Aug 6 - Big Pun's Wife and Children Living in Homeless Shelter

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
40 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #21
RAZAH CUTS 5839 heat pts5839
space
space
$54,076 | Props total: 18880 18880
hmmm....I think that Joe going on the defensive really should raise a lot of people's eyebrows...

I mean what? Your gonna have a war of words in the media with a woman, a mother of 3 or 4 kids, the former wife of your right hand man, who's living in a city shelter? Definitely a lil' suspect....

I think It woulda been a lot more respectable to just reach out to her privately....I mean her going on camera is just so predictable; she's calling out for help...getting desperate..Joe shoulda been able to see that right off...

And let's not forget Joe's checkered history with other former "close friends", people that rolled with him...Cuban, Remy Ma, Triple Seis, Sunkiss; they all attest to the fact that Joey is a lil' flaky and furthermore downright deceptive and two faced...

The jury is out on this, but I don't like how Joe handled this...hes trying to save face b4 he helps his mans family....letting his emotions convince him not to do what's right which would be to help get those kids out of that shelter...We all know Liza f**ked up...that's obvious...now they gotta move forward somehow...she needs a hand badly and her deceased husbands "twin" should be one of teh first people to try and come around and help....I think Liza is taking the wrong approach, she too shoulda reached out privately to Joe, not lambasted him on the internet....
 08-08-2009, 03:18 AM         #22
finesse1272 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 get_ate said:
...as much as I think Fat Joe is a clown, it's not his responsibility to take care of that man's wife and children.

That responsibility was Pun's before he died. Pun's inability to properly manage his finances, establish a trust, or maybe even leave a will are all on him.

...now that he's dead, and been dead for almost a decade now, the responsibility of taking care of the Rios family lies in the hands of the wife...and from what I can gather, she's failed at that miserably for almost a decade.

Instead of looking to scapegoat Joe as the cause of her family's malady, shorty needs to look at Pun and herself.

...shorty's basically waiting for a handout that will NEVER come because, realistically speaking, Pun wasn't that big of a deal. His catalog is scant, and its kind of hard to squeeze money out of nothing.

Ja Rule has a more lucrative catalog that will keep his children's children living comfortably...the same cannot be said for Pun.
Nah duke that is f**ked up if he owes royalties and not pay for them. that type of s**t happens all the time. not that he should take care of her for life but PAY WHAT HE OWE!!!!
 8 years ago '05        #23
sixmillion007 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,572 | Props total: 177 177
In principle Fat Joe don't owe her s**t but morally I couldn't see a dude I referred to as my brother family struggling and I was walking around with near a million worth of jewels around my neck and know they are in a homeless shelter.
 8 years ago '04        #24
yo0123yo 148 heat pts148
space
space
space
$3,681 | Props total: 251 251
yea i can feel that. nice response

RAZAH CUTS said:
hmmm....I think that Joe going on the defensive really should raise a lot of people's eyebrows...

I mean what? Your gonna have a war of words in the media with a woman, a mother of 3 or 4 kids, the former wife of your right hand man, who's living in a city shelter? Definitely a lil' suspect....

I think It woulda been a lot more respectable to just reach out to her privately....I mean her going on camera is just so predictable; she's calling out for help...getting desperate..Joe shoulda been able to see that right off...

And let's not forget Joe's checkered history with other former "close friends", people that rolled with him...Cuban, Remy Ma, Triple Seis, Sunkiss; they all attest to the fact that Joey is a lil' flaky and furthermore downright deceptive and two faced...

The jury is out on this, but I don't like how Joe handled this...hes trying to save face b4 he helps his mans family....letting his emotions convince him not to do what's right which would be to help get those kids out of that shelter...We all know Liza f**ked up...that's obvious...now they gotta move forward somehow...she needs a hand badly and her deceased husbands "twin" should be one of teh first people to try and come around and help....I think Liza is taking the wrong approach, she too shoulda reached out privately to Joe, not lambasted him on the internet....
 8 years ago '04        #25
l0udm0uf 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,678 | Props total: 3 3
 Ra-da-god said:
she made 160k you tellin me you couldn't come up off of that? she wanted to live a life style that wasn't hers and now she's paying for it (no pun intended).

:D i see what u did there
 8 years ago '04        #26
newfnshow715 
space
space
$3,199 | Props total: 0 0
she should have paid the house in full when she got whatever money she got. She could have fed her kids pb and j til everything was straight and she could have gotten a job so she could have paid the taxes on the house. That way at least they would have a place to live.. come on dude had two albums and only one real big song that would produce a check. And like someone else said has been dead 10 yrs now and he could have purchased life insurence if she couldnt do for herself once he passed. Its a bad situation but this got nothing to do with fat joe, for all you know he is struggling too and he cant have pun's family on life support.
 08-08-2009, 07:53 AM         #27
The Blueprint˛ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ the people blaming joe on this one
 8 years ago '04        #28
jsmooth-117 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$11,536 | Props total: 6459 6459
Well this is a f**ked up situation. I dont know what the deal was between pun and joe or pun wife and joe HOWEVER me being the person I am if i was Joe I would do at least something to help the kids out. I dont mean hand the mom a lump sum of me so she could potentially go blow it off on some f**k s**t, i mean at least set them up in a low budget apartment or some sort of shelter, a lil s**t house something better and more condusive then a homeless shelter buy them some clothes and fill the house with some food. At the most realistically in NY this would cost ( im not from NY so i am going to p!ss in the wind) 80k and call it good. That is just being a real dude, and not doing it because you owe pun or his wife or kids just doing something (I dont want to use the word charitable but for lack of a better term) out of the kidness of ya heart.

Just my $0.02
 8 years ago '04        #29
T-Styles 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,182 | Props total: 0 0
 newfnshow715 said:
she should have paid the house in full when she got whatever money she got. She could have fed her kids pb and j til everything was straight and she could have gotten a job so she could have paid the taxes on the house. That way at least they would have a place to live.. come on dude had two albums and only one real big song that would produce a check. And like someone else said has been dead 10 yrs now and he could have purchased life insurence if she couldnt do for herself once he passed. Its a bad situation but this got nothing to do with fat joe, for all you know he is struggling too and he cant have pun's family on life support.

lol @ thinking that they lived in a house that could have been paid off wit $160K in NY...What "big" rapper you know that lives in a 160K house besides Redman?
 8 years ago '04        #30
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,392 | Props total: 11758 11758
 Poloi3eai2 said:
That's her fault she's in that position. He's been dead for a decade now. She got $160,000 which is a decent amount for any person. His career was too short to be worth millions, he had one good album then died during his 2nd. She was probably trying to pay mortgage on a million dollar home without any other income. Fat Joe doesn't have to give her any money because Pun agreed to sign under Terror Squad. She should have sold that house find a more modest affordable house and try to start a career. 160,000 can support that for 3-4 years.

not in NY 2 years yeah but 3 kids and u aint working
 08-08-2009, 09:19 AM         #31
CenterField 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
b**ch better setup a profile for eharmony
 8 years ago '04        #32
Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,991 | Props total: 1348 1348
 sixmillion007 said:
In principle, Fat Joe don't owe her s**t but morally I couldn't see a dude I referred to as my brother family struggling and I was walking around with near a million worth of jewels around my neck and know they are in a homeless shelter.
unfortunately, you seem to be the only intelligent being in this entire thread.

people on boxden are f**kin idiots.

thank you for not being retarded sir.

the bold highlighted statement is where the issue comes from.

ya'll act like Pun died, and his wife is just begging Joe, a random guy, for some money.

s**t was way deeper than rap, Joe and Pun and Terror Squad was like a family, that s**t was wayyyyyyyyy deeper than rap, they used to grind together and get money and all.

im jus sayin, if you supposed to be somebody right hand, and be they brother and s**t, what kind of man would you call yourself if he died, and you got his wife and kids livin' in a homeless shelter. that's just f**ked up.

you know that at least on one occasion, Pun prolly had a real a.ss conversation wit Joe like "Joe, if somethin was to happen to me out here, you gon hold down Terror Squad and take care of my family?".....and Joe was prolly like "Yea, Pun, you know i got you, you like my brother."

thats why joe a f**kin clown.

if one of my close friends died and his family was in a situation like that, i'd take care of his kids like they were my own. thats what real n*ggas do.

Joe got enough jewelry on his neck to straight move a whole block in NY to a mansion. least he can do is get Pun's fam out the homeless shelter.....

how the f**k does NOBODY else seem to see ANYTHING wrong with that?

Last edited by Grisly; 08-08-2009 at 10:58 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #33
Big Moon Dawg 
space
space
$3,126 | Props total: 1 1
"what would big say? you know that aint riiiiight'
 08-08-2009, 02:57 PM         #34
benzsl4585 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
b!tch got used to livin' the "Glamor Life"
 8 years ago '07        #35
bx kid 4 heat pts
space
space
$7,211 | Props total: 1269 1269
i read all these comments and there are some dumb ppl on here

I live in nyc myself and the cost of living out here is thru the roof extremely expensive so 160gz aint s**t to be honest. now if she had 160gz living in VA or ATL then dats different because its much cheapter to live down south then up north especially in nyc.

i agree its not joes fault that pun didnt handle his s**t the correct way, she's the stupid a.ss because if you know you cant afford something why contine to try and pay for it? doesnt make any sense. now pun is #2 in my top5 and i agree his catalog wasnt wide at all for her to be expecting money from joey his only radio friendly song was "im not a player" pun was for the streetz

however i do feel that joey doesnt have a heart because when pun was alive they were like brothers so if i was joey i couldnt see my brother family doing bad and im driving new coupes and benzs millions of dollars worth of jewelery on and s**t and my so called brother from another mother family is living in a homeless shelter I would feel less of a man and a fraud

Last edited by bx kid; 08-08-2009 at 04:25 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #36
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 yo0123yo said:
shes disrespectin pun by talking bad about him after his death..i don't see joey doin that
Pun use to hit her dude
 8 years ago '04        #37
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,070 | Props total: 6135 6135
once she saw it was only 160,000 and the house needed to be paid why didnt she get a f**kin job instead of being lazy
 08-08-2009, 08:17 PM         #38
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MAKAVELI2199 said:
????????????????????? false
REALLY
how many people besides you or me knew that Fat Joe even recorded a song called
"This s**t Is Real"

its true. without Big Pun ....Fat joe would have never became s**t and rich
 8 years ago '07        #39
[MK] 
space
space
$2,828 | Props total: 438 438
Yes in 9 yrs she could have had her masters and a great job, but can you honestly expect her to do that. She couldn't leave an abusive relationship so she def can't fend for herself. She kept going back to Pun bcuz he was her garunteed meal ticket.

I would have given her 3 million, the three children each a trust of a million. Also I would have said this is your future, don't f**k this up.

Fat joe is makin tons of $ off Khaled's a.ss with all his bulls**t songs with the same rappers all the time.

He can afford to buy a new chain and watch but not support people that he should consider family.

Last edited by [MK]; 08-08-2009 at 11:17 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #40
ehizzy3 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,917 | Props total: 502 502
i just feel bad for the kids....damn
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
54 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
76 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
22 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
17 comments
23 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy