it was for her family. She was spending the money as wisely as she could for her family. Joe is a fat washed up piece of s**t that won't support her and Puns family. He is only around today because of Pun. Who knew Joe before Pun? .. Answer that first ..

This man is living of Pun's past life and making a fortune, he can't even help out the mans family ..

f**k Joey, fat clown ..
 09-26-2009, 06:14 AM         #93
JKlebz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think ( ) joe's a clown,
no doubt...
 09-26-2009, 10:53 AM         #94
imagrapstar 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
do ya'll realize we talkin' about kids here? somebody gettin' the pun royalties, & it's not his family.

it's not JOE responsibility to take care of her but dammit, them his "brother" kids!!

full disclosure of the finances should remedy this situation, but she's not gonna get that cuz folk on that grimey s**t on the books.

i dont give a f**k what they into it about, them his homie kids man, FAT JOE is a heartless f**k.

my best mate couldn't be dead & im caked up while his kids on the street, f**k FAT JOE.

Last edited by imagrapstar; 09-26-2009 at 10:55 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #95
Bodega 
space
space
space
$538 | Props total: 0 0
 Bazzzzz said:
Should have moved down south.
160'gs aint s**t in NY. . .
I was just about to say tht.... yall have no idea 160 stacks could not handle nothing. a 3 bedroom is over 300 stacks in nyc .. and thts in the hood.

Hell yeah its Joe's responsibilty if tht was his so called brother.. Thts like Puff not seeing to that Biggies kids are tooken care of.. Thats code.. if you got money Y not help... n*gga living lavish in NJ.

Also Pun had a short career what makes yall think he made millions????
 09-27-2009, 02:51 PM         #96
RChatty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yungfresh2def said:
Deceased rapper Big Pun's widow and three children are living in a New York homeless shelter. Liza Rios and her children have been forced to relocate to the shelter after losing their home to foreclosure.

"We're in a city shelter," Rios said in an interview. "It's been very hard for them [the children] to transition. After Pun passed I didn't receive a lot of money. I received $160,000 from publishing. The house I was paying mortgage [on] was my husband's. He bought the house and it wasn't paid out. The five years I was living there I spent over $120,000 just on mortgage [payments]. Then you [have] the kids, and the food, and the clothes and legal fees...when there's no money coming in, there's just money [going] out."

Rios also talked about her physically and emotionally abusive relationship with her late husband. "It's through the grace of God that I've survived," she said. "I never knew what domestic violence was until I was in it and even when I was in it I still didn't know what was going on. I thought it was just me I didn't know that it was happening with so many women."

As a member of the Terror Squad rap group Pun was responsible for introducing rapper Fat Joe to the public. According to Rios, she and Joe are not on good terms and have no plans to reconcile. "We haven't been on the best of terms in a while. I'm asking to see proof of royalties and so forth. I have not yet seen anything. Pun has made a lot of money for people and continues to make money for them. Pun doesn't get paid when you hear songs on iTunes [or] ringtones. If Pun's not getting a check, his kids are not getting a check."

Pun, born Christopher Rios, died in 2000 from a fatal heart attach. Most famous for his single 'I'm Not A Player,' the rapper weighed almost 700 lbs at the time of his death

VIDEO
This is just crazy. I hate when I hear about this. Why are fathers not taking care of their families and doing what they are supposd too. I mean a shelter. That is just really sad. I am praying for his family and hope some positive things come out of this situation.
 8 years ago '06        #97
DJ Endo 
space
space
$924 | Props total: 68 68
^^^ SMH @ these golddigging wh0ores. U gotta watch these smuts man. Even when you're dead they will still try to get money from you. Damn shame man, that hoe trying to ruin Big Pun's legacy.

fukk that hoe.
 09-29-2009, 09:05 PM         #98
tgfromfiji 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You got to teach em how to fish, givin handouts do nothing
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
193 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
21 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
58 comments
1 day ago