NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
145 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
10887 pageviews
108 comments

yungfresh2def 21 heat pts21
space
space
$531 | Props total: 1 1
Aug 6 - Big Pun's Wife and Children Living in Homeless Shelter

Deceased rapper Big Pun's widow and three children are living in a New York homeless shelter. Liza Rios and her children have been forced to relocate to the shelter after losing their home to foreclosure.

"We're in a city shelter," Rios said in an interview. "It's been very hard for them [the children] to transition. After Pun passed I didn't receive a lot of money. I received $160,000 from publishing. The house I was paying mortgage [on] was my husband's. He bought the house and it wasn't paid out. The five years I was living there I spent over $120,000 just on mortgage [payments]. Then you [have] the kids, and the food, and the clothes and legal fees...when there's no money coming in, there's just money [going] out."

Rios also talked about her physically and emotionally abusive relationship with her late husband. "It's through the grace of God that I've survived," she said. "I never knew what domestic violence was until I was in it and even when I was in it I still didn't know what was going on. I thought it was just me I didn't know that it was happening with so many women."

As a member of the Terror Squad rap group Pun was responsible for introducing rapper Fat Joe to the public. According to Rios, she and Joe are not on good terms and have no plans to reconcile. "We haven't been on the best of terms in a while. I'm asking to see proof of royalties and so forth. I have not yet seen anything. Pun has made a lot of money for people and continues to make money for them. Pun doesn't get paid when you hear songs on iTunes [or] ringtones. If Pun's not getting a check, his kids are not getting a check."

Pun, born Christopher Rios, died in 2000 from a fatal heart attach. Most famous for his single 'I'm Not A Player,' the rapper weighed almost 700 lbs at the time of his death

VIDEO

[pic - click to view]

Big Pun's Wife and Children Living in Homeless Shelter - The Boombox

108 comments for "Aug 6 - Big Pun's Wife and Children Living in Homeless Shelter"

8 years ago '06        #2
yungfresh2def 21 heat pts21 OP
space
space
$531 | Props total: 1 1
thats f**ked up, fat joe knows he's suppose to care of da man's family, he's always claiming him as his brother, thats f**ked up
 8 years ago '08        #3
get_ate 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,853 | Props total: 416 416
 yungfresh2def said:
thats f**ked up, fat joe knows he's suppose to care of da man's family, he's always claiming him as his brother, thats f**ked up
...as much as I think Fat Joe is a clown, it's not his responsibility to take care of that man's wife and children.

That responsibility was Pun's before he died. Pun's inability to properly manage his finances, establish a trust, or maybe even leave a will are all on him.

...now that he's dead, and been dead for almost a decade now, the responsibility of taking care of the Rios family lies in the hands of the wife...and from what I can gather, she's failed at that miserably for almost a decade.

Instead of looking to scapegoat Joe as the cause of her family's malady, shorty needs to look at Pun and herself.

...shorty's basically waiting for a handout that will NEVER come because, realistically speaking, Pun wasn't that big of a deal. His catalog is scant, and its kind of hard to squeeze money out of nothing.

Ja Rule has a more lucrative catalog that will keep his children's children living comfortably...the same cannot be said for Pun.
 8 years ago '07        #4
AndrewTHEgreaT 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,578 | Props total: 1688 1688
thats mad sad my g how you weigh that much but why she not doing anything with her life everytime i hear about her its like she not saying oh i got a job and trying to make sure n*ggas dont forget about him its always about joe. but he a f**ked up n*gga too
 8 years ago '05        #5
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
That's her fault she's in that position. He's been dead for a decade now. She got $160,000 which is a decent amount for any person. His career was too short to be worth millions, he had one good album then died during his 2nd. She was probably trying to pay mortgage on a million dollar home without any other income. Fat Joe doesn't have to give her any money because Pun agreed to sign under Terror Squad. She should have sold that house find a more modest affordable house and try to start a career. 160,000 can support that for 3-4 years.
 8 years ago '08        #6
MAKAVELI2199 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,384 | Props total: 181 181
 This Article said:
As a member of the Terror Squad rap group Pun was responsible for introducing rapper Fat Joe to the public.
????????????????????? false

Last edited by MAKAVELI2199; 08-06-2009 at 12:01 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #7
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
who ever said that dumb s**t about joe taking care of pun's family are you serious? Pun was fatjoe's artist true, duke was an incredible lyricist also true but why should joe have to hold them down like that? she made 160k you tellin me you couldn't come up off of that? she wanted to live a life style that wasn't hers and now she's paying for it (no pun intended).

pun didn't put fatjoe on as corny as joe can be the brother made himself he has his own family to look after Pun has been gone for a long time and its not like dude has 1000 songs to generate income off of this chick needs to get up get out a get something she said she spent 120k aight you still got 80 start a bizness or sumthin

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 08-06-2009 at 07:36 PM..
 08-06-2009, 07:57 PM         #8
Ether Boy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
she received 160,000 and ended up in a homeless shelter???

sad to hear but its her fault for not foreseeing this s**t. If i was her i would be milking puns legacy for whatever i can get.

s**t, i woulda written a book about the abuse with pun
 08-06-2009, 08:11 PM         #9
Jimbo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And this is supposed to be surprising or something?
 08-06-2009, 08:12 PM         #10
Jimbo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sonnage King said:
she received 160,000 and ended up in a homeless shelter???

sad to hear but its her fault for not foreseeing this s**t. If i was her i would be milking puns legacy for whatever i can get.

s**t, i woulda written a book about the abuse with pun
$160,000 is nothing, especially to some stupid a.ss uneducated broad. She probably blew through that s**t in a month.
 08-06-2009, 08:23 PM         #11
Jimbo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
She was probably "stuntin" on people with that $160,000.

She probably thought about some s**t like "Damn, I got 160 g's, I should put this down on a house for me and my family...... Nah f**k that what am I talking about, I'ma go get a big diamond Big Pun chain and rock that s**t at the club." lmao
 8 years ago '04        #12
Barcode 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,145 | Props total: 27 27
Should have moved down south.
160'gs aint s**t in NY. . .
 8 years ago '04        #13
dre03 
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 2452 2452
 Poloi3eai2 said:
That's her fault she's in that position. He's been dead for a decade now. She got $160,000 which is a decent amount for any person. His career was too short to be worth millions, he had one good album then died during his 2nd. She was probably trying to pay mortgage on a million dollar home without any other income. Fat Joe doesn't have to give her any money because Pun agreed to sign under Terror Squad. She should have sold that house find a more modest affordable house and try to start a career. 160,000 can support that for 3-4 years.
You dumbass u know nothing about the real world u must obviously be under the age of 21 and never ever purchased a car, or anything on your own...

The house wasnt paid off and they were not in that house long before Pun died so im sure they owed alot on the house... If she would have sold the house she would have been upside down and still owed on a house she no longer even lives in... Example there is still 300,000 left to be paid on the house but the house is only worth 200,000... U have to come up with the difference unless u find an idiot willing to pay the amount owed instead of what the house is worth...

$160,000 is nothing in New York... s**t garbage men make like 80,000 in New York a year... 160,000 will get u a very small house in New York and this is what this woman was left to pay off all of Pun's debt, bills and to provide for his children... The cost of living is to high up there... And as a housewife u dont have any qualifications to get a good job especially not one that can sustain the life she was living...
 8 years ago '04        #14
dre03 
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 2452 2452
 Bazzzzz said:
Should have moved down south.
160'gs aint s**t in NY. . .
Exactly if she was in houston or some s**t she would be straight... But im sure they had to much left on the house to sell it and move... They would prolly be too far upside down...
 8 years ago '04        #15
yo0123yo 148 heat pts148
space
space
space
$3,681 | Props total: 251 251
she blew the money, then she expects joe to take care of her just cuz she's pun's wife, joe said it even himself, he's got like 30 people hes gotta support including friends, he can't support a whole other family
 8 years ago '04        #16
yo0123yo 148 heat pts148
space
space
space
and if she had a million dollar house and the mortgage was that damn high, why not sell the house and buy something smaller and open up a beauty salon or two with that money instead of crying for joe to take care of her everytime she needs money? thats her own damn fault
 8 years ago '04        #17
..:Fame:.. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,126 | Props total: 1001 1001
Wow congratulations ... You f**ked up !!!!!!

Should have sold the house if you can't afford it and move to a smaller one . got a job and kept food in ya kids mouth . Instead she blew it
 08-07-2009, 07:06 PM         #18
doubler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fat joe is a punk sucka..... He shouldnt say Pun name at all or claim him if he cant help them.
 8 years ago '04        #19
yo0123yo 148 heat pts148
space
space
space
shes disrespectin pun by talking bad about him after his death..i don't see joey doin that
 8 years ago '06        #20
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Damn that's f**ked up.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
95 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
126 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy