Fat Joe responds to Big Puns wife.. she f**k off the money

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
17 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Tom Savage concussion makes clear that NFL's protocol has major issues
11 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
7638 pageviews
61 comments

Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,876 | Props total: 25638 25638
Fat Joe responds to Big Puns wife.. she f**k off the money

just like i said this b**ch f**ked off all the money she was given he gave her pun advance for his second album and his publishing and hit her off with some money and she f**ked it off not joe fault...

Recently, Liza Rios, Big Pun’s widow (who also put out “Still Not a Player,” a documentary about life with the legend, and her struggle with domestic abuse in their marriage) said that financial woes have forced her and her kids to live in a city shelter. Rios says that she received $160k in royalties from her late husband’s music, but that those funds were quickly used up in mortgage payments and childcare.

Today, The Life Files posted a response from Fat Joe, who Rios has often blamed for her financial problems….

“Immediately after Puns death I gave Liza Rios the whole advance of the Endangered Species album, NO ONE but Liza made a dollar off that album. I also gave her the total advance from the publishing company that was due to Big Pun.

I’ve never made a dollar off Big Pun since his passing. This was hundreds of thousands of dollars of frivolous spending, after the second payoff I washed my hands. Since then we have been through 6 lawyers, harassment on various radio stations and online mediums every time she needs more money. I also have legal documents stating that NO ONE is making money off of Big Pun.

I sympathize with Liza, but I have done already done enough for her. In these economic times we as parents need to be resilient and do what it takes to provide for our own families.”

So once again, we get back to the topic of responsibility vs charity vs legacy vs image.
To what extent is a rapper’s mentor and/or the label or execs who made money off of him responsible for taking care of his wife and kids? We’ve seen instances where friends of fallen rappers announce their plans to help support the surviving family members. Jay-Z rapped in “What We Do,”: “But I gotta feed Tianna [Biggie's daughter], man. So I move keys…”) And other deceased artists have foundations set up to handle their posthumous projects and revenue. Big Pun’s Capital Punishment and Yeeaah Baby sold multi-platinum, but I’m not sure if Endangered Species did.
But with no Rappers Benevolent a.ssociation, and no pension plan….what are the unofficial rules?
How does it work with organized crime (since some of their “street rules,” are appropriated too)?…does the wife get an envelope for the rest of her life? Or does it peter off once the support wears off its image-enhancing value?
Now…as Fat Joe seems to point out….to what extent is Liza Rios responsible for her and her family’s own support? The real tragedy is that there are many children, related to legend and not, who are living in the shelter system….where focusing on survival leaves little room for being a kid.

[pic - click to view]

MissInfo.tv » Sigh: Big Pun’s wife says she and her kids are in a shelter, Fat Joe responds

Last edited by Yung Dilla; 08-05-2009 at 12:00 PM..

61 comments for "Fat Joe responds to Big Puns wife.. she f**k off the money"

08-05-2009, 12:03 PM         #2
Knocka 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if he has legal documents, some of YOU owe dude an apology. that is all.
 8 years ago '06        #3
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478 OP
space
space
$54,876 | Props total: 25638 25638
 Knocka said:
i already know dude helped she said not long after pun died she just keeps blowing her money and expects joe to come save her every time n*gga got his fam to look after
 08-05-2009, 12:10 PM         #4
non-fiction 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pun-obese, Joe -obese, Wife-obese, kids-obese

"Fat dont grow on trees"
 8 years ago '04        #5
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,902 | Props total: 833 833
b**ch better get a job
 08-05-2009, 12:12 PM         #6
Knocka 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ i can't even quote that, but lmao cold homie
 08-05-2009, 12:20 PM         #7
The_Man_I_Am 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if u are given any amount of hundreds of thousands,and u get a job, theres no way u should b in a shelter...i know if i was given 50000 dollars, i would b living comfortably, so theres no way, without blowing it all of course, u should b in a shelter....not Joe's fault
 8 years ago '06        #8
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,638 | Props total: 8570 8570
Damn f**kd up story spend your money wisely
 8 years ago '08        #9
Nick-401 
space
space
space
$528 | Props total: 1 1
fat joe dont have the money to take care of someone else family...
 8 years ago '04        #10
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,396 | Props total: 4287 4287
yall shulda been known she was blowin that money on bulls**t
 08-05-2009, 12:35 PM         #11
Knocka 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"cocaine is a helluva drug"

4real tho!
 8 years ago '07        #12
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,474 | Props total: 409 409
 Nick-401 said:
fat joe dont have the money to take care of someone else family...
how would you know? are you his f**kin accountant
 8 years ago '07        #13
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,348 | Props total: 21266 21266
 Knocka said:

are you f**king serious or are you joking?
 08-05-2009, 02:02 PM         #14
Es0_puka 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no i wouldn't expect him to get millions of just album sales

s**t don't work like that
 8 years ago '04        #15
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
i been tellin people this for the longest...Joe dont owe that lady no money...s**t a month n a half ago i seen her rockin a nice chain sellin some new Pun merch at the Pr Parade...how she homeless now?! s**t i even bought a Pun Fitted! s**t is crack too,lol..
 08-05-2009, 02:13 PM         #16
Jerseyelite89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
160K about 10 years ago means what now? if that n*gga still caking everytime Twinz plays on the radio, who really caking...n*ggas on here thinking Pun's wife put the money in a box and locked it in a closet.....
 8 years ago '07        #17
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Damn...
 8 years ago '07        #18
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
Damn i member when i was making 25gs a year.....i could have lived w/o a job for like 6yrs with 160gs
 8 years ago '04        #19
infam0uskills 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,434 | Props total: 5520 5520
s**t I remember when she put pun chain on eBay, s**t ain't even sell for what it was worth.

if Joe fed her and she ate like he's saying then she need to get on her grizzly and get a JOB.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #20
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 deeznutz said:
but joe is saying he gave her hundreds of thousands of dollars but shouldnt it be millions of dollars? i mean how many times platinum has pun went combined? what kind of s**tty deal was pun signed under to not at least have a small empire from all his music? maybe pun was signed to some s**tty a.ss deal in the first place? maybe pun spent millions before he passed? these are questions i ask. i'm not saying whos right and whos wrong but you would think there'd be a bit more money for pun's widow or for pun if he was still alive. like basically if pun didnt die you think after dropping 2 albums and a greatest hit album he would only have gotten hundreds of thousands of dollars?
rappers dont make millions off thier albums,especially not in those times.rappers make majority of their money off shows an tours.pun didnt live long enough to really cake off his work
Home      

most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
49 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
209 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
82 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
139 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
190 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
317 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
80 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy