Vitali Klitschko vs Chris Arreola[9-26-09][HBO]

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
169 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
188 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winner?
VK by KO 4 50.00%
VK by Dec 1 12.50%
CA by KO 3 37.50%
CA by Dec 0 0%
Voters: 8. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
6886 pageviews
79 comments

STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Vitali Klitschko vs Chris Arreola[9-26-09][HBO]

lets get it!

[pic - click to view]

Vitali Klitschko and Chris Arreola have reached an agreement to f!ght on Sept. 26 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, according to a reliable source.

Arreola turned down an offer to f!ght THE RING’s No. 1-rated heavyweight and the WBC titleholder on Sept. 12 because he felt he wouldn’t have enough time to prepare but accepted a second offer to f!ght two weeks later.

Klitschko thought he had a deal in place to defend his belt against David Haye on Sept. 12 in Germany but Haye decided to f!ght Nikolai Valuev instead, which opened the door for the undefeated Arreola (27-0, 24 knockouts).

Klitschko (37-2, 36 KOs) has fought twice at Staples Center, losing to Lennox Lewis because of a cut but proving his toughness in 2003 and stopping Corrie Sanders the following year. The Ukrainian is 2-0 in his comeback after a four-year hiatus.

The will be Arreola’s first opportunity to f!ght for a major title.

The brawler from Riverside, Calif., rated No. 6 by THE RING, has never fought at nearby Staples Center. He is coming off a fourth-round knockout of Jameel McCline in April.

[pic - click to view]

V. Klitschko, Arreola reach deal

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 07-30-2009 at 06:02 PM..

79 comments for "Vitali Klitschko vs Chris Arreola[9-26-09][HBO]"

8 years ago '07        #2
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,067 | Props total: 30381 30381
Did you really put up options for Arreola to win?

smh
 8 years ago '06        #3
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
 stogz said:
Did you really put up options for Arreola to win?

smh
its funny u say that cuz i was gonna make them all for how vitali would win but u know, arreola is still danerous and vitali is getting old. but i see u havent voted yet so thats also saying something
 8 years ago '07        #4
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
Look... voting on this is tooooooooooo easy. I'm embarassed that there is even a legit poll for this.

The poll question should be...

How Many Lbs will Vitali knock off of Arreola?

or

How many of Arreola's chins will get bruised?

Will the local commission demand Arreola wear a sports bra?

Will Lampley cry after Arreola gets K.O.'d like he did with Cotto?

Will Arreola get DQ'd for having burger grease in his water bottle?

Will Arreola admit to taking HGH (Hamburgers. Gobbstoppers. Hamhocks)?
 8 years ago '06        #5
space
space
 stogz said:
Look... voting on this is tooooooooooo easy. I'm embarassed that there is even a legit poll for this.

The poll question should be...

How Many Lbs will Vitali knock off of Arreola?

or

How many of Arreola's chins will get bruised?

Will the local commission demand Arreola wear a sports bra?

Will Lampley cry after Arreola gets K.O.'d like he did with Cotto?

Will Arreola get DQ'd for having burger grease in his water bottle?

Will Arreola admit to taking HGH (Hamburgers. Gobbstoppers. Hamhocks)?
lmfao damn yo chill . (i didnt know lampley cried after cotto got f**ked) i tihnk ithis is much more competitive than u make it out to be tho. im looking forward to cristobal's demise tho..

DETOX im out
 8 years ago '06        #6
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
I'm looking for it to be an upset for the Klitschko fans out there.
 8 years ago '07        #7
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
I'm picking Vitali to win... to Really Knock The F**k Outta Fat Boy Hard

but there is no option for Vitali by KTFOFBH in the options... so, i guess i can't vote
 8 years ago '07        #9
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
wow...

Arreola gonna get winded on the ring walk.
 8 years ago '06        #10
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
Arreola does need 2 get in shape if he's that big 4real...
 8 years ago '06        #11
Dead Prezidents 
space
space
$2,030 | Props total: 6 6
 stogz said:
wow...

Arreola gonna get winded on the ring walk.
In his last f!ght he fought another fatty, and Larry Merchant kept calling them Jelly-Bellies, and making all other type of fat jokes during the f!ght's play-by-play

Merchant is a d*ck
 8 years ago '06        #12
space
space
Vitali Klitschko, Chris Arreola Confident of Victory

LOS ANGELES - Vitali “Dr. Ironfist” Klitschko will return to the famous site of two of his most memorable f!ghts – STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, California – when he defends his World Boxing Council (WBC) heavyweight title against unbeaten, WBC No. 1-ranked Cristobal“The Nightmare’’ Arreola on Saturday, September 26.

The exciting Klitschko, of Los Angeles and Hamburg, Germany, will bring a record of 37-2 with 36 knockouts into what will be an exciting, hotly contested 12-round showdown. The dangerous-punching Arreola, of Riverside, California, via East Los Angeles, is 27-0 with 24 KOs.

Tickets will go on sale Saturday, Aug. 15 beginning at 10 a.m. PT at all TicketMaster outlets, by phone at 800-745-3000 and online at . Tickets will be available at the STAPLES Center Box Office Monday, August 17 at 10 a.m. Tickets are priced at $500, $300, $200, $100, $75, $50 and $25.

The world title f!ght, which will be promoted by K2 Promotions in a.ssociation with Goossen Tutor Promotions, will air Live on HBO at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT. My goal has

On September 26, the popular Klitschko will make history by becoming the first f!ghter to headline three times at STAPLES Center. If triumphant, Arreola will make history by becoming the first boxer of Mexican descent to capture a world heavyweight championship.

“I am really looking forward to f!ghting again and defending my title at STAPLES Center in front of so many of my fans and friends,’’ Klitschko said. “Los Angeles is my home. It is where I live with my wife and children. This is going to be a good f!ght. Arreola is undefeated. He will have lots of his fans there, too. So it will be a great night. But I am confident I will win.’’

Klitschko has been involved in the only two heavyweight world title f!ghts to emanate from the internationally-known home of the NBA Champion Lakers, STAPLES Center. He is 1-1, but both matches were unforgettable. The first – against then- champion Lennox Lewis on June 21, 2003 – was a bloody, exhilarating slugfest that resulted in a hotly disputed victory for Lewis.

The first world title f!ght in Los Angeles since 1958 featured numerous changes in momentum. It went into the books as a sixth-round TKO for Lewis, but Klitschko won over the fans and the media by displaying more courageousness than anyone could expect and to this day feels he could have won it.

“I will never feel like I was the loser against Lennox Lewis because I did not lose the f!ght,” said Klitschko, who was ahead 58-56 on the three judges’ scorecards when the ringside physician controversially stopped a remarkable f!ght after the sixth round because of bad cuts around the challenger’s left eye.

“I could have kept f!ghting. I could have beaten him. I did my best, but the doctor’s decision about the cuts stopped me. But that’s in the past. My focus now is totally on defeating Arreola and remaining the WBC champion.’’

The six-foot-seven, 38-year-old Klitschko, whose younger brother Wladimir is the International Boxing Federation (IBF), World Boxing Organization (WBO) and International Boxing Organization (IBO) belt-holder (the Klitschkos are the only siblings in boxing history to simultaneously own world heavyweight titles) as well as Ring Magazine Champion, will be making his second defense in his second stint as WBC champion.

Klitschko captured the then-vacant WBC belt the first time at STAPLES Center on April 24, 2004, when he demolished Corrie Sanders en route to an eighth-round TKO. Shortly thereafter, Vitali was honored by then-L.A. Mayor James K. Hahn, who proclaimed that April 24 would always be "Vitali Klitschko Day" in Los Angeles.

After he was sidelined by injuries for nearly four years, Klitschko regained the WBC strap with an impressive eighth-round TKO over Samuel Peter on Oct. 11, 2008. In his last start, Klitschko retained the title with a one-sided ninth-round TKO over Juan Carlos Gomez on March 21, 2009.

The 6-foot-4, 28-year-old Arreola is coming off a fourth-round knockout over longtime title contender Jameel McCline on April 11, 2009. The determined, hungry, hard-hitting Arreola’s last 15 f!ghts have ended inside the distance – 14 by KO or TKO and one by disqualification.

Arreola, who’s called out Klitschko on many occasions, hasn’t gone the distance since September, 2005.

“I feel honored to have the opportunity to make history in my backyard in my hometown,’’ Arreola said. “It’s not just about f!ghting here in my hometown, it’s about hearing the cheers and getting all the congratulations and accolades after winning the title.

“Los Angeles is my hometown. I was born and raised here. Just because Klitschko has fought at STAPLES Center doesn’t mean a thing. He may live here, but he wasn’t born here. When Klitschko steps into the ring on Sept. 26, he’ll know whose hometown it is.

“I have waited a lifetime for this opportunity. My dream is about to come true. I can’t wait.’’

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 08-13-2009 at 08:56 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #13
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 08-14-2009 at 02:01 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #14
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
^^^LOL!!!

That sh*t looks awkward as h*ll. Arreola look uncomfortable and slightly upset...
 8 years ago '06        #15
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
 stogz said:
^^^LOL!!!

That sh*t looks awkward as h*ll. Arreola look uncomfortable and slightly upset...

Doesn't he though? What's even funnier is the look on the guys face 2 the right of him.

Last edited by davon4204; 08-15-2009 at 02:14 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #16
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 davon4204 said:
Doesn't he though? What's even funnier is the look on the guys face 2 the right of him.
lol...

Both Goosen and that other guy lookin' at Arreola like 'You gonna let this guy fondle you like that'?

f**k!!!

This is gonna be a massacre...

Last edited by stogz; 08-15-2009 at 02:26 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #17
space
space
Chris Arreola - "I Want The f!ght To Be A Classic"

Exclusive Interview by James Slater - One of 2009's most anticipated f!ghts comes on September 26th in Los Angeles, as WBC heavyweight ruler Vitali Klitschko squares up with unbeaten Mexican/American challenger Chris Arreola. Promising to be a great battle of big punching warriors, the title f!ght has sure got the fans (and the media) buzzing.

28-year-old Arreola, nicknamed, of course, "The Nightmare" is anticipating an "all out war" next month, and he is sure he will be the man left standing when all the smoke clears.

Very kindly taking time out to speak with me earlier today from his San Fernando Valley training camp, the 27-0(24) big man had the following answers to my questions..

James Slater: It's a pleasure to speak with you, sir, as always. Just to start off, how has training been going so far? I know you've only been in camp for a week or so.

Chris Arreola: My pleasure. It's been going good, man. Darryl, my conditioning coach, has been putting me through it and my trainer, Henry, has also been kicking my butt in the gym, so it's all coming together.

J.S: Have you started sparring yet?

C.A: Oh, sure. I'm in my second week of sparring already.

J.S: And who have you been working with?

C.A: At the moment it's Cisse Salif, and we're going to get Lance Whitaker and then either Tye Fields or Michael Grant.

J.S: Obviously big guys with height then, to emulate Vitali?

C.A: Of course, yeah.

J.S: And you're out at San Fernando Valley now, right?

C.A: Yeah, I'm out in San Fernando and I love it here. It's really nice here - so much better than Big Bear. I hate Big Bear!

J.S: We all saw the press conference last week, when you and Viltali came face-to-face. Was that the first time you'd met him up close?

C.A: No. I met him when I'd had about three or four f!ghts. I doubt he even remembers it, but it was back in LA when I was sparring with his brother.

J.S: When you sized him up last week, so to speak, did you have any initial thoughts, like he's taller or shorter than you thought he'd be?

C.A: He was actually a little smaller than I thought. You build up this image of him in your head, of him being like out of Rocky, you know, Ivan Drago. But he's not that big really. But regardless of that, I've still got to chop him down to my size in the ring.

J.S: A lot of fans liked how you and Vitali were both gentlemen at the press conference - you both showed each other a lot of respect. There's never any trash talk from you, is there?

C.A: Boxing is a gentleman's sport. Some people need to talk trash to get themselves mentally up for the f!ght. I don't need to do that. I knew Vitali would be a gentleman also. We talk business in the ring, that's all.

J.S: The fans are really buzzing about this f!ght, and are happy that the heavyweight division has a great f!ght to look forward to at last. Are you feeling any different in yourself? I mean, I know you're massively motivated, but do you feel anything else differently? Are there even any nerves?

C.A: No. I have no nerves at all. I am hugely motivated for the f!ght, but I'm not scared, I'm not intimidated. I'm happy about this f!ght. I'm looking forward to taking the bull by the horns. I won't pay any attention, really, when I enter the ring and all the lights and the cameras are on me. I'm happy to be getting the opportunity to put heavyweight boxing back on the map.

J.S: Ring magazine are excited about this f!ght. They said that Chris Arreola may not win, but he will give it everything he has trying. I know you don't want to hear about people saying you'll lose, but even Ring are pumped about this f!ght, does that make you feel good?

C.A: I think it's good that this f!ght has given people something to talk about. But, you know, I'm coming to win. I will win.

J.S: It's great that the f!ght got made, and seemingly so easily. We know what happened over here in the UK with David Haye Vs. Klitschko becoming a farce. Fans are glad that this f!ght is actually happening!

C.A: I'm here to f!ght. That's what it's all about and what we're [boxers] here for. People pay to see us f!ght, they pay to see action. They sit down with their popcorn or whatever and they want to be entertained. So I always want to f!ght, whoever it's against. I just f!ght, man.

J.S: Everyone talks about Vitali's long reach and his good left jab. Is that your main concern, his jab?

C.A: Yes, of course his jab is a concern, but his right hand in my main concern - the way he drops that hammer down. The jab sets up his right. So, of course, we have to take his left jab away from him, and that will leave him with nothing. I have to get inside.

J.S: As good as he is, Vitali is 38 and he has to go some time. Do you think it will be against you?

C.A: Well, nowadays, 38 is nothing really. Age doesn't really come into it today, look at Bernard Hopkins. So age is not a factor. He's [Vitali] still a warrior and I have to f!ght him like he's a young man.

J.S: Have you got your tactics firmly in your head? Do you have a mental picture of how you see yourself f!ghting against Vitali?

C.A: Yeah, I know I have to get inside. That's most important. And I've got to apply pressure, constant pressure. I have to hit his arms, his chest, his head, his belly - I have to just make sure I hit him everywhere I can. I have to make it my f!ght. And of course, I have to try some new things, like head movement, side steps and angles.

J.S: Most people are expecting a great action f!ght. Do you expect a really brutal f!ght? A war?

C.A: I'm hoping it will be. I really am. I want an all out war. I hope this f!ght is a classic, plain and simple.

J.S: Well, it's been great speaking with you once again, Chris. I really wish you all the best for September, and hopefully the next time I speak with you you will be the heavyweight champion of the world!

C.A: Thank you. I'm always happy to do interviews.
 8 years ago '07        #18
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Fishscale said:
Chris Arreola - "I Want The f!ght To Be A Classic"

It'll be classic alright....

a classic a.ss whooping. This is gonna be worse than Mayweather Jr. v. Gatti. This will be close to Pacman v. Hitman.

P.E.T.A. gonna protest against Klitschko for abusing beached whales.

Vitali guna tenderize him, K.O. him, then cut a strip off his back and make a ham sandwich.
 8 years ago '06        #19
kevkhalee 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,319 | Props total: 120 120
 stogz said:

a classic a.ss whooping. This is gonna be worse than Mayweather Jr. v. Gatti. This will be close to Pacman v. Hitman.

Vitali guna tenderize him, K.O. him, then cut a strip off his back and make a ham sandwich.
ok we get your point.

Chris lose the weight, it will be a nice matchup...
 8 years ago '06        #20
space
space
 stogz said:

ill be laughing if vitali gets his a.ss handed to him . f**k that tho...its not gonna be a TOTAL massacre like u described, but arreola will get stopped

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 08-26-2009 at 09:10 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
204 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy