Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
35 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-04-2009, 09:58 PM         #1
6128 pageviews
10 comments

CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Earth's Cultures v2.0

A partial remake (different format) of the previous Earth Cultures Thread I made - Link Here >>
[pic - click to view]

http://slumz.boxden.com/f .. hread-1118169/ -, this one should provide a more in-depth description and analysis of the various cultural practices throughout the world.

---

The Etoro Tribe - Drink Semen, Grow Robust!

[pic - click to view]

Etoro tribe located in New Guinea, is one of many tribes in the Trans-Fly region, that have a rather strange cultural tradition, the consumption of semen.

They (Etoro) have many beliefs regarding the drinking of sperm:

- Enhances crops
- "Life-Force"
- Energy for growth

How does this affect their relationship with women and reporduction? Understandably, semen, percieved as a "life-force" providing a link to the supernatural world, will take precedence over anything else.

Since inconsequential s3x (s3x not leading to pregnancy) is viewed as a waste of the life-force, thus percievedly affecting the economy/ecology, heteros3x is prohibited throughout the larger portion of the year, and when it is allowed, considerably constrained.

What are the rammifications?

- Depopulation
- Less agricultural strain
- Extreme Patricentrism
- Inversely, disparity towards women

When they manifest, they response may be as equally strange; women may not be

With regards to the seminophagia...

Functionalist Perspective: When examined in its relation towards the function and overall stability of a society, its apparent that the practice of "sharing" semen is a critical component; a practiced centered in economy, spirituality, s3xuality/reproduction, rites of passage, and group cohesion.

Interactionist Perspective: Facilitates the bond between males, aswell as defining the significance of the practice. Also allows for the fullfillment of spiritual "duties".

Conflict Perspective: Affords males dominance, in all respects, over their women counter-parts.

Actual health benefits of semen:

Seminal plasma contains minerals such as zinc and calcium, both of which are known to inhibit tooth decay. Semen is also a powerful organic antidepressant [6] because of its content of mood-enhancing hormones such as epinephrine,[7] dopamine, oxytocin and serotonin,[4] and it has thus been called "Nature's Prozac."[8][9][10]

Seminophagia provides the body with testosterone, which is important to maintain muscle and bone strength. While women need a smaller proportion of testosterone than men, it is just as important to female health as it is to male.[11] Testosterone reduces the risk of heart attack, protects against stroke, and can even treat diabetes.[12] Testosterone is particularly important after menopause. When testosterone levels in the blood increase in testosterone-deficient women, bone density usually improves, and women generally report that they feel better.[11]
Maybe the Etoro are onto something image...

10 comments for "Earth's Cultures v2.0"

08-04-2009, 11:26 PM         #2
JerseyLegend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:vomit-smiley-009: Who supplies it? I doubt there is a sole provider .
:vomit-smiley-009:

If you like these esoteric traditions or cultures, then you should watch 'Taboo' on the National Geographic channel.
 08-05-2009, 09:07 AM         #3
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CHRONICLE said:

Actual health benefits of semen:

Seminal plasma contains minerals such as zinc and calcium, both of which are known to inhibit tooth decay. Semen is also a powerful organic antidepressant [6] because of its content of mood-enhancing hormones such as epinephrine,[7] dopamine, oxytocin and serotonin,[4] and it has thus been called "Nature's Prozac."[8][9][10]

Seminophagia provides the body with testosterone, which is important to maintain muscle and bone strength. While women need a smaller proportion of testosterone than men, it is just as important to female health as it is to male.[11] Testosterone reduces the risk of heart attack, protects against stroke, and can even treat diabetes.[12] Testosterone is particularly important after menopause. When testosterone levels in the blood increase in testosterone-deficient women, bone density usually improves, and women generally report that they feel better.[11]
Maybe the Etoro are onto something ...
i really wish i hadnt read that now.

for the rest of my life i will be stopping myself drinking my semen. thanks.
 08-05-2009, 09:56 AM         #4
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I remember reading this in Anthropology. They're also tribes that circumcise little boys by putting their d*ck on a platform, and cutting off the foreskin with a sharp rock. Also, some tribes slice open the p*nis like a 'butterfly'. I forget the exact reason why they do this; probably because they are tradition-directed, like most of these primitive tribes.
 08-05-2009, 10:05 AM         #5
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
penn and teller did a show on circumcision the other day.

f**king horrible practice.
 8 years ago '07        #6
nwadei 34 heat pts34
space
space
$4,394 | Props total: 1 1
Yeah I remember reading about the Etoro tribe in my anthropology book. Thats definitely crazy
 08-05-2009, 02:56 PM         #7
CHRONICLE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jataylorlfc said:
i really wish i hadnt read that now.

for the rest of my life i will be stopping myself drinking my semen. thanks.
It also prevents tooth decay, and enhances women immune system.

All you have to do is present this to your partner.

A strong case can be made for fellatio!
 08-07-2009, 07:56 AM         #8
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CHRONICLE said:

vacum cleaners dont speak english..........:(

they speak mexican
 08-07-2009, 10:30 AM         #9
fatboi1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CHRONICLE said:

*Prints out benefits of semen to girl*

Shaolin_Bees said:
Who supplies it? I doubt there is a sole provider .

If you like these esoteric traditions or cultures, then you should watch 'Taboo' on the National Geographic channel.
UghH! I'm wondering that same thing myself.
 08-17-2009, 09:44 AM         #10
CHRONICLE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Evil Eyes! - “Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats: For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: 'Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee'.”

[pic - click to view]

The evil eye isn't an unusual cultural belief, whats interesting instead is the age of this belief, aswell as its world-wide. In nearly every region of the world, a variant of this particular belief is found.

It is the idea that an individual, intentionally or unintentionally, can afflict others, simply with an evil or envious gaze.

A renowned Folklorist, and expert on this cultural pattern, Alan Dundes explains:

Alan Dundes said:
The evil eye is an Indo-European and Semitic belief complex. It is not found among native North or South Americans or in Oceania. It’s a belief complex based on the idea that an individual, either male or female, has the power to cause harm to another individual or to that individual’s property by simply looking at or praising that person’s property. And the harm can consist of illness, even death, and the destruction of property. Some of the common manifes-tations of it are that your baby falls ill, or your fruit tree dries up, or your cow stops giving milk.
What he seems to describe is a scenario involving massive cultural diffusion, which I feel is suprising; I would've expected this belief to be natural for all cultures, since it directly related to human interaction, a domain where "evil eyes" are quite the norm.

Apparently, Europeans managed to diffuse this idea, and its connotations throughout the world.

He goes on to state:

Alan Dundes said:
The idea is that many peasant societies have what anthropologist George Foster refers to as the concept of “limited good.” There’s only so much wealth and health. So you want to conceal your wealth because people are going to wish that they had it, otherwise you’ll lose it. This is why the evil eye is not particularly popular in America, because we have a notion of unlimited good.

What I argue is that the evil eye involves control of limited liquids. Hence a male fears that he may lose sperm. That is why in Italy, for example, men cover their testicles when passing someone that they suspect might have the evil eye, as though that’s going to protect them from the drying impact of the evil eye glands. Or they spit to prove that they are still capable of producing liquid. You have these little phallic amulets you wear, or you make the fica sign, which represents a phallus in a v*gina. Women have similar concerns about becoming dry, in this case not being able to produce milk. The whole notion of the evil eye, even in the ancient texts, is about drying out people or crops or cattle.

This is part of the old theory of the humors in ancient Greek (and Indic) cultures involving combinations of wet/dry and hot/cold. People seem to know about hot and cold. Some people believe that the wet and dry has disappeared. It hasn’t disappeared. It may have gone underground, but it underlies the belief in the evil eye.

I relate the whole notion of fluids to tipping. You tip so that the waiter isn’t jealous of you. This way, you can eat without worrying about the waiter casting the evil eye on you for enjoying your food. The tip is money so that the waiter can drink also. The word tip comes from tipple, to drink.
The effects of this belief on behavioral patterns are extensive, as indicated above.

What do you think accounts for the longevity of this belief?

It can't be much different from any other spiritual belief, rested deeply in human ignorance.
 8 years ago '04        #11
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
$18,279 | Props total: 66 66
The evil eye is in my culture as well, its a belief that someone is jealous of what you have, so they have the evil eye, or green eye of jealous which causes sickness and misfortune. For example, when ever my younger siblings were born and they're get sick in the first 2 months, my grand mom said its because someone is jealous, then My grandmother would always light out candles in a cup of water to make it go away (not that it did, just saying lol)
Home      

most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
261 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
167 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
165 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
151 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
52 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
90 comments
19 hours ago